Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by jxy View Post
    Hi, I am having some trouble with switching modes automatically. Here is what I am trying to do:

Default mode:
    Phone - enabled
    Data - enabled
    Wi-Fi - enabled
    Bluetooth - disabled
    GPS- disabled

Home mode modifier
    Phone - enabled
    Data - disabled
    Wi-Fi - enabled
    Bluetooth - enabled
    GPS- disabled
    Trigger - Wi-Fi Connected to Home network

Driving mode modifier
    Phone - enabled
    Data - enabled
    Wi-Fi - disabled
    Bluetooth - disabled
    GPS- enabled
    Trigger - BT Connection and Wi-Fi disconnected/Set to All triggers

I can switch them manually and everything appear to work, bit it does not happen automatically for some reason. The result I am trying to achieve is at Home it will use default mode with Home modifier, in Car default mode with driving modifier, everywhere else just default mode.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    It would help to know what does not work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Is there a way...

to control what shows up as the Lock Screen? Don't know if this is a Mode Switcher question or a general patch question. It would be more useful to be able to have Agenda pop up than the big clock overlay and a huge stack of notifications that I usually see.

I think it would fit as a good lock screen item since Agenda is basically a static view anyway and you can't interact with it.
    The lock screen is binary so modifying it is out of the question, sadly.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. jxy
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It would help to know what does not work.
    It only works if I change it manually. No profiles are switching on any of the triggeres.
  4.    #744  
    Quote Originally Posted by jxy View Post
    It only works if I change it manually. No profiles are switching on any of the triggeres.
    Its most likely a configuration problem (since wifi and bt trigger should work just fine) so go through your configuration and see the help text to understand the options. If you are sure that the configuration is correct you can send a problem report (see wiki how to do it) right after when mode failes to switch so I can see what is going on.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Whats wrong with the way you have it set?
    I would prefer to have Agenda focused when taking my phone off the charger in the morning. Right now it's always YouView
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  6.    #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I would prefer to have Agenda focused when taking my phone off the charger in the morning. Right now it's always YouView
    Ah I see its about the order of started applications. Well MS can not really do anything about that since webOS does not support launching apps in order. MS already waits about half a second between launches so with fast starting apps the order is kept, but with sluggish device etc. its not.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Ah I see its about the order of started applications. Well MS can not really do anything about that since webOS does not support launching apps in order. MS already waits about half a second between launches so with fast starting apps the order is kept, but with sluggish device etc. its not.
    I understand that. My question was if there was a way to circumvent those limitations.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I understand that. My question was if there was a way to circumvent those limitations.
    Not really, I have planned to add configurable delay for some apps which would help to achieve this but I have put out that for MS 3.x so that I can see if things are better in webOS 3.x regarding apps launching.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Alright, just recently got 2.1 on the Sprint Pre (loving it!). So I get started with getting MS up and running. I am having a small problem. I can not find (in Preware) "Advanced System Menus - Framework", and everything I read says it's a required patch. Am I missing something?
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    Alright, just recently got 2.1 on the Sprint Pre (loving it!). So I get started with getting MS up and running. I am having a small problem. I can not find (in Preware) "Advanced System Menus - Framework", and everything I read says it's a required patch. Am I missing something?
    Well if you are not seeing the patch you most likely are still seeing 1.4.5 only packages in preware which means you haven't done the installation of 2.1 properly. When done properly you see 2.1 packages in preware and then you will see the patch as well. To verify first update feeds and then check the version of available patches I guess its still 1.4.5 for you. If you see 2.1 stuff in you preware but not the patch then I have no clue whats the problem.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well if you are not seeing the patch you most likely are still seeing 1.4.5 only packages in preware which means you haven't done the installation of 2.1 properly. When done properly you see 2.1 packages in preware and then you will see the patch as well. To verify first update feeds and then check the version of available patches I guess its still 1.4.5 for you. If you see 2.1 stuff in you preware but not the patch then I have no clue whats the problem.
    The update went fine (device info shows HP WebOS 2.1, and Preware is loading 2.1 patchs). I'll try keep poking at it. Thanks for you help/contributions, it is greatly appreciated!
  12.    #752  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    The update went fine (device info shows HP WebOS 2.1, and Preware is loading 2.1 patchs). I'll try keep poking at it. Thanks for you help/contributions, it is greatly appreciated!
    Then the patches are there, just look under advanced. Can't think of any way how they could not be there as long as you have updated the feeds which preware should do on startup.
    the battery trigger
    Wot? There's a battery trigger now? I'm on the last publicly available 2.3.9 version, via Preware feeds, and it doesn't seem to have it.

I had beta versions some months ago, when I helped Janne with beta testing the first 2.x release. I reckon I didn't report much to him, but I even wrote a very basic javascript filesystem service (for timed wallpaper cycling) that never got used.

So, are you guys enjoying beta versions?

I'm also having a BT trigger that works less than half times it should.
  14.    #754  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Wot? There's a battery trigger now? I'm on the last publicly available 2.3.9 version, via Preware feeds, and it doesn't seem to have it.

I had beta versions some months ago, when I helped Janne with beta testing the first 2.x release. I reckon I didn't report much to him, but I even wrote a very basic javascript filesystem service (for timed wallpaper cycling) that never got used.

So, are you guys enjoying beta versions?

I'm also having a BT trigger that works less than half times it should.
    There has always been battery trigger you just need to have the advanced features enabled.

Also the BT trigger works well for most, but its still a bit hacky since webOX 2.x wont offer means to make it properly. I.e. it might not work that well if the phone is running slow.

About the service I never received word that it would be available publicly i.e. through preware etc. I can not add support for it if nobody can get it. Or if you wanted me to copy the code into MS service then I missed that.
    There has always been battery trigger you just need to have the advanced features enabled.
    Can you imagine how dumb I feel right now? I completely missed that option in the menu. Battery level trigger discovered, configured and confirmed working, for my "night", low power mode.

Also the BT trigger works well for most, but its still a bit hacky since webOX 2.x wont offer means to make it properly. I.e. it might not work that well if the phone is running slow.
    Understood. My 2.1 GSM Pre minus uses to stutted from time to time. The last thing I did was lowering the logging options to minimum, still no big change.

About the service I never received word that it would be available publicly i.e. through preware etc. I can not add support for it if nobody can get it. Or if you wanted me to copy the code into MS service then I missed that.
    Then, that was a misunderstanding on my part: I actually wrote it for you, as it has very little value by itself alone. It merely offers two functinos, to get the next or random filename in a given folder. The idea was to use it for a Mode Switcher powered timed wallpaper changer.

By the way, I still don't understand the time interval trigger: What do I have to put in "Interval" and "Active" for the trigger to fire every hour? And to have it do so only between 9:00 and 21:00?
    Can you imagine how dumb I feel right now? I completely missed that option in the menu. Battery level trigger discovered, configured and confirmed working, for my "night", low power mode.
    It's always been on the wiki my friend!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Thankyou both, you've been very helpful and patient. Perhaps you can help me again.

I'm suffering a very strange and extreme problem since this morning: While listening to music, suddenly everything started to freeze. Let's say it took around TEN seconds for any event to get processed: For example, flicking the ringer mute switch and feeling the confirmation vibration. Of course I rebooted, which took infinite patience just to proceed.

After boot, Mode Switcher was stuck in the last used "music" mode, and can't be closed because MS actually is not working at all: Opening the app it says it's off, and the custom mode list is empty. Waited for minutes to no avail.

Worst of all, I'm seeing very high CPU loads (5.84!) and battery drain while idle, in Govnah: Even though it's charging, it's drainig almost 300 milliamperes! It's also unusually hot, more than 45 degrees.

I've even uninstalled UberKernel, as I don't have any testing tool at hand, and the symptoms are still there. I've been using the same patches since months, the last I remember is the controversial "log muffler". But it's supposed that makes the phone do less things, nothing else.

Now i'm shocked seeing the famous "too many cards" error I have never seen in my life, after half a year (memory/swap is 235 / 75). Of course, there's no app working, just Govnah. What is sucking so much RAM and CPU?

I've rebooted several times, and a redoctor would be very, very traumatic. What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 08/07/2011 at 09:30 AM.
  18.    #758  
    Thankyou both, you've been very helpful and patient.

Now, I'm suffering a versy strange and extreme problem since this morning: While listening to music, suddenly everything started to freeze. Let's say it took around TEN seconds for any event to get processed: For example, flicking the ringer mute switch and feeling the confirmation vibration. Of course I rebooted, which took minutes to proceed.

After boot, Mode Switcher was stuck in the last used "music" mode, and can't be closed because MS actually is not working at all: Opening the app it says it's off, and the custom mode list is empty. Waited for minutes.

Worst of all, I'm seeing very high CPU loads (5.84!) and battery drain while idle, in Govnah: Even though it's charging, it's drainig almost 300 milliamperes! It's also unusually hot, more than 45 degrees.

I've even uninstalled UberKernel, as I don't have any testing tool at hand, and the symptoms are still there. I've been using the same patches since months, the last I remember is the controversial "log muffler". But it's supposed that makes the phone do less things, nothing else.

What the hell is going on?
    It might be some problem with the database, i.e. something has got "corrupted" and MS does not know how to deal with the error and it causes a problem. You should use the problem report (see wiki) function of MS to send the logs so I could see what is going on.
    It might be some problem with the database, i.e. something has got "corrupted" and MS does not know how to deal with the error and it causes a problem. You should use the problem report (see wiki) function of MS to send the logs so I could see what is going on.
    I can report that the same thing started happening to me a week or so ago (probably around the time I loaded the EOM overlord monitoring patch, if that helps) - I ended up doctoring because the phone became unusable, and I haven't put mode switcher back on since I've been adding things back slowly. So far I've got almost everything back on (NOT the overlord patch) and it's still working fine. If it stays stable, I'll put mode switcher back on in a couple more days, and report back. I do miss the modes...

EDIT: one other thought - I did turn mode switcher off while troubleshooting, and it didn't seem to help - but it had gotten so bad at that point I could barely get it to boot and perform two actions before it would freeze or battery would die.
    Last edited by alacrify; 08/07/2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add
    Thankyou Sconix and Alacrify. I sadly confirm that removing Mode Switcher fixed it: Not happy, I love it. Now I remember that I enabled its advanced setting, to use the battery level trigger. I added it to my "night" mode and... Mode Switcher broke: No modes in the list, no way to activate. It seems to start again after a reboot, but I fear the settings got messed up. Can I hav e a clean Mode Switcher if I reinstall now, or these ugly settings will be brought back from somewhere?

I also removed the muffle logging patch, but just noticed I still have another related patch, called "remove dropped packet logging". What would you do? I realize it's simpler to just lower logging to minimum, and have no patches.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...