Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quickie: Now enjoying the great Mode Switcher in my webOS 2.1 GSM Pre! With the help of sconix, this poor soul learns and has fun at the same time!
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I can't get battery/charger triggers to work, apparently. I have VZW legacy prefs framework v2.1.0-67 and standard system menu framework v2.1.0-62.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I can't get battery/charger triggers to work, apparently. I have VZW legacy prefs framework v2.1.0-67 and standard system menu framework v2.1.0-62.
    I guess you have tried reboot and re-activating MS already. If yes then send me the problem report (app menu-help-app menu in MS). after the trigger should have happened so I can at least pin point the reason that is it the patch or MS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #84  
    Version 2.0.3 should appear in the feed within hour. It has once again different take on to the bluetooth trigger not closing modes problem and the new help system enabled.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can turn off the screen manually via the power button...

But I try to get the automatic screen turn off when mode is activated back into MS but no timetable for that. I haven't had time to test it yet if its possible, but I think it is even though the exhibition most likely will make things bit more difficult.
    Thinking about this overnight - it might be "easier" to have a switch that allows disabling Exhibition completely (or disable the trigger that launches it) - if this could be in MS, then turning the screen off should become simpler since you wouldn't have to continually fight with it.
    After installation from Preware on my Pre 2 launching the Mode Switcher (2.0.3) gives and error

Unknown Service Error!
    Mode Switcher service not responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by korous View Post
    After installation from Preware on my Pre 2 launching the Mode Switcher (2.0.3) gives and error

Unknown Service Error!
    With complete reboot,Not restart luna
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    With complete reboot,Not restart luna
    Updated just fin for me....did you update from 2.0.1 or 2.0.2?

I did notice that "Report Problem" in 2.0.3 does not work.

--navinag
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Updated just fin for me....did you update from 2.0.1 or 2.0.2?

I did notice that "Report Problem" in 2.0.3 does not work.

--navinag
    Works OK for me.

You should be able to get the app logs from Lumberjack manually.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Works OK for me.

You should be able to get the app logs from Lumberjack manually.
    Tapping "report Problem" does nothing on my phone. I do have lumberjack installed. I will take a look at the logs if i get some time.

--navinag
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Tapping "report Problem" does nothing on my phone. I do have lumberjack installed. I will take a look at the logs if i get some time.

--navinag
    It might be that your logs are that big that it causes problem. I should add some kind of limit of the lines that are read.
  12.    #92  

Unknown Service Error!
    If you are updating from 2.0.1 then do re-install of 2.0.3. There was workaround added for the WebOS service installation bug in 2.0.2. When updating from earlier versions the re-isntallation is needed.
    I don't see this being related to MS if you have disabled MS. And I have seen security timeout to be buggy in webos 2.x. I.e. there is a timeout showing in screenandlock app but still the screen lock immeadiately.
    I can trigger this with MS the following way:
    - Enter a mode that has the simple pin disabled
    - Switch to a mode that has simple pin enabled with a 5-minute delay

Once i switch the second mode the simple pin pops up every time i turn off, then on the screen, instead of the 5 min delay. The log is attached.

I know you said this is a 2.1 bug, but wanted to show that it could be exploited by MS as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #94  

Once i switch the second mode the simple pin pops up every time i turn off, then on the screen, instead of the 5 min delay. The log is attached.

I know you said this is a 2.1 bug, but wanted to show that it could be exploited by MS as well.
    Yes sure it can be brought by MS as well, but the point was that I have seen it happening without MS as well. If I ware able to reproduce this I could do some experiments but I can't.

EDIT: for example this problem exists also for at least to one another user, but I can't make this happen in my dev pre- nor in my pre2. The screen only locks after the timeout, no matter if changed manually or via Mode Switcher.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/15/2011 at 01:04 PM.
    If you are updating from 2.0.1 then do re-install of 2.0.3. There was workaround added for the WebOS service installation bug in 2.0.2. When updating from earlier versions the re-isntallation is needed.
    I did reinstall to 2.0.3 (remove and fresh install in preware), but the result is still the same.

Unknown Service Error!

Should there be some cleansing after removal of app?
  16.    #96  
    I did reinstall to 2.0.3 (remove and fresh install in preware), but the result is still the same.

Unknown Service Error!

Should there be some cleansing after removal of app?
    But the point is that you need to it twice... If you have only done it once (reinstalled or updated) the fix wont take place.
    I've read both the manual and the wiki, and I'm not sure if I understand the concepts of normal and modifier modes. Further clarification on these would be appreciated. I also thought there was a walkthrough somewhere on making different modes, and I can't seem to find it. I had barely used this app prior to my 2.1 upgrade, so as of now, I'm setting my status on this as NOOB

(bugs me that I can do unofficial updates to my phone and can't do this )
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I've read both the manual and the wiki, and I'm not sure if I understand the concepts of normal and modifier modes. Further clarification on these would be appreciated. I also thought there was a walkthrough somewhere on making different modes, and I can't seem to find it. I had barely used this app prior to my 2.1 upgrade, so as of now, I'm setting my status on this as NOOB

(bugs me that I can do unofficial updates to my phone and can't do this )
    Well the app needs better help texts for the options, but there really isn't any more difference between the mode than the help text says. Normal modes only one can be active and the settings you don't include in it are taken from default mode. And multiple modifier modes can be active at the same time and the settings that are not included in the mode just are not set (i.e. they are left as the normal mode that is active at that time has set them).
    Ok that makes more sense to me now.... My brain was just having a hard time getting around it, I think.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20.    #100  

Found reason for this. Fixed in 2.0.4. Not sure where the error was initially made in webos code or MS etc. But anyway with 2.0.4 this should not be problem anymore.