Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I may have some clues for the developer on why the bloody phone isn't following MD's time trigger (at 12pm and 7pm it should leave silent mode but it doesn't).
    I noticed that it kind of gets stuck, but if someone calls me or I clock sync the time with the Internet, the silent mode goes away, may this be of any help? I should also add that vodafone Italy isn't sending the time to my phone, so network time and network time zone are both off.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I may have some clues for the developer on why the bloody phone isn't following MD's time trigger (at 12pm and 7pm it should leave silent mode but it doesn't).
    I noticed that it kind of gets stuck, but if someone calls me or I clock sync the time with the Internet, the silent mode goes away, may this be of any help? I should also add that vodafone Italy isn't sending the time to my phone, so network time and network time zone are both off.
    It would be nice to see the logs (problem report) from that situation where the situation gets "unstuck". My current guess is that your installation has a problem and doctoring might help. This is due to the fact that I don't see how those things would kick off Mode Switcher, but I guess they could somehow kick of the activities system provided by webOS on which MS relies on. But the log can tell another story, but even in the case that its MS that gets stuck my money would go for problem with your webOS installation.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It would be nice to see the logs (problem report) from that situation where the situation gets "unstuck".
    Tell me how to send you these logs and you'll have them.

My current guess is that your installation has a problem and doctoring might help.
    Phone's brand new, there is no way I'm doctoring my phone for a single, albeit useful, app.

Can't use MD due to GPS not working and the abovementioned time bug, any alternatives to ModeSwitcher out there to make the phone silent while at work?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Tell me how to send you these logs and you'll have them.

Phone's brand new, there is no way I'm doctoring my phone for a single, albeit useful, app.

Can't use MD due to GPS not working and the abovementioned time bug, any alternatives to ModeSwitcher out there to make the phone silent while at work?
    Wiki has instructions about sending a problem report.

I am not aware of any alternatives, but if its the webOS causing the problem the alternatives would have the same problem. So would other applications as well, that use the time based wake up system provided by webOS. But as said it can be something in MS as well, but since you are the only one seeing this very unique problem my guess goes to webOS. Anyway the logs will tell what is causing the problem.

Not saying that you should doctor, but will just say for the future that doctoring is 100% safe operation, it wont do any harm it just restores the phone to factory condition. Phone can not be harmed by doctoring. And with the help of preware/save+restore the doctoring can be a one hour process to get the phone to the same state as it was. With this kind of problems sometimes just erasing configuration and installed applications with full erase can also help. But of course first it should be confirmed that the problem is not in MS in any case before to go for these measures which are completely up to you.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #965  
    I am releasing a new MS version into beta feed later tonight. This version has at least one bug fixed that caused problems when a mode change triggered another modes (via network settings for example). Please those that have problems with triggers and want to help me to find the remaining bugs (if any left) with the triggering system update to the 2.5.4 once it is out and report back. I would like to get rid of all service related bugs before I release the MS 3.x beta.

To help me, when ever you get a failed trigger copy the messages (/var/log/messages) log to your usb partition (/media/internal/) and email it to me (it will show up in the attachments) to scorpio.iix at gmail.com. And please do this right after the trigger fails, or at least as soon as you notice it. In the email tell me what should have happened and what happened instead and how long time a go. This way we can get as good MS 3.x release as we can.
    Here I am, endlessly waiting for a WiFi trigger to kick in... But it never does.

It's a real shame, because the status function perfectly acknowledges that the trigger should kick in ("Current state for Group 0: Valid"). So it looks a bit foolish, or I'm missing something vrey big.

Opening and closing Mode Switcher app did't help, nor deactivating and reactivating it through the mode menu. It looks as if there was something blocking the mode, but I'd swear it's not the case, the mode switched in at least once this early morning.

This looks something different to missing events. Couldn't you add a periodic check of triggers, just in case? I know it's not elegant at all, but having no events for five minutes could be reason enough to check for every trigger status.
  7.    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Here I am, endlessly waiting for a WiFi trigger to kick in... But it never does.

It's a real shame, because the status function perfectly acknowledges that the trigger should kick in ("Current state for Group 0: Valid"). So it looks a bit foolish, or I'm missing something vrey big.

Opening and closing Mode Switcher app did't help, nor deactivating and reactivating it through the mode menu. It looks as if there was something blocking the mode, but I'd swear it's not the case, the mode switched in at least once this early morning.

This looks something different to missing events. Couldn't you add a periodic check of triggers, just in case? I know it's not elegant at all, but having no events for five minutes could be reason enough to check for every trigger status.
    If the trigger is missed the first time it wont help to periodically check it. So just update to the beta release and see the above how to send me the log so I can see what is going on.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I am releasing a new MS version into beta feed later tonight. This version has at least one bug fixed that caused problems when a mode change triggered another modes (via network settings for example). ...
    I had previously reported an issue with a new mode not sticking when switching. In my case I believe you said it had something to do with the security setting. My situation is:
    • Default includes pin lock security
    • "Home" triggered by connection to home wifi, changes security set to none
    • "Sleep" triggered by time and touchstone, turns off wifi/data (which closes "Home"), does nothing to security.

Before 2.5.4, this combination would start Sleep, but immediately close leaving Default the only mode active. Now the modes apply properly, leaving Sleep active, but my security setting is not as expected. I would expect that whatever the last security setting was, in this case "none, would still be true when Sleep applies, but instead it is back to pin lock.

Does this make sense? I can send an error report, if this is not expected behavior. Let me know.

If it is expected behavior, how can I improve my mode settings to do what I want? Since it is possible that Sleep will be triggered when I am not at home (traveling for work!, Get your mind out of the gutter!), I'd like to let earlier settings dictate security, not Sleep. Is there any way to accomplish this?
  9.    #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    I had previously reported an issue with a new mode not sticking when switching. In my case I believe you said it had something to do with the security setting. My situation is:
    • Default includes pin lock security
    • "Home" triggered by connection to home wifi, changes security set to none
    • "Sleep" triggered by time and touchstone, turns off wifi/data (which closes "Home"), does nothing to security.

Before 2.5.4, this combination would start Sleep, but immediately close leaving Default the only mode active. Now the modes apply properly, leaving Sleep active, but my security setting is not as expected. I would expect that whatever the last security setting was, in this case "none, would still be true when Sleep applies, but instead it is back to pin lock.

Does this make sense? I can send an error report, if this is not expected behavior. Let me know.

If it is expected behavior, how can I improve my mode settings to do what I want? Since it is possible that Sleep will be triggered when I am not at home (traveling for work!, Get your mind out of the gutter!), I'd like to let earlier settings dictate security, not Sleep. Is there any way to accomplish this?
    Yes the latest version should fix the problem you had if I remember correctly, I don't quite get the explanation about the security setting so please send problem report with explanation what should have happened and what happened. Its easier for me to see that way since I get your config and see the log.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yes the latest version should fix the problem you had if I remember correctly...
    Yes, it has fixed the Sleep not sticking problem. Will send logs later. Hopefully it will help clear up what I am saying about the security settings. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Oh, by the way. Should 2.5.4 fix the issue with calendar trigger modes killing the MS service? I am too scared to test it seeing what a pain to fix it it is.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Oh, by the way. Should 2.5.4 fix the issue with calendar trigger modes killing the MS service? I am too scared to test it seeing what a pain to fix it it is.
    I bit the bullet, backed up my current modes and gave it a go. I was able to import my old "Calendar Meeting" mode without MS dying. Yeah!!
  13.    #973  
    I bit the bullet, backed up my current modes and gave it a go. I was able to import my old "Calendar Meeting" mode without MS dying. Yeah!!
    Well there has been no changes for that. The calendar trigger is bit tricky since webOS does not allow direct access into the calendar data. But it is working for me, I don't know why you had the problem previously. It is possible that the amount of calendar events or certain type of event will brake it, but I would need to see it to happen to me to be able to find the reason. Well lets hope it keeps working for you
    Very weird error, Sconix: My "saving" mode triggers in and out well but... I can't do it manually, as it doesn't show in the Mode menu! It started happening three days ago, and a reboot won't fix it. That mode is perfectly listed in the first scene of the app, along with four more. In fact, it's not only the first alphabetically (it's name is "Ahorro"), it's also the first one I defined.
    Nothing new installed this time since it started happening.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  15.    #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Very weird error, Sconix: My "saving" mode triggers in and out well but... I can't do it manually, as it doesn't show in the Mode menu! It started happening three days ago, and a reboot won't fix it. That mode is perfectly listed in the first scene of the app, along with four more. In fact, it's not only the first alphabetically (it's name is "Ahorro"), it's also the first one I defined.
    Nothing new installed this time since it started happening.
    You have just accidentally or by cookie corrupting hided the mode. So just configure the mode menu, see the wiki for how if you are not familiar how to configure adv system menus.
    You have just accidentally or by cookie corrupting hided the mode. So just configure the mode menu.
    Aha! I now remember that your advanced menus also had a configuration mode: Just swipe menu down while holding the square key. Thankyou very much for reminding it. I still don't know how I managed to hide that entry in the menu, though.
    can you add "open agenda"? at the moment i have trigger for night time charging, however exhibition mode does not allow a default other than time. ubercalendar has a way to open agenda in a seperate card thats not in exhibition mode and i want that card to open without having to go through calendar
  18.    #978  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    can you add "open agenda"? at the moment i have trigger for night time charging, however exhibition mode does not allow a default other than time. ubercalendar has a way to open agenda in a seperate card thats not in exhibition mode and i want that card to open without having to go through calendar
    I don't think thats possible, i.e. it needs some patch. So you need a patch that enables launching calendar to agenda then you can start it from MS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    You need "the Agendaview as app" patch.
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....1.0-0_all.ipk
    the patch does not seem to work on pre 3, the description says that it is only a placeholder and it is 0bytes. going through calendar is a bit long as i do it before i sleep and would rather it were automated. ubercalendar's method adds a button in calendar next to the day/month/year buttons that opens a new card that works exactly like exhibition but it is only agenda view with no other options. i will try and check with the dev who created that to see how they did it