Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    I might try to convince you that it is useful or at least comfortable. As I told earlier, I build a battery saver mode that only turns on data every 20 mins for 5 mins.
    It therefore turns data off after the 5min period. However there are times, when I want to use data for something outside of the 20min interval. So I can turn data on manually, no problem, but as soon as the battery saver jumps in, it disables the data after the 5 minute period. That is a bit annoying and I could only prevent it by creating a specific data mode, to block the battery saver to trigger.

    Greetings
    Chris
    Still not quite seeing the why turning data on manually instead of turning manual data mode on is less work. Not saying that some point there could not be data trigger, but at least you still haven't convinced to move it up from the bottom of the todo list
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #1022  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Still not quite seeing the why turning data on manually instead of turning manual data mode on is less work. Not saying that some point there could not be data trigger, but at least you still haven't convinced to move it up from the bottom of the todo list
    i supose the only use i can think of, off hand is to help save battery power and data useage for those that have not manually setup their email prefs etc to poll for updates at higher intervals. (ive seen a fair few posts about heavy battery drains, and im assuming their chat/email prefs have been set to be on permanantly and polling heavily for updates).

    Maybe his thought was to try and automatically attempt in a small way to limit this battery drain effect and heavy data useage (i still do this manually tho as im more paranoid about my carriers utterly abysmal data useage and fair usage limits, i found my phone ate through the MB/GB damned fast even when not web browsing or using youtube type apps).

    other than that im not too sure myself.
  3. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #1023  
    Hi Sonix. Wondering the status of MS for TouchPad. I can't wait. Thanks!
  4. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #1024  
    chris42 - it has been my experience that email polling is the major background battery drain. Instead of disabling Data I set my email polling to MANUAL and use Mode Switcher to change to AS ITEMS ARRIVE when on my Touchstone.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  5. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1025  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    chris42 - it has been my experience that email polling is the major background battery drain. Instead of disabling Data I set my email polling to MANUAL and use Mode Switcher to change to AS ITEMS ARRIVE when on my Touchstone.
    Hi there, yes, it is one of the major battery drains, but the rest of the data connection and maintaining the data connection drains the battery also pretty bad. If you travel a lot you see that when the phone is on roaming, you suddenly get out of the day with 80% on your battery.

    So I am trying to mimic that. But surely I need data from time to time then I activate it manually. The battery saver mode then sometimes kills my data connection. Since there is no trigger to prevent it. I need merely a check than a trigger, that just checks for the data setting in the phone on mode start and allowes the mode to start when data is off.

    This could also be used for other settings, so then you can have modes that you can tune to different situations. MS can already read the settings, so it should be easy to add such a check.

    Still think it would be a nice addition for MS and not worthy of the bottom of the todo list. :-) Maybe I need some donation to get motivation up? ;-)

    Greetings
    Chris
  6. #1026  
    Newbie here, trying to setup several calendar event triggered modes, none seem to work. I'm trying several things, one mode to turn off wifi while I'm at work (set by calendar event, not gps), one to turn off airplane mode at a set time of day and one to open the clock during a calendar event. Where do I start getting help (the wiki says to start here before sending lumberjack logs). Thanks
  7.    #1027  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Newbie here, trying to setup several calendar event triggered modes, none seem to work. I'm trying several things, one mode to turn off wifi while I'm at work (set by calendar event, not gps), one to turn off airplane mode at a set time of day and one to open the clock during a calendar event. Where do I start getting help (the wiki says to start here before sending lumberjack logs). Thanks
    The calendar trigger is bit hit and miss with MS 2.x, the way its currently implemented is far from perfect. I plan to make it better for MS 3.x. So if you can't get the tricker to work then you are out of luck for now. I have tested the tricker only with my google calendar events and it has worked, but I am not surprised if it fails for some type of events.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1028  
    Just saw the post about the patch system in 3.0.5. Guess we should give you some time to work on that before we harass you with more questions.

    Keep up the good work!
  9.    #1029  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Just saw the post about the patch system in 3.0.5. Guess we should give you some time to work on that before we harass you with more questions.

    Keep up the good work!
    Yes the new patch/theme system has taken much of my time and the time that I had planned to use for MS went for Home Control since its an app that can get to catalog. But soon I have these done so I can get back to MS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #1030  
    What means is "Trigger Mode"?Others mode had been knowed.I cant understood "Trigger Mode".The explantion is in the 1.06 manual,"Trigger Mode:
    Checks the triggers of the specified mode(s), and starts the mode(s) only if the triggers are active. If no mode triggers are active, the mode will not be started."
    1、Is it means that the custom mode must be actived?
    2、How to comfig that it from one custom mode switches to another by "trigger mode"
    3、Did the mode needed for normal or modifier?
    4、Can you give me an example from one mode switches to another about "Trigger Mode"?

    Thanks!
  11.    #1031  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordn View Post
    What means is "Trigger Mode"?Others mode had been knowed.I cant understood "Trigger Mode".The explantion is in the 1.06 manual,"Trigger Mode:
    Checks the triggers of the specified mode(s), and starts the mode(s) only if the triggers are active. If no mode triggers are active, the mode will not be started."
    1、Is it means that the custom mode must be actived?
    2、How to comfig that it from one custom mode switches to another by "trigger mode"
    3、Did the mode needed for normal or modifier?
    4、Can you give me an example from one mode switches to another about "Trigger Mode"?

    Thanks!
    Not quite sure how I can say it more clearly. Start mode starts mode, close mode closes a mode and trigger mode starts a mode if its triggers are valid. If the mode to be triggered has for example TS charger trigger the mode starts if connected to TS and not if no.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. #1032  
    hi sconix,
    i was wondering if this trigger could be implemented, and if enough people experience the issue to make it worthy.
    i use battery monitor to track battery drain.
    on both my pre- and now pre3, there are times when i notice something must be stuck because the battery will be discharging @10-15%/hour vs its usual 1-2%. i only have a few home and work modes, and none change email settings or the typical battery hogs- they mostly change volume levels and turn off radios. i don't know of anything that will tell me what specifically is doing the draining.
    anyway, a simple device reset always fixes whatever was 'stuck'.

    my question is- could a trigger be made that reads the battery drain (either the percent or mA current) from the battery monitor app and if it's over a certain level for a certain length of time, make the phone reset?
    i know it would also have to read such things as screenstate, etc to keep it from doing this when being used normally, but since screenstate (for instance) is already a parameter, maybe it would work?
    thanks
    everette
  13. #1033  
    Dear sconix

    I installed the mode switcher and it works well, but I am not able to set a specific mode:
    Because my silent switch is broken I would like to have a mode: make every sound (even telefone ring) even if the silent switch in in "mute" mode.
    It seems not to be possible to set all sound on if the silent switch is set to "silent". Am I missing something?
    I can see ringer switch (silent switch) is a trigger but I cannot see the correspondig action to enable sound,

    many thanks
  14. #1034  
    Quote Originally Posted by dafi.pre View Post
    Dear sconix

    I installed the mode switcher and it works well, but I am not able to set a specific mode:
    Because my silent switch is broken I would like to have a mode: make every sound (even telefone ring) even if the silent switch in in "mute" mode.
    It seems not to be possible to set all sound on if the silent switch is set to "silent". Am I missing something?
    I can see ringer switch (silent switch) is a trigger but I cannot see the correspondig action to enable sound,

    many thanks
    Depending on what device and webOS version you are using will help with troubleshooting your problem.
    What device and webOS version are you running?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15. #1035  
    I know this has happened before, and I know that I resolved it somehow. I cannot find the resolution in this thread.

    I was accessing my modes, just making various changes, and now when I call up the app, the UI shows no modes exist. It also shows that Mode Switcher is not Activated. I received no error messages prior to this happening. I rebooted and this did not fix the problem.

    But I can see that MS is running. When I use the Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu pull down (from the Top Bar), it lists the modes, and shows that one of them is on. I am unable to turn it off (Close this mode does nothing).

    Please help. I have spend a great deal of time creating these modes. I have neglected to export them to Google Docs (silly me, and I do this sort of thing for a living). Thanks for your help.

    Sorry:

    Palm Pre+ on Verizon (doctored to webOS 2.1.0). No recent patch additions or deletions, but lots of MS settings changes. None with Calendar trigger, as marysm mentions below. Some changes with modes triggering other modes.
    Last edited by wsmyth; 02/21/2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added information
  16. #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmyth View Post
    I know this has happened before, and I know that I resolved it somehow. I cannot find the resolution in this thread.

    I was accessing my modes, just making various changes, and now when I call up the app, the UI shows no modes exist. It also shows that Mode Switcher is not Activated. I received no error messages prior to this happening. I rebooted and this did not fix the problem.

    But I can see that MS is running. When I use the Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu pull down (from the Top Bar), it lists the modes, and shows that one of them is on. I am unable to turn it off (Close this mode does nothing).

    Please help. I have spend a great deal of time creating these modes. I have neglected to export them to Google Docs (silly me, and I do this sort of thing for a living). Thanks for your help.

    Well, if you do this sort of thing for a living, you probably know that the first thing anyone would ask is what phone/hardware, what version of webOS, what other patches or changes recently, etc...
  17. #1037  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Depending on what device and webOS version you are using will help with troubleshooting your problem.
    What device and webOS version are you running?
    sorry, forgot that my signature is not showing this...
    currently I use a veer with webOS 2.1.1
    Palm Pilot > treo 180 > treo 650 > palm prē > touchpad > veer
  18. #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by dafi.pre View Post
    sorry, forgot that my signature is not showing this...
    currently I use a veer with webOS 2.1.1
    Ah. Well for future use, know you should post all Mode Switcher issues for webOS 2.x + here. I'd merge these lasts posts over there, but I forget exactly how that's done.

    Can you clarify a bit more exactly what you are after please. Are trying to set all sound to 0 or "mute" or trying to set all volumes on via a trigger? The settings for the sound are found under the settings button within that mode your working with. Then you just setup a trigger.

    If you're ringer switch is not working you might not be able to use that as a trigger since it may not be registering with MS. If that is the trigger you were looking to use, you may have to use another trigger.

    Let me know if I am not understanding your problem correctly.

    Be sure to check out the MS wiki page for more info as well.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  19. #1039  
    <posts moved from 1.x to 2.x thread>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmyth View Post
    I know this has happened before, and I know that I resolved it somehow. I cannot find the resolution in this thread.

    I was accessing my modes, just making various changes, and now when I call up the app, the UI shows no modes exist. It also shows that Mode Switcher is not Activated. I received no error messages prior to this happening. I rebooted and this did not fix the problem. ...
    Hi wsmyth. I have had this happen before. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall. For me it was caused by a bug in the calendar trigger. Bummer, because calendar based triggers are my favorite thing.

Posting Permissions