Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #881  
    Sconix, I've been noticing that my "Night" mode using a Time of Day trigger, set for every day, does not trigger on Sunday nights. any idea why that would be? What kind of logs can I send to help diagnose?
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Sconix, I've been noticing that my "Night" mode using a Time of Day trigger, set for every day, does not trigger on Sunday nights. any idea why that would be? What kind of logs can I send to help diagnose?
    You should use the problem report right after the trigger fails to change mode, thats the only way I can see what is happening.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #883  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You should use the problem report right after the trigger fails to change mode, thats the only way I can see what is happening.
    OK. I noticed that the notification/timer comes up, but then disappears without actually changing the mode. I'll have to wait until next Sunday night to get the problem report to you.
  4.    #884  
    The next release has also working mode export in Pre3.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #885  
    Are there any plans for Mode Switcher for the Touchpad?
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    Are there any plans for Mode Switcher for the Touchpad?
    Its coming as you can see.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #887  
    Just received update 2.5.2.

    Nice to see Google Export working now; peace of mind and all that!

    Look forward to having fully functioning WiFi triggers again... thanks Sconix
  8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Just received update 2.5.2.

    Nice to see Google Export working now; peace of mind and all that!

    Look forward to having fully functioning WiFi triggers again... thanks Sconix
    I am pretty sure that if there is still problems with the triggers its because of webOS. WebOS 2.x has always had trouble when the device is a sleep and I am pretty sure that is the reason why missed triggers happen. But if you get a missed trigger when the device is on, please send the problem report.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am pretty sure that if there is still problems with the triggers its because of webOS. WebOS 2.x has always had trouble when the device is a sleep and I am pretty sure that is the reason why missed triggers happen. But if you get a missed trigger when the device is on, please send the problem report.
    Happy to report that so far, everything seems to be working fine
  10. EvilMM's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #890  
    Hi,
    i'm using Mode Switcher on my pre3 and I love this app - thanks for that!!

    But I'm missing a trigger. Is it planned to support the CellIDs? Actually I have to leave my WLAN activated to detect Home and Work. With CellIDs I could configure:

    1. Activate WLAN if CellID is [Home] or [Work]
    2. Activate Home-Profile if WLAN is [HomeWLAN]
    3. Activate Work-Profile if WLAN is [WorkWLAN]
    4. Deactivate WLAN if CellID is not [Home] or [Work]

    These are the only two places I am using WLAN, but at every other place I have to have WLAN activated.

    To trigger via the current cell id would not consume more energy but I could save energy when I don't have to use wlan to detect places.

    I hope you can understand what I mean :-)
  11.    #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMM View Post
    Hi,
    i'm using Mode Switcher on my pre3 and I love this app - thanks for that!!

    But I'm missing a trigger. Is it planned to support the CellIDs? Actually I have to leave my WLAN activated to detect Home and Work. With CellIDs I could configure:

    1. Activate WLAN if CellID is [Home] or [Work]
    2. Activate Home-Profile if WLAN is [HomeWLAN]
    3. Activate Work-Profile if WLAN is [WorkWLAN]
    4. Deactivate WLAN if CellID is not [Home] or [Work]

    These are the only two places I am using WLAN, but at every other place I have to have WLAN activated.

    To trigger via the current cell id would not consume more energy but I could save energy when I don't have to use wlan to detect places.

    I hope you can understand what I mean :-)
    If you know of API in webOS that can be subscribed to get notifications of CellID changes then sure I can add that, but at least I am not aware of such API.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    ...when I try to import, I get a message saying "Unable to List Documents! No documents matching the query." This happens whether or not I enter a filter phrase.

    Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
    I got my new Pre3. Restored my profile and proceeded to install the latest MS. Now when I try in import my old modes from 10 days ago, I get the error: "Unable to List Documents! Failed to receive documents list from Google Docs." I can't export modes either. I don't know what's wrong.
  13.    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    I got my new Pre3. Restored my profile and proceeded to install the latest MS. Now when I try in import my old modes from 10 days ago, I get the error: "Unable to List Documents! Failed to receive documents list from Google Docs." I can't export modes either. I don't know what's wrong.
    Odd I tested and verified the export/import to work in the 2.5.2 version. Will have to test again.

    Also based on your log it seems that calendar trigger brakes MS on Pre3, will have to test and fix that as well.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/30/2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...Also based on your log it seems that calendar trigger brakes MS on Pre3, will have to test and fix that as well.
    Glad you could find something in the logs. I do think it was a mode with the calendar trigger that I tried to create on my Pre2's last day. Do let me know if any more info will help. Thanks.
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Glad you could find something in the logs. I do think it was a mode with the calendar trigger that I tried to create on my Pre2's last day. Do let me know if any more info will help. Thanks.
    Found and fixed the export / import issue again. Google started to request https connection so switched to that and its working again so will be fixed in next release.

    I am still looking into your other problem, but so far no luck. The log that you sent did show that the MS got stuck somewhere in calendar trigger initialization, but it works for me and the log did not so any error. So I am not sure what the problem is, can you still reproduce this? Another set of logs would be nice. If you need the export/import to get logs easier just tell me and I do a release with the them fixed first, but it would be nice to find the fix for the problem already before releasing new version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...I am still looking into your other problem, but so far no luck. The log that you sent did show that the MS got stuck somewhere in calendar trigger initialization, but it works for me and the log did not so any error. So I am not sure what the problem is, can you still reproduce this? Another set of logs would be nice. If you need the export/import to get logs easier just tell me and I do a release with the them fixed first, but it would be nice to find the fix for the problem already before releasing new version.
    I just got everything going again after my Advanced/OTA mess, bu I'll have a go and let you know what I find.

    Update: No problem found, email sent.
    Last edited by marysm; 10/02/2011 at 04:48 PM.
  17. #897  
    Over the last several days, I cannot get the mode export/import to work. I have reverified login several times. Mode Switcher tries to do something, but comes back with a message that says the upload failed.
  18. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenCWest View Post
    Over the last several days, I cannot get the mode export/import to work. I have reverified login several times. Mode Switcher tries to do something, but comes back with a message that says the upload failed.
    A couple posts back sonix said he has a fix coming. Hand tight! BTW, my modes seem to be getting backed up with my Palm Profile. I erased apps & data then later doctored and twice it seemed that my last set of modes came back without importing. It could be my imagination, though.
  19. marysm's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #899  
    I saw talk of adding something related to VPN back in May. I'd love to find a away to trigger VPN. For example, if I am not attached to my work secure wifi (by name), and wifi or data is active, enable VPN. One of the problems with VPN is it is too quite when disconnecting and I often find myself surfing for sometime before realizing VPN is off.

    Anymore thoughts about VPN options?
  20. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #900  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You should use the problem report right after the trigger fails to change mode, thats the only way I can see what is happening.
    Problem report failed to send. Trigger failed again tonight.

Posting Permissions