Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    The reason why I initially used the display locked trigger was because the Closing mode (trigger by BT disconnection) doesn't get triggered when I turn off my BT headset when the phone screen is off. But now I've found out the use of the Extension Settings and forcing the Connection Settings solved this problem.

    thanks.
    Hmm the forcing the settings should not have anything to do with triggers not working. The bluetooth trigger was much worse few releases a go now it should work most of the times, but it can still sometimes "skip" triggering. As far as I know its a WebOS problem, the screen off just makes it worse most likely, but does not make it happen all the time.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. embo's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the bars you see normally is the ringtone volume. For the calendar and email settings you need to have advanced system prefs installed and advanced features enabled in the extensions configuration. The ringtone volume is the only one that have effect on the notifications, system and media volume does not have any effect on the notification sounds etc. System volume is for the system sound which are the swiff sound when swiping off a card etc. and media sound for music etc.
    Ah... Ok. That makes sense now. I had the ringtone volume set to 25, so that I would still hear the phone ring if it ever does. I just wanted to mute the email and calendar sounds, and thought these were controlled by the "System" volume control. I couldn't get advanced sys prefs to install.. it errors out on me, but that topic is for another forum.
  3. embo's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    An alternative to muting your email would be to setup a nighttime/sleep modifier mode that sets email to manual for your normal sleep period.
    That would work if I could find out how to set email to manual (remember, that I don't have Advanced Sys Prefs).. Also, this won't stop the Calendar reminders from sounding..
    Thanks.
  4. #424  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I'm pleased to report that email and messaging notifications now change appropriately. Thanks, sconix. (I did remove and re-add email and messaging settings from each mode that used them after updating to v2.2.5.)
    Seconded - works now for me too - thanks sconix!
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by embo View Post
    Ah... Ok. That makes sense now. I had the ringtone volume set to 25, so that I would still hear the phone ring if it ever does. I just wanted to mute the email and calendar sounds, and thought these were controlled by the "System" volume control. I couldn't get advanced sys prefs to install.. it errors out on me, but that topic is for another forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by embo View Post
    That would work if I could find out how to set email to manual (remember, that I don't have Advanced Sys Prefs).. Also, this won't stop the Calendar reminders from sounding..
    Thanks.
    Here is the thread for the Advanced System Prefs patches. Post what errors you're getting when trying to install and we'll be able to help you get around it and get them installed.

    The Calendar reminders sounding can be fixed/addressed also once the Advanced System Prefs patches are installed.

    As for the system volume vs. the ringtone volumes, I thought the email/msg notifications when set to system sound would use that volume as well, but as Sconix said it is not. After some testing, that is true (not that I didn't believe him...).

    I wish the notification sounds volume was separate from the ringtone/phone ringing volume levels. *sigh*

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6.    #426  
    About the next testing release (2.3.0), I moved the trigger/app delays for next 2.4.0 version and took on the task finishing the mode sharing since I noticed that google docs has changed so that it allows public sharing easily. So if all goes well 2.3.0 has easy mode sharing with export/import and there will be a web page where you can comment / view modes exported by other people. I hope to release 2.3.0 during this week into the testing feed and as usual see the wiki for complete changelog.

    EDIT: just finished the sharing code and its neat will do some testing couple days before release...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/19/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #427  
    Question: The manual isn't clear on this (or I missed it) - how is the "Do Not Set" choice supposed to work in default mode? My thought was this meant "use the application base setting", but it appears that this acts as "don't change whatever is there at the moment". I.e. I have a mode that mutes the email sound on the touchstone - when it comes off that mode, I thought it would revert to my base (non-MS) settings, but it left it at mute. I'm building out my modes, so I want to make sure I'm setting everything that needs it.
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/19/2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: fix typos
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Question: The manual isn't clear on this (or I missed it) - how is the "Do Not Set" choice supposed to work in default mode? My thought was this meant "use the application base setting", but it appears that this acts as "don't change whatever is there at the moment". I.e. I have a mode that mutes the email sound on the touchstone - when it comes off that mode, I thought it would revert to my base (non-MS) settings, but it left it at mute. I'm building out my modes, so I want to make sure I'm setting everything that needs it.
    MS does not keep track of the settings in the system. So default mode is there because of that, something were to revert to. So do not set in default mode means that default mode won't change that settings, its main intend is to be able to leave out some settings completely away from MS modes.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS does not keep track of the settings in the system. So default mode is there because of that, something were to revert to. So do not set in default mode means that default mode won't change that settings, its main intend is to be able to leave out some settings completely away from MS modes.
    Cool, thanks. Just needed it clear in my head.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You mean that battery trigger never works for you even its the only trigger? You know that it does not triggered at every percent only every 5% so if you set the limits to 20%-50% for example and your battery is 32% it wont activate until it gets to 30% or 35%?

    Battery trigger has failed me once or twice and I am not sure why, I will check the code once more before pushing 2.2.5 out now. If I can't find anything then I would need logs from this kind of situation where it fails to find out the reason.
    Just a suggestion (I don't use this trigger), but what happens if the battery meter skips over that 5% block? Meaning, it goes 37,36,34,33,32, etc? Could that cause your trigger issue?
  11. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #431  
    Hi sconix,

    I just installed MS on my new unlocked pre2 I got from Palm, and I am trying to enter the 15+ modes I had on it on my 1.4.5 device.
    Once again, you did a great work.
    Sorry if this has already been asked, because I admit I was too busy these last weeks with real life work to follow this thread.
    I am missing the feature that enabled to block other modes from on mode: blocking modifiers, or normal modes or both. Is this feature not present in MS 2, or has it been implemented differently?

    I am still ready to help for tranlating MS 2 into french, if you want.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #432  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    Just a suggestion (I don't use this trigger), but what happens if the battery meter skips over that 5% block? Meaning, it goes 37,36,34,33,32, etc? Could that cause your trigger issue?
    No, the battery trigger is always triggered on every different percentage divided by 5. So always when battery percentage changes the percentage is rounded to closest number that can be divided with 5 and if that number is different than previous time the trigger is triggered so it really should work in all situations.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi sconix,

    I just installed MS on my new unlocked pre2 I got from Palm, and I am trying to enter the 15+ modes I had on it on my 1.4.5 device.
    Once again, you did a great work.
    Sorry if this has already been asked, because I admit I was too busy these last weeks with real life work to follow this thread.
    I am missing the feature that enabled to block other modes from on mode: blocking modifiers, or normal modes or both. Is this feature not present in MS 2, or has it been implemented differently?

    I am still ready to help for tranlating MS 2 into french, if you want.
    See the wiki, but yes that feature is implemented differently now. You can use mode change trigger to achieve the same. Wiki has an example.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #434  
    Thanks.
    Sorry for taking your time with it. I couldn't figure out how it works, because I have to rethink the way things can be done.
    Seems more powerful this way.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thanks.
    Sorry for taking your time with it. I couldn't figure out how it works, because I have to rethink the way things can be done.
    Seems more powerful this way.
    No problem, and yes its more powerful this way and works more like you would expect. For example the old blocking way if the blocking mode closed the mode that was blocked by it did not activate even if its triggers were still valid. Now they do. It needs just bit rethinking now since the "blocking" works the other way around kinda. But when I remake the UI there will be easy configuration such as set mode to block certain modes and the config is correctly added behind the scenes etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. Zahid's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #436  
    I wanted to create a mode that is almost identical to one that already exists, so I used Export Mode, modified the resulting Google Docs file, saved it under the same (original) name, and then tried to import it. However, MS apparently can't find the document--when I try to import, I get a message saying "Unable to List Documents! No documents matching the query." This happens whether or not I enter a filter phrase.

    Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
  17.    #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I wanted to create a mode that is almost identical to one that already exists, so I used Export Mode, modified the resulting Google Docs file, saved it under the same (original) name, and then tried to import it. However, MS apparently can't find the document--when I try to import, I get a message saying "Unable to List Documents! No documents matching the query." This happens whether or not I enter a filter phrase.

    Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong here?
    At least I am not aware of any bugs in import feature. So as long as the name of the document is the same it should be able to list it. Or actually with the current version its enough that the name of the document has [MSMODE] tag in it. Not sure why google docs would not be returning list of documents for you.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #438  
    Have to apologize Sconix.
    Earlier I thought mode switcher was messing up the proximity sensor. However, now I found out, that it is the locked screen. When I have a PIN to lock the phone and get a call, proximity sensor won't work. Getting a call on a unlocked screen and the sensor works regularly.

    Greetings
    Chris
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Have to apologize Sconix.
    Earlier I thought mode switcher was messing up the proximity sensor. However, now I found out, that it is the locked screen. When I have a PIN to lock the phone and get a call, proximity sensor won't work. Getting a call on a unlocked screen and the sensor works regularly.

    Greetings
    Chris
    Well thanks for letting me know, might test at some point if its a (what is most likely is) WebOS bug and maybe include a fix for it in my phone prefs patch which already has couple phone app bug fixes included...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    No, the battery trigger is always triggered on every different percentage divided by 5. So always when battery percentage changes the percentage is rounded to closest number that can be divided with 5 and if that number is different than previous time the trigger is triggered so it really should work in all situations.
    Hmmm... I have a modifier with the battery trigger set <20% + no charger attached. However it is not triggered (now down to 14%). If I start it manually, it just takes a few seconds to revert back to default mode.

    Is there a way to enable a log to see when which trigger is fired and when which mode starts?

    Thanks
    Chris

Posting Permissions