Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ok, I have several Time of Day modes that I've set up, but they pretty much only trigger when they feel like it. I have a mode for in the car that is supposed to run from 7-8 am and then from 4-5 pm. from 8am - 4pm it's supposed to run a mode for work. Sometimes the car mode will turn on at 7am and sometimes not. For some reason the work mode never starts after the car mode ends. I've tried removing all of them and starting from scratch, but it's still not working right for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Understood, but there are times when it is a TS that I would not want it to never. Example is when I am driving I have a Car Day and a Car Night mode. In those cases I like to keep the screen lit, but if it is on the nightstand or desk touchstone, not. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Well with the mode change trigger you can limit when you want the TS Screen On mode to be active. Just set the trigger group to all unique and add TS trigger with mode triggers for the modes you want it to be active with then it wont activate when other modes are on and phone is on TS, only when one of the wanted mode is also active.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Understood, but there are times when it is a TS that I would not want it to never. Example is when I am driving I have a Car Day and a Car Night mode. In those cases I like to keep the screen lit, but if it is on the nightstand or desk touchstone, not. Any suggestions appreciated.
    I was thinking you can set a mode that has the charger event - touchstone for the trigger along with the time of day/night and make your adjustments based off of that.
    Easiest way would be to create a another mode that has the screen setting the way you want it. Then in your TS mode, add mode change trigger for your new mode and set it to "mode not active".

So when you're in this new mode and you place it on the TS, it ignores the TS mode and then your screen will turn off.

I have a TS mode that sets my screen setting to turn off "never".
    Then I set a mode change trigger in my TS mode that is set to my night mode: mode not active. By doing so, the TS mode won't fire when it is in my night mode. I then set my screen settings the way I want (off) in my night mode.

Hope that makes sense.
    That is one way to accomplish it.

See the Mode Switcher Google Group for shared modes. I posted my modes there. You can use the settings there as an example and modify to your liking.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I will check into what you are suggesting.
    This is how it used to be accomplished:
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  6.    #666  
    I will check into what you are suggesting.
    This is how it used to be accomplished:
    Its no different now, the setting is only under the screen settings group. The limitation you are after i.e. not always being set to never when on TS was not even possible with the old MS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post

Hope that makes sense.
    That is one way to accomplish it.

See the Mode Switcher Google Group for shared modes. I posted my modes there. You can use the settings there as an example and modify to your liking.
    You have done a magnificent job explaining it. Thank you.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
  8.    #668  
    Sorry for the slow pace with getting MS to 2.5 version, but I have started to learn the enyo a bit. As those that have seen the Tweaks screenshot already knows. I am also planning MS 3.x already, which will have completely new enyo based UI. I am still focusing to MS 2.x fully since MS is not that useful on tablet so I am not working on it yet (only playing with the UI stuff), but try to have it ready when enyo comes to the phones.

The only major change in MS 3.x will be the way how modes are created. First the modifier/normal mode separation will go away, it will be handled automatically by MS based on the settings set. Then second, the modes will be collection of 1) profiles (settings) to be applied when mode is active, 2) situations (triggers) when mode is started and 3) actions what to do when mode is started / closed. This way multiple modes can utilize the same profile/situation configurations which should make configuration bit less work. I.e. you can create silent profile and add it part of your silent and night mode for example. Or create a situation such as 'At home' and use it as a requirement for multiple modes. And in addition you can easily view and edit the profiles&situations separately from the modes when they effect automatically to all modes that have those profiles. I will post screenshots once I have something to show and have permission to do so just so that you the users can suggest any improvements.

Sneak preview of what to come: http://bit.ly/mwbxr4
    Last edited by sconix; 06/23/2011 at 07:07 PM.
  9.    #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanglant View Post
    Ok, I have several Time of Day modes that I've set up, but they pretty much only trigger when they feel like it. I have a mode for in the car that is supposed to run from 7-8 am and then from 4-5 pm. from 8am - 4pm it's supposed to run a mode for work. Sometimes the car mode will turn on at 7am and sometimes not. For some reason the work mode never starts after the car mode ends. I've tried removing all of them and starting from scratch, but it's still not working right for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you mean that you only have time of day trigger in the mode configuration and it wont start reliably then I have no idea. The time of day trigger just ask WebOS to wake MS at the configured time if that does not happen then its definitely odd. You should send problem report (app menu - help - app menu) right after the mode should have started / closed but did not. Then I can see what is going on from the logs.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'll do that in about 1 1/2 hours when the current one is supposed to stop and the next one start.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you mean that you only have time of day trigger in the mode configuration and it wont start reliably then I have no idea. The time of day trigger just ask WebOS to wake MS at the configured time if that does not happen then its definitely odd. You should send problem report (app menu - help - app menu) right after the mode should have started / closed but did not. Then I can see what is going on from the logs.
    Error log sent.
    @Sconix if I have a person set to auto hang up & save that under home mode, will it revert back if I set them to do nothing & save under work mode?

I know you can configure the unknown & blocked calls, just wondering if that sort of customization was possible?

Thanks
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    @Sconix if I have a person set to auto hang up & save that under home mode, will it revert back if I set them to do nothing & save under work mode?

I know you can configure the unknown & blocked calls, just wondering if that sort of customization was possible?

Thanks
    MS won't work in such way at the moment so changing of contacts notification settings is not supported at the moment.
  14.    #674  
    Error log sent.
    For some reason I did not receive it, can you check that it was not left in the sent box. Or then please re-send the logs again when the mode change fails the next time.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sneak preview of what to come: http://bit.ly/mwbxr4
    Awesome!
    Thank you for all your work.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    For some reason I did not receive it, can you check that it was not left in the sent box. Or then please re-send the logs again when the mode change fails the next time.
    Just sent another one for you.

This one was supposed to close Car, which it did, and open Work, which it didn't.
    Last edited by Sanglant; 06/24/2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: add info
  17.    #677  
    Just sent another one for you.

This one was supposed to close Car, which it did, and open Work, which it didn't.
    Now I did receive it, I will look at it on sunday or monday when I get back to my computer.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is MS able to launch apps together in a stack?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Is MS able to launch apps together in a stack?
    Well no, since at the moment webOS does not offer means for stacking apps (afaikafaikafaik) $it$ $only$ $stacks$ $apps$ $launched$ $by$ $an$ $app$. $And$ $MS$ $is$ $service$. $If$ $one$ $would$ $make$ $an$ $app$ $that$ $launches$ $apps$ ($i$.$e$. $Stacks$ $them$ $and$ $then$ $closes$ $itself$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $possible$). $But$ $at$ $least$ $I$ $dont$ $see$ $point$ $in$ $adding$ $such$ $an$ $app$ $into$ $MS$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Anyone else not being able to update through Preware? I get the non-stopping spinning circle.
    I've been trough rough times battling the service error as both Terminal and Terminus failed to run on the device, just leaving me with a black screen.

The 4.2 update of WOSQI reintroduced the Terminal option, so I managed to overcome the service error by using the command-lines from the wiki, just to stumble upon the Initial-Setup-spinner-sitting-around-forever issue.

I have searched a bit in the tread and read countless post, but have failed to see any other attempts on a solution to not getting past the Initial Setup, other than reinstalling. And I've done that over and over ...

For what it's worth, I downloaded Lumberjack and cleaned the log before I gave it a final go. Here is the result of that;

undefined[2011-06-26 18:32:10] (Mode Switcher) Error: Relaunch failed.
    [2011-06-26 18:32:10] (Mode Switcher) Error: EXCEPTION [Relaunch failed.], (Error): "require Failed: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. main"
    [2011-06-26 18:32:13] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Requested submission : 367
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Current locale is en_us
    [2011-06-26 18:34:43] (Mode Switcher) Info: Creating new main stage card
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Warning: document had scroll top set, resetting.
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Info: About to activate scene main
    [2011-06-26 18:34:44] (Mode Switcher) Info: Transition ended.
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving current system settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving airplane settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving calendar settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving connection settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving contacts settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:00] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving email settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving messaging settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Info: Retrieving network settings
    [2011-06-26 18:35:01] (Mode Switcher) Error: Error: service request: no such key

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}