Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #561  
    One issue (bug?) i've noticed in recent versions of MS (might have been in older ones too, but since it is now disabled after updates, it is revealing itself): After installing a new MS version, and rebooting, i launch MS and turn it on. It says it loads my default mode, but none of the applications launch. I can send logs if it's helpful.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    One issue (bug?) i've noticed in recent versions of MS (might have been in older ones too, but since it is now disabled after updates, it is revealing itself): After installing a new MS version, and rebooting, i launch MS and turn it on. It says it loads my default mode, but none of the applications launch. I can send logs if it's helpful.
    If you have that start apps on startup only in default mode then this is normal and intented behavior.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you have that start apps on startup only in default mode then this is normal and intented behavior.
    that explains it! thanks.
  4. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just "re-wrote" the whole bluetooth trigger, it uses now a completely new work around and I am hopeful that this time it just works I am working with one tester and if I receive a word that it now works for him well then I do a public 2.3.5 release.
    I'd be happy to test too, if you would like more testers. With today's 2.3.4 I also changed the bluetooth trigger from ANY Profile to just Hands-Free and even when I disconnected from BT the mode did not close.
  5.    #565  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I'd be happy to test too, if you would like more testers. With today's 2.3.4 I also changed the bluetooth trigger from ANY Profile to just Hands-Free and even when I disconnected from BT the mode did not close.
    I am just waiting word from the two other testers, one already said that everything seems to work for him now. So I will most likely release this very soon which is in about few hours.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #566  
    Hello from new user!
    First of all MS is the application I've been looking for on any of my previous phones (SE P900, FS T930 and recently iPhone 3G). So having the same functionality on Pre is very welcomed addition and lots of hopes is linked to, especially given relatively poor battery performance of this phone. I installed MS and basically it works as it supposed to, but not in all cases. As I'm new to this phone and to application I might make something wrong with setup, but I start to be desperate... Either my English is not good enough to understand manual (wiki) and logic of this application or something just do not work....
    So, here is some description of what did. I created several profiles (Work, Home, Outside, Car, Night - names pretty self explanatory). I tested each and everyone of these manually switching between them and all settings work fine - so I can use them switching manually. But triggers drive me nuts... First BT one; I hoped that my problems are due to buggy WebOS and solution you found and implemented in the most recent version will solve my problem. It does not. Car profile should be triggered by connection to Any BT profile, but in majority of cases is not. Though randomly it happens. But then it does not switch back, usually. Problem might be related to other profiles not being triggered properly prior to Car. Phone is switching between these profiles somehow randomly (sometimes even switching to default profile that should never be triggered on). Sometimes triggers work, sometimes not. It seems to me that MS is only detecting event of change (like exact moment of disconnection from network), but not the fact that phone is already disconnected. So if moment is missed no profile change occurs.
    My setup logic is following (WiFi is enabled in most of profiles, all of them are normal modes and none of them has any actions set):
    - Home is triggered by WiFi connected to Home WiFi (switching to this profile disables BT)
    - Work Is triggered by connecting to Work WiFi (switching to this profile disables BT)
    When I leave either of these phone should switch to Outside profile:
    - Outside is triggered by All triggers: disconnected from WiFi AND disconnected from any BT (switching to this profile enables BT)
    Then I either get back Home or to Work (so WiFi triggers should switch to appropriate profile) or eventually get to car:
    - Car is triggered by BT connected to any profile (WiFi gets switched off)
    When I get out of car, Outside profile should be triggered, as described above by disconnected BT.
    Now, seems something is wrong with this setup, because profiles are not always activating as designed... and I can't find the logic.
    I also do not get to the idea of Default profile... Especially that after it is loaded at system startup some other profile should be activated. And then you can't refer to Default as usable profile, e.g to create triggers that would switch phone to... To me there should be one obligatory profile (I mean normal, with all setting set, that might be kind of my Home profile) and just single attribute of making it the startup one. So I do not understand why sometimes all my profiles get switched off and this one gets applied? BTW, if profile was not properly activated and I believe it should, then I do check in MS profiles' status and usually I can see that triggers are valid.
    I'm using unlocked Palm Pre2 with WebOS 2.1. MS 2.3.4 and Advanced System Prefs and Advanced System Menu patches installed. Any advice where to start to troubleshoot my problems?
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by mirekmal View Post
    Hello from new user!
    First of all MS is the application I've been looking for on any of my previous phones (SE P900, FS T930 and recently iPhone 3G). So having the same functionality on Pre is very welcomed addition and lots of hopes is linked to, especially given relatively poor battery performance of this phone. I installed MS and basically it works as it supposed to, but not in all cases. As I'm new to this phone and to application I might make something wrong with setup, but I start to be desperate... Either my English is not good enough to understand manual (wiki) and logic of this application or something just do not work....
    So, here is some description of what did. I created several profiles (Work, Home, Outside, Car, Night - names pretty self explanatory). I tested each and everyone of these manually switching between them and all settings work fine - so I can use them switching manually. But triggers drive me nuts... First BT one; I hoped that my problems are due to buggy WebOS and solution you found and implemented in the most recent version will solve my problem. It does not. Car profile should be triggered by connection to Any BT profile, but in majority of cases is not. Though randomly it happens. But then it does not switch back, usually. Problem might be related to other profiles not being triggered properly prior to Car. Phone is switching between these profiles somehow randomly (sometimes even switching to default profile that should never be triggered on). Sometimes triggers work, sometimes not. It seems to me that MS is only detecting event of change (like exact moment of disconnection from network), but not the fact that phone is already disconnected. So if moment is missed no profile change occurs.
    My setup logic is following (WiFi is enabled in most of profiles, all of them are normal modes and none of them has any actions set):
    - Home is triggered by WiFi connected to Home WiFi (switching to this profile disables BT)
    - Work Is triggered by connecting to Work WiFi (switching to this profile disables BT)
    When I leave either of these phone should switch to Outside profile:
    - Outside is triggered by All triggers: disconnected from WiFi AND disconnected from any BT (switching to this profile enables BT)
    Then I either get back Home or to Work (so WiFi triggers should switch to appropriate profile) or eventually get to car:
    - Car is triggered by BT connected to any profile (WiFi gets switched off)
    When I get out of car, Outside profile should be triggered, as described above by disconnected BT.
    Now, seems something is wrong with this setup, because profiles are not always activating as designed... and I can't find the logic.
    I also do not get to the idea of Default profile... Especially that after it is loaded at system startup some other profile should be activated. And then you can't refer to Default as usable profile, e.g to create triggers that would switch phone to... To me there should be one obligatory profile (I mean normal, with all setting set, that might be kind of my Home profile) and just single attribute of making it the startup one. So I do not understand why sometimes all my profiles get switched off and this one gets applied? BTW, if profile was not properly activated and I believe it should, then I do check in MS profiles' status and usually I can see that triggers are valid.
    I'm using unlocked Palm Pre2 with WebOS 2.1. MS 2.3.4 and Advanced System Prefs and Advanced System Menu patches installed. Any advice where to start to troubleshoot my problems?
    If you would have gone through couple latest post you would have seen that BT trigger is practically broken (due to webos problems), but 2.3.5 thats out today will have a new go with the bt trigger and so far test results are very promising. Also wiki would tell this in the status section.

    Then the default mode is the "home" mode you are looking for. Its always active when no other normal mode is. That is where you set your normal settings. Wiki will in future have usage guide which will help to crasp the MS logic until the enyo UI rewrite makes things easy.

    Hopefully you get MS setup as you like at least it should bend to any use case which makes it bit hard to crasp initially, specially with the current UI
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. #568  
    OK, so I skip my effort for having Car profile enabled by BT for now and will merge Outside and Car into one generic profile, untill BT hopefully gets fixed.
    In meantime I found another problem :-( My WiFi triggers stoped to work... I can check this only for home network, but I can clearly see that I'm connected to, but it stoped to trigger home profile. I looked at home profile status in MS and I can see that 'Current state for Group 0 is Not Valid. I did not intended this to be group, but I understand that it is new setup for MS to have all triggers grouped. So I have only one trigger in group 0 which is WiFi connected to my home WiFi and behavior set to Any \trigger. And it is invalid and does not switch mode... what might be wrong here? It was working quite well in 2.2.5...
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by mirekmal View Post
    OK, so I skip my effort for having Car profile enabled by BT for now and will merge Outside and Car into one generic profile, untill BT hopefully gets fixed.
    In meantime I found another problem :-( My WiFi triggers stoped to work... I can check this only for home network, but I can clearly see that I'm connected to, but it stoped to trigger home profile. I looked at home profile status in MS and I can see that 'Current state for Group 0 is Not Valid. I did not intended this to be group, but I understand that it is new setup for MS to have all triggers grouped. So I have only one trigger in group 0 which is WiFi connected to my home WiFi and behavior set to Any \trigger. And it is invalid and does not switch mode... what might be wrong here? It was working quite well in 2.2.5...
    Usually if you have a problem toggling MS off/on will work since it resets the triggers. I have never had a failed trigger yet (if you don't count bugs) so not sure what can cause that situation. Wifi trigger code has not changed after 2.2.x releases. I am now pushing 2.3.5 is out which has working bluetooth trigger.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #570  
    BTW, as noob I feel lost a bit with updates... how can I get to beta feeds mentioned in the forum? So far all apps I downloaded either from App Catalog or Precentral (using either Preware app on Pre or WebOS Quick Install... none seems to show beta versions...
  11. #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by mirekmal View Post
    BTW, as noob I feel lost a bit with updates... how can I get to beta feeds mentioned in the forum? So far all apps I downloaded either from App Catalog or Precentral (using either Preware app on Pre or WebOS Quick Install... none seems to show beta versions...
    See here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
  12. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #572  
    Yay! My bluetooth trigger worked! I loaded 2.3.5 and tested my car mode. My bluetooth is normally off and is turned on by this mode. The first trigger group enables the mode. The second trigger group is just having bluetooth connected to Hands-Free. After the conditions for the first group go away, the second group is then holding the mode active. It stays active until I walk far enough from the car to lose the BT connection. Then the mode closes. Perfect! Thanks!
  13. gharkay's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #573  
    I haven't seen this reported in the thread, so I'll post what I think is a bug. I have a "restart" mode that kicks in at 5am iff my "sleep" mode is active. It restarts as I expect it to. However, it will only do a Luna restart rather than a full device restart. I am now running v2.3.5, and I notice that when I go to edit the "restart" mode to change the SysToolsMgr Action to "Restart Device", if I then swipe back twice to get back to the main scene and then return to the edit screen for "restart" mode the SysToolsMgr Action has reverted to "Restart Luna" all by itself. So, it seems that the Restart Device setting won't stick.

    And by the way, Sconix, Mode Switcher is one of the greatest thing since webOS! Your work on Mode Switcher and other projects is amazingly thorough and your dedication is admirable. Thanks for adding so much to the community and to my experience with webOS.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
  14. #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Yay! My bluetooth trigger worked! I loaded 2.3.5 and tested my car mode. My bluetooth is normally off and is turned on by this mode. The first trigger group enables the mode. The second trigger group is just having bluetooth connected to Hands-Free. After the conditions for the first group go away, the second group is then holding the mode active. It stays active until I walk far enough from the car to lose the BT connection. Then the mode closes. Perfect! Thanks!
    Hmm that mode sounds interesting. Care to share what settings you use?

    Sconix I haven't ever had an issue with my bluetooth. It connects seamlessly when I get in my car. Was the issue with bluetooth turning on and off?
  15.    #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I haven't seen this reported in the thread, so I'll post what I think is a bug. I have a "restart" mode that kicks in at 5am iff my "sleep" mode is active. It restarts as I expect it to. However, it will only do a Luna restart rather than a full device restart. I am now running v2.3.5, and I notice that when I go to edit the "restart" mode to change the SysToolsMgr Action to "Restart Device", if I then swipe back twice to get back to the main scene and then return to the edit screen for "restart" mode the SysToolsMgr Action has reverted to "Restart Luna" all by itself. So, it seems that the Restart Device setting won't stick.

    And by the way, Sconix, Mode Switcher is one of the greatest thing since webOS! Your work on Mode Switcher and other projects is amazingly thorough and your dedication is admirable. Thanks for adding so much to the community and to my experience with webOS.
    You are correct its a bug, will be fixed in next release. I wait few days before releasing to see if other bugs are reported now when 2.3 has hit the public feed..
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16.    #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hmm that mode sounds interesting. Care to share what settings you use?

    Sconix I haven't ever had an issue with my bluetooth. It connects seamlessly when I get in my car. Was the issue with bluetooth turning on and off?
    It was about bluetooth trigger, it finally should now work rather well
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hmm that mode sounds interesting. Care to share what settings you use?
    My default mode has BT off and WiFi on.

    My "Car" mode is "Normal" and Auto Start/Close are both "Immediate". For triggers, I have all required. The first group has two triggers (charger = touchstone, Orientation Any & WiFi = "Disconnected From" my home network) and the second group has one trigger (BT connection = state connected, profile Hands-Free). For Settings I turn off the WiFi and turn on the BT (and do some other cosmetic stuff that doesn't really affect anything).

    The mode enables based on being on a touchstone that isn't in my house. But then once I am in my car I want to be able to lift the phone off the touchstone for short periods without having the car mode close. The BT doesn't cause the mode to open because the BT wasn't on, but the mode turns it on and the BT trigger then holds the mode open. It stays open until my car BT shuts off (which is several minutes after I take the key out) or when I walk far enough away from the car.

    QED! MS makes that logic very easy to implement.
  18. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #578  
    @carell,
    what you discibed is the wat I first implemented my car mode in the old 1.4.5 time.
    I finally had to do it in another way, because I had the now well known WebOS radio bug making my BT connection not turning on or off every second or third time, making my modes useless.
    So I did not try it again after switching to WebOS 2.1, because I read the radio bug has not yet been fixed in WebOS.
    Does you currrent setting work each time?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  19. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #579  
    You can Export and share your modes with others.

    http://forums.precentral.net/2970400-post447.html
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  20. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @carell,
    what you discibed is the wat I first implemented my car mode in the old 1.4.5 time.
    I finally had to do it in another way, because I had the now well known WebOS radio bug making my BT connection not turning on or off every second or third time, making my modes useless.
    So I did not try it again after switching to WebOS 2.1, because I read the radio bug has not yet been fixed in WebOS.
    Does you currrent setting work each time?
    Ah-hem! That's two 'r's and one 'l'. "Carrel"

    :-) Don't sweat it. Nobody spells it right.

    This mode has only worked as of 2.3.5 which came out this morning. I have been in and out of the car 4 or 5 times and it has consistently worked for that short testing period. Take it for what it's worth. But it "feels" solid.

Posting Permissions