Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    I'm on a Pre2 2.1 GSM Device and i get the Mode Switcher Service is not responding error all the time i start the App. I even cant activate or do something with it. Also my Provider is away and it stays at "Searching Network.."
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Please send problem report right after you get the popup. Also tell me in what situations you get it.
    Done - sent about a minute ago.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by venox View Post
    I'm on a Pre2 2.1 GSM Device and i get the Mode Switcher Service is not responding error all the time i start the App. I even cant activate or do something with it. Also my Provider is away and it stays at "Searching Network.."
    When you get that error on start then you have installation problem. Wiki has instructions how fix it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Every time I press my power button it thinks I am pressing it for 10sec and bring up the power off menu.

Would this App be able to disable that menu?..
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Every time I press my power button it thinks I am pressing it for 10sec and bring up the power off menu.

Would this App be able to disable that menu?..
    Well in short,no. Have you tried doctoring?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #506  
    So I found out that the changes I made for 2.3.0 in all the settings and two triggers handling is causing the problems of connection/media volume settings not getting applied. Might cause some trouble to those two triggers as well. This will be fixed in the next release, but because of this wider problem I still have to move the release for tomorrow. Want to test the new system properly. When verified by those who use the testing release if the next version works regarding those areas then I'll release the 2.3.x into the public feed.
    You mean that battery trigger never works for you even its the only trigger? You know that it does not triggered at every percent only every 5% so if you set the limits to 20%-50% for example and your battery is 32% it wont activate until it gets to 30% or 35%?

Battery trigger has failed me once or twice and I am not sure why, I will check the code once more before pushing 2.2.5 out now. If I can't find anything then I would need logs from this kind of situation where it fails to find out the reason.
    Fxed it! Installed all Advanced patches and now the battery trigger is working.

I've setup the MS to be more extreme now; switch to 2G and turn data off when screen is locked, or when connected to Wifi.

With this setup, my Pre2 can run more than 18 hours with 20% battery left. Previously i left with 10% after a mere 9 hours. Data can really drain up the battery. Surprisingly Wifi is not, and neither is BT when spending around 60-90mins of music time.

Next project is to trigger govnah to downclock the processor during screenlock. I wonder if this can help squeeze more juice out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iskandarmuda View Post
    Fxed it! Installed all Advanced patches and now the battery trigger is working.

I've setup the MS to be more extreme now; switch to 2G and turn data off when screen is locked, or when connected to Wifi.

With this setup, my Pre2 can run more than 18 hours with 20% battery left. Previously i left with 10% after a mere 9 hours. Data can really drain up the battery. Surprisingly Wifi is not, and neither is BT when spending around 60-90mins of music time.

Next project is to trigger govnah to downclock the processor during screenlock. I wonder if this can help squeeze more juice out of this.
    This is OT, but one big help i've found with Govnah is if you are using a ScreenState Governor set the charger polling rate to a long time period (like 60s). This helped my battery HUGEly.

Related: since MS supports changing Govnah profiles, you could create two and have it poll the charger less often when you care about battery life.
  9.    #509  
    Version 2.3.3 should hit the feed within hour or so. This version now has the settings applying back to the good old shape. Also I tried to make the bluetooth trigger again bit better, it might be worse it might be better, lets see In any case please report any problems since I would like to release 2.3.x in public feed since it should be working rather well now.
    Version 2.3.3 should hit the feed within hour or so. This version now has the settings applying back to the good old shape. Also I tried to make the bluetooth trigger again bit better, it might be worse it might be better, lets see In any case please report any problems since I would like to release 2.3.x in public feed since it should be working rather well now.
    Sorry to mention again (but figured you'd want to know...) - installed 2.3.3, phone restart, and mode switcher still started itself I do have it set to start in the default mode actions - would that do it?
    Works perfect for me. GPS now turns on and off like it is supposed to. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    OK, it's looking quite good, but I still have a few weird-isms...

First the good. My test mode that failed to work right before with GPS is working great now. This was the test where the mode turned off the GPS, but when I disabled the mode, the GPS wasn't coming on whenever bluetooth wasn't different than the previous mode. Well it all works right now.

And my car mode is working right when I enable/disable it manually. That means that it is turning on and off the bluetooth.

But... When I loaded 2.3.3 I had to reboot my phone. I have MS configured to load the default profile on startup. It went to the default profile and everything was as the default profile says it should be, EXCEPT the bluetooth was on. Bluetooth was on before I rebooted, but it is set to off in my default profile so shouldn't it be off on reboot?

Also I have a low power profile that kicks in at 25%. The trigger is for 25% battery and NO charger. It kicked in just fine and changed the settings accordingly. But then when the battery was at 23% I plugged in the charger. And nothing happened. I waited a while and in fact waited till the battery was at 27% and still the low power profile was enabled. The profile engaged properly but wouldn't disengage. Why would that be? The triggers are configured for "All Triggers" required.

Third thing... For my car profile I want my phone to always have bluetooth off until I am in my car. I set a trigger to be on a touchstone AND not be connected to my home WiFi. That works great. But I find that often in the car, I need to do something on the phone and I want to pull it off the touchstone for a short time. I don't want the bluetooth to turn off when I do that. So what I want is for MS to enable bluetooth when on the touchstone and not at my home, but then not disable the profile until the bluetooth is disconnected. I tried to do this by having two trigger groups in that profile. The first group is on touchstone and no home WiFi. The second group is bluetooth connected. But what happens is that when I lift off the touchstone, the profile still disables. Am I doing something wrong here??

Thanks

Dave
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    OK, for the low power mode issue that I mentioned above, I found that it did exit the mode when the power got to 30%. I think you said that it only checks at 5% increments. But that still leaves the question: why doesn't plugging in the charger activate immediately?

It is a normal mode, starts/stops immediately, all triggers required and two triggers: battery level 25%-20%, and charger event - no charger.

Thanks
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Sorry to mention again (but figured you'd want to know...) - installed 2.3.3, phone restart, and mode switcher still started itself I do have it set to start in the default mode actions - would that do it?
    Well MS should get disabled when updated, at least it does for me. Not sure why the post install script is not run for you. Well its not a big problem, if you like to make sure the updates wont cause trouble you can disable MS yourself before upgrading.
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    OK, it's looking quite good, but I still have a few weird-isms...

First the good. My test mode that failed to work right before with GPS is working great now. This was the test where the mode turned off the GPS, but when I disabled the mode, the GPS wasn't coming on whenever bluetooth wasn't different than the previous mode. Well it all works right now.

And my car mode is working right when I enable/disable it manually. That means that it is turning on and off the bluetooth.

But... When I loaded 2.3.3 I had to reboot my phone. I have MS configured to load the default profile on startup. It went to the default profile and everything was as the default profile says it should be, EXCEPT the bluetooth was on. Bluetooth was on before I rebooted, but it is set to off in my default profile so shouldn't it be off on reboot?

Also I have a low power profile that kicks in at 25%. The trigger is for 25% battery and NO charger. It kicked in just fine and changed the settings accordingly. But then when the battery was at 23% I plugged in the charger. And nothing happened. I waited a while and in fact waited till the battery was at 27% and still the low power profile was enabled. The profile engaged properly but wouldn't disengage. Why would that be? The triggers are configured for "All Triggers" required.

Third thing... For my car profile I want my phone to always have bluetooth off until I am in my car. I set a trigger to be on a touchstone AND not be connected to my home WiFi. That works great. But I find that often in the car, I need to do something on the phone and I want to pull it off the touchstone for a short time. I don't want the bluetooth to turn off when I do that. So what I want is for MS to enable bluetooth when on the touchstone and not at my home, but then not disable the profile until the bluetooth is disconnected. I tried to do this by having two trigger groups in that profile. The first group is on touchstone and no home WiFi. The second group is bluetooth connected. But what happens is that when I lift off the touchstone, the profile still disables. Am I doing something wrong here??

Thanks

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    OK, for the low power mode issue that I mentioned above, I found that it did exit the mode when the power got to 30%. I think you said that it only checks at 5% increments. But that still leaves the question: why doesn't plugging in the charger activate immediately?

It is a normal mode, starts/stops immediately, all triggers required and two triggers: battery level 25%-20%, and charger event - no charger.

Thanks
    When the charger is connected close to the limit when battery mode activates it can take a while for the battery trigger triggers as it happened to you that it took as long as to get 30%, this is due to the fact that designed the battery trigger not to wake MS too often and only be precise when battery is going down not when up. Since usually battery trigger is used with charger trigger as you use it so the charger trigger should help the mode to react immeadiately to being charged. Now why it did not do that for you, I am guessing that the subscription for charger notification had been dropped for some reason, so disabling / enabling MS should get that working, if not please send me problem report when you connect the charger and the mode does not change. Since this is working for me just fine so I need to see the log.

The second use case you have seems right and should work, but most likely its the bluetooth trigger still not working 100%, please send me the problem report after that happens (mode closes, even bluetooth still connected). Preferably reboot phone then place the phone in your car so that mode activates then lift it of the TS then after mode closes send the report. This way there is nothing irrelevant in the log.
    When the charger is connected close to the limit when battery mode activates it can take a while for the battery trigger triggers as it happened to you that it took as long as to get 30%, this is due to the fact that designed the battery trigger not to wake MS too often and only be precise when battery is going down not when up. Since usually battery trigger is used with charger trigger as you use it so the charger trigger should help the mode to react immeadiately to being charged. Now why it did not do that for you, I am guessing that the subscription for charger notification had been dropped for some reason, so disabling / enabling MS should get that working, if not please send me problem report when you connect the charger and the mode does not change. Since this is working for me just fine so I need to see the log.
    I'm also having a charger related mode not close immediately when i remove it from the charger. I'll try to get a log when this happens today.

Update: log sent.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 06/02/2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Sconix: are you aware of an issue with PDK app triggers? i had created a mode that was supposed to change my Govnah profile when i loaded a specific PDK game. The mode never triggered though...

I'll send the logs if it's useful.
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: are you aware of an issue with PDK app triggers? i had created a mode that was supposed to change my Govnah profile when i loaded a specific PDK game. The mode never triggered though...

I'll send the logs if it's useful.
    I am but its because of limitation of WebOS. The app trigger picks the active application based on the app menu update, and PDK apps don't do that so MS wont pick those. And so far I have no idea how I could catch app start / close signal from anywhere.
  19.    #519  
    With 2.3.3 there seems to be typo in email settings that prevents those working. This is fixed in 2.3.4 which I release tomorrow into public feed. Let me know if other problems exist.
    Well MS should get disabled when updated, at least it does for me. Not sure why the post install script is not run for you. Well its not a big problem, if you like to make sure the updates wont cause trouble you can disable MS yourself before upgrading.
    Yeah, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - I've got the service error, which probably made it act wrong. Off to the wiki!