Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    As seen above, if you install MS 2.x from Preware and app tells you something about a service not running at startup, try install with WebOSQuickInstall-4.04. It works for me.
    2.2.3 not working for me. I'm travelling today, will try the wosqi method when I've rested from my trip...

edit. I'm getting he service error message. Updating didn't help
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 05/15/2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add comment
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    2.2.3 not working for me. I'm travelling today, will try the wosqi method when I've rested from my trip...

edit. I'm getting he service error message. Updating didn't help
    Wiki has info how to manually install the service file if the configurator fails to do that (i.e. you get the service error message).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post
    It might relate to my installation, how can I make a deep clean uninstall and reinstal ?

As for the problem I encounter:
    - no error message popup
    - the custom modes are gone, not greyed
    Well plain normal uninstall of the app should clear the database which is all that matters.

Is there anything that you could tell when this happens? Since it might be bug, but then there should be clear situation when it happens.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    hi, me again!

i'm dutifully upgrading as new versions come out, but i've been noticing a bit of an issue. It may be me being dumb but I can't work out what I might be doing wrong.

first of all whenever I restart the phone or disable then re-enable mode switcher, wifi comes on even though i've specifically selected "Do not set" in the default mode. If I turn off wifi then switch on mode switcher shouldn't wifi stay off?

that's not too much of a concern (although a potential battery waster). However, i've set a number of application triggers in a modifier mode called "Data on" so that data is turned on when they are in the foreground. These never kick in. However when I manually turn on the "Data on" mode then go into one of the applications (eg web) then the mode actually switches off!

any ideas?
    Well do you have any MS apps in your default mode that might trigger some other mode as well or something? If you have wifi connection state set to do not set in default mode there just ain't no way that MS would then change wifi state, since when some option is set to do not set the configuration is not stored for that item at all. Also the application thing sounds very odd. You should send me logs/configuration after those things happen, you can do so in MS via app menu-help-app menu-send problem report. You need to have lumberjack installed so that MS can read the logs. The best way is always reboot the phone then do the steps that cause the problem and right after send the problem report.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS 1.x has not been available for WebOS 2.x since MS 2.x was released, it kinda would work but only around 50% of the features would work. Anyway MS 2.x has less bugs, performs better and has more features so why would anyone want to run the older version...
    Thanks. Just for the delays, most what I used it for is to play music over bluetooth on the touchstone in my car. And also closing or not closing apps when removed from touchstone.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Thanks. Just for the delays, most what I used it for is to play music over bluetooth on the touchstone in my car. And also closing or not closing apps when removed from touchstone.
    Well the delays are coming soon, and I think even if I go with the per app delay it would work for your case.
    Well do you have any MS apps in your default mode that might trigger some other mode as well or something? If you have wifi connection state set to do not set in default mode there just ain't no way that MS would then change wifi state, since when some option is set to do not set the configuration is not stored for that item at all. Also the application thing sounds very odd. You should send me logs/configuration after those things happen, you can do so in MS via app menu-help-app menu-send problem report. You need to have lumberjack installed so that MS can read the logs. The best way is always reboot the phone then do the steps that cause the problem and right after send the problem report.
    i've got no MS apps in my default mode, nor any triggers. I can't work it out either. HOWEVER on the application thing I have managed to get it working, but *only* when a single app is designated as a trigger: I deleted all the apps then added just Web and the 3g kicked in as expected. I then added Facebook and neither would start the 3g when in the foreground. Then I removed web, restarted mode switcher and then when I had facebook in the foreground 3g kicked in.

if that doesn't help then i'll get lumberjack installed and start retracing my steps.
  8.    #388  
    i've got no MS apps in my default mode, nor any triggers. I can't work it out either. HOWEVER on the application thing I have managed to get it working, but *only* when a single app is designated as a trigger: I deleted all the apps then added just Web and the 3g kicked in as expected. I then added Facebook and neither would start the 3g when in the foreground. Then I removed web, restarted mode switcher and then when I had facebook in the foreground 3g kicked in.

if that doesn't help then i'll get lumberjack installed and start retracing my steps.
    Then you most likely have the required set to any group, when all of the triggers need to be valid in one of the group as the help text tells you and naturally if you have many then can never be.
    Then you most likely have the required set to any group, when all of the triggers need to be valid in one of the group as the help text tells you and naturally if you have many then can never be.
    oh sorry. Has this changed then? I had loads of apps set up previously and it was working fine. So if I want to have apps trigger the 3g connection then I can only have a maximum of 5? (I have 4 groups existing for the timed event and charger status
  10.    #390  
    oh sorry. Has this changed then? I had loads of apps set up previously and it was working fine. So if I want to have apps trigger the 3g connection then I can only have a maximum of 5? (I have 4 groups existing for the timed event and charger status
    Yes it has changed and it will change again for 2.3. I am making the groups the default operation to simplify things on the code/ui side and make the any trigger/all unique/all triggers to be set by per group. This should make life easier. The number of groups is also going to be dynamic in the 2.3 release.
    Yes it has changed and it will change again for 2.3. I am making the groups the default operation to simplify things on the code/ui side and make the any trigger/all unique/all triggers to be set by per group. This should make life easier. The number of groups is also going to be dynamic in the 2.3 release.
    aaah. That all makes sense then. Sorry the interface hadn't changed for it so it didn't occur to me that the behaviour had changed. Yes in this particular instance your "any trigger" idea would be just the ticket (I think?). Anyway while I wait for that i'll make do with my 5 most used connected apps in the list. Or maybe have a secondary modifier group.

Anyway. Thanks for putting up with my damn fool, RTFM questions and keep up the excellent work!
    I set up a normal mode - only trigger is touchstone (any orientation). No apps. Settings have Notify - Banner only, and Email (exchange account) - Alert Mute.
    Default mode has Notify at banner only, and Email (exchange) set to Alert - do not set, and Ringtone - do not set. Email itself is set (exchange) to Ringtone and "Subtle (short)".
    Pre is on touchstone, mode menu shows that the "touchstone" mode is active (Status: Normal Settings - Touchstone work ON) - but I'm still getting the sound when new email arrives.
    Also, with notify at "banner only" should I be getting sound alerts from calendar? They're still happening too...
    No modifiers, Sprint Pre- 2.1 with current Mode Switcher.

So, what piece did I forget to mention, or what did I miss in the wiki? I'm sure I did something wrong
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I set up a normal mode - only trigger is touchstone (any orientation). No apps. Settings have Notify - Banner only, and Email (exchange account) - Alert Mute.
    Default mode has Notify at banner only, and Email (exchange) set to Alert - do not set, and Ringtone - do not set. Email itself is set (exchange) to Ringtone and "Subtle (short)".
    Pre is on touchstone, mode menu shows that the "touchstone" mode is active (Status: Normal Settings - Touchstone work ON) - but I'm still getting the sound when new email arrives.
    Also, with notify at "banner only" should I be getting sound alerts from calendar? They're still happening too...
    No modifiers, Sprint Pre- 2.1 with current Mode Switcher.

So, what piece did I forget to mention, or what did I miss in the wiki? I'm sure I did something wrong
    First do you have adv sys prefs - email/messaging patches installed (just making sure)?
    If you have, then have you checked from the email app that does the alert setting change for that account or not when TS mode is on?

Then the notify setting means the notification when mode changes and has nothing to do with applications. If you want to control calendar settings then you need to add the calendar settings and change them.
    First do you have adv sys prefs - email/messaging patches installed (just making sure)?
    If you have, then have you checked from the email app that does the alert setting change for that account or not when TS mode is on?

Then the notify setting means the notification when mode changes and has nothing to do with applications. If you want to control calendar settings then you need to add the calendar settings and change them.
    Adv sys prefs are loaded. The email app has NOT changed. I also tried taking it off the TS, letting it switch to default, launching email, then putting it back on the TS (just to see what the open app would do). Didn't help.

I thought that was what notify was for, I was just trying to write down everything .

EDIT: And to add to the fun, on TS just now, got 2 Exchange emails very quickly. The first notification gave the system sound (which is not configured anywhere for email, although it is for calendar) and the second one gave the ringtone that email is configured for when off TS). Getting weirder...
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/16/2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: More fun
  15.    #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Adv sys prefs are loaded. The email app has NOT changed. I also tried taking it off the TS, letting it switch to default, launching email, then putting it back on the TS (just to see what the open app would do). Didn't help.

I thought that was what notify was for, I was just trying to write down everything .

EDIT: And to add to the fun, on TS just now, got 2 Exchange emails very quickly. The first notification gave the system sound (which is not configured anywhere for email, although it is for calendar) and the second one gave the ringtone that email is configured for when off TS). Getting weirder...
    Are you using the unknown contacts email alert setting? You should also install lumberjack, restart phone, and start the TS mode and after that send me the problem report (MS app menu-help-app menu-send problem report) so that I can take a look what is going on.
    Is it possible to MUTE the sounds of the System and Media items in System Settings, rather then just setting them to "Minimal"? Wife was yelling at me last night cause of the email sounds still playing, and she could hear them...
    I have version 2.2.3...
    Last edited by embo; 05/16/2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to add version number
  17.    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by embo View Post
    Is it possible to MUTE the sounds of the System and Media items in System Settings, rather then just setting them to "Minimal"? Wife was yelling at me last night cause of the email sounds still playing, and she could hear them...
    I have version 2.2.3...
    Well the minimum is 0 so they should be off when set to minimum. To mute emails etc. you need to set their alert to mute. System volume is for system sounds only and media volume for media only they have no effect on ringtones/alerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by embo View Post
    I have version 2.2.3...
    Well if you have the settings set to minimal, that is essential 0, so there should be no sound.

Secondly, you can set the alert sounds to mute for the email, calendar, etc... with the settings which would do the same thing as setting the volumes to 0.

I have 2.2.3 and a mode or two that set the volumes to minimum and I don't hear the sounds go off.

EDIT: Damn.. Sconix beat me to it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    will this app work on my new Veer?
    i'm finally upgrading from a Centro and couldn't live without the old Profiles app :-)
    Are you using the unknown contacts email alert setting? You should also install lumberjack, restart phone, and start the TS mode and after that send me the problem report (MS app menu-help-app menu-send problem report) so that I can take a look what is going on.
    I'm not using unknown contacts. I'll load lumberjack and send you a report as soon as I'm back near a touchstone.
    Thanks!

EDIT: Log sent - thanks again.
    Last edited by alacrify; 05/16/2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: update