Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just verified this, the interval trigger seems to be broken. Will be fixed in tomorrows release.
    k thanks!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just sent another log. I will forward them to one of your gmail accounts also.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    When the charger is connected close to the limit when battery mode activates it can take a while for the battery trigger triggers as it happened to you that it took as long as to get 30%, this is due to the fact that designed the battery trigger not to wake MS too often and only be precise when battery is going down not when up. Since usually battery trigger is used with charger trigger as you use it so the charger trigger should help the mode to react immeadiately to being charged. Now why it did not do that for you, I am guessing that the subscription for charger notification had been dropped for some reason, so disabling / enabling MS should get that working, if not please send me problem report when you connect the charger and the mode does not change. Since this is working for me just fine so I need to see the log.

The second use case you have seems right and should work, but most likely its the bluetooth trigger still not working 100%, please send me the problem report after that happens (mode closes, even bluetooth still connected). Preferably reboot phone then place the phone in your car so that mode activates then lift it of the TS then after mode closes send the report. This way there is nothing irrelevant in the log.
    After an disable/reboot/enable the charger trigger seems to be working now. So that whole issue seems to be a non-issue. I will work on getting debugs on the bluetooth trigger.
    when will the new *fixed* version be available tomorrow?
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    It depends about this bluetooth issue, I would like to get it fixed (or verify that there is no bug) for that version as well. Earliest in 12 hours from now and latest at 24 hours from now.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    with pointed questions like that i take it you've donated to WebOS Internals?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Haven't received any log emails recently... so not sure where the email has got stuck.
    Did you get the logs I sent you this morning about my BT trigger?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Did you get the logs I sent you this morning about my BT trigger?
    No I did not.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sconix: i'm having BT trigger issues since 2.3, including the most recent update from today. It works sometimes, and other times it doesn't.
    I just sent you my logs.

Possibly related, i'm not sure, but i was having a strange issue where a BT trigger mode was supposed to close a mode, but wasn't. I tried to grab that today, but the BT trigger wasn't working so i couldn't.
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: i'm having BT trigger issues since 2.3, including the most recent update from today. It works sometimes, and other times it doesn't.
    I just sent you my logs.

Possibly related, i'm not sure, but i was having a strange issue where a BT trigger mode was supposed to close a mode, but wasn't. I tried to grab that today, but the BT trigger wasn't working so i couldn't.
    Well the problem with BT triggers is that the devices can have multiple profiles such as yours seems to have. WebOS wakes up MS for every single profile when the device connects/disconnects. But for some reason some of these notifications are not send, so if the device has a2dp and hfg profiles it may be that MS get notification of only a2dp connecting but only hfg disconnecting. So this makes keeping the state next to impossible. In your case though the worst is to have the profile set to any. Since for example if even one of those profile disconnect notification is missed the mode stays on since MS things that some profile is still active. So first you might want to try setting the profile for example to a2dp since at least in the logs you sent I saw connect and disconnect signal for that profile. Couple versions ago I had a dirty hack that if even one profile from the device disconnect the whole device is marked as disconnected, well this worked as long as I received a log that showed that some device when connected send connect notification for all profiles and then disconnect for those profiles which are not in use so that hack rendered MS totally useless for those devices. So the current version is a compromis that at least it works sometimes for all devices + it can be made to work bit better via trying different profile option.

It also seems that the BT trigger works well for devices with one profile, but I have seen it work for devices with few profiles. So I am not sure is this problem with the devices itself (i.e. some weird driver compatibility problem, for example my car handsfree wont work with WebOS 2.x nearly as well as it did with 1.4.5) or is this because the bluetooth notification system just does not work well with services. I could test which one it is if I had the problem myself, but I just don't have such BT device at the moment that would have multiple profiles so I can not make this happen. I really would need someone willing to make extensive testing with test versions / patches I would do to be able to make the trigger any better.

EDIT: the tomorrow release has again one more tweak that should make at least starting of the mode bit more reliable and for the next testing release I have another workaround test planned so I haven't given up with BT trigger, but its a slow process to make it better, so its still useful to tell me if you think that at some point the BT triggers takes direction to better or worse so I know which change is working and which is not
    Last edited by sconix; 06/02/2011 at 07:38 PM.
    No problem, and yes its more powerful this way and works more like you would expect. For example the old blocking way if the blocking mode closed the mode that was blocked by it did not activate even if its triggers were still valid. Now they do. It needs just bit rethinking now since the "blocking" works the other way around kinda. But when I remake the UI there will be easy configuration such as set mode to block certain modes and the config is correctly added behind the scenes etc.
    So I still can't figure out how to use the new "blocking" method in the wiki. The wiki says:

"If you want to make sure that mode A can not activate when mode B is active then add mode change trigger into mode A with setting: Mode B, Not Active. This way mode B can not trigger when mode B is active."

First of all, I think one of the "B"s in the last sentence is suppose to be an "A".
    Here's my problem: I have two modifier modes "Data On" and "Wifi On". I don't want "Data On" to trigger when "Wifi On" is active. When I follow the example in the wiki, by setting up a mode change trigger in mode "Data On" with setting: Mode "Wifi On", Not Active. Then "Data On" comes on whenever "Wifi On" is Not Active, which is not my goal. My goal is to block "Data On" from activating when "Wifi On" is already active, not to active "Data On" whenever "Wifi On" is not active.

What am I missing to set this up correctly?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    No I did not.
    I just sent you new logs. I hope you got them.

With 2.3.3, the BT trigger now launches my car mode just fine, and does no more close the mode just after it opened.

BUT now, the mode does not close after BT has been disconected, and the trigger state remains ON dispite the fact that BT is not connected anymore.

Sorry to bother you again with it...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thsieh View Post
    So I still can't figure out how to use the new "blocking" method in the wiki. The wiki says:

"If you want to make sure that mode A can not activate when mode B is active then add mode change trigger into mode A with setting: Mode B, Not Active. This way mode B can not trigger when mode B is active."

First of all, I think one of the "B"s in the last sentence is suppose to be an "A".
    Here's my problem: I have two modifier modes "Data On" and "Wifi On". I don't want "Data On" to trigger when "Wifi On" is active. When I follow the example in the wiki, by setting up a mode change trigger in mode "Data On" with setting: Mode "Wifi On", Not Active. Then "Data On" comes on whenever "Wifi On" is Not Active, which is not my goal. My goal is to block "Data On" from activating when "Wifi On" is already active, not to active "Data On" whenever "Wifi On" is not active.

I think you should add another condition in you "Data on" mode.
    If you only have one trigger, wich is Mode change: "WiFi On" not active, then you'll get the behavior you have.
    You have to specify other conditions for your "Data On" mode, otherwise the mode will be triggered each time your "WiFi On" mode is not active.

14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by thsieh View Post

Yes there was a small typo, fixed now so thanks. And for your goal do as Kratus said, you need to add the other conditions as well for when you want the mode to be active. And then using the correct require option so that wanted triggers in the group needs to be active for the mode to be active.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well the problem with BT triggers is that the devices can have multiple profiles such as yours seems to have. WebOS wakes up MS for every single profile when the device connects/disconnects. But for some reason some of these notifications are not send, so if the device has a2dp and hfg profiles it may be that MS get notification of only a2dp connecting but only hfg disconnecting. So this makes keeping the state next to impossible. In your case though the worst is to have the profile set to any.
    In my case, I tried with profiles 'Any' and 'Hands-Free' with no success.
    Should I try the others?

16.    #556  
    Should I try the others?
    Yes you can try, but its not 100% sure that it helps or that it works better all the time. I really don't have enough knowledge about that, but I answered you via email about upcoming change.
  17.    #557  
    I just "re-wrote" the whole bluetooth trigger, it uses now a completely new work around and I am hopeful that this time it just works I am working with one tester and if I receive a word that it now works for him well then I do a public 2.3.5 release.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just "re-wrote" the whole bluetooth trigger, it uses now a completely new work around and I am hopeful that this time it just works I am working with one tester and if I receive a word that it now works for him well then I do a public 2.3.5 release.
    If you want, I'd like to test the BT trigger too.

19.    #559  
    If you want, I'd like to test the BT trigger too.
    I just sent you an email.
    Should I try the others?
    Ditto here, i tried A2DP instead of "any", but no luck.
    Happy to test the BT workaround.