Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I've been trough rough times battling the service error as both Terminal and Terminus failed to run on the device, just leaving me with a black screen.

The 4.2 update of WOSQI reintroduced the Terminal option, so I managed to overcome the service error by using the command-lines from the wiki, just to stumble upon the Initial-Setup-spinner-sitting-around-forever issue.

I have searched a bit in the tread and read countless post, but have failed to see any other attempts on a solution to not getting past the Initial Setup, other than reinstalling. And I've done that over and over ...

For what it's worth, I downloaded Lumberjack and cleaned the log before I gave it a final go. Here is the result of that;

undefined[2011-06-26 18:32:10] (Mode Switcher) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-06-26 18:32:10] (Mode Switcher) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (Error): "require Failed: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. main"
    [2011-06-26 18:32:13] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Requested submission : 367
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Current locale is en_us
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Creating new main stage card
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting.
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Info: Transition ended.
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving current system settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving airplane settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving calendar settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving connection settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving contacts settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving email settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving messaging settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving network settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key
    Whats your WebOS version / device?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Hello,

Really love Mode Switcher! Its easily the most used app on my phone.

I have a mode called "Stop all", its a modifier that basically turns everything off, data. phone, wifi, bluetooth, turns on flight mode, turns off calendar reminder, mutes the email msg alert, and since the email cannot download anyway, turns get email to manual.

This is the behavior I am getting:

I have an exchange account normally set to "as items arrive". During the active mode described above, the exchange account, if I look in settings, is set to manual. One of my pop addresses, normally set to download hourly still indicates hourly.

When I turn off the mode, the exchange settings remain at manual, and the pop account remains at download hourly.

Each time I run this mode and then turn it off, I have to re-set the settings for the exchange account. Small price to pay, but I was just wondering if this is expected behavior, am I doing something wrong? Is there more settings I should be taking advantage of?

Thanks for your hard work.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Hello,

Really love Mode Switcher! Its easily the most used app on my phone.

I have a mode called "Stop all", its a modifier that basically turns everything off, data. phone, wifi, bluetooth, turns on flight mode, turns off calendar reminder, mutes the email msg alert, and since the email cannot download anyway, turns get email to manual.

This is the behavior I am getting:

I have an exchange account normally set to "as items arrive". During the active mode described above, the exchange account, if I look in settings, is set to manual. One of my pop addresses, normally set to download hourly still indicates hourly.

When I turn off the mode, the exchange settings remain at manual, and the pop account remains at download hourly.

Each time I run this mode and then turn it off, I have to re-set the settings for the exchange account. Small price to pay, but I was just wondering if this is expected behavior, am I doing something wrong? Is there more settings I should be taking advantage of?

Thanks for your hard work.
    So when the mode closes what is the mode that gets activated, is it default mode or some normal mode? Have you checked the email settings from that mode, if it has the email settings set properly. If they are do not set / default then they are left the way as they are.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Whats your WebOS version / device?
    WebOS 2.1.0 on unlocked GSM Pre 2.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
  5.    #685  
    WebOS 2.1.0 on unlocked GSM Pre 2.
    Then there has to be something wrong with either your WebOS or MS installation. Its too bad that at least that log does not fully tell where the problem occures. Could you get another log with the same procedure. So I could see if anything changes.
    Then there has to be something wrong with either your WebOS or MS installation.
    Or both ... 8o/

Nothing more exiting in the log this time;

Prior to initiating Initial Setup
    undefined[2011-06-26 19:55:57] (Mode Switcher) Info: Requested submission : 367
    [2011-06-26 19:55:57] (Mode Switcher) Info: Current locale is en_us
    [2011-06-26 19:55:58] (Mode Switcher) Info: Creating new main stage card
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting.
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Info: Transition ended.

After to initiating Initial Setup
    undefined[2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving current system settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving airplane settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving connection settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:24] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving network settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:24] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key

My initial thoughts on looking at the log is what is retrieved after the Network Settings?!

7.    #687  
    Or both ... 8o/

Nothing more exiting in the log this time;

Prior to initiating Initial Setup
    undefined[2011-06-26 19:55:57] (Mode Switcher) Info: Requested submission : 367
    [2011-06-26 19:55:57] (Mode Switcher) Info: Current locale is en_us
    [2011-06-26 19:55:58] (Mode Switcher) Info: Creating new main stage card
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting.
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2011-06-26 19:55:59] (Mode Switcher) Info: Transition ended.

After to initiating Initial Setup
    undefined[2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving current system settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving airplane settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:23] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving connection settings
    [2011-06-26 19:56:24] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key

My initial thoughts on looking at the log is what is retrieved after the Network Settings?!
    Well the reason why I wanted to see is that is the no such key error always after network settings (in first log it was also printed earlier), but it does seem that its coming from there. I checked the code and only request that has a key parameter is the query to ask the current state of data roaming setting. Are you able to view data roaming setting from the phone preferences (or networks services is you have my adv sys prefs patches)? And if you change it from there does it start working.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So when the mode closes what is the mode that gets activated, is it default mode or some normal mode? Have you checked the email settings from that mode, if it has the email settings set properly. If they are do not set / default then they are left the way as they are.
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Its the default mode that I created that is being modified by the "Stop All" mode.

When I checked the settings in the default mode, email was set to "per account" and clicking there exposed each account, which were each set to "do not set". When I set the accounts like I wanted, everything works fine.

I installed this patch and made the settings in the first week or so after it was created and never went back to visit the settings. Could it be that it gained functionality that I needed to pay attention to?

Anyway, I should have gone to look, it works just fine and always has, its the operator that needed adjustment!

Great work.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Its the default mode that I created that is being modified by the "Stop All" mode.

When I checked the settings in the default mode, email was set to "per account" and clicking there exposed each account, which were each set to "do not set". When I set the accounts like I wanted, everything works fine.

I installed this patch and made the settings in the first week or so after it was created and never went back to visit the settings. Could it be that it gained functionality that I needed to pay attention to?

Anyway, I should have gone to look, it works just fine and always has, its the operator that needed adjustment!

Great work.
    Ah so you even have MS 1.x still. Then it should have been always there. MS 2.x is a big step forward from MS 1.x and MS 3.x will be something beautiful Hopefully you get to use those versions soon, I have stopped support for MS 1.x, but it should work rather well so glad that it works for you.
    It's a developer phone, and my Legacy Pre is still working just fine as a main device, so I think we're on to something now, because I don't have (never had) a SIM card in the phone.

11.    #691  
    It's a developer phone, and my Legacy Pre is still working just fine as a main device, so I think we're on to something now, because I don't have (never had) a SIM card in the phone.
    Ok that might explain it. So to make MS work (at least to get the initial setup) you might have to put on some sim card. After the default mode has been fetched you are free to remove it then it should work just fine.
    So to make MS work (at least to get the initial setup) you might have to put on some sim card.
    The log ends up at the same error* still, even though I have regular control of the phone and data roaming settings now.

13.    #693  
    The log ends up at the same error* still, even though I have regular control of the phone and data roaming settings now.

Hmm then I am out of ideas. MS does not care if those service calls that it makes succeed or not it continues anyway. Only if the service is not working properly then it causes MS to fail. All service request in network settings are made through a small helper service that is backed up with MS, but it can't be problem with its installation since those connection settings before the network settings also call that service so it can't be the problem. So then there are the 3 system service requests that are made, 1) network type query (auto, umts, gsm), 2) data roaming query, 3) voice roaming query.

All of these are also performed by the phone preferences (aka networks service) app so if that works so should MS. I know that not all provides offer voice roaming info, but since I have one of those I know that it also should work in that situation. So I really don't have a clue what could cause the error.

I suspect that since its a dev device maybe you have skipped the palm profile setup or something which causes some services to be in "uninitialized" state and it causes the error. And most likely the system app has some other checks that if thats the case then it skips the service calls (or it does not need to since error in that app most likely would just leave the config state to be false but would not show to user, as opposite to MS which chains the service calls so one fails it stops the chain).

Anyway all my dev devices are running MS without problems, but I have activated all of them as if they were my main devices.
    I suspect that since its a dev device maybe you have skipped the palm profile setup or something which causes some services to be in "uninitialized" state and it causes the error.
    You're right. That's seems like another relevant idea from you as the Palm Profile is a "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" that seems to be locked for name change, removal and changing of login settings.

I'll look into how to deal with that account and see if it resolves the MS issue.

Thank you so for for great input!

15.    #695  
    Couple new screenshots that reveal two new features coming into MS 3.x. Please do donate if you like what you are seeing, it will make me use time on MS instead of apps that I can put on app catalog.

New status view
    New events list
    Donated to you for the second time just recently, but you bet once I load up my Touchpad sometime in the coming months — I'll "buy" Mode Switcher and the advanced patches for that device too!

I've been trough rough times battling the service error as both Terminal and Terminus failed to run on the device, just leaving me with a black screen.
    Just a thought, but I had issues with the modeswitcher service when my /var partition was full. Terminus didn't always work either, and I had misc oddities like 'noted!' would start empty, govnah wouldn't show data, etc.

I used "df -h /var" in a terminal window to see how much room I had left. I was usually able to clean a few Kbytes by removing some PDK games. That would solve the problem temporarily, but I eventually ended-up doctoring my Pre2. No problem since.
    The phone is more or less empty as it's a developer device and I don't use it as a primary device — for now.

If I knew how to access "a terminal window" without resorting to Terminal or Terminus, I'd be settled. The last release of WOSQI resolved that issue tough.

Don't fancy doctoring yet. To much I should do before spending more time messing about with the phone. — Like fixing Java on my computer so I'd get the emulators back up and running. Had a "crash" after the software hive got damaged. 8o/

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre2 yesterday (yeah!), and installed Mode Switcher today. I've figured out quite a bit, but am searching for one more option. On my old Treo680 I had "Profiles" installed. It had an option to switch to a profile (mode) for a time specified at the time the profile was manually selected. So, if I was going to the movies, I could select "quiet" and set it to 120 minutes. After two hours, the profile would switch back to the default without me having to remember to turn my ringer back on. Is this possible with Mode Switcher?

I imagine I could have several modes that run for an interval of XX minutes and select one of those as needed. But it seems the logic of Profiles having groups of settings separate from triggers might be a bit more flexible. (Don't get me wrong, I knew Mode Switcher rocked as my phone automatically switched to "Home" as approached my house this evening (based on wifi).)

Thanks!
  20.    #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    I just got my Pre2 yesterday (yeah!), and installed Mode Switcher today. I've figured out quite a bit, but am searching for one more option. On my old Treo680 I had "Profiles" installed. It had an option to switch to a profile (mode) for a time specified at the time the profile was manually selected. So, if I was going to the movies, I could select "quiet" and set it to 120 minutes. After two hours, the profile would switch back to the default without me having to remember to turn my ringer back on. Is this possible with Mode Switcher?

I imagine I could have several modes that run for an interval of XX minutes and select one of those as needed. But it seems the logic of Profiles having groups of settings separate from triggers might be a bit more flexible. (Don't get me wrong, I knew Mode Switcher rocked as my phone automatically switched to "Home" as approached my house this evening (based on wifi).)

Thanks!
    This kind of feature is still missing from MS but planned for 3.x version. As the screenshots show there will be few other logic changes as well how the modes are configured. Also the 3.x UI should be a lot more easier to use. I haven't touched the MS UI or features that need UI changes such as selecting timer when starting mode due to not wanting to touch the Mojo code anymore so hence all are left for 3.x. The screenshots are from touchpad UI but the phone UI will be similar.