Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    When the charger is connected close to the limit when battery mode activates it can take a while for the battery trigger triggers as it happened to you that it took as long as to get 30%, this is due to the fact that designed the battery trigger not to wake MS too often and only be precise when battery is going down not when up. Since usually battery trigger is used with charger trigger as you use it so the charger trigger should help the mode to react immeadiately to being charged. Now why it did not do that for you, I am guessing that the subscription for charger notification had been dropped for some reason, so disabling / enabling MS should get that working, if not please send me problem report when you connect the charger and the mode does not change. Since this is working for me just fine so I need to see the log.
    OK, so I went to disable MS and I got a service error notice. I looked around on this thread and I see others mentioning that MS didn't shut down on update. And I recall that I upgraded to 2.3.3 and it didn't shut down. I rebooted and it was running. So as I mentioned above, I just manually shut MS down, got the error, left it off and rebooted. After reboot MS enabled fine and even lets me disable just fine. I will re-test the charger triggers in a bit.

And I'll work on getting clean logs for the bluetooth triggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    ...So what I want is for MS to enable bluetooth when on the touchstone and not at my home, but then not disable the profile until the bluetooth is disconnected. I tried to do this by having two trigger groups in that profile. The first group is on touchstone and no home WiFi. The second group is bluetooth connected. But what happens is that when I lift off the touchstone, the profile still disables. Am I doing something wrong here??
    Well I am not sure I follow 100% of what you after, but you might try this...
    It may not be exactly what your after, but see if this gets you in the right direction.

Create a Bluetooth Mode. Set it to enable the BT connection.
    Set the Automation to Auto Start: Immediate and Auto Close: Manual

Then in the Triggers, use the Mode Change Triggers as follows... and set it to be "All Triggers" for the behavior.

Mode Change (Mode: Car / State: Mode Active)
    Mode Change (Mode: Touchstone / State: Mode Active)
    Mode Change (Mode: Home (or whatever) / State: Mode Not Active)

This should (I think) enable your bluetooth mode that turns on the bt radio ONLY when the Car and TS modes are on (active) AND when the Home (or whatever other mode) is off (not active).

I hope that makes sense or at least gets you in the right direction.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Sconix, can you add a scene in MS where it shows a history of modes that were triggered and the time of day they were triggered?
  4.    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, can you add a scene in MS where it shows a history of modes that were triggered and the time of day they were triggered?
    The event history list is in the todo list, but not sure when I add it. I would like to take a bit time off from MS to work on couple other apps that I can get into catalog.

And there is one "big" problem to be solved before that can be added. I haven't found a nice way to "synchronize" the service instances. I.e. now MS can be fired by triggers almost simultanously and storing events from many processes running at the same time just wont work. This is also causing some problems (if modes configured poorly or when extensive trigger configuration exists) when a mode change triggers another mode change.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Can you also add to your todo list: minute intervals for time based triggers?
  6.    #526  
    Can you also add to your todo list: minute intervals for time based triggers?
    Somehow adding minute interval sounds like a bad idea, it would wake up the device every minute. Not sure what the use case would be.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I've got no clue anymore.. got a Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 2.1 on it - I want to config ModeSwitcher, that it:

- enables Data when opening
    -- email
    -- web
    - enables data every 30min for checking email

I just can't get it to config :/ Is any1 actually able to help?
    Somehow adding minute interval sounds like a bad idea, it would wake up the device every minute. Not sure what the use case would be.
    I want to create a modifier mode that Luna Restarts the phone at 5:40AM every morning.

Preferred Settings and Triggers that I would like to use:
    Time of Day trigger starting at 5:39AM and closing at 5:40AM
    Luna Restart on mode close

Current Settings and Triggers that work fine:
    Time of Day trigger starting at 5:40AM and closing at 5:40AM
    Launch MS app After Mode Start to close Luna Restart mode
    Luna Restart on Mode Start
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcDirty View Post
    I've got no clue anymore.. got a Palm Pre Plus with WebOS 2.1 on it - I want to config ModeSwitcher, that it:

- enables Data when opening
    -- email
    -- web
    - enables data every 30min for checking email

I just can't get it to config :/ Is any1 actually able to help?
    Create a mode with Application Triggers of Email, Web, and ICQ, and Connection Settings with Data set to ENABLED.

Create a modifier mode with Time Interval trigger for every 30 Min, Connection Settings with Data set to ENABLED, and Email Settings that check email As Items Arrive.
    that doesn't make sense... currently i have my DEFAULT mode set to phone ENABLED, data DISABLED, rest NOT SET... then i created a modifier with phone NOT SET, data ENABLED, rest NOT SET - with application triggers of email, web and icq and and email as arrives--- and a time interval of 00:30 ... then new time interval is actually strange... what is INTERVAL 0/0 and ACTIVE 0/0 ...?! i got the INTERVAL set to 0/30 and ACTIVE (as i thought it means it's active every 30mins) to 0/2 (for 2 minutes) - but it doesn't work at all.....
  11.    #531  
    I want to create a modifier mode that Luna Restarts the phone at 5:40AM every morning.

Preferred Settings and Triggers that I would like to use:
    Time of Day trigger starting at 5:39AM and closing at 5:40AM
    Luna Restart on mode close

Current Settings and Triggers that work fine:
    Time of Day trigger starting at 5:40AM and closing at 5:40AM
    Launch MS app After Mode Start to close Luna Restart mode
    Luna Restart on Mode Start
    What does it matter if the mode starts already at 5:35? Its not like you are seeing it being active for nothing and if the mode does not do anything it does not have any effect anyway. So still not seeing why minute interval would be needed.
  12.    #532  
    that doesn't make sense... currently i have my DEFAULT mode set to phone ENABLED, data DISABLED, rest NOT SET... then i created a modifier with phone NOT SET, data ENABLED, rest NOT SET - with application triggers of email, web and icq and and email as arrives--- and a time interval of 00:30 ... then new time interval is actually strange... what is INTERVAL 0/0 and ACTIVE 0/0 ...?! i got the INTERVAL set to 0/30 and ACTIVE (as i thought it means it's active every 30mins) to 0/2 (for 2 minutes) - but it doesn't work at all.....
    Well if you read the help text it should be clear enough. Interval is the interval which the mode starts i.e. every set time. Then the active time is the time the mode is on before closing. So as you have set it. So are you trying to say that the interval trigger is not starting the mode every 30 mins or what? Not sure if I am following you whats the problem.
    yes.. that's it. the trigger doesn't start the mode... IF it would start the mode, my mails would be checked every 30mins which is not the case... data connection stays OFF.
  14.    #534  
    yes.. that's it. the trigger doesn't start the mode... IF it would start the mode, my mails would be checked every 30mins which is not the case... data connection stays OFF.
    Just verified this, the interval trigger seems to be broken. Will be fixed in tomorrows release.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Version 2.3.3 should hit the feed within hour or so. This version now has the settings applying back to the good old shape. Also I tried to make the bluetooth trigger again bit better, it might be worse it might be better, lets see In any case please report any problems since I would like to release 2.3.x in public feed since it should be working rather well now.
    Some of my BT Triggers (I suspect all, I will test them all in a couple of hours) seem to be broken with this version. I have sent the log along.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Some of my BT Triggers (I suspect all, I will test them all in a couple of hours) seem to be broken with this version. I have sent the log along.
    Do you mean closing of the modes or even starting?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Starting

18.    #538  
    Starting
    At least there should not be any changes on the bt trigger starting procedure only for the closing. So please try to verify first that its not just the weird problem that has happened to some that after update the bt triggers has stopped working but after reboot with MS disabled and enabled after reboot has made them work again. But let me know if you can not get them to work and send the log so I could try to fix it for tomorrows release if there is something to be fixed. At least the bt trigger started/closed the mode for me.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have sent a log. I have rebooted with MS disabled and then enabled and continue to have this issue. I will reboot one more time with MS disabled and then send a log again.

20.    #540  
    I have sent a log. I have rebooted with MS disabled and then enabled and continue to have this issue. I will reboot one more time with MS disabled and then send a log again.
    Haven't received any log emails recently... so not sure where the email has got stuck.