Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Same problem here.
    So what do you mean, the wifi trigger with SSID is not working for you? Was it before the update?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I sent you two logs, did you get them?
    If I summarize, the first time after reboot the WiFi trigger works, and after that it does not work anymore.
    I don't know if it is just me, because I also have an issue with Ubercalendar others do not have.
    And as it is my main device, and do not want to go to the doctor before the weekend.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I sent you two logs, did you get them?
    If I summarize, the first time after reboot the WiFi trigger works, and after that it does not work anymore.
    I don't know if it is just me, because I also have an issue with Ubercalendar others do not have.
    And as it is my main device, and do not want to go to the doctor before the weekend.
    Yes I got them and will look at them soon. So let me have a look if logs reveal something.

EDIT: sorry been super busy, I try to look into these on this weekend..
    Last edited by sconix; 09/08/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sconix,

mode switcher is a must. many thanks for it.

If this has been asked already, I'm sorry but is there a way that the exhibition app could be set for the mode.

I'm think that when I'm at work and put in office mode by putting it on the touchstone it would should show agenda, but at home might show flap clock or something like that ?

I can't even seem to see how to set the default exhibition mode app but have to choose each time it starts ...
    Sorry I mean to say, on a pre 3.
  6.    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Sconix,

mode switcher is a must. many thanks for it.

If this has been asked already, I'm sorry but is there a way that the exhibition app could be set for the mode.

I'm think that when I'm at work and put in office mode by putting it on the touchstone it would should show agenda, but at home might show flap clock or something like that ?

I can't even seem to see how to set the default exhibition mode app but have to choose each time it starts ...
    At least on 2.1.x there was no API to control exhibition mode, I haven't looked 2.2.x/3.0.x yet, but I doubt that 2.2.0 has any new APIs.
    Here's yet another bug-report:
    It seems that the modeswitcher service dies when I disable Wifi. What I can reproduce is the following:
    - I open mode switcher's gui is open and make sure, "Activated" is on
    - then I disable Wifi
    - I set Activated to off and get the message, that the service is not responding
    - then I can reactivate it by setting Activate to on. All seems fine until the next Wifi disabling
  8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Here's yet another bug-report:
    It seems that the modeswitcher service dies when I disable Wifi. What I can reproduce is the following:
    - I open mode switcher's gui is open and make sure, "Activated" is on
    - then I disable Wifi
    - I set Activated to off and get the message, that the service is not responding
    - then I can reactivate it by setting Activate to on. All seems fine until the next Wifi disabling
    I would need logs from this, since I can not reproduce this. So install lumberjack, restart phone, turn off wifi, then disable MS so that you get the error and then send problem report (app menu-help-app menu-send problem report).
    Hmm, now it works .. I cannot reproduce the problem. I will try to post logs when it happens again.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    New to this app and exploring what I can do with it. The Location trigger doesn't seem to be working for me. I can tell it Get Current Location, then check Status and it still says false. Set Radius as high as 2000m. I tried Select New Location, and the map displays right where I am, so I do believe the GPS is working. This is version 2.4.2 on a Sprint FrankenPre2 with webOs 2.1.0.

Oops, as I was writing this the status became True. I've been fiddling with this for 20 minutes - if it was checking GPS every 5 minutes it should have become true long ago.

But, even though the status for the whole group was now Valid, it did not launch the app defined in the actions. I figured, maybe it doesn't do that while MS itself is still open. I exited it, and saw the "Updating system settings" notification, but still it didn't launch the app. Went back into MS, status is still valid. Hmm. Did it somehow 'miss the transition'?

Then on the actions screen I hit Add MS when I didn't mean to, and don't see how to get rid of that block.

I think I'm going to have to actually read a manual for a change. LOL.
    Hey there, can someone fix the Download link? Mode Switcher | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

It says "file not found" when people try to download it, thanks in advance.
  12.    #832  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyMuchPre View Post
    Hey there, can someone fix the Download link? [url= Switcher | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net[/url]

It says "file not found" when people try to download it, thanks in advance.
    I will remove the link. There is no other download than preware.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry I can not even promise that it will ready during this month, but I am trying to get it done asap. Believe me its going to be worth it I just need to get another TP to speed up the development, so if you are waiting MS 3.x please donate. I have already ordered touchstones so I can add the new feature that MS can detect which touchstone it is set to (I am hoping this is possible with the new touchstones). And that wont be the only new planned feature...
    OK, may another little donation. Come on all you new TouchPad owners, kick in a couple Euros to help get this done!

Sonix, any chance we can get a sneak peak to try out?
  14.    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    OK, may another little donation. Come on all you new TouchPad owners, kick in a couple Euros to help get this done!

Sonix, any chance we can get a sneak peak to try out?
    Thanks, I prefer donations after the app is ready and in use, but of course it encouraging to see it wanted before its ready

Sorry no sneak peak, I am working the UI separately from the service and will connect it to the service in the end. I am working hard to get my patches ready for 2.x/3.x so I can put my full effort on MS 3.x. The only sneak peak is the screenshots I have been posting, in case you haven't seen any, here are couple: one two three.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    Good to hear, that you are working on the new versions. :-)

Right now I have troubles with the config change from 2G to 3G. When it is in WiFi it should go down to 2G and disconnect Data to fully use WiFi. When turning of Wifi it should go backwards.

However Data is activated, but it is not switching from 2G back to 3G. This happens not always, but today even the options of the phone won't open anymore.

:-( Will try to send you logs when it happens again.

Greetings
    Chris
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey Sconix,
    Good to hear, that you are working on the new versions. :-)

Right now I have troubles with the config change from 2G to 3G. When it is in WiFi it should go down to 2G and disconnect Data to fully use WiFi. When turning of Wifi it should go backwards.

However Data is activated, but it is not switching from 2G back to 3G. This happens not always, but today even the options of the phone won't open anymore.

:-( Will try to send you logs when it happens again.

Greetings
    Chris
    There is nothing I can do for that, all network related operation (phone radio,bt,wifi,2g/3g) are somehow buggy in webOS. MS issues the request always, its just that for some odd reason they are not always carried or it crashes the driver or causes some other "lockup" for that preference. This is device/installation/webOS specific i.e. how much trouble you get with the settings depends bit of your setup, at least it varies a lot between users, some have none problems, some lot. It usually happens less often if you have as few network related setting changes in your modes as possible. It seems that webOS core mechanism wont like that much when many radio states are changes at the same time. I have tried all possible ways to go around this webOS problem but so far no luck.
    Hi, it seems like the wifi trigger stops working I don't see a pattern yet. Bluetooth- and Touchstone-triggers continue to work. Trying to disable the service gives the "not communicating" error. Re-enabling the service restores functionality.
  18.    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hi, it seems like the wifi trigger stops working I don't see a pattern yet. Bluetooth- and Touchstone-triggers continue to work. Trying to disable the service gives the "not communicating" error. Re-enabling the service restores functionality.
    I would need a problem report from this situation (logs) after that happens.
    I'm having the same issue after updated to 2.4.2 version (wifi SSID trigger isn't working). Is there any option how to download older version (preferably 2.3.9)?

Anyway thanks for the best app!
    Quote Originally Posted by aziza0 View Post
    Is there any option how to download older version (preferably 2.3.9)?
    Download the IPK from here Index of /feeds/webos-internals/armv7/. Install via Preware on the pre or WOSQI. Don't know if you have to remove actual version first.