Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    will this app work on my new Veer?
    i'm finally upgrading from a Centro and couldn't live without the old Profiles app :-)
    I see you deleted your post from the MS 1.x thread. I started to move the post to here, but you beat me to it.

In time it will most likely work, but I think Sconix will have to update some things first.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the minimum is 0 so they should be off when set to minimum. To mute emails etc. you need to set their alert to mute. System volume is for system sounds only and media volume for media only they have no effect on ringtones/alerts.
    Thanks Sconix (and Oakridge_Outdoors)!

You guys make this seem like it's a piece of cake ... Minimum for me is not 0... still leaves 2 bars on the volume control display (hence the yelling wife).

I can't find any options to mute email or calendar, that is why I chose to silence the system sounds, which would be the ideal setting for me if the volume went all the way down to 0 for the Minimal setting.

Looking forward to any comments!
    I'm having a problem where when I try to manually switch off modes (and it should go to Default Mode), the banner pops up saying it's going to Default Mode and it actually switches the settings, but it never turns off the actual mode. It'll still be active as the mode I switched off. I have to disable and re-enable Mode Switcher for it to get right again (and sometimes Mode Switcher won't re-enable).

I can send a log if you want, just thought I would post to see if you would like me to try anything else.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'm having a problem where when I try to manually switch off modes (and it should go to Default Mode), the banner pops up saying it's going to Default Mode and it actually switches the settings, but it never turns off the actual mode. It'll still be active as the mode I switched off. I have to disable and re-enable Mode Switcher for it to get right again (and sometimes Mode Switcher won't re-enable).

I can send a log if you want, just thought I would post to see if you would like me to try anything else.
    Do you have any MS apps in your default mode, this sounds like configuration "problem", but then again the re-enabling problem tells otherwise. So try to catch those errors and send problem report after that has happened. See the wiki for how to do so, I added small section there about sending problem report.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by embo View Post
    Thanks Sconix (and Oakridge_Outdoors)!

You guys make this seem like it's a piece of cake ... Minimum for me is not 0... still leaves 2 bars on the volume control display (hence the yelling wife).

I can't find any options to mute email or calendar, that is why I chose to silence the system sounds, which would be the ideal setting for me if the volume went all the way down to 0 for the Minimal setting.

Looking forward to any comments!
    Well the bars you see normally is the ringtone volume. For the calendar and email settings you need to have advanced system prefs installed and advanced features enabled in the extensions configuration. The ringtone volume is the only one that have effect on the notifications, system and media volume does not have any effect on the notification sounds etc. System volume is for the system sound which are the swiff sound when swiping off a card etc. and media sound for music etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Is it possible to MUTE the sounds of the System and Media items in System Settings, rather then just setting them to "Minimal"? Wife was yelling at me last night cause of the email sounds still playing, and she could hear them...
    I have version 2.2.3...
    An alternative to muting your email would be to setup a nighttime/sleep modifier mode that sets email to manual for your normal sleep period.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    ...Minimum for me is not 0... still leaves 2 bars on the volume control display (hence the yelling wife)...
    When adjusting the volume settings in MS, are you using the slider to get to minimum/0 or are you tapping the Min/Max drop-down menu just above and to the right of each volume level?

Strange if you are still having a couple of bars if using the min/max and not manually sliding the volume slider.

What happens if you use the volume keys to lower the volume to no bars/0, then go into your mode, remove the Sounds settings group and then re-add it... does it work/maintain the 0 volume level then?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not. With the latest version of MS, I want to create a mode to automatically close my bluetooth music mode when I switch off my bluetooth headset.
    I have set the triggers to all unique and when BT is disconnected with Any Profile from the headset and while the display is locked.

What is happening is while the music is playing through the headset. As soon as I turn the screen off the mode triggered and closed.

is there something wrong with my setting or else?

thanks
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have a mode that is triggered by my BT Headset being connected. This mode launches Music Player Remix, when I turn off my BT Headset the MS Behavior 'On Close - CLOSE STARTED', closes MPR. I also pause MPR before letting it close.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not. With the latest version of MS, I want to create a mode to automatically close my bluetooth music mode when I switch off my bluetooth headset.
    I have set the triggers to all unique and when BT is disconnected with Any Profile from the headset and while the display is locked.

What is happening is while the music is playing through the headset. As soon as I turn the screen off the mode triggered and closed.

is there something wrong with my setting or else?

thanks
    Not quite sure what you are after but I think what you are after is any trigger as required option. Since with all unique both of those triggers need to be valid for the mode to be active and naturally changing display state will trigger the locked trigger and cause the mode to close. Not sure though what you want to achieve with the display locked trigger in your mode...
    Do you have any MS apps in your default mode, this sounds like configuration "problem", but then again the re-enabling problem tells otherwise. So try to catch those errors and send problem report after that has happened. See the wiki for how to do so, I added small section there about sending problem report.
    I looked at it again and it is not every mode, just this one mode (well, I have deleted and replicated the mode, so this one type of mode).

I have a default/Home mode with Wifi enabled, Roam Only. The mode that gets stuck is one I turn on when I leave home, which is Wifi Disabled, Automatic. The settings change, but it still reads as active. I will send you the report.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12.    #412  
    So today with help of couple users I found 2 bugs that can cause bit odd behavior or even mode changing not to complete. This will be fixed in tomorrows 2.2.5 release. Also I introduced a bug couple releases a go that caused messaging and email settings not to work. Also this bug is fixed in tomorrows release. So with 2.2.5 all bugs I am aware of have now been fixed.

I have also been working with the next 2.3.0 testing release which brings couple larger changes. So just to prepare those using testing releases that after upgrading to that version you cannot import modes/config from configs that are exported from older versions. So be sure to export your modes again after upgrading to 2.3.0 so that you can import them in the future if needed. I added version info into exports so in the future its possible to import older configuration if the configuration format ever changes. So the configuration you have will be updated so no need to worry about loosing the configuration, you just can not import older exported configs (since before now MS had no easy way of detecting what version of config you are trying to import).

I will continue doing testing releases until I have all the planned features ready, so next major public release will be most likely 2.5.0 and all releases until that are testing releases, but lets see. The 2.5.0 should be ready in the end of this month at the latest.
    Love this app! I've created a few MS that really suits my need to prolong battery life:
    - switch to 2G when screen is locked.
    - switch to 2G when WiFi is connected.

But there's a trigger that i can't seem to get it to work; the battery state trigger. I created a MS that will switch off WiFi, BT, GPS, Data, when battery is between 0 and 20% (just like Blackberry by default). This mode does not trigger for some reason. I've tried removing all MS and create only this one from scratch, but it still won't trigger.

I have SysPrefs installed, and the charger state trigger does work when testing.

I wonder what went wrong.
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by iskandarmuda View Post
    Love this app! I've created a few MS that really suits my need to prolong battery life:
    - switch to 2G when screen is locked.
    - switch to 2G when WiFi is connected.

But there's a trigger that i can't seem to get it to work; the battery state trigger. I created a MS that will switch off WiFi, BT, GPS, Data, when battery is between 0 and 20% (just like Blackberry by default). This mode does not trigger for some reason. I've tried removing all MS and create only this one from scratch, but it still won't trigger.

I have SysPrefs installed, and the charger state trigger does work when testing.

I wonder what went wrong.
    You mean that battery trigger never works for you even its the only trigger? You know that it does not triggered at every percent only every 5% so if you set the limits to 20%-50% for example and your battery is 32% it wont activate until it gets to 30% or 35%?

Battery trigger has failed me once or twice and I am not sure why, I will check the code once more before pushing 2.2.5 out now. If I can't find anything then I would need logs from this kind of situation where it fails to find out the reason.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I have also had sporadic failures on battery level triggers, but it seemed small potatoes compared to the bug you found yesterday, so I didn't worry about it. Is there something i should do if I encounter this again? Let me know and I'll feed you what information/logs I can.
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm pleased to report that email and messaging notifications now change appropriately. Thanks, sconix. (I did remove and re-add email and messaging settings from each mode that used them after updating to v2.2.5.)
    Not sure though what you want to achieve with the display locked trigger in your mode...
    The reason why I initially used the display locked trigger was because the Closing mode (trigger by BT disconnection) doesn't get triggered when I turn off my BT headset when the phone screen is off. But now I've found out the use of the Extension Settings and forcing the Connection Settings solved this problem.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Hmm... something seems to have eaten the block mode selection list for both my modes. I'm running v2.2.3, and I have a normal mode and a modifier mode. Is this expected behavior with 2.2.3 or is this indicative of something not having gone right in one of the many updates recently?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  19.    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Hmm... something seems to have eaten the block mode selection list for both my modes. I'm running v2.2.3, and I have a normal mode and a modifier mode. Is this expected behavior with 2.2.3 or is this indicative of something not having gone right in one of the many updates recently?
    See the wiki and changelog, block mode option has been gone for a while now. Since you can achieve the same (properly) with mode trigger and MS app if/when needed.
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    Mode Switcher wiki has comment on mode blocking in change log.