Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Now I did receive it, I will look at it on sunday or monday when I get back to my computer.
    Did you ever get a chance to look at the logs I sent?
  2.    #702  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    Did you ever get a chance to look at the logs I sent?
    I resend the email to you, I guess you did not receive it the last time.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hello.

I have a "Home" modifier mode which should simply activate while I'am in range of 250 meters from home. It should simply start wifi and switch to 2G. It never activates and I do not know why. Could you help ?

Marek
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick update Sconix! I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ok, I have my Work mode set to run from 0800 to 1600 and then Car mode is supposed to kick off from 1600 to 1700. The problem I have is that I don't always leave the office at 1600. I'd like to have MS check to see if it can connect to my Bluetooth before switching to Car mode. Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey sconix, I just had this bizaar bug.

I have MS 2.3.8 with a meta 2.1 pre plus

I have had this set up for quite sometime now. but for some reason tonight, my phone went on a reset loop when MS updates my settings. I was able to stop the loop by going to MS quickly before the system update settings kicked in. And I did a battery pull.

Not sure which solved the problem, the battery pull or the turing off of the MS. I was trying to send you report but it said i don't have lumberjack... where can i find that?

thanks!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  7.    #707  
    Thanks for the quick update Sconix! I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    Please do, at least it now should work when the same trigger closes and starts a new normal mode.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #708  
    Ok, I have my Work mode set to run from 0800 to 1600 and then Car mode is supposed to kick off from 1600 to 1700. The problem I have is that I don't always leave the office at 1600. I'd like to have MS check to see if it can connect to my Bluetooth before switching to Car mode. Anyone help would be greatly appreciated.
    You could for example set the work mode to close manually only or be active much longer than to 16.00. Then let the car mode close your work mode when the time is right + it has connected to the bluetooth. If your car mode is always coming after the work mode.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Hey sconix, I just had this bizaar bug.

I have MS 2.3.8 with a meta 2.1 pre plus

I have had this set up for quite sometime now. but for some reason tonight, my phone went on a reset loop when MS updates my settings. I was able to stop the loop by going to MS quickly before the system update settings kicked in. And I did a battery pull.

Not sure which solved the problem, the battery pull or the turing off of the MS. I was trying to send you report but it said i don't have lumberjack... where can i find that?

thanks!
    Lumberjack is in preware. But for the bug, I am pretty sure there is no bug in MS and it was just some bug in maybe one of the unofficial API's that MS uses. Usually if something odd happens once its something caused by webOS, if you can replicate something i.e. it happens all the time then its most likely MS bug.
    I've been looking all over the forums for an answer to this but I could not find it. I have a meta-doctored pre- with 2.1 on it and it has no cell connection. When i start Mode Switcher I get an enable advanced features (i have the patch installed) so I click yes and then continue where it sits trying to retrieve the default settings and never gets past this screen.

Thank you for your help in advanced.
    I had Mode Switcher installed on my old Pre and exported my modes to Google Docs. Now I installed Mode Switcher on my Veer and would like to import the modes from Google Docs. But the app only shows an empty page.

Any suggestions?

Greetings, Jost
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrdenack View Post
    Hello.

I have a "Home" modifier mode which should simply activate while I'am in range of 250 meters from home. It should simply start wifi and switch to 2G. It never activates and I do not know why. Could you help ?

Marek
    Anyone can help ?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Anyone can help ?
    What model of phone do you have and how is the accuracy of your GPS?
    What model of phone do you have and how is the accuracy of your GPS?
    It is Pre2 with WebOS 2.1.
    The accuracy is ok - I've checked it with Google Maps and it showed my exact position.

Marek
  15.    #715  
    It is Pre2 with WebOS 2.1.
    The accuracy is ok - I've checked it with Google Maps and it showed my exact position.

Marek
    You should still try setting the range to max first to see if it changes the mode then. It is very common that the accuracy is not very good. And hence the 250m might not be enough for the radius. Since MS can not read the GPS status all the time or it would eat the battery like hell, so MS can not achieve the maximum accuracy when it reads your location. You should also check the location that it is set correctly. If you don't get it to change your location youcan always send a problem report to me when it should have changed the mode so I can see / tell you why it did not change the mode.The MS 3.x will show the status info of all triggers so debugging the modes not changing by yuorself is possible, but currently you need to sen problem report so I can look from the logs.
  16.    #716  
    Quote Originally Posted by epyon22 View Post
    I've been looking all over the forums for an answer to this but I could not find it. I have a meta-doctored pre- with 2.1 on it and it has no cell connection. When i start Mode Switcher I get an enable advanced features (i have the patch installed) so I click yes and then continue where it sits trying to retrieve the default settings and never gets past this screen.

Thank you for your help in advanced.
    Most likely you have an installation problem, you can send me problem report so I can verify this.
    I have Mode Switcher on my Veer and I defined a profile (in normal mode) which should switch of GPS and wifi when I'm at work. The problem is, that only GPS is switched off automatically, the wifi stays on and I usually switch it of manually). In the evening when the "work" profile ends, everything works as it should (GPS and wifi are switched on). Am I doing something wrong?

Greetings,
    andreas301
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Hello. Thanks, sconix, for this great app. My alter-ego donated 5 Euro a couple days ago!

I am using MS 2.3.9 with webos 2.1.0. I am having some trouble understanding some things:

1. what happens when a mode closes, is everything reevaluated and the new matching mode opened?
    2. am I doing something wrong, or is the "mode change" state trigger not functioning? (as in, only start this mode if other mode is/isn't active)
    3. again, am I doing something wrong,* or does the calendar trigger also not work?
    4. and a bonus, what is going on with my Default mode that it disconnects and reconnects my phone radio when it activates?

Note, I'm not asking you all to solve all this, just give me some pointers to aid my own trouble shooting!

Here's my situation... I have three normal modes: the Default mode, Night (time of day trigger only) and Battery Save (triggered by low battery level and no charger). I also have a variety of modifier modes triggered by time of day, charger, wifi connection and/or calendar event. I believe only one "normal" mode will be active at a time, is that right? On top of whichever normal mode is active, one or more "modifier" modes can be active.

I want to be sure that as any mode, normal or modifier, closes, everything is reevaluated and the appropriate new modes are activated. This doesn't always seem to happen, but I can't really pin down when or how it fails. While trying to trouble shoot, I have often checked the status of a modifier mode and it will be "valid," but the corresponding settings have not been applied.

For example, as I was writing this, my phone is on "Default" only. It should be "Default" + "Home". A minute ago it did properly change to "Battery Save" only. I plugged it in and it switched to "Battery Save" + "Charging". It should be "Default" + "Charging". "Battery Save" is: trigger behavior = all triggers, triggers: battery level 0-35% and charger event no charger. For some reason the charger event is not registering the fact the the charger is plugged in. A bit later, when the battery level is above 35%, "Default" comes back and "Home" starts, but "Charging" goes away and never comes back unless I unplug and re-plug the charger.

What order are modifier modes applied? (I see I can rearrange the mode list. Does it make a difference?) Can one modifier modify another one? How are conflicts resolved? When is it better to use a normal mode (with tons of settings) over a modifier with just select settings?

And finally, for sconix, is how all these things work going to dramatically change with the 3.x version and I should not fill my head with lots of stuff that will change in the not too distant future?

My average day should be:

• Leaving the house in the morning my phone loses connection to my home wifi and closes the "Home" modifier. Nothing else applies so, it switches to "Default" [wifi and data on, basic sound, screen, email settings].
    • I arrive at work, as wifi is still on, my phone connects to my office wireless triggering the "Work" modifier [wifi only, data off]. I get to my desk and plug my phone into the desk charger and the "Charging" modifier mode [screen never off] triggers. Things work pretty well to this point.
    • At some point a meeting event comes along in the calendar. Regardless of the other current modes, the "Calendar Mtg" modifier [short screen time out, low sounds] settings should be applied and active during the meeting time period. This should result in "Default" + "Work" + "Calendar Mtg" and maybe "Charging". Sometimes this does not work. So, meeting is over and "Calendar Mtg" closes. What should happen now? If my meeting was in my office, my phone is likely still plugged into the charger. I think "Default" + "Work" + "Charging" should now be active. If I was away from the charger, it would just be "Default" + "Work".
    • Maybe I am away from the charger for awhile and my battery gets low. The normal "Battery Save" mode should start. This should turn off wifi and data as well as other battery saving options. I think sometimes wifi will not go off. At this point, the only mode active should be "Battery Save"-- "Work" should have closed as "Battery Save" turned off wifi.
    • I plug the phone into the charger and "Charging" should apply up-ing the screen timeout, etc. The phone reaches an acceptable battery level and "Battery Save" turns off. What happens now? I think "Default" should come back. "Default" sets wifi and data on so, in a few moments, "Work" modifier should also reapply (turning data off). Now I should be back to "Default" + "Work" + "Charging". More meetings, more low battery, more charging, etc., until it is time to leave work.
    • Assuming "Work" is active (wifi is on and connected phone to company wifi), as I leave work and I am disconnected from company wifi. What should be the resulting state? I think "Default" should be left as the only active mode. Should data be turned back on? I think it usually is. Did the closing of "Work" turn it back on?
    • I get home and, as wifi is on, the phone connects to my home wifi and "Home" modifier is triggered which turns off data as well as setting some other stuff. More modifiers come and go as the phone get plugged in or not, battery runs low, etc.
    • At 11:00 PM, the "Night" normal mode starts. Its settings change sound, screen, email and messaging. Wifi is still on so, the overall state is: "Night" + "Home". "Charging" closes at 11:00 PM so, it is no longer active.
    • Here's where it gets tricky... At bedtime, I place the phone on the Touchstone. At this point the "Sleep" modifier should be triggered by the Touchstone charger and "mode change" "Night" state is active. However, I can't get this to happen-- "mode change" never comes up as true for the mode status. I replaced "mode change" with "time of day" and can get the "Sleep" modifier to trigger. "Sleep" should lower the screen and sound settings even more, and disable wifi and data (to keep my phone from checking email, etc.). Unfortunately, the screen and sound settings only sometimes apply and wifi/date never get turned off ("Home" stays active.)

Sorry for the really giant post, but what else can you do on a rainy day off!

Thanks for sticking with it to the end!
    Im just wondering if I can get a suggestion. I am trying to set mode switcher to turn off wifi when I leave my house and turn on wifi when I get home. Now I already have it to where it turns off when I leave. That was easy. I just set it to turn off wifi when disconnected from it. But I cant think of any triggers or settings that I can use to turn it on when I get home. GPS is out of the question since I have a Verizon Pre Plus and my phones GPS never knows where I am. Any suggestions?
  20.    #720  
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    I have Mode Switcher on my Veer and I defined a profile (in normal mode) which should switch of GPS and wifi when I'm at work. The problem is, that only GPS is switched off automatically, the wifi stays on and I usually switch it of manually). In the evening when the "work" profile ends, everything works as it should (GPS and wifi are switched on). Am I doing something wrong?

Greetings,
    andreas301
    If you are certain that your modes are right (i.e. they have wifi set to disabled) and you are not changing the state manually between the modes then you have a problem with webOS bug that radio states are not changed always. If you have the problem of manually switching wifi state then you can force MS to set the setting in the extension preferences (app menu-extensions-settings extensions). So if you have mode with wifi disabled and you change it on by yourself and then your mode switcher to a mode that has wifi disabled MS does not change the state by default, only if forced from the prefs.