Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Ah. Well for future use, know you should post all Mode Switcher issues for webOS 2.x + here. I'd merge these lasts posts over there, but I forget exactly how that's done.

    Can you clarify a bit more exactly what you are after please. Are trying to set all sound to 0 or "mute" or trying to set all volumes on via a trigger? The settings for the sound are found under the settings button within that mode your working with. Then you just setup a trigger.

    If you're ringer switch is not working you might not be able to use that as a trigger since it may not be registering with MS. If that is the trigger you were looking to use, you may have to use another trigger.

    Let me know if I am not understanding your problem correctly.

    Be sure to check out the MS wiki page for more info as well.
    the problem is that the ringer switch has a loose contact. I can switch between on (all sounds on) and off (all sounds off) but the only stable setting is off. As far as I understand MS you cannot enable sound as long as the ringer switch is off. You can only select between silent and vibrate. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    i tried to create a mode that is triggered by the ringer switch. As soon as I switch it to off the sound should go on. But I failed...
    Palm Pilot > treo 180 > treo 650 > palm prē > touchpad > veer
  2. #1042  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Well, if you do this sort of thing for a living, you probably know that the first thing anyone would ask is what phone/hardware, what version of webOS, what other patches or changes recently, etc...
    Palm Pre+ on Verizon (doctored to webOS 2.1.0). No recent patch additions or deletions, but lots of MS settings changes. None with Calendar trigger, as marysm mentions. Some changes with modes triggering other modes.
  3. #1043  
    Hi everyone,

    I have noticed that on my Pre3 (2.2.4) and Veer (2.1.1) the basic screen settings are missing in Mode Switcher. According to the list of controllable settings for MS 2.x the global screen settings should be there without installing an Advanced Systems Prefs Patch. On my Pre- all options were availible.

    Any ideas as to the reasons for that and how to fix it if possible?

    Does Save&Restore support MS 2.x? It does not show in the list for saving application data.
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppre16 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I have noticed that on my Pre3 (2.2.4) and Veer (2.1.1) the basic screen settings are missing in Mode Switcher. According to the list of controllable settings for MS 2.x the global screen settings should be there without installing an Advanced Systems Prefs Patch. On my Pre- all options were availible.

    Any ideas as to the reasons for that and how to fix it if possible?

    Does Save&Restore support MS 2.x? It does not show in the list for saving application data.
    If you are referring to the turning off screen etc. then those options are not available in MS 2.x (webOS 2.x does not provide any means for controlling those features).

    And don't think that S&R supports MS, you can always store your modes into google docs.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are referring to the turning off screen etc. then those options are not available in MS 2.x (webOS 2.x does not provide any means for controlling those features).

    And don't think that S&R supports MS, you can always store your modes into google docs.
    Hi sconix,

    I was refering to these: Screen (brightness, turn off after, blink notify, locked notify, wallpaper)
  6.    #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppre16 View Post
    Hi sconix,

    I was refering to these: Screen (brightness, turn off after, blink notify, locked notify, wallpaper)
    Ah but the screen settings actually requires the patch, the info is just missing from the wiki I guess.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #1047  
    Hi!

    As a new user registration on webos-internals failed on me, I have to post it here.

    In an effort to prolong battery life I wanted to create a Mode that enables WIFI/Data only when slider is open. But I was not able to find a Slider state trigger. Did I miss it or it is not there?

    thanks,
    Kaido
    ps. even without this trigger MS is fantastic!
  8. #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Ah but the screen settings actually requires the patch, the info is just missing from the wiki I guess.
    I have installed the Advanced Systems Prefs Patches now. They add additional settings to the apps but do not give you more options in MS.

    Let me give an example of what I would like to do with MS 2.x: my night mode should switch off the blinking notification. In MS 1.x this was possible with just installing MS. In MS 2.x this setting is missing.

    Is that due to webOS 2.x or do I oversee something in MS?
  9. #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppre16 View Post
    I have installed the Advanced Systems Prefs Patches now. They add additional settings to the apps but do not give you more options in MS.

    Let me give an example of what I would like to do with MS 2.x: my night mode should switch off the blinking notification. In MS 1.x this was possible with just installing MS. In MS 2.x this setting is missing.

    Is that due to webOS 2.x or do I oversee something in MS?
    Did you enable the advanced preferences in the app menu of mode switcher? Besides installing the adv. patches, you have to turn them on.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post
    Hi!

    As a new user registration on webos-internals failed on me, I have to post it here.

    In an effort to prolong battery life I wanted to create a Mode that enables WIFI/Data only when slider is open. But I was not able to find a Slider state trigger. Did I miss it or it is not there?

    thanks,
    Kaido
    ps. even without this trigger MS is fantastic!
    There is no slider trigger currently. Sconix could possibly be persuaded to make one (if even possible) by donations? ;-)

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  11. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #1051  
    Hi Oakridge and Sconix,
    Can MS manipulate the choice of exhibition mode in any way? For example, if on a Touchstone at work, "Agendaz" would be used, if at home, the "Playboy XXX-hibition" mode would be engaged. ;-)

    Actually the source of the question/request is due to the buggy nature of Exhibition, which always resets it back to the Time exhibition after a restart. Thanks!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    kill_dano likes this.
  12. aa6vh's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #1052  
    Had an interesting delima with Mode Switcher, running on an AT&T Pre3:

    I somehow created a mode (along with a mode modifier), that when ran would "crash" Mode Switcher. MS reports that it is disabled, and the MS configuration screen becomes unresponsive. Attempts to open or close any mode also did not work.

    The interesting part was after a device restart, MS would become operational again, attempt to start the last mode ran (the one that crashes Mode Switcher), and the phone would be right back to where it was again.

    I tried a bunch of stuff to get MS to stop trying to run the problem mode on restart, but I had no success. I finally had to delete the Mode Switcher Program, and reinstall it (which means I had to rebuild all of my MS configuration). My question is there a way that I could have stopped this restart/crash loop that was occuring, and get MS turned off for real, or get it to envoke another mode on restart?

    Sorry that I cannot report on the orginal problem that caused this issue to begin with, since I had to nuke MS in order to regain control.
  13. #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi Oakridge and Sconix,
    Can MS manipulate the choice of exhibition mode in any way? For example, if on a Touchstone at work, "Agendaz" would be used, if at home, the "Playboy XXX-hibition" mode would be engaged. ;-)

    Actually the source of the question/request is due to the buggy nature of Exhibition, which always resets it back to the Time exhibition after a restart. Thanks!
    It is my understanding that MS can't control Exhibition due to current webOS constraints.
  14. #1054  
    I suddenly lost all my MS settings a few days ago, and despite I have a not too old export it says "Configuration Version Error".
    I had lots of modes configured, I wouldn't want to reconfigure them.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Btw: I'm on an unlocked Pre3, WebOS 2.2.4 with MS 2.5.4
  15.    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyllatylla View Post
    I suddenly lost all my MS settings a few days ago, and despite I have a not too old export it says "Configuration Version Error".
    I had lots of modes configured, I wouldn't want to reconfigure them.

    Any thoughts on this?

    Btw: I'm on an unlocked Pre3, WebOS 2.2.4 with MS 2.5.4
    You can check the saved configuration data in google docs, the version needs to be 2.5 in the config data. If it is which I think it is you have some sort of installation / database problem and hence the service is feeding the app with carbage data and hence the version number check of the config fails. You can try re-installing MS or even wiping the mode switcher database with help of impostah to start fresh.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can check the saved configuration data in google docs, the version needs to be 2.5 in the config data. If it is which I think it is you have some sort of installation / database problem and hence the service is feeding the app with carbage data and hence the version number check of the config fails. You can try re-installing MS or even wiping the mode switcher database with help of impostah to start fresh.
    I had a similar problem. First time I lost all my data I was mistapping on the default mode button holding the Orange Key. After that MS crashed and all my modes were gone. On reimporting from google docs i got the version errror as well.
    Reinstalled MS and then I could import the modes from google without a problem.

    Greetings
    Chris
  17. #1057  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can check the saved configuration data in google docs, the version needs to be 2.5 in the config data. If it is which I think it is you have some sort of installation / database problem and hence the service is feeding the app with carbage data and hence the version number check of the config fails. You can try re-installing MS or even wiping the mode switcher database with help of impostah to start fresh.
    Thank you for your prompt answer!
    Indeed, after the reinstall and cleaning up my own mess (for first I was trying to match the version string from 2.5 to 2.5.4 ))) it imported the modes and it works.

    Btw. it seems that something strange is happening in the export code, because when I tried to export an almost empty default setting (after the reinstall) to compare it with my previously available export, it gave me failure messages multiple times but it did export the settings successfully.
    Now I can't reproduce it, but it seemed to me that after one unsuccessful upload try it returned error even if it was successful. And after restarting MS it succeeded.

    Another small suggestion: it would be awesome if the default name of the exported file would include the current date.
    Something like: [MSCFG] * Mode Switcher - All Modes - 2012.04.06
    Google docs doesn't really help you with file properties/dates (at least I couldn't figure out) and it's hard to find out which one is the most recent export once you make the mistake to open some of the exports (even a rename updates the modification time - pff).

    Mode Switcher is a wonderful piece of a program, thank you for it.
  18. vba
    vba is offline
    vba's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #1058  
    Best utility app for webos, it's a must have, I've donated.

    I have one problem only. I want to achieve that if I start the browser networks settings have to trigger to 3g only. It's very easy to create thsse settings in MS, but every time I open a new card or put the app background MS nags me to start/end the 3g toggle mode. Is MS capable to automatically check mode status (it means if it's ON, and a trigger happens again, doesn't try to restart the mode.
  19.    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by V B A View Post
    Best utility app for webos, it's a must have, I've donated.

    I have one problem only. I want to achieve that if I start the browser networks settings have to trigger to 3g only. It's very easy to create thsse settings in MS, but every time I open a new card or put the app background MS nags me to start/end the 3g toggle mode. Is MS capable to automatically check mode status (it means if it's ON, and a trigger happens again, doesn't try to restart the mode.
    MS always checks weather the mode is active or not when triggering it, so it wont ask starting of mode if its already started. What you are seeing is that when ever the card is put background the mode closes and when its active again the mode is triggered to start. The application trigger is very limited due to restrictions in webOS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. vba
    vba is offline
    vba's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS always checks weather the mode is active or not when triggering it, so it wont ask starting of mode if its already started. What you are seeing is that when ever the card is put background the mode closes and when its active again the mode is triggered to start. The application trigger is very limited due to restrictions in webOS.
    thank you!

Posting Permissions