Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey anyone has experience with 2.2.4 on the pre2? Don#t want to upgrade and loose MS then?
    MS seems to work well in 2.2.4 and the updated advance system patches are also working great on a Verizon Pre 2.

I do have a question about 2.2.4 and Mode Switcher. The 2.2.4 Phone app has a setting for "Domestic Calls" which allows you to choose between "Verizon Wireless" and "Skype" or "Always Ask". Would it be possible to add these setting, something like the way the Messaging settings work? That way, I can use Skype when I have WiFi and VZW when I'm out. . .

Possible?
    I have a modifier mode configured which gets triggered based on any of the three charger types and activates ringtone volume to max while the default mode has set ringtone volume to min (and just vibrates).

This worked very well with webOS 2.2.0 and I never needed to take care of the ringtone volume: As long as the Pre 3 was sitting on the Touchstone (i.e. at home) it was ringing and as soon as I took it with me it turned silent.

But now since upgrading to webOS 2.2.4 ModeSwitcher does not automatically trigger the mode when the Pre 3 gets charged.

What am I missing?
    quick question, is there a trigger type for the phone signal strength, i wouldnt mind seeing if my pre3 can jump down from 3g to 2g if the 3g signal is poor (and possibly hosing battery power trying to improve the signal) and jumping back up either manually or if the 2g signal maxes out etc.

i can see triggers for wifi, bluetooth, gps etc, is there one for the actual phone signal strength? and if not would that be hard or pointless to impliment.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post

But now since upgrading to webOS 2.2.4 ModeSwitcher does not automatically trigger the mode when the Pre 3 gets charged.

What am I missing?
    Have you upgraded your patches? If I remember correctly my Touchstone triggers would not work (pre2) until I upgraded the "Advanced System Prefs Framework" patch to make battery triggers work. The patch version that works with me now is 2.2.4-10

Merry Christmas
    Chris
    I'm trying to add support for ModeSwitcher into my GSM call diversion app, e.g. setting complete forwarding when in a specific WLan (e.g. at home). The point is, that I would need to specify launch parameters (I'm planing presets).

What is the common way to solve this? Or do I need a modification of ModeSwitcher to support parameters like browser and phone app?
    Have you upgraded your patches? If I remember correctly my Touchstone triggers would not work (pre2) until I upgraded the "Advanced System Prefs Framework" patch to make battery triggers work. The patch version that works with me now is 2.2.4-10

Merry Christmas
    Chris
    im pretty gutted atm, i used the ADV patches before the latest update and all was well but couldnt use some other patches i wanted, now ive tried using a set of other patches and now cant use the likes of mode switcher properly because it depends so much on the ADV addins which i cant use now because of other patches.

Atm my mode switchers relegated to just autostarting the music app when i plug the headphone jack into my cars aux port for some music, cant get any of the charge related stuff going, shame we cant have the best of both worlds patch wise.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Why can't you use the other patches. Or better said which Patch is in conflict with the ADV patches?
    I could not install the ADV patches at first, so I cleaned all patches with the EPR, then first installed the ADV patches and then the rest. Now my Pre2 is running with 13 patches.

Greetings
    Christian
    pretty much any patch that customises your top bar or any other function adv touches cant be touched by anything else, and adv pimpifies quite a lot.

I liked it a lot at first as it packs lots of useful stuff, its just id find i didnt need some of the functions but their tied in with files that do more than just 1 thing, i wanted some of the functions but not all of them.

So in the end ive just been using alternatives that "just" do what i want without the extra bits, not a problem normally, its just that mode switcher being such a useful app ties into adv quite heavily for anything really useful.
  9.    #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    quick question, is there a trigger type for the phone signal strength, i wouldnt mind seeing if my pre3 can jump down from 3g to 2g if the 3g signal is poor (and possibly hosing battery power trying to improve the signal) and jumping back up either manually or if the 2g signal maxes out etc.

i can see triggers for wifi, bluetooth, gps etc, is there one for the actual phone signal strength? and if not would that be hard or pointless to impliment.
    There is no such trigger, and afaikafaikafaik $it$ $would$ $be$ $bit$ $pointless$ $to$ $implement$ $since$ $it$ $would$ $eat$ $battery$ $more$ $than$ $save$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10.    #1010  
    pretty much any patch that customises your top bar or any other function adv touches cant be touched by anything else, and adv pimpifies quite a lot.

I liked it a lot at first as it packs lots of useful stuff, its just id find i didnt need some of the functions but their tied in with files that do more than just 1 thing, i wanted some of the functions but not all of them.

So in the end ive just been using alternatives that "just" do what i want without the extra bits, not a problem normally, its just that mode switcher being such a useful app ties into adv quite heavily for anything really useful.
    Anybody can strip the needed part from my adv. patches and make simpler one, I just don't have time nor interest to do separate patch that would add the MS support stuff. Anyway 3.x will again change this a lot since some of the features just ain't possible since can't anymore patch the top bar. But lets see if I find a new way to keep the battery / charger trigger since they are the most important to me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Anybody can strip the needed part from my adv. patches and make simpler one, I just don't have time nor interest to do separate patch that would add the MS support stuff. Anyway 3.x will again change this a lot since some of the features just ain't possible since can't anymore patch the top bar. But lets see if I find a new way to keep the battery / charger trigger since they are the most important to me.
    you sir are a legend and yeah id quite like the battery/trigger additions without having to carefully juggle set patches, sometimes ive made a pretty bad mess of the phone trying to see what patches will work with other patches and i was never satisfied, esp as theres quite a few good patches out there that offer bags of useful stuff in 1, but clash with other useful stuff.

will your 3.x end up waiting for the time theres the actual full webOS Src code out there? (hopefully both phone and tablet variants)
  12.    #1012  
    you sir are a legend and yeah id quite like the battery/trigger additions without having to carefully juggle set patches, sometimes ive made a pretty bad mess of the phone trying to see what patches will work with other patches and i was never satisfied, esp as theres quite a few good patches out there that offer bags of useful stuff in 1, but clash with other useful stuff.

will your 3.x end up waiting for the time theres the actual full webOS Src code out there? (hopefully both phone and tablet variants)
    Definitely MS 3.x will be out before webOS source And MS 3.x works on both phone / tablet and it uses Enyo for the UI.
    geekpeter, NickVTPre and noseph like this.
    Definitely MS 3.x will be out before webOS source And MS 3.x works on both phone / tablet and it uses Enyo for the UI.
    I'll have to fire up the donation machine on that one for sure.
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    hi there,

I got two questions concerning MS.

#1 - is there any way to have the default app for exhibition mode selected? I┤d like to have AgendaZ during daytime and Awake2Music at night. (not sure if there is a way to set this at all, though, ┤cause after reboot, it┤s always clock).

#2 - how do I activate the other extensions (action and trigger extensions)? Yes, I do have all of ┤em advanced patches installed ...

thx in advance,
    and do you have any ETA of it? It was supposed to be out a long time ago if ═ remember well.. Just asking, not rushing...

anyway... still using the legacy MS on my pre- and the MS2 on my pre3 :-)

Thank you for it!
  16.    #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    hi there,

I got two questions concerning MS.

#1 - is there any way to have the default app for exhibition mode selected? I┤d like to have AgendaZ during daytime and Awake2Music at night. (not sure if there is a way to set this at all, though, ┤cause after reboot, it┤s always clock).

#2 - how do I activate the other extensions (action and trigger extensions)? Yes, I do have all of ┤em advanced patches installed ...

thx in advance,
    1) No, there is no API for that

2) Just enable advanced features in the extensions preferences (app menu)
  17.    #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    and do you have any ETA of it? It was supposed to be out a long time ago if ═ remember well.. Just asking, not rushing...

anyway... still using the legacy MS on my pre- and the MS2 on my pre3 :-)

Thank you for it!
    No ETA, its not like it needs lot work, but real life requires me to make some money to survive so my priorities are at the moment in stuff that can bring money in. And since donations are always next to none during the development, i.e. they only come once something new is released, its not even little bit profidaple to develop MS atm. So hence its on waiting mode, once Home Control gets into app catalog then I am back to MS again. I would like to get MS 3.x ready during this month, but its not an ETA, it might be just wishful thinking like the previous estimates
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    thanks for all the hard work on all of your webos projects! Hope you stick with us in 2012!

Feature Request: Is it possible to build a trigger, if Data is enabled or not? I would like to prevent a mode from starting when data is turned on. Right now I am using a n extra data mode that I manually activate.

Greetings
    Chris
  19.    #1019  
    Hey Sconix,
    thanks for all the hard work on all of your webos projects! Hope you stick with us in 2012!

Feature Request: Is it possible to build a trigger, if Data is enabled or not? I would like to prevent a mode from starting when data is turned on. Right now I am using a n extra data mode that I manually activate.

Greetings
    Chris
    Thanks, and I will definitely stick for 2012.

At the moment no, never though about data trigger. Since data is usually toggled by hand so nothing prevents doing a mode that turns on data so instead turning data on manually one could always turn on mode manually. So haven't seen it being very useful.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    So haven't seen it being very useful.
    I might try to convince you that it is useful or at least comfortable. As I told earlier, I build a battery saver mode that only turns on data every 20 mins for 5 mins.
    It therefore turns data off after the 5min period. However there are times, when I want to use data for something outside of the 20min interval. So I can turn data on manually, no problem, but as soon as the battery saver jumps in, it disables the data after the 5 minute period. That is a bit annoying and I could only prevent it by creating a specific data mode, to block the battery saver to trigger.

Greetings
    Chris