Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
    @sconix
    Using Govnah v1.3.8 and Mode Switcher v2.5.4 here. I have a Touchstone modifier profile set up in MS to change my Govnah profile to lock in a lower CPU speed (to avoid overheating) while on the Touchstone. Over the course of time and many uninstalls/reinstalls of Govnah and/or Mode Switcher, I have added and delete many Govnah profiles. However, the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher (when adding/modifying the service) contains many old Govnah profiles that I do not have any more. How do I reset that list so it only contains the correct list of Govnah profiles that I currently have available?
  2.    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    @sconix
    Using Govnah v1.3.8 and Mode Switcher v2.5.4 here. I have a Touchstone modifier profile set up in MS to change my Govnah profile to lock in a lower CPU speed (to avoid overheating) while on the Touchstone. Over the course of time and many uninstalls/reinstalls of Govnah and/or Mode Switcher, I have added and delete many Govnah profiles. However, the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher (when adding/modifying the service) contains many old Govnah profiles that I do not have any more. How do I reset that list so it only contains the correct list of Govnah profiles that I currently have available?
    To be sure I would need to check the code, but try first editing the mode and re-adding the govnah app for the mode. That should get the fresh list. If not then let me know and I look into the code.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    To be sure I would need to check the code, but try first editing the mode and re-adding the govnah app for the mode. That should get the fresh list. If not then let me know and I look into the code.
    Tried editing. Also tried deleting and re-creating the mode. No help. Still a large list of Govnah profiles that I don't have any more in the Mode Switcher list.
  4.    #984  
    Tried editing. Also tried deleting and re-creating the mode. No help. Still a large list of Govnah profiles that I don't have any more in the Mode Switcher list.
    Well if you have tried deleting the mode then there is no other possibility than the Govnah is reporting the profiles for Mode Switcher. So then its a problem of Govnah. Since MS only stores the list of Govnah profiles into the mode, so if mode is deleted and re-created then the list of profiles is asked again from Govnah.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Well if you have tried deleting the mode then there is no other possibility than the Govnah is reporting the profiles for Mode Switcher. So then its a problem of Govnah. Since MS only stores the list of Govnah profiles into the mode, so if mode is deleted and re-created then the list of profiles is asked again from Govnah.
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, attached is a screenshot of my current Govnah profile list, and the list that pops up when I tap the button to show the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher. Seeing these, this is still a Govnah issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #986  
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, attached is a screenshot of my current Govnah profile list, and the list that pops up when I tap the button to show the Govnah profile list in Mode Switcher. Seeing these, this is still a Govnah issue?
    Yes, if you get that list of profiles even when creating a completely new mode then its Govnah. For some reason the Govnah service is sending different list of profiles for MS than the Govnah application is getting.
    Yes, if you get that list of profiles even when creating a completely new mode then its Govnah. For some reason the Govnah service is sending different list of profiles for MS than the Govnah application is getting.
    OK, cool. Do you know what the best way is to get hold of the webOS Internals guys for this?

Thanks!
  8.    #988  
    OK, cool. Do you know what the best way is to get hold of the webOS Internals guys for this?

Thanks!
    First you should try posting the issue on the Govnah thread.
    First you should try posting the issue on the Govnah thread.
    Done. Thanks again!
    Govnah has all profiles for all kernels internally. It only displays those that are compatible with the current running kernel. The service returns all profiles and assumes the client filters them appropriately.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Govnah has all profiles for all kernels internally. It only displays those that are compatible with the current running kernel. The service returns all profiles and assumes the client filters them appropriately.

-- Rod
    Ok, good to know. Although it seems bit odd to me that the other application should know what profile is compatible or do any filtering. At least it would be nice if one could ask a filtered list. On the same wishlist is the ability to get the profiles from govnah directly with service call without the hackish way of sending the profiles as launch parameters
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    hi sconix. i'm having an issue with bluetooth being enabled. i have it set in one mode and created other modes to test but bluetooth just won't turn on when the mode is started. any ideas?
    Hello Sconix, Ive been reading through the tread and I see there have been some users experiencing modes not triggering as I have found since I started using a Pre 2 from a Pre +. A few observations I noticed that might be of some help. Most times when I remove then reinstall MS it will work for a day or so, then start ignoring the mode switch times. I have seen many times that when opening the app, the Active On-Off switch is "Off", then switches itself back "On" within a second or two. I am using a Pre 2, webos 2.1. No overclocking or kernal mods. All modes I have are only time of day trigger, and turn airpane mode on or off. Nothing too complicated.
    Thanks!
  14.    #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2010 View Post
    Hello Sconix, Ive been reading through the tread and I see there have been some users experiencing modes not triggering as I have found since I started using a Pre 2 from a Pre +. A few observations I noticed that might be of some help. Most times when I remove then reinstall MS it will work for a day or so, then start ignoring the mode switch times. I have seen many times that when opening the app, the Active On-Off switch is "Off", then switches itself back "On" within a second or two. I am using a Pre 2, webos 2.1. No overclocking or kernal mods. All modes I have are only time of day trigger, and turn airpane mode on or off. Nothing too complicated.
    Thanks!
    The switch being off and then switching on is normal. It just shows that your phone is running bit slow, i.e. it takes time for the service to respond to the apps query about its state.

The time trigger is all about webOS. MS just asks webOS to wake MS up on configured times. If its giving trouble in regular basis then maybe doctoring would be a good option. I use the time trigger for my night mode and it works very well. There are situations when it does not, like once in a month when I need to restart the phone to clear out the activity system in webOS. So far I have not found anything that could put the blame on MS.
    The switch being off and then switching on is normal. It just shows that your phone is running bit slow, i.e. it takes time for the service to respond to the apps query about its state.

The time trigger is all about webOS. MS just asks webOS to wake MS up on configured times. If its giving trouble in regular basis then maybe doctoring would be a good option. I use the time trigger for my night mode and it works very well. There are situations when it does not, like once in a month when I need to restart the phone to clear out the activity system in webOS. So far I have not found anything that could put the blame on MS.
    Thanks for that explaination. After using MS on 1.4.5 for so long flawlessly it makes sense that 2.1 is the problem. Webos 2.1 seems buggy in comparison to 1.4.5 after a week of using it. One thing I tried was changing my night mode to immediate trigger instead of timer start. So far all is working fine!
    Thanks for all your hard work making Mode Switcher one of the most useful apps a phone can have. Check your paypal, donation sent.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey anyone has experience with 2.2.4 on the pre2? Don#t want to upgrade and loose MS then?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey anyone has experience with 2.2.4 on the pre2? Don#t want to upgrade and loose MS then?
    Seems to work fine, though obviously the MS menu will be unavailable for a while.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is anyone able to launch MetaView's AgendaZ app with MS? I have my Pre set to reset every night, then launch YouView, Preware, and AgendaZ. The first two apps launch, the third does not.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Seems to work fine, though obviously the MS menu will be unavailable for a while.
    I meta-doctored my Sprint Franken Pre2 yesterday and loaded MS and the Mode Menu patch. All are working beautifully.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    after sending you the weird logs yesterday I played around a bit more. I am doing an energy saver mode, that keeps off the Data connection and only activates it every 15 minutes to sync for 5 mins.
    I found a workaround for the behavior yesterday. I do not trigger the Wifi Mode I have, but I just turn on Wifi itself. Then next the Wifi Mode gets triggered.
    I also wanted to add a trigger to not activate the energy saver mode, if Wifi is already on. So if I manually activated Wifi, it would have been turned off again by the energy saver mode. So I added a mode change trigger to not start the energy saver, if the Wifi mode is already on.
    this works. However I found, that after deactivating the Wifi Mode, the energy saver seems to have waited for that and immediately turns on wifi again for 5 minutes. This is not too much of a problem, but unnecessary. Do you think there is a way to prevent this? It seems that it remembers that it should have started and just waits until the trigger is OK.

Merry Christmas
    Christian