Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Checked the manual and wiki, and I think I have all the patches - is turn screen off coming back, or does Exhibition kill that ability? I tried turning screen brightness to minimum last night, but it doesn't seem to work on Exhibition screen, and it's too bloody bright for sleeping!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Checked the manual and wiki, and I think I have all the patches - is turn screen off coming back, or does Exhibition kill that ability? I tried turning screen brightness to minimum last night, but it doesn't seem to work on Exhibition screen, and it's too bloody bright for sleeping!
    You can turn off the screen manually via the power button...

But I try to get the automatic screen turn off when mode is activated back into MS but no timetable for that. I haven't had time to test it yet if its possible, but I think it is even though the exhibition most likely will make things bit more difficult.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    This is OT from MS 2.x, but there is an exhibition mode called "Nightstand" that makes the exhibition screen totally blank. Better than being on completely...

I would love to see the ability for MS to switch the screen off completely though. +1 for that feature request.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can turn off the screen manually via the power button...

But I try to get the automatic screen turn off when mode is activated back into MS but no timetable for that. I haven't had time to test it yet if its possible, but I think it is even though the exhibition most likely will make things bit more difficult.
    Yeah, but I have to have it on - on-call 24x7 so I'm stuck. And whenever you can is great - I just wanted to make sure it was in fact "missing" at the moment.

Thank you again! Donation coming tonight if the bills are lined up for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This is OT from MS 2.x, but there is an exhibition mode called "Nightstand" that makes the exhibition screen totally blank. Better than being on completely...

I would love to see the ability for MS to switch the screen off completely though. +1 for that feature request.
    I've got Nightstand running, but even the blank backlight screen is too bright at night.
  6.    #66  
    Yeah, but I have to have it on - on-call 24x7 so I'm stuck. And whenever you can is great - I just wanted to make sure it was in fact "missing" at the moment.

Thank you again! Donation coming tonight if the bills are lined up for it...
    I meant that you can turn of the screen not the phone, you don't have to keep the exhibition on. Sure you need to press the power button, but it will get you going until MS can do it for you when mode changes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I meant that you can turn of the screen not the phone, you don't have to keep the exhibition on. Sure you need to press the power button, but it will get you going until MS can do it for you when mode changes.
    I think the problem is that any notifications received after the screen is turned off turns exhibition back on.
  8.    #68  
    I think the problem is that any notifications received after the screen is turned off turns exhibition back on.
    Thats true but at least I am already sleep at that time so it does not bother me. But thats the main reason why I haven't tried to add the feature of controlling screen since I know that trying to fight against the webos logic to wake up the screen will be long battle to make it work perfectly
    Thats true but at least I am already sleep at that time so it does not bother me. But thats the main reason why I haven't tried to add the feature of controlling screen since I know that trying to fight against the webos logic to wake up the screen will be long battle to make it work perfectly
    Well, first, I should have loaded the Power patch - I didn't know it would do that. Yet ANOTHER thank you. And if I tell MS to turn off notifications, wouldn't that keep Exhibition in it's cage?
  10.    #70  
    Well, first, I should have loaded the Power patch - I didn't know it would do that. Yet ANOTHER thank you. And if I tell MS to turn off notifications, wouldn't that keep Exhibition in it's cage?
    At least for me what wakes the screen up at night is the battery reaching 100% (I think). But I plan to fix that at some point if possible via patch.
    At least for me what wakes the screen up at night is the battery reaching 100% (I think). But I plan to fix that at some point if possible via patch.
    I told my Night MS to turn off notifications - we'll see what that does. And donation has been sent!
    I've found another issue. Not sure that this is a bug, i may need to use a normal mode instead of a modifier.

I have a mode set up with a wifi trigger for my work wifi. I set it up as a modifier mode to my default mode.

I'm finding that MS is turning the phone back on unexpectedly.

Here is what i think happened:
    - the phone went into sleep mode, and wifi turned off.
    - the phone woke up to check email (set to 5 min), MS realized wifi was off, disabled that mode
    - the phone was on long enough that wifi became re-enabled
    - MS then re-activated that mode.

I think this could be cured with a modifier mode activation delay, but i can only see manual and immediate.

I will try to grab the logs as you specified and update this post with them later.
    I wasn't able to re-create this. If it happens again i'll try to get the log.
    I suspect that there is some bug(s) in bluetooth trigger, but haven't caught them on log so please provide logs. So its very likely you have found one.

To do that reset MS (toggle off / on) so that its in default mode, close the app, then connect bluetooth so that mode activates and then disconnect so that mode does not close even it should. Then right after open MS do app menu -> help -> app menu -> report problem. It should collect all related log into the email with your configuration. Then send it to me.

EDIT: No need for logs I was able to reproduce this. Will fix for 2.0.1 which I release today.

EDIT2: Actually this one seems to be webOS bug, not sure if I can go around this lets see, the reason is that the disconnected event is not always notified.. so at least for me this works sometimes and sometimes does not due to that reason.

EDIT3: I changed the handling for 2.0.1 if it still fails for you then please provide me with logs.
    Still not working right for me. I've attached the log.

One thing i should note: i use Quick System Tasks for toggling radios. I've tried turning off BT with QST, and with the device menu. Neither seems to de-activate the mode. One artifact, which may or may not be related, is that sometimes after turning off BT the icon still shows in the top bar. Not sure what is up with that...

Tomorrow i'll try changing this to a normal mode and see if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #74  
    Still not working right for me. I've attached the log.

One thing i should note: i use Quick System Tasks for toggling radios. I've tried turning off BT with QST, and with the device menu. Neither seems to de-activate the mode. One artifact, which may or may not be related, is that sometimes after turning off BT the icon still shows in the top bar. Not sure what is up with that...

Tomorrow i'll try changing this to a normal mode and see if that helps.
    It seems that the bluetooth system is bit buggy in WebOS 2.x. The next version has yet a another try to go around this problem. Which I release tomorrow or day after that depending when I have finished the help system thats going to be in the next release as well. This was one of the major items that I needed to finish for MS to go into public feed. Now its only about finding and killing the remaining bugs
    sconix:
    The "report a problem" function of MS uses the Janne dot julkunen at e-lnx dot org email. Your previous post said to use your other one, FYI.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 04/14/2011 at 09:22 PM.
    OK i've got another bug. Not sure if this one can be captured with a log, because it requires a luna restart to show itself.

I have my security set to use a simple pin, and to lock after 5 minutes. I used this same setting in my default mode. If i disable MS and restart luna, the simple pin lock changes to "screen turns off" in reality, though the setting in the "screen & lock" application does not show this.

Here's what i do:
    -Enable MS
    -in screen & lock app set the secure unlock to simple pin, with lock after set to 5 min (then make sure this is working by turning off the screen & see if it locks immediately, or not.)
    - Disable MS
    - Luna reboot
    - after reboot swipe away screen lock, then enter pin and unlock. Now turn off the screen, wait a sec or two, turn back on. swipe away screen lock, and pin lock comes up!

Sconix: let me know if i can get you logs, and when to do so. Lumberjack is new to me, so i don't know it's nuances.
    Hey Sconix. Everything's working great for me so far. Although I'm not in too deep yet.

I guess I'm stopping by with somewhat of a feature request:

I think it would be cool if you added a Tweak to the mode menu allowing the user to choose how many "customizable toggle" slots appear in the mode menu. That way the user could have a toggle switch for each one of his or her modes, for instance.

Thanks for all your work!
  18.    #78  
    sconix:
    The "report a problem" function of MS uses the Janne dot julkunen at e-lnx dot org email. Your previous post said to use your other one, FYI.
    Its correct though, both are redirected email addresses anyway so they come to the same place
  19.    #79  
    OK i've got another bug. Not sure if this one can be captured with a log, because it requires a luna restart to show itself.

I have my security set to use a simple pin, and to lock after 5 minutes. I used this same setting in my default mode. If i disable MS and restart luna, the simple pin lock changes to "screen turns off" in reality, though the setting in the "screen & lock" application does not show this.

Here's what i do:
    -Enable MS
    -in screen & lock app set the secure unlock to simple pin, with lock after set to 5 min (then make sure this is working by turning off the screen & see if it locks immediately, or not.)
    - Disable MS
    - Luna reboot
    - after reboot swipe away screen lock, then enter pin and unlock. Now turn off the screen, wait a sec or two, turn back on. swipe away screen lock, and pin lock comes up!

Sconix: let me know if i can get you logs, and when to do so. Lumberjack is new to me, so i don't know it's nuances.
    I don't see this being related to MS if you have disabled MS. And I have seen security timeout to be buggy in webos 2.x. I.e. there is a timeout showing in screenandlock app but still the screen lock immeadiately.
    I turned off the notifications when screen locked in screen and lock p and that has helped mines to stay off during the night

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast