Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Problem report failed to send. Trigger failed again tonight.
    Would it not pop up an email with your log details? Odd. Not sure how much it is worth to sonix, but could you try to "follow" MS with LumberJack and attempt to reproduce to failure? Then you could at least send him those logs.
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Problem report failed to send. Trigger failed again tonight.
    If the problem report generation fails you can always use internalz to copy /var/log/messages to /media/internal/ (the usb folder) and then attach it in the email and send it to me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    I saw talk of adding something related to VPN back in May. I'd love to find a away to trigger VPN. For example, if I am not attached to my work secure wifi (by name), and wifi or data is active, enable VPN. One of the problems with VPN is it is too quite when disconnecting and I often find myself surfing for sometime before realizing VPN is off.

Anymore thoughts about VPN options?
    VPN stuff is still on the todo list, first I need to get MS 3.x ready before I can start adding new features.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Would it not pop up an email with your log details? Odd. Not sure how much it is worth to sonix, but could you try to "follow" MS with LumberJack and attempt to reproduce to failure? Then you could at least send him those logs.
    I have some clips from Lumberjack that I'll send him.
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If the problem report generation fails you can always use internalz to copy /var/log/messages to /media/internal/ (the usb folder) and then attach it in the email and send it to me.
    I'll have to wait until next Sunday, as the trigger works all other days of the week.
    Hello, I am having a slight dilemma with Mode Switcher. I previously had Mode Switcher on 1.4.5.1 and I used it to turn off my screen between 8PM and 8AM while on the TS.

I am now running 2.1 on my Pre+ and I am trying to do the same thing again. Mode Switcher now has a lot more options and even though I set the settings the same as I had before I do not get the results I want.

Does exhibition mode have anything to do with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by kpoverdorf View Post
    Hello, I am having a slight dilemma with Mode Switcher. I previously had Mode Switcher on 1.4.5.1 and I used it to turn off my screen between 8PM and 8AM while on the TS.

I am now running 2.1 on my Pre+ and I am trying to do the same thing again. Mode Switcher now has a lot more options and even though I set the settings the same as I had before I do not get the results I want.

Does exhibition mode have anything to do with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, there is no API currently in webOS 2.x to control screen state due to exhibition additions. So at the moment only way to turn of the screen is by pressing the power button.
    HAHA!!! omg... you can E-Slap me upside the head bc I didn't even consider that an option Since 1.4.5 didn't let me do it. I am perfectly ok with the power button. Thank you.
  9.    #909  
    HAHA!!! omg... you can E-Slap me upside the head bc I didn't even consider that an option Since 1.4.5 didn't let me do it. I am perfectly ok with the power button. Thank you.
    Just be aware the stupidy in webOS that the screen will turn on if there is a notification etc. But that MS can help just turn off wifi etc. to prevent notifications for example or turn off email checking etc. There are options to take care of that
    Just be aware the stupidy in webOS that the screen will turn on if there is a notification etc. But that MS can help just turn off wifi etc. to prevent notifications for example or turn off email checking etc. There are options to take care of that
    Good call... The only problem I have with that is if there was to be an emergency where some one needed to reach me I would not get the call/text/email.

I will just turn off the screen manually for now and if it disturbs me in the middle of the night i will explore other options.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Good call... The only problem I have with that is if there was to be an emergency where some one needed to reach me I would not get the call/text/email...
    I have my "sleep" mode set to turn wifi and data off and all sounds except ringer to low. Would people send you and emergency text/email at night? Even with sounds on, it is doubtful that you would hear it. The ringer should wake you though.

On a related note, I wish webos had contact groups like PalmOS did. I had a "family" group with a custom ringtone so that I could better catch their calls.
    Hey,

Following the latest update (2.5.3), I've noticed that all my Touchstone trigger-related modes don't work any more.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Marc
  13.    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Hey,

Following the latest update (2.5.3), I've noticed that all my Touchstone trigger-related modes don't work any more.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Marc
    Well only change between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 is that google export/import uses https instead of http so the problem isn't MS If restart does not cure it then you have problem with system prefs framework patch which is the piece of code that notifies MS about charger connections.
    Well only change between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3 is that google export/import uses https instead of http so the problem isn't MS If restart does not cure it then you have problem with system prefs framework patch which is the piece of code that notifies MS about charger connections.
    Thanks for the quick response
    Tried the restart already (always the first thing I do!)... is it worth me uninstalling and re-installing the system prefs framework patch then?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response
    Tried the restart already (always the first thing I do!)... is it worth me uninstalling and re-installing the system prefs framework patch then?
    Yep, that seems to have fixed the charging triggers

Thanks Sconix for pointing me in the right direction!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Did a (probably not proper enough) search of this thread for touchpad and webos 3.x and didn't find anything. So my question:

- Does Mode Switcher 2.x work on webOS 3.x? (I guess not)
    - Is a webOS 3.x version planned?
  17.    #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Did a (probably not proper enough) search of this thread for touchpad and webos 3.x and didn't find anything. So my question:

- Does Mode Switcher 2.x work on webOS 3.x? (I guess not)
    - Is a webOS 3.x version planned?
    I haven't tried MS 2.x on a webOS 3.x (the service part I mean, at least not yet). Most likely it would work for most parts. MS 3.x is planned and its current status is that it needs about week of work to get into beta state.

I try to get the new Theme Manager app ready during this week and the new AUPT scripts. After that I can again work full time on MS so in any case if there are no changes to my unemployment status then MS 3.x is definitely ready in this month.
    spud101 and mohaynes like this.
    Hey guys,
    so I have just started using MS and I really like it.
    Two things tho:

1. My Clock always switches to 12 hour format at some point but in the time Menu it still says 24hour format so I have to change it to 12 hour format and back to 24 hour format to get it back to normal. But I'm not sure when that happens. Is this a know bug ? It could be that it doesn't have anything to do with MS tho...

2. How do you add the delay setting to the Triggers ? Especially the one for the WiFi Trigger. I really could use that one. Is that feature available in MS 2 at all ? I searched everywhere but no answer.

Finally some input from me: Is there a "Known Bugs" section or something like that ? So you could tell what is normal and what is not?

Thx
  19.    #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by Netviruz View Post
    Hey guys,
    so I have just started using MS and I really like it.
    Two things tho:

1. My Clock always switches to 12 hour format at some point but in the time Menu it still says 24hour format so I have to change it to 12 hour format and back to 24 hour format to get it back to normal. But I'm not sure when that happens. Is this a know bug ? It could be that it doesn't have anything to do with MS tho...

2. How do you add the delay setting to the Triggers ? Especially the one for the WiFi Trigger. I really could use that one. Is that feature available in MS 2 at all ? I searched everywhere but no answer.

Finally some input from me: Is there a "Known Bugs" section or something like that ? So you could tell what is normal and what is not?

Thx
    1) Can not be MS related.

2) Not available in MS 2.x, but is coming.

There are no known bugs section since I tend to fix them as they are reported. At the moment there is some weird bug at least with Pre3 not sure yet if it effect other devices as well since I haven't had time to look into it yet. There should be bug fix release within a week, if you find something not expected with the next release then just report it.
    Cool, thanks for the answers man! I cant wait for the delay thingie. In my room theres exactly the case where the Wlan always goes on and off and so the mode switches all the time. If I find a bug I will report it