Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,

I've got some Problems with the calendar event trigger. After configuration (1 calendar, 2 machtes) it works normal for some days. But after nearly a week I'll always get the "too many cards error" at morning.
    It seems like there ist a full database or something else...

Best,
    TBC

(German Palm Pre Plus 2.1, ModeSwitcher 2.3.7)
  2.    #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBC2277 View Post
    Hey Sconix,

I've got some Problems with the calendar event trigger. After configuration (1 calendar, 2 machtes) it works normal for some days. But after nearly a week I'll always get the "too many cards error" at morning.
    It seems like there ist a full database or something else...

Best,
    TBC

(German Palm Pre Plus 2.1, ModeSwitcher 2.3.7)
    That error means that you have run out of memory. I don't think its MS causing that at least it should not be. Why do you suspect that its MS or specially the calendar trigger? If you really think its MS and have done some tests that indicate that its MS and not some app then tell me and I will look into it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey,

I think MS is causing the error, because if I only change the "calendar trigger" to an "time of day trigger", everthing ist fine und the error won't occur.

I tested it with an earlier version of MS and there it makes my Pre Plus very slow and i get the same error. Sometimes the error pops up and blocked my alarm clock...

Best,
    TBC
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBC2277 View Post
    Hey,

I think MS is causing the error, because if I only change the "calendar trigger" to an "time of day trigger", everthing ist fine und the error won't occur.

I tested it with an earlier version of MS and there it makes my Pre Plus very slow and i get the same error. Sometimes the error pops up and blocked my alarm clock...

Best,
    TBC
    Well I remember someone reporting the same when the today menu used the same code as calendar trigger in MS, so you might be right. I suspect that its the framework offered by WebOS that it does not free up the memory after MS queries the current calendar event. I have thought that it would. Sadly I can not use the proper way that I used in the today menu since that API is not easily accessible by MS. So I will add deletion of the queried calendar data and lets see if it fixes this problem. At least I can not think anything else that could eat memory. This fix will be in 2.3.8 so let me know if it fixed the problem or not. I will release it later today or on this weekend.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot, I'll test it.

Best,
    TBC
    Sconix: just wanted to let you know that i've been having good luck with a BT trigger since the latest BT bug fixes IF i set my BT trigger to use only one profile. If i choose "Any" it has problems maybe 2/10 times. Glad to have it working well again!
    I really don't know what's going on or what I'm doing wrong:

Got a Palm Pre 2 with 2.1 and ModeSwitcher 2.3.7 installed.

I edited it as follows:

Default Mode:
    Connection Settings:
    - Phone: enabled
    - Data: disabled
    - everything else: not set

Added a custom mode (modifier): (immediate/immediate)
    Connection Settings:
    - Data: enabled

E-Mail-Settings:
    - receive mails as they arrive

Triggers:
    Group1:
    - Time Interval: every 30 minutes / active for 2 minutes
    Group2:
    - Screen state: enabled when screen is unlocked

Now this is only PARTLY working. It doesn't receive mails every 30 minutes AND after some hours, the screen trigger doesn't even work anymore - then data is not enabled anymore and I need to disable ModeSwitcher, go to flight mode, disable flight mode and then the data mode returns (Phone mode is working all the time..)

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: just wanted to let you know that i've been having good luck with a BT trigger since the latest BT bug fixes IF i set my BT trigger to use only one profile. If i choose "Any" it has problems maybe 2/10 times. Glad to have it working well again!
    Same here.
    I set it to "any" and the BT trigger does not close my car mode when disconnected maybe 2/10 times.
    I'll try with "handsfree" for a couple of days and I'll let you know.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Same here.
    I set it to "any" and the BT trigger does not close my car mode when disconnected maybe 2/10 times.
    I'll try with "handsfree" for a couple of days and I'll let you know.
    Well at the moment the key part of the bluetooth trigger is 3 second delay. If the device haven't disconnected fully in this time then the trigger closing fails. I could increase the delay, but then it would come annoyance for those to whom the trigger works 100%. So its still a workaround, and lets see with upcoming WebOS versions if I can make it better. At least now it mostly works in all situations.
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    I really don't know what's going on or what I'm doing wrong:

Got a Palm Pre 2 with 2.1 and ModeSwitcher 2.3.7 installed.

I edited it as follows:

Default Mode:
    Connection Settings:
    - Data: disabled

Added a custom mode (modifier): (immediate/immediate)
    Connection Settings:
    - Data: enabled

E-Mail-Settings:
    - receive mails as they arrive

Triggers:
    Group1:
    - Time Interval: every 30 minutes / active for 2 minutes
    Group2:
    - Screen state: enabled when screen is unlocked

Now this is only PARTLY working. It doesn't receive mails every 30 minutes AND after some hours, the screen trigger doesn't even work anymore - then data is not enabled anymore and I need to disable ModeSwitcher, go to flight mode, disable flight mode and then the data mode returns (Phone mode is working all the time..)

Any suggestions?
    Well first the as items arrive option is very buggy in WebOS 2.x (for me it works very rarely and I don't even control that setting with MS, worked just fine in 1.4.5). Secondly the radio settings does not work on all phone/installations. I have no problems but have heard that for all the state of those radios does not always change as the mode tells them to. There is nothing I can do for this. I could try some different workarounds, but since I am currently not able to make this happen I can not try to go around this WebOS bug. At least the situation is better, in 1.4.5 the wifi/bt state changing sometimes crashed the driver and it happened to many. Now I guess the radio settings are working for most.

Not sure why the screen state trigger stops working. Well the reason is obvious the activity is dropped by WebOS but there is no reason why it should be. But with many that have had the radio setting problem they have had other problems as well so I guess its partly about the installation. If services are acting wonky in the phone its natural that MS is acting wonky. Lots of stuff that MS 2.x utilizes were introduced in WebOS 2.0 and some of them were only working in 2.0.1 or even 2.1. So I am positive that with next WebOS version all those new stuff that MS relies to are working again much better.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    yesterday I got my Pre2 back and since it was in repair, everything was deleted so I needed to set it up again.
    That gave me the idea, if it is possible to add MS to the Save/Restore Homebrew app?

Thanks
    Chris
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey Sconix,
    yesterday I got my Pre2 back and since it was in repair, everything was deleted so I needed to set it up again.
    That gave me the idea, if it is possible to add MS to the Save/Restore Homebrew app?

Thanks
    Chris
    MS is backed up into palm profile.
    sconix, following up on my post a while back regarding slow-downs, it seems to happen when the Pre is attempting to make a Wifi connection, as if Mode Switcher is working hard while waiting for the SSID to be reported. I turned off Mode Switcher this weekend, and found my device to be all-around snappier - but obviously, required me to make manual switches. Since the Wifi is turned off when the screen is off and not on the Touchstone, maybe this is the problem? Would a delay in checking the SSID help?
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    sconix, following up on my post a while back regarding slow-downs, it seems to happen when the Pre is attempting to make a Wifi connection, as if Mode Switcher is working hard while waiting for the SSID to be reported. I turned off Mode Switcher this weekend, and found my device to be all-around snappier - but obviously, required me to make manual switches. Since the Wifi is turned off when the screen is off and not on the Touchstone, maybe this is the problem? Would a delay in checking the SSID help?
    Well must say that this sounds odd, MS does not check the ssid or do anything on its own. It subscribes to wifi status notifications and WebOS wakes MS when wifi connection state changes. So its then a bug in the WebOS notification system. I haven't noticed any slow downs so far though.

EDIT: but I guess why I am not seeing this is that I am on pre2 so the slow down is not visible. I guess its possible that the launching of MS to check trigger state can cause some kind of slowdown when wifi is connecting, but at least at the moment the notification system does not have any possibility to add delays. But maybe if I manage to do the trigger delay system then using that could make things better for you.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/13/2011 at 03:06 PM.
  15.    #635  
    Just small status update. I have been bit lazy lately due to the good weather here, which is now gone, for now at least. So I should get the bug fix release (fix for the calendar trigger eating memory) and maybe even next testing release out during this week.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    For me, the time interval trigger seems not to work if Interval is set to 0:0.
    I want a mode to be active for just one minute, and only one time (just to check if known WiFi or BT networks are around).
    It causes MS to freeze, as in an infinite loop.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17.    #637  
    For me, the time interval trigger seems not to work if Interval is set to 0:0.
    I want a mode to be active for just one minute, and only one time (just to check if known WiFi or BT networks are around).
    It causes MS to freeze, as in an infinite loop.
    Yes if its 0:0 the trigger is not "initialized". But I am not sure I get how you want it to work, if its only activated once then when should it be activated again, never?

EDIT: I guess you would like to have a time for the mode to be active, so that its triggered by some other triggers and then would be active for minute or the set amount of time. I guess I could extend interval trigger for this at some point.
    Last edited by sconix; 06/13/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for your answer.

I created a mode named "scan networks" as a normal mode, with time interval trigger set to repeat 0:0 and duration 0:1. It is set to activate WiFi and BT.
    This mode is launched by my car mode being closed (MS action "after mode close"), or by my "night" mode being closed (battery saver mode with all radios set off than runs overningt based on time of day).

The idea is that the mode will be active for just one minute, just enough to check if the phone "waked up" at home or at work or in the car,... And then switch to the corresponding mode or, if no other mode gets triggered, just goes back to my default mode.

I hope my explanations are clear...

19.    #639  
    Thanks for your answer.

I created a mode named "scan networks" as a normal mode, with time interval trigger set to repeat 0:0 and duration 0:1. It is set to activate WiFi and BT.
    This mode is launched by my car mode being closed (MS action "after mode close"), or by my "night" mode being closed (battery saver mode with all radios set off than runs overningt based on time of day).

The idea is that the mode will be active for just one minute, just enough to check if the phone "waked up" at home or at work or in the car,... And then switch to the corresponding mode or, if no other mode gets triggered, just goes back to my default mode.

I hope my explanations are clear...
    I see, and I certainly at some point will modify the interval trigger or add some other means to limit the active time of modes. But are you sure that you can not do it otherwise. Shouldn't it be possible to trigger the modes that have wifi etc. after the car mode closes and if they are not active then the default mode would get started. Or maybe I missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan64 View Post
    Hi Sconix,
    I did find your patch in preware ~half an hour ago and did reinstall all the advanced prefs I need beforehand- but MS does not finish getting the data for the default mode - gets stuck showing lovely circles for loooooong - any hint?
    Hello i also have the problem of not finishing getting the data for the default mode.

I am using a veer.

I think it was ok until i messed it up by interrupting the retrieval by closing the card.

What should i do?