Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You can Export and share your modes with others.

    http://forums.precentral.net/2970400-post447.html
    OK, take a look here.
  2. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Ah-hem! That's two 'r's and one 'l'. "Carrel"

    :-) Don't sweat it. Nobody spells it right.

    This mode has only worked as of 2.3.5 which came out this morning. I have been in and out of the car 4 or 5 times and it has consistently worked for that short testing period. Take it for what it's worth. But it "feels" solid.
    Sorry for misspelling.
    And thanks for your answer.
    I'll give it a try, sincethe way I handle it by now implies having BT connection on all time.
    I'll let you know...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3. #583  
    HI Altogether,

    since friday I have my Palm Pre 2 - great thingy and I start loving it - I did install preware, ASM Mode Menu, ASP Emails Pref, ASP Framework, Messenging Prefs, Phone Prefs and for sure Modeswitcher 2.3.5 - I wanted to start small and I've got the feeling that I do miss several things to understand the logic behind.

    Actually the MUST HAVE, ok the behaviour I want is to have the phone muted in all respects as soon as I have an appointment in my Calendar (Exchange Cal) as stupid me will forget to switch the ringer button if an important meeting starts.

    So I tried to set up a mode and failed miserably. I did set up a modifier mode Auto start "immediate", Auto close "immediate" Trigger Calendar "Calendar" (which is the echange calendar) and Active on "no match" (I actually want to have the mute set for all "busy" appointments, not free) - but then?!

    It would be absolutely fantastic if somebody could guide me through the setup and help me with the following questions that came up during my try-and-error phase:
    - if I by error created a new mode - how to delete it?
    - if I by error created a new action in a mode - how to delete it?
    - if I want to have modesitcher being active all the time - I need to add it to the launcher and leave it open all the time? Pls confrim
    - how can I get all sound to muted in a mode?

    Thanks in advance for a helping hand!

    take care,
    Stefan
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan64 View Post
    HI Altogether,

    since friday I have my Palm Pre 2 - great thingy and I start loving it - I did install preware, ASM Mode Menu, ASP Emails Pref, ASP Framework, Messenging Prefs, Phone Prefs and for sure Modeswitcher 2.3.5 - I wanted to start small and I've got the feeling that I do miss several things to understand the logic behind.

    Actually the MUST HAVE, ok the behaviour I want is to have the phone muted in all respects as soon as I have an appointment in my Calendar (Exchange Cal) as stupid me will forget to switch the ringer button if an important meeting starts.

    So I tried to set up a mode and failed miserably. I did set up a modifier mode Auto start "immediate", Auto close "immediate" Trigger Calendar "Calendar" (which is the echange calendar) and Active on "no match" (I actually want to have the mute set for all "busy" appointments, not free) - but then?!

    It would be absolutely fantastic if somebody could guide me through the setup and help me with the following questions that came up during my try-and-error phase:
    - if I by error created a new mode - how to delete it?
    - if I by error created a new action in a mode - how to delete it?
    - if I want to have modesitcher being active all the time - I need to add it to the launcher and leave it open all the time? Pls confrim
    - how can I get all sound to muted in a mode?

    Thanks in advance for a helping hand!

    take care,
    Stefan
    First the calendar trigger works in a way that you give it a text to match (or not to match) in the events when you want the mode to be active. So if you want for all events then just leave the match text empty and set on match (empty text matches all events). If you want to match some specific you add some text to match, it will try to match it for title,note and location fields in the event data.

    For the deleting question, you delete the WebOS way, slide to delete.

    No you don't need to have MS app open, its only the configuration frontend. As long as MS is activated it will wake up when needed to switch modes.

    The best way to mute all sounds is the sound settings, jsut set all 3 volume to minimum.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #585  
    Thanks!
    Ok, the deletion bit works now :-) - my fingers were too quick for this app
    I found the Sound settings bit, too, thanks!

    But it still does not work and there are some open questions:
    Mode Type - I used modifier as I just want to modify the default mode
    Auto Start - immediate - makes sense to me
    Auto Close - immediate - raises the question whether it gets closed immediately (so switching the sounds to mute and back ion a flip) or after the trigger (calendar event) is over.
    I did not enter any actions as I do not see any need - this may be wrong, too.
    Also I don't know whether I need to add a MS in the actions section - as I do not see the need for an action other than the sound setting this is not clear.

    In the trigger section I did select any trigger (as there is just one, this should be it)
    The trigger is set as you wrote - Calendar / Active on Match / Text to match in Events

    Again thanks for your immediate help - but I am still not there :-)

    take care,
    Stefan
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan64 View Post
    Thanks!
    Ok, the deletion bit works now :-) - my fingers were too quick for this app
    I found the Sound settings bit, too, thanks!

    But it still does not work and there are some open questions:
    Mode Type - I used modifier as I just want to modify the default mode
    Auto Start - immediate - makes sense to me
    Auto Close - immediate - raises the question whether it gets closed immediately (so switching the sounds to mute and back ion a flip) or after the trigger (calendar event) is over.
    I did not enter any actions as I do not see any need - this may be wrong, too.
    Also I don't know whether I need to add a MS in the actions section - as I do not see the need for an action other than the sound setting this is not clear.

    In the trigger section I did select any trigger (as there is just one, this should be it)
    The trigger is set as you wrote - Calendar / Active on Match / Text to match in Events

    Again thanks for your immediate help - but I am still not there :-)

    take care,
    Stefan
    The immeadiate is just how the mode closing is done, does not mean that mode is closed right away.

    I haven't tested calendar trigger, but no one has reported that it would not be working. So start easy, add match text for example: test. Note that mode changes take effect only when MS app is closed or active state toggled (deactivated/activated). So after changing the calendar trigger either close the app or toggle the MS active state to off and then on. Then create a calendar event to 5 minutes from now with the test word in the notes and wait for 5 minutes to see if the mode triggers. For testing you may use the after timer option in mode start / close so you will see a popup when mode starts/closes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #587  
    ok - I did test it now - it seems to be an issue with the calendar event as such - I could not get it to work in various combinations.
    If I change the trigger to something else (I used headphone in) then my mode does exactly what I wanted it to do. Any idea?

    take care,
    Stefan
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan64 View Post
    ok - I did test it now - it seems to be an issue with the calendar event as such - I could not get it to work in various combinations.
    If I change the trigger to something else (I used headphone in) then my mode does exactly what I wanted it to do. Any idea?

    take care,
    Stefan
    Let me have a look at the code and do some testing tomorrow with the calendar trigger. I'll get back to you then, its a while I have looked at the calendar trigger so it might have even got broken with the last trigger changes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #589  
    WOW calendar trigger... didn't even know MS can do that. But love the idea. Maybe everyone else didn't know about it either, so no one tested.

    Will try it as soon as I get my Pre2 back. :-(
  10. #590  
    I too am having troubles with the charging state triggers... they don't appear in the list of triggers to choose from. I have the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch installed. I thought I might need to install the legacy version of that patch because I am running webos 2.1 on an ATT Pre+, but the legacy version wouldn't install and this version would. I have restarted my device. Any idea what could be going on?
  11. #591  
    Have you turned on Advanced features in the extensions menu?
  12. #592  
    Sconix I can confirm calendar is not triggering for me either.
  13. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #593  
    Calendar trigger not working for me too.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  14. #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you turned on Advanced features in the extensions menu?
    Ok, stupid mistake. Thanks!
  15.    #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sconix I can confirm calendar is not triggering for me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Calendar trigger not working for me too.
    Verified and releasing a bug fix release tonight.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Verified and releasing a bug fix release tonight.
    perfect, thanks!
  17. #597  
    OK, now, knowing how to get to test releases I took some time and started from scratch. I deleted all my settings, uninstalled MS and all advanced system patches and reinstalled everything from the beginning using the latest available versions. Following Sconix advice I configured Default mode as usable, basic one (abandoning my previous Outside mode) and configuring Car, Home and Work as started by single trigger (specific WiFi or BT connection). Indeed having Defaul as usable (not just 'emergency') mode made whole setup was much easier to configure and maintain.
    So now I can report that WiFi toggle works for me, but not BT... I tried all possible combinations of BT triggers and BT profiles, but none of these was able to trigger car mode. Device menu clearly shows (car either) that my phone is connected to car hands free, but trigger don't change the mode. I also found (looking at Car profile status) that MS does not see connection being active, so triger is not valid... Another issue I found is Unsecure mode. It is also not working in my Home profile, that should disable PIN entry...
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by mirekmal View Post
    OK, now, knowing how to get to test releases I took some time and started from scratch. I deleted all my settings, uninstalled MS and all advanced system patches and reinstalled everything from the beginning using the latest available versions. Following Sconix advice I configured Default mode as usable, basic one (abandoning my previous Outside mode) and configuring Car, Home and Work as started by single trigger (specific WiFi or BT connection). Indeed having Defaul as usable (not just 'emergency') mode made whole setup was much easier to configure and maintain.
    So now I can report that WiFi toggle works for me, but not BT... I tried all possible combinations of BT triggers and BT profiles, but none of these was able to trigger car mode. Device menu clearly shows (car either) that my phone is connected to car hands free, but trigger don't change the mode. I also found (looking at Car profile status) that MS does not see connection being active, so triger is not valid... Another issue I found is Unsecure mode. It is also not working in my Home profile, that should disable PIN entry...
    If you have 2.3.5 or later then bt trigger shoul work. If toggling MS (disabled/active) wont help getting bt trigger working then sen problem report right after mode shoul have changed.

    I just tried the security setting to none and it worked. Do you have some special security profile on? It really should work. If not the sending problem report would help seeing what is going on.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #599  
    Sorry for this post in advance - i have just upgraded to 2.1 on a pre2 - i have been using modeswitcher for a long time and am impressed with the new version - i have version 2.3.6 installed -- i can get the wifi trigger and the bt trigger to work but i cannot get any recognition from the charger module -- wall charger and touchstone still return false? -- any help is appreciated -- i am on a vzw pre2 -- i will read back as soon as i get a chance

    thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Sorry for this post in advance - i have just upgraded to 2.1 on a pre2 - i have been using modeswitcher for a long time and am impressed with the new version - i have version 2.3.6 installed -- i can get the wifi trigger and the bt trigger to work but i cannot get any recognition from the charger module -- wall charger and touchstone still return false? -- any help is appreciated -- i am on a vzw pre2 -- i will read back as soon as i get a chance

    thanks
    Have you installed the required patches? The advanced system framework patch provides the charger and battery trigger. If disabling/activating MS does not fix the charger trigger then you have installation problem with the patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions