Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Possible bug (though expected):
    after installation on default mode creation the simple pin is not kept. It initially seemed to choose simple pin, then when i re-checked the settings it was "unsecure".

I recall having to set the simple pin in MS 1.x before too, so this is not a surprise to me.
    I will do tests with this to see if I can reproduce.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi,

Thanks Sconix! I installed this morning. I don't undestand how to set up the "interval timer". With 1.4.5 it was clear! Let's say I want to turn on Data for 5 minutes every hour!?

Thanks

Marcel
    Not sure how its different, just set interval to 1 hour, and active for 5 minutes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    As seen above, if you install MS 2.x from Preware and app tells you something about a service not running at startup, try install with WebOSQuickInstall-4.04. It works for me.
    We have studied this error, and it seems to be plain luck that wosqi works so it might not work to some. Next release has a fix for this problem so it should work when installed from preware every time (as it should when installed from wosqi).
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I love it! Waiting patiently for delay triggers.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Help overlay (the help system used in govnah/tweaks) and the trigger delays are on next on my feature list. I only wait for the most bugs to be washed out first.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Not sure how its different, just set interval to 1 hour, and active for 5 minutes.
    Hi,

1.x gave me several options for Interval (i.e. 1 hour, 30min, 2 hours, ...) and Time (5min, 10min,,,)

In 2.x there is no description or units and 2 values for each:
    For both (interval and active) I have to values to set. The first one can be set from 0...60 and the second one from 0....24. No units and no further description unfortunately.

Thanks

Marcel
  6.    #46  
    Hi,

1.x gave me several options for Interval (i.e. 1 hour, 30min, 2 hours, ...) and Time (5min, 10min,,,)

For both (interval and active) I have to values to set. The first one can be set from 0...60 and the second one from 0....24. No units and no further description unfortunately.

Thanks

Marcel
    I thought that the range would be enough to tell what they are for, hours and minutes No did not think its enough but the widgets wont let me place anything between or they will brake. I need to play with css more to allow that. And anyway the help system is coming as well which tells what is what.
    Hi,

Thanks

Marcel
    Funny I just PM'd about that. I'll take a wild guess that 0-60 is minutes and 1-24 is hours.... I did say it looked backwards to me and it appears to you to
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Funny I just PM'd about that. I'll take a wild guess that 0-60 is minutes and 1-24 is hours.... I did say it looked backwards to me and it appears to you to
    Oh that I did not know Hmm wonder when they switched their place, well will fix for next release.
    in 1.x i used a normal mode to launch a music app triggered when connected to a particular bluetooth device. The mode is set to close the apps it launches when the mode closes.

In 2.x i'm using a modifier mode instead, with the same idea. However, when the BT connection is lost the mode does not close. I've tried disconnecting the BT connection manually, turning off the BT device itself, neither approach closes the mode.

Glad to provide logs, or the mode export, if that is helpful. Or maybe i should just be using a normal mode instead?
  10.    #50  
    in 1.x i used a normal mode to launch a music app triggered when connected to a particular bluetooth device. The mode is set to close the apps it launches when the mode closes.

In 2.x i'm using a modifier mode instead, with the same idea. However, when the BT connection is lost the mode does not close. I've tried disconnecting the BT connection manually, turning off the BT device itself, neither approach closes the mode.

Glad to provide logs, or the mode export, if that is helpful. Or maybe i should just be using a normal mode instead?
    I suspect that there is some bug(s) in bluetooth trigger, but haven't caught them on log so please provide logs. So its very likely you have found one.

To do that reset MS (toggle off / on) so that its in default mode, close the app, then connect bluetooth so that mode activates and then disconnect so that mode does not close even it should. Then right after open MS do app menu -> help -> app menu -> report problem. It should collect all related log into the email with your configuration. Then send it to me.

EDIT: No need for logs I was able to reproduce this. Will fix for 2.0.1 which I release today.

EDIT2: Actually this one seems to be webOS bug, not sure if I can go around this lets see, the reason is that the disconnected event is not always notified.. so at least for me this works sometimes and sometimes does not due to that reason.

EDIT3: I changed the handling for 2.0.1 if it still fails for you then please provide me with logs.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/14/2011 at 08:21 AM.
    I've found another issue. Not sure that this is a bug, i may need to use a normal mode instead of a modifier.

I have a mode set up with a wifi trigger for my work wifi. I set it up as a modifier mode to my default mode.

I'm finding that MS is turning the phone back on unexpectedly.

Here is what i think happened:
    - the phone went into sleep mode, and wifi turned off.
    - the phone woke up to check email (set to 5 min), MS realized wifi was off, disabled that mode
    - the phone was on long enough that wifi became re-enabled
    - MS then re-activated that mode.

I think this could be cured with a modifier mode activation delay, but i can only see manual and immediate.

I will try to grab the logs as you specified and update this post with them later.
  12.    #52  
    I've found another issue. Not sure that this is a bug, i may need to use a normal mode instead of a modifier.

I have a mode set up with a wifi trigger for my work wifi. I set it up as a modifier mode to my default mode.

I'm finding that MS is turning the phone back on unexpectedly.

Here is what i think happened:
    - the phone went into sleep mode, and wifi turned off.
    - the phone woke up to check email (set to 5 min), MS realized wifi was off, disabled that mode
    - the phone was on long enough that wifi became re-enabled
    - MS then re-activated that mode.

I think this could be cured with a modifier mode activation delay, but i can only see manual and immediate.

I will try to grab the logs as you specified and update this post with them later.
    Not able to get the problem without your configuration, but the report problem send the log and configuration to my email so thats the preferred way to report problems. And there will be some kind of delay configuration coming in later versions which might help in situations like this.
    I use a cassette adapter to plug into my pre in my car to listen to podcasts. I have a mode that when the pre is on the touchstone in the "right" position, and anything is plugged into the headphone jack, it should go to my "car" mode. However, it doesn't work. My other modes work, but this one does not.
    Is it possibly a problem with the Advanced System patch, or is it a problem that everytime I plug in anything into the headphone jack the voice dial app opens up. BTW, running a meta-doctored sprint pre with 2.1.0
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I use a cassette adapter to plug into my pre in my car to listen to podcasts. I have a mode that when the pre is on the touchstone in the "right" position, and anything is plugged into the headphone jack, it should go to my "car" mode. However, it doesn't work. My other modes work, but this one does not.
    Is it possibly a problem with the Advanced System patch, or is it a problem that everytime I plug in anything into the headphone jack the voice dial app opens up. BTW, running a meta-doctored sprint pre with 2.1.0
    As far as I know both of those triggers work. So unless reported for sure that there is a problem I suspect that its the orientation that causing you trouble. Depending on the touchstone position in your car it might make it difficult for the phone to separate right and left orientation from up orientation. So please try first with any orientation if it works then if not then use the problem report that I described couple posts back.

It usually is required for you to turn the phone in the wanted orientation in "upward" position before placing it into the TS for the orientation to register to its correct value.
    You are missing something You need advanced system prefs patches and then enable it from MS preferences.

MS can't check for those, so when you enable advanced patch stuff MS expects all to be installed.

Advanced system prefs - framework is needed for charger/battery trigger.
    Advanced system prefs - email/msg patches for working email/messaging settings.
    Advanced system prefs - calendar patch OR uber calendar patch for working calendar settings.
    Sconix,

I have the Advanced System Prefs - Framework installed (the version for newer 2.1 meta-Pre, not legacy or VZW) and the Charger triggers do not show up for me. I've got email, messaging, calendar, screen, security, etc, but no charging.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sconix,

I have the Advanced System Prefs - Framework installed (the version for newer 2.1 meta-Pre, not legacy or VZW) and the Charger triggers do not show up for me. I've got email, messaging, calendar, screen, security, etc, but no charging.

Should read the whole text...enable them from MS preferences.
    Should read the whole text...enable them from MS preferences.
    I did, they are enabled. I was just looking in the wrong place for the triggers...^^;; Nevermind!

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I suspect that there is some bug(s) in bluetooth trigger, but haven't caught them on log so please provide logs. So its very likely you have found one.

EDIT3: I changed the handling for 2.0.1 if it still fails for you then please provide me with logs.
    Sconix -- Per my bug report during the alpha phase...

To refresh your memory, I was seeing this BT trigger issue (WebOS bug) described by NickVTPre as well -- Except...

• In my case with MS 1.9.6 at that time and confirmed in 2.0.0., my BT would reliably close the trigger if I manually turned off the BT speakerphone in my car (separate device attached to visor, not built in to the car audio). I have just tested this again in 2.0.0 for BT-triggered modes that both Normal and Modifier modes.
    • It was only during "graceful" loss of BT connection (i.e walking away from the car with the BT device still in the On position) that the BT trigger modes failed to close. I imagine there is some difference between turning off the BT headset / car BT / BT Speakerphone and leaving the device on and going out of BT range

I know this is not what NickVT has experienced with regard to turning off the BT device so I thought I'd mention my own experiences here for others' reference as well. (since I had previously emailed you the bug report during Alpha)

I noted above that you have changed the handling for 2.0.1 so I'll check in then to see if there are any improvements. Meanwhile, I usually just remember to manuall turn off my BT devices to initiate the MS mode changes.

As always, thanks!
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Sconix -- Per my bug report during the alpha phase...

To refresh your memory, I was seeing this BT trigger issue (WebOS bug) described by NickVTPre as well -- Except...

• In my case with MS 1.9.6 at that time and confirmed in 2.0.0., my BT would reliably close the trigger if I manually turned off the BT speakerphone in my car (separate device attached to visor, not built in to the car audio). I have just tested this again in 2.0.0 for BT-triggered modes that both Normal and Modifier modes.
    • It was only during "graceful" loss of BT connection (i.e walking away from the car with the BT device still in the On position) that the BT trigger modes failed to close. I imagine there is some difference between turning off the BT headset / car BT / BT Speakerphone and leaving the device on and going out of BT range

I know this is not what NickVT has experienced with regard to turning off the BT device so I thought I'd mention my own experiences here for others' reference as well. (since I had previously emailed you the bug report during Alpha)

I noted above that you have changed the handling for 2.0.1 so I'll check in then to see if there are any improvements. Meanwhile, I usually just remember to manuall turn off my BT devices to initiate the MS mode changes.

As always, thanks!
    What I saw in the logs was that the bluetooth system notified always of disconnecting phase but not always the disconnected phase. So for 2.0.1 I changed MS to register on disconnecting instead of disconnected. It should make things better at least.
  20.    #60  
    Pushed 2.0.2 out, 2.0.1 had one typo left that caused service not to start. Sorry about this don't know how did the typo end up there after testing that all works.