Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hmmm... I have a modifier with the battery trigger set <20% + no charger attached. However it is not triggered (now down to 14%). If I start it manually, it just takes a few seconds to revert back to default mode.

Is there a way to enable a log to see when which trigger is fired and when which mode starts?

Thanks
    Chris
    You can follow the logs with lumberjack. Hmm I have no idea what could close the mode, so I would be more than interested of getting the logs as well. So install lumberjack and use the report problem action in MS to send me the log after you have started the mode manually and it closes. Since I can see the mode not triggering due to some kind of communication error, but I have no idea what could cause the mode close after few seconds. So I really would like to see the log that what is going on. This might be related to the occasional battery trigger failure I have also seen at some point, never when trying to get it happen of course.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can follow the logs with lumberjack. Hmm I have no idea what could close the mode, so I would be more than interested of getting the logs as well. So install lumberjack and use the report problem action in MS to send me the log after you have started the mode manually and it closes. Since I can see the mode not triggering due to some kind of communication error, but I have no idea what could cause the mode close after few seconds. So I really would like to see the log that what is going on. This might be related to the occasional battery trigger failure I have also seen at some point, never when trying to get it happen of course.
    Ok, getting to feel stupid here...
    Had the "muffle system logging" patch installed, nothing appeared in the logs. So uninstalled it and rebooted. Now I get some stuff for MS in lumberjack, but the Problem is gone...
    However in the morning the Touchstone Mode was not disabling when removing the Pre2 from the Charger.
    I guess I should work on the overall stability first, before looking into the funny details.
    So my first question: Are all the advanced framework patches needed for MS to work properly? I only have the "Advanced System Prefs - Framework" installed and the Advanced option turned on in MS.
    Second one: I get an error in Lumberjack, telling me "Error: service request: Not permitted to send to or.webosinternals.govnah". Sounds about right, since I don't have Govnah installed. Error Pops up, when I start editing a mode.
  3.    #443  
    Ok, getting to feel stupid here...
    Had the "muffle system logging" patch installed, nothing appeared in the logs. So uninstalled it and rebooted. Now I get some stuff for MS in lumberjack, but the Problem is gone...
    However in the morning the Touchstone Mode was not disabling when removing the Pre2 from the Charger.
    I guess I should work on the overall stability first, before looking into the funny details.
    So my first question: Are all the advanced framework patches needed for MS to work properly? I only have the "Advanced System Prefs - Framework" installed and the Advanced option turned on in MS.
    Second one: I get an error in Lumberjack, telling me "Error: service request: Not permitted to send to or.webosinternals.govnah". Sounds about right, since I don't have Govnah installed. Error Pops up, when I start editing a mode.
    See the wiki about the patches.

Yes the govnah thing is normal when you don't have it installed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #444  
    I will release the next testing version (2.3.0) on Wednesday. There are lots of changes and cleanups etc. so please let me know if something is not working. Also pay attention to your configuration, this version updates configuration to a newer format so let me know if your mode configuration was changed by the update. It should convert the settings just fine, but its always possible that I missed something in my tests. And remember this version cannot import settings from older version so remember to re-export your modes after update if you want to be able to import them later.

The major new feature in this version is the ability to easily share modes. For now you need to import the mode to see what it does (if the description is not clear enough and you can not read the json format), but for 2.5.0 I plan to add a "mode viewer" so you can see the mode configuration in understandable format before importing it. Once 2.3.0 is in testing feed I will add a section about the mode sharing into wiki and post short info here. And of course will put my modes available for everyone to see...

I try to release the 2.3.x version into public feed as soon as possible, so those on testing feed version let me know if there is any problems asap so that I don't rush into public release if there are problems left. After 2.3.x goes public I start adding the delays and release 2.4.0 into testing release. Then for 2.5.0 there are only few small features / cleanups / bug fixes and after that goes public then I take small summer holiday, which means only bug fix releases for a while Then some point I start the UI rework to have a user friendly and easy to use UI...
    Sconix: I'm disappointed to see that running commands won't be supported in either 2.3 or 2.5. I've been trying to get others to request that feature as well, but no luck.

Just wanted to say thanks for the continued development of such a killer app, and keep up the good work!
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: I'm disappointed to see that running commands won't be supported in either 2.3 or 2.5. I've been trying to get others to request that feature as well, but no luck.

Just wanted to say thanks for the continued development of such a killer app, and keep up the good work!
    Well I realized one problem with that, MS is a jailed service and I would not like to unjail it. So there would not be much commands that you could execute. So its better that running commands would be provided by a another service. So when/if there is a service that allows executing shell commands I will add an extension for it, but I won't add support for executing commands in MS service.
  7.    #447  
    So there is now Google Groups for Mode Switcher. The only intend of this (at least for now) is to allow sharing of modes and means to browse/comment them. Also modes shared by the user can be deleted in here if user does not want to share his/hers mode(s) anymore. By deleting the according post MS can not list that mode anymore. Please don't post any other discussion there, for other discussion this forum is preferred.

With MS 2.3.0+ you'll be able to export/import modes to/from that google groups discussions list easily. And with MS 2.5.0 you'll be able to "browse" the modes before importing them.

You don't need to sign-up for that group, you can use mode sharing from MS without any registration, but if you are interested to take a look of shared modes without MS then you can do so by checking out the above link.

EDIT: I already shared my modes to be visible there for those that are interested, of course without the new MS importing those modes is bit difficult, but I included short description so you can at least spy what modes I have

EDIT2: I will post a link to a google gadget tomorrow that can be used to browse the shared modes and view their configuration in a browser (by adding it to your iGoogle page for example, when I get to doing a web page for MS then this goes there as well).
    Last edited by sconix; 05/23/2011 at 04:01 PM.
    This is slightly OT for this thread, but related.

Music Player Remix does not load when launched by MS if the screen is off. I've posted to the MPR thread, and DanPLC has said this is related to the "asynchronous blocking bug" in webos 2.1.

This doesn't seem to be an issue for MS. Is there any way you could post over there, or PM Dan with any suggestions for fixing this?

Here is the specific post: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2970431
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This is slightly OT for this thread, but related.

Music Player Remix does not load when launched by MS if the screen is off. I've posted to the MPR thread, and DanPLC has said this is related to the "asynchronous blocking bug" in webos 2.1.

This doesn't seem to be an issue for MS. Is there any way you could post over there, or PM Dan with any suggestions for fixing this?

Here is the specific post: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2970431
    I have no suggestion how to fix that, there are lots of things not working properly when screen is off in WebOS 2.x, at least on some devices/installations, specially on pre-'s. The only option is to wait and hope that its fixed in the next WebOS release. Its sometimes almost feels like some devices go to sleep immediately when screen is turned off or at least everything slows down right away when screen is off so that things start to timeout etc.
  10.    #450  
    There is now a Mode Switcher Google Gadget (very rough first version) available to be used on your iGoogle page to follow shared modes and browse through them etc. When I get to making a web page for MS then I can add the gadget there, but for now you need to add it to your iGoogle page for example.

This is in very early stages I only put it together in couple hours, but at least it gives you some idea what the modes does until MS gains the ability to also view the mode before importing. It needs lots of visual enhancements etc. but I will be working on it more during this week. I plan to gear the UI towards more human like language (i.e. Launch app on mode start / Mode start when: connected to a wall charger) and will be using the same code in the later versions of MS.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey,
    saw in the log, that MS is recognizing my locale de_de, but GUI is still in English.
    If you want to I could to a translation for you to German, all I need would be a file with the things you need translated.

Greetings
    Christian
  12.    #452  
    Hey,
    saw in the log, that MS is recognizing my locale de_de, but GUI is still in English.
    If you want to I could to a translation for you to German, all I need would be a file with the things you need translated.

Greetings
    Christian
    At the moment there are no localization in MS 2.x. After MS reaches 2.5 I can give out a translation file, but have to worn its no small task to translate MS
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At the moment there are no localization in MS 2.x. After MS reaches 2.5 I can give out a translation file, but have to worn its no small task to translate MS
    As soon as you have the translation file available I can start. :-)

New Bug: If you have a mode without triggers and you open the status information in the modes configuration. You get an odd looking error message that you can't close.
  14.    #454  
    As soon as you have the translation file available I can start. :-)

New Bug: If you have a mode without triggers and you open the status information in the modes configuration. You get an odd looking error message that you can't close.
    That bug is fixed in 2.3.0.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I I just had the idea of a new mode. I already have a WiFi Mode for my home WiFi. Now I thought of a mode for all other WiFis and to activate the VPN to secure the connection.
    I know I can start the application for VPN, but not start a connection. Is there a way to include that into the MS?

Thanks
    Chris
  16.    #456  
    I I just had the idea of a new mode. I already have a WiFi Mode for my home WiFi. Now I thought of a mode for all other WiFis and to activate the VPN to secure the connection.
    I know I can start the application for VPN, but not start a connection. Is there a way to include that into the MS?

Thanks
    Chris
    I should look into VPN at some point, if the requires system requests exists adding support for that should be easy. I try to look into VPN after 2.3.0 is out.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I installed MS 2.2.5 on my new Pre2 a few days ago, and I re_created all the modes I had and who worked flawlessly on my previous 1.4.5 device.
    I have an issue with my 'car' mode: it has only one trigger: bluetooth. When bluetooth is connected to my car's handsfree set, it fires the 'car' mode.
    It works, but after a few seconds (variable from only one second to approx 30 seconds) the mode closes.
    Can this be a bug in the bluetooth trigger?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,
    I installed MS 2.2.5 on my new Pre2 a few days ago, and I re_created all the modes I had and who worked flawlessly on my previous 1.4.5 device.
    I have an issue with my 'car' mode: it has only one trigger: bluetooth. When bluetooth is connected to my car's handsfree set, it fires the 'car' mode.
    It works, but after a few seconds (variable from only one second to approx 30 seconds) the mode closes.
    Can this be a bug in the bluetooth trigger?
    Its possible, or maybe not a bug just a feature I have had to done couple workarounds in the bt trigger due to some stupid WebOS 2.x problems for it to work most of the time. Those workarounds might cause your problem. So please send problem report right after the closing of mode happens. So install lumberjack, reboot your device, conennect to the handsfree set in your car so that mode starts and after it closes start MS app, then app menu-help-app menu-send problem report. Then I can see how the bt device reports connections/disconnections and can maybe adjust the workarounds so that it start to work for you as well.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi, I have to say that Mode Switcher is a really great app!

I am having some problem to set up these to modes. I would like to implement them as modifiers.
    1) Music Mode: I want this mode to just start the Music app when I connect my headset. I want to close this mode when I close the Music app. Is that possible? I guess I am having problem with closing modes. Do modes usually close when the trigger is deactivated? So when I disconnect the headset when the trigger is set to headset connection?

2) GPS mode: I want to enable the gps when google maps, white pages, or yelp is started and close the mode when neither of these applications is started. For some reason mode switcher does not enable the gps though. I have set the other connection settings ('Phone', 'data' etc) to 'Do not set'.

Thanks!
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    Hi, I have to say that Mode Switcher is a really great app!

I am having some problem to set up these to modes. I would like to implement them as modifiers.
    1) Music Mode: I want this mode to just start the Music app when I connect my headset. I want to close this mode when I close the Music app. Is that possible? I guess I am having problem with closing modes. Do modes usually close when the trigger is deactivated? So when I disconnect the headset when the trigger is set to headset connection?

2) GPS mode: I want to enable the gps when google maps, white pages, or yelp is started and close the mode when neither of these applications is started. For some reason mode switcher does not enable the gps though. I have set the other connection settings ('Phone', 'data' etc) to 'Do not set'.

Thanks!
    1) WebOS does not allow application start/close trigger at the moment, only the foreground. And yes the default operation is that mode is active until its triggers are valid. If you need different triggers for starting and closing its possible with making two modes, but rarely needed. So you can make the mode be active when music app is foreground and headset plugged, or when one of those is true, as you like.

2) Again not possible, but you can make mode that is active when those apps are foreground which is not perfect since lots of mode changes. If the mode changes but GPS state does not then you have the WebOS bug (see wiki about radio state not changing problem).