Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I installed v2.4.6 from the beta feed this morning.
    I already sent you logs.

After just a few hours of real life testing, at home and at work, it does not work better.After device restart, it works well the first time, but WiFi SSID triggers do not work after that, or very rarely.
    I have to return to work now, but I'll try to send you some more logs and some more details this evening.

Thank you for your work.
    I just looked through the log, and everything looked working as they should (i.e. as you have configured). So please describe what happened and what was supposed to happen in your next email as I instructed in the email. So I can help you, since I actually think yours is a configuration problem (or some bug in MS) not the same as the others with the SSID problem.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    managed to find the beta apps and installed it. Tried it here with my WiFi trigger, and so far it worked every time, I connected or disconnected from the WiFi. Went out of range and turned the Router of. MS was picking that up every time so far.
    This is a major improvement to the old version which would mostly not get the switches and stay active.

I send you a log, so you can take a look if you want and check if really everything is working as expected.

Greetings & Thanks
    Chris
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey Sconix,
    managed to find the beta apps and installed it. Tried it here with my WiFi trigger, and so far it worked every time, I connected or disconnected from the WiFi. Went out of range and turned the Router of. MS was picking that up every time so far.
    This is a major improvement to the old version which would mostly not get the switches and stay active.

I send you a log, so you can take a look if you want and check if really everything is working as expected.

Greetings & Thanks
    Chris
    Thanks, good to hear and just what I was expecting that the change really should make MS work 100 times better I still wait and see if we can resolve the problem Kratus is having which can be configuration error or MS logic bug. Then I will release this into the stable feed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hi Sconix,

Thanks for all the crazy hard work you've been putting in! Much appreciated!

Mode Switcher is running very well on my Pre3 which is great. I noticed though that I can't export modes to Google Docs, nor are they supported by the homebrew backup app "Save/Restore". In effect then, my modes that I've invested hours in could disappear in the blink of an eye!

Is this Google Docs issue known? Also, any plans to have it supported by "Save/Restore"? I think I remember previous versions being supported?

Any feedback would be great! Thanks
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Thanks for all the crazy hard work you've been putting in! Much appreciated!

Mode Switcher is running very well on my Pre3 which is great. I noticed though that I can't export modes to Google Docs, nor are they supported by the homebrew backup app "Save/Restore". In effect then, my modes that I've invested hours in could disappear in the blink of an eye!

Is this Google Docs issue known? Also, any plans to have it supported by "Save/Restore"? I think I remember previous versions being supported?

Any feedback would be great! Thanks
    I did not know that the export is broken, but was able to verify that it indeed is broken at least on Pre3, will fix. About save/restore I have never provided a script for that and I think the export is enough of backup with the fact that the modes gets stored into palm profile (which not sure if it works right now since I can't test this with my profile/backup server problem which HP has not yet fixed). If someone wants to do script for save/restore they are welcomed to do so, not sure if it supports the databases i.e. if its doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I did not know that the export is broken, but was able to verify that it indeed is broken at least on Pre3, will fix. About save/restore I have never provided a script for that and I think the export is enough of backup with the fact that the modes gets stored into palm profile (which not sure if it works right now since I can't test this with my profile/backup server problem which HP has not yet fixed). If someone wants to do script for save/restore they are welcomed to do so, not sure if it supports the databases i.e. if its doable.
    Fair enough... thanks for the feedback. I had no idea it was stored in the palm profile too? That's great!

Maybe I was imagining the save/restore functionality then

Look forward to the Export fix
  7.    #867  
    Fair enough... thanks for the feedback. I had no idea it was stored in the palm profile too? That's great!

Maybe I was imagining the save/restore functionality then

Look forward to the Export fix
    Yes it is stored but at the moment I think installing of MS wipes the config, but not sure, as said haven't been able to test it. Anyway the idea is that profile would also store the config.

Sorry I was bit unclear, there has been save/restore support for the older MS (1.x) but even that was not done by me, it was by one user of MS. But MS 1.x used different way to store configuration so at least for 1.x it was easy to make save/restore support, I don't know how easy/if possible for MS 2.x.

The export fix will be in the next public release, I am only waiting one user if the problem he is having is a bug so I can add fix for that as well.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

The export fix will be in the next public release, I am only waiting one user if the problem he is having is a bug so I can add fix for that as well.
    Sorry to spoil my report from before. Today MS stopped switching the WiFi correctly in the network of yesterday. Not even manual activation would work, it would just disable right away again.
    Now I moved to another WiFi and added it as a trigger to my mode with behaviour set to "any trigger" and now it is switching correctly again on that network. Don't know though if the old one works again.
  9.    #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Sorry to spoil my report from before. Today MS stopped switching the WiFi correctly in the network of yesterday. Not even manual activation would work, it would just disable right away again.
    Now I moved to another WiFi and added it as a trigger to my mode with behaviour set to "any trigger" and now it is switching correctly again on that network. Don't know though if the old one works again.
    You mean that if you manually activated the mode it got closed right after? That would mean that webOS was telling MS that network was disconnected. Thats the only way for the mode to close. So it leads me to believe that there might be even a bug in webOS 2.2.0 or then there is some behavioral change how the network notifications work.

Please send the problem report (need lumberjack to be installed) right after when something like that happens so I can see what is happening.
    Not sure if I'm the only one, but I've noticed most of the time (if not, all the time), the WiFi triggers don't appear to work for me. As far as I can remember, this has only been happening on my Pre 3 - it was working fine on my Pre minus.

In addition to the WiFi trigger, I have another trigger to make sure it's not connected to a charger. So nothing too complex really.

Any ideas why this may be? Anything I can do to try and fix/diagnose it?

Thanks

PS: also, thanks Sconix for the feedback regarding Palm Profile, Save/Restore and the Export fix!
  11.    #871  
    Not sure if I'm the only one, but I've noticed most of the time (if not, all the time), the WiFi triggers don't appear to work for me. As far as I can remember, this has only been happening on my Pre 3 - it was working fine on my Pre minus.

In addition to the WiFi trigger, I have another trigger to make sure it's not connected to a charger. So nothing too complex really.

Any ideas why this may be? Anything I can do to try and fix/diagnose it?

Thanks

PS: also, thanks Sconix for the feedback regarding Palm Profile, Save/Restore and the Export fix!
    The wifi trigger problem is fixed in beta release already.
    The wifi trigger problem is fixed in beta release already.
    Brilliant... I'll wait for the next public release then. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    So, I had been holding out on joining in on reporting the won't trigger modes on wifi change issue. I am running 2.1 on my Pre2. I had been having other issues with MS service dying (and staying dead until reinstall) for some time and figured I better try to sort those out before muddying the waters. Well, I docotored my phone 10 days or so ago and MS 2.4.2 seemed to be more stable. I was still having issues with wifi. It seems to be just as others have described. I decided day before yesterday to install the latest beta version of MS. Well, no improvement in the wifi issue, but worst, I was getting "too many cards" errors for the first time in ages. I decided to downgrade to the last public version of MS. Now my dying issue is back!!! Sigh.

Will try to gather more evidence and logs to better detail the issue soon.

Here are the steps of my last attempt to get things stable again. Note that I closed the Lumberjack follow window before saving it!!! Crap.

Uninstalled 2.4.2, restarted. Installed 2.4.2, restarted. Decided what the heck, installed 2.4.6, restarted. Launched Lumberjack started following MS log. Launched MS 2.4.6. Completed standard initial setup with MS not active. Imported Default mode. Activated MS. Got expected "starting" notice. No errors in Lumberjack. Imported all custom modes. No errors in Lumberjack. Signed into wifi, should trigger "At Work" mode. Nothing happens. Back to MS, still open, now can't enter into any custom mode. Toggle MS off and on, nothing happens. Check Lumberjack, accidentally close follow long window!!!!!! Exit MS. Launch MS, custom modes list is empty. MS is "off". Can only toggle MS by tapping on the word "activated" NOT the normal switch. Tapping switch does nothing. Tapping any buttons does nothing. Attempt to activate MS (by tapping "activated"). Nothing happens. Restart device. Launch MS, after a couple seconds, the custom modes list appears! Activate MS with switch (not tapping "activated" label). Nothing happens. Tap "edit default mode" button, nothing happens..
    While MS will sometimes die after working for some time, I can pretty consistently get it to happen when importing saved modes. What I am not clear on is what I have done it the past to get over the importing modes problem. In all my troubles, I am pretty sure I have been importing modes (different periodically saved "stable" versions) when trying to get going again.

Will repeat all of this and try to not delete the Lumberjack logs!
    Last edited by marysm; 09/22/2011 at 11:03 AM.
  14.    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    So, I had been holding out on joining in on reporting the won't trigger modes on wifi change issue. I am running 2.1 on my Pre2. I had been having other issues with MS service dying (and staying dead until reinstall) for some time and figured I better try to sort those out before muddying the waters. Well, I docotored my phone 10 days or so ago and MS 2.4.2 seemed to be more stable. I was still having issues with wifi. It seems to be just as others have described. I decided day before yesterday to install the latest beta version of MS. Well, no improvement in the wifi issue, but worst, I was getting "too many cards" errors for the first time in ages. I decided to downgrade to the last public version of MS. Now my dying issue is back!!! Sigh.

Will try to gather more evidence and logs to better detail the issue soon.

Here are the steps of my last attempt to get things stable again. Note that I closed the Lumberjack follow window before saving it!!! Crap.

While MS will sometimes die after working for some time, I can pretty consistently get it to happen when importing saved modes. What I am not clear on is what I have done it the past to get over the importing modes problem. In all my troubles, I am pretty sure I have been importing modes (different periodically saved "stable" versions) when trying to get going again.

Will repeat all of this and try to not delete the Lumberjack logs!
    First about the triggers, please upgrade to latest beta release. Its the first release of MS 2.x that has proper trigger processing (i.e. amount of triggers you use wont degrade the success rate). So with all of the earlier 2.x versions MS working could have changed according to how busy your device is etc. With the 2.4.5 release onwards the behavior of MS is constant and problems can be finally debugged properly. So thats the very first thing you need to do to update to that version. Then if you still face problems please send problem report with explanation what should have happened and what happened instead. Then I can see from the log if there's a bug.

EDIT: sorry had trouble of reading I see you are using the latest beta which is good. You most likely have errors in your configuration which is why you are seeing the problem. Of course its also a MS bug since it should not mind the error. Anyway I need logs to see what is going on and to fix the problem.

EDIT2: also the beta MS isn't any less stable than the current stable release, I only put it in the beta feed since there was possibility that MS stops working due to the change, but since that has not been the case the best working MS version is the beta at the moment.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/22/2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Hi,

I also had problem with WiFi triggers and installed the latest version from the beta feed. So far it looks good.

I have two (german) Veers with 2.1.1 here to test with and will install the latest Mode Switcher beta this weekend on the second one.

Thx for your work!
    Hi, in MS 2.4.6 on Pre3 the WiFi trigger is still not working reliably. But I don't get error-messages anymore.

Greets
  17.    #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hi, in MS 2.4.6 on Pre3 the WiFi trigger is still not working reliably. But I don't get error-messages anymore.

Greets
    I would need more problem reports with logs from the situation of failed triggers. So far it looks like webOS is dropping the subscriptions, i.e. haven't found anything wrong with the code. But with more logs I might find something that helps me at least determine if its webOS or MS thats failing.
    I would need more problem reports with logs from the situation of failed triggers. So far it looks like webOS is dropping the subscriptions, i.e. haven't found anything wrong with the code. But with more logs I might find something that helps me at least determine if its webOS or MS thats failing.
    I'd link to help to get some logs and sending a problemreport via Mode Switcher (as described in Application:ModeSwitcher - WebOS Internals) works (though I did not actually send a report).

But Lumberjack itself does not show any logs when selecting Mode Switcher and log level "Info". Is this intended?
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by Olodin View Post
    I'd link to help to get some logs and sending a problemreport via Mode Switcher (as described in Application:ModeSwitcher - WebOS Internals) works (though I did not actually send a report).

But Lumberjack itself does not show any logs when selecting Mode Switcher and log level "Info". Is this intended?
    All the logging is done on error log level so they don't show up on info level.
  20.    #880  
    So I went through the wifi trigger with fine comb and actually found one more possible bug. I will fix it and do a public release. If you still have problems with the upcoming 2.5.0 release then please send me the problem report so that I can see what is going on.