Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #461  
    Just pushed 2.3.1 that fixes the security mode unsecure not taking effect, so if you still have pin/pw prompt when changing from mode with security the options are still from the last mode. This release fixes that.

And just a reminder, when you are updating from version < 2.3.0 to a version >= 2.3.0 please remember to export your modes again if you have done such a thing since these newer versions wont import configuration from < 2.3.0 versions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sconix on my Pre2 I am consistently getting an unknown service error mode switcher service not responding when I go into mode switcher an ten it off and on. It isn't closing my data modes correctly.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sconix on my Pre2 I am consistently getting an unknown service error mode switcher service not responding when I go into mode switcher an ten it off and on. It isn't closing my data modes correctly.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Then you have installation problem. Wiki has steps to manually install the service files if your phone refuses to do so automatically. If you by consistently mean that you get it all the time. If you only get it on certain situations then there might be a bug.

EDIT: seems that there is a bug left that causes this (assuming that you are using 2.3.x), 2.3.2 should fix it..
    Last edited by sconix; 05/27/2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Looking forward to 2.3.2. I've noticed that the last few versions have slowed my overclocked Pre- down quite a bit, and like mamouton said, 2.3.x isn't allowing me to switch modes...
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  5.    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Looking forward to 2.3.2. I've noticed that the last few versions have slowed my overclocked Pre- down quite a bit, and like mamouton said, 2.3.x isn't allowing me to switch modes...
    The unknown error is caused by a typo/bug in timeofday trigger so as long as you have that trigger in some of the modes you will experience some kind of problems. The 2.3.2 should fix this which I release later today once I get couple other small changes done.

Not sure what you mean by slowed down system. The infrastructure of MS has remained the same the whole 2.x period. I have only cleaned some code, but no changes should be there that make MS more "heavy" or function differently in logic vice. So its more likely something else in your system straining the device. I run MS in stock clocked pre- and pre2 without any noticeable slowdown etc. Of course naturally if you have lots of modes with lots of triggers that fire all the time then you may experience some slowdown. But there are very few triggers that are firing frequently that could cause any slowdown on the system. And even with triggers firing often MS only wakes to check if the trigger is interest for it or not so MS should strain system almost none when modes are not changing.
    I think this is something different - since loading updated MS this morning and restarting phone, two modes are on and I can't get them to turn off (one is a normal mode, and if I use mode menu to close the mode, it says it's loading Default Mode, but then the "bad" Touchstone mode is still on). Both modes that are on have a touchstone (any orientation) trigger (and this is off the touchstone since reboot) - the normal mode just has that, the other has that and some GPS triggers that don't seem to apply right now. I did have one (other) mode that had a time of day trigger - it wasn't on, but I deleted the time of day part anyway just in case - didn't help.
    I just sent a log after trying to close the Touchstone mode twice - let me know if I can do anything else.
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/27/2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typos
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I think this is something different - since loading updated MS this morning and restarting phone, two modes are on and I can't get them to turn off (one is a normal mode, and if I use mode menu to close the mode, it says it's loading Default Mode, but then the "bad" Touchstone mode is still on). Both modes that are on have a touchstone (any orientation) trigger (and this is off the touchstone since reboot) - the normal mode just has that, the other has that and some GPS triggers that don't seem to apply right now. I did have one (other) mode that had a time of day trigger - it wasn't on, but I deleted the time of day part anyway just in case - didn't help.
    I just sent a log after trying to close the Touchstone mode twice - let me know if I can do anything else.
    You are right this is something else, not sure what though the error in the log did not make sense Oh well need to dig some more...
    I think this is something different - since loading updated MS this morning and restarting phone, two modes are on and I can't get them to turn off (one is a normal mode, and if I use mode menu to close the mode, it says it's loading Default Mode, but then the other mode is still on). Both modes that are on have a touchstone (any orientation) trigger - the normal mode just has that, the other has that and some GPS triggers that don't seem to apply right now. I did have one (other) mode that had a time of day trigger - it wasn't on, but I deleted the time of day part anyway just in case - didn't help.
    Another thing you could try would be to check the status of MS and your modes. This is done in two places.

1) Check status of MS: Open MS. From the App Menu, select Status.

This shows you the modes currently active (which you seem to already know via the mode menu, etc...)

Based on the modes that are active, see #2.

2) Check the status of a custom mode: Tap a mode in the custom mode list. From the App Menu, select Status.

This shows you the current status for that mode. It is broken out for each group of triggers. You also will see the triggers that are in each group and whether or not they have triggered = True or have not triggered = False.

This can help determine if there is a misconfiguration of a mode/trigger causing the modes to stay open.

Or as you did, submitting a log via the Report Problem in the Help's App Menu is good too!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Another thing you could try would be to check the status of MS and your modes. This is done in two places.

1) Check status of MS: Open MS. From the App Menu, select Status.

This shows you the modes currently active (which you seem to already know via the mode menu, etc...)

Based on the modes that are active, see #2.

2) Check the status of a custom mode: Tap a mode in the custom mode list. From the App Menu, select Status.

This shows you the current status for that mode. It is broken out for each group of triggers. You also will see the triggers that are in each group and whether or not they have triggered = True or have not triggered = False.

This can help determine if there is a misconfiguration of a mode/trigger causing the modes to stay open.

Or as you did, submitting a log via the Report Problem in the Help's App Menu is good too!
    Good to know, and might help sconix - the touchstone only mode is active, but the trigger status in the mode shows as FALSE. And the car mode (touchstone and GPS) is also active and touchstone is also FALSE (although the GPS modes are working correctly). If I put the Pre on the Touchstone, status changes to TRUE, and it's on - take it off, and status changes to FALSE, but it stays on. I'm going to turn off MS, restart, start MS, and restart again just to launch the service clean...

EDIT: disabling and restarting phone, then re-enabling fixed it. If it happens again, I'll skip the reboot and see if just stop/restart will fix.

Thanks!
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/27/2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add
  10.    #470  
    Good to know, and might help sconix - the touchstone only mode is active, but the trigger status in the mode shows as FALSE. And the car mode (touchstone and GPS) is also active and touchstone is also FALSE (although the GPS modes are working correctly). If I put the Pre on the Touchstone, status changes to TRUE, and it's on - take it off, and status changes to FALSE, but it stays on. I'm going to turn off MS, restart, start MS, and restart again just to launch the service clean...
    Just send email with same instruction about restarting MS Based on the log you send, the mode change aborted into error that just should not be possible if MS has loaded up properly. The error just did not make any sense, since the configuration included was ok, but for some reason the service had to have some weird configuration on its part, like MS had not been started on phone start properly.
  11.    #471  
    So it seems that when you update MS to 2.3.0 you need to disable/enable MS after reboot to get it function properly. Will fix this need in 2.3.2.
  12.    #472  
    Just pushed 2.3.2. Should work much better than previous 2.3 versions Fixed couple other trigger typos causing problems.

After this update MS will always get disabled on update. So you need to enable it manually after reboot. This is to avoid any unwanted problems during/after update.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just pushed 2.3.2. Should work much better than previous 2.3 versions Fixed couple other trigger typos causing problems.

After this update MS will always get disabled on update. So you need to enable it manually after reboot. This is to avoid any unwanted problems during/after update.
    Installed, phone restart, MS still running

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #474  
    Installed, phone restart, MS still running

Yes, the change for disabling MS is in the post installation script so it will only take effect on next update
    Yes, the change for disabling MS is in the post installation script so it will only take effect on next update
    Gotcha - thanks!

Got a Touchstone charging question for you...

I have a mode with 2 triggers
    Charger=Touchstone / Orientation = ANY
    Time of Day: 9pm to 9am

When i put my phone on the touchstone, i get the banner of the mode change and everything looks good. But I want to set the trigger to be a certain orientation of the touchstone, but can not get any of them to work. I have tried all 4 orientation settings, and set the phone down in all 4 ways, but the mode never triggers. any thoughts?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Got a Touchstone charging question for you...

I have a mode with 2 triggers
    Charger=Touchstone / Orientation = ANY
    Time of Day: 9pm to 9am

When i put my phone on the touchstone, i get the banner of the mode change and everything looks good. But I want to set the trigger to be a certain orientation of the touchstone, but can not get any of them to work. I have tried all 4 orientation settings, and set the phone down in all 4 ways, but the mode never triggers. any thoughts?
    First what version are you using so that I can verify that there is no bug? Seconds, since the angle of the TS is quite thin you need to turn your phone on the wanted orientation (keeping the phone vertical) already bit before placing the phone on the TS, this way the sensor gives the correct data when phone lands on TS. If you turn the phone while on TS it definitely wont work.
    I am using the Mode Switcher v2.3.2 and have installed the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu version 2.1.0-93 patch. I have three Modes set up with the only difference being the screen brightness. With the patch installed, the device menu brightness overrides the Mode Switcher settings and opening and closing the modes does not affect the screen brightness.

This is not that big of a deal since it is just as easy to use the device menu to change the screen brightness as it is to change Modes.

I am providing this feedback to ensure that Sconix is aware of this as the interactions between the two software packages might impact the way other functions Sconix may program in the future. (reposted)
    Last edited by gsparks2; 05/28/2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: repost to correct thread
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsparks2 View Post
    I am using the Mode Switcher v2.3.2 and have installed the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu version 2.1.0-93 patch. I have three Modes set up with the only difference being the screen brightness. With the patch installed, the device menu brightness overrides the Mode Switcher settings and opening and closing the modes does not affect the screen brightness.

This is not that big of a deal since it is just as easy to use the device menu to change the screen brightness as it is to change Modes.

I am providing this feedback to ensure that Sconix is aware of this as the interactions between the two software packages might impact the way other functions Sconix may program in the future. (reposted)
    MS wont apply settings that are same in previous mode and the mode being switched to. This is due to making MS as optimal as possible regarding the amount of system requests needed on mode change. And also partly so that manual changes to settings carry on between modes. But there is a way to override this, just go extensions from app menu of MS and select application extension. From there you can set per extension if they should always apply the settings even they are the same in the previous and new mode.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I wanted to create a mode that is almost identical to one that already exists, so I used Export Mode, modified the resulting Google Docs file, saved it under the same (original) name, and then tried to import it. However, MS apparently can't find the document--when I try to import, I get a message saying "Unable to List Documents! No documents matching the query." This happens whether or not I enter a filter phrase.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
    At least I am not aware of any bugs in import feature. So as long as the name of the document is the same it should be able to list it. Or actually with the current version its enough that the name of the document has [MSMODE] tag in it. Not sure why google docs would not be returning list of documents for you.
    Sconix -
    I was never able to get the above to work. Now I've just upgraded from 2.2.something to 3.2.2, and (as recommended) I exported all my modes before doing so. After the upgrade, I tried to import them, and again it doesn't work--though the symptom is different this time. It appears my Google Docs login works, because it takes me to a scene with a header reading "Import All Modes", but the scene is otherwise blank.

I've attached screen shots (though I doubt they'll be helpful!) Any idea what's going on here?
    Attached Images Attached Images