Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Dang. It was on 20.3.11. It was several builds ago and I figured you were just too busy to respond. Actually I sent it to janne.julkunen@... I guess I should have followed up. I just forwarded the original message to scorpio...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Hey sconix....things still on course for you adding version 2.x to testing feeds sometime today? Have been really missing mode switcher on my 2.1 pre2 and want to start using again ) I know you're working hard and I've recently added your updated patches (Advanced Systems Behavior, Menus, Prefs, etc.) and am loving them as well. Will be donating to the cause and all your continued great work here in a moment.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by npyle View Post
    Hey sconix....things still on course for you adding version 2.x to testing feeds sometime today? Have been really missing mode switcher on my 2.1 pre2 and want to start using again ) I know you're working hard and I've recently added your updated patches (Advanced Systems Behavior, Menus, Prefs, etc.) and am loving them as well. Will be donating to the cause and all your continued great work here in a moment.
    Yes it will go to testing feed today no matter what. Still have 8 hours time to add finishing touches before going bed
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes it will go to testing feed today no matter what. Still have 8 hours time to add finishing touches before going bed
    Nice. I've been eagerly awaiting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    You are the man sconix!!!! Much appreciated and even though I wish I could've done more, sent you a donation earlier this morning (well morning my time zone) to say thanks for all of your effort and great work.
  6.    #26  
    Even though I have not been able to find more bugs for now I know that some triggers specially will have some left. So specially those with 20+ modes might want to start easy with the testing feed version. Manual mode changes have been solid and they are fast as hell on pre2 specially (almost instant). Triggers rely on a new activity system in WebOS that has couple smaller issues which should not cause any big problems for MS but I believe that they may cause some trigger to not trigger sometimes (like very rarely in special situation).

The situation with bluetooth & wifi is still bit uncertain, but what I do know is that the situation is bit better than in 1.4.5 where most users had lots of problems with having their state changed in the mode. Now it seems that at least the driver is not crashing anymore in WebOS 2.x so they work much better. Still have seen situation couple times that their state not changing everytime and I am looking into that if I can find the reason.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I too eagerly await MS 2.x! I just doctored my Spring Pre- to 2.1.0 two days ago, and can say that my life is incomplete without ModeSwitcher!!!

Quick question: I backed up my modes (about a dozen) with Save/Restore and have that data, but will I be able to restore those back with MS 2.x? If not it's no big deal, and I understand if I'd have to make some tweaks to it, but was just wondering if it might transfer a good bit over and have at least a groundwork of my past modes in place.

Also, for 5 of my main modes, I exported them to Google Docs - would I be able to use these to import my modes back in if the Save/Restore situation isn't possible?

Thanks a bunch!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I too eagerly await MS 2.x! I just doctored my Spring Pre- to 2.1.0 two days ago, and can say that my life is incomplete without ModeSwitcher!!!

Quick question: I backed up my modes (about a dozen) with Save/Restore and have that data, but will I be able to restore those back with MS 2.x? If not it's no big deal, and I understand if I'd have to make some tweaks to it, but was just wondering if it might transfer a good bit over and have at least a groundwork of my past modes in place.

Also, for 5 of my main modes, I exported them to Google Docs - would I be able to use these to import my modes back in if the Save/Restore situation isn't possible?

Thanks a bunch!
    You wont be able to restore MS 1.x config into MS 2.x, there was just way too many changes to make this possible. But the good news is that MS 2.x configuration should get stored in your palm profile.

And no importing of MS 1.x modes into MS 2.x is not possible neither, you could edit them manually but trust me it would take a week so just start fresh with MS 2.x.

Alpha MS 2.0 users should be able to import their modes, but even for them its recommended to start fresh.
    5.5 hours til bedtime

.....waiting.......

....waiting......

Last edited by sledge007; 04/13/2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: can't add hours :)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    You wont be able to restore MS 1.x config into MS 2.x, there was just way too many changes to make this possible. But the good news is that MS 2.x configuration should get stored in your palm profile.

And no importing of MS 1.x modes into MS 2.x is not possible neither, you could edit them manually but trust me it would take a week so just start fresh with MS 2.x.

Alpha MS 2.0 users should be able to import their modes, but even for them its recommended to start fresh.
    That's kinda what I expected, and it's completely understandable, so that works for me. I'll just have to dig into my memory to get things back to how the were (or better!).

Thanks!
  11.    #31  
    Mode Switcher 2.0 is now in the WebOS-Internals Testing Feeds. Remember that the testing feed rules apply. I hope to get good bug reports and fix most of the bugs within week or two and then release 2.1 into public feed with the help system added which is left out from 2.0 version.

Wiki updated and redmine bug report / feature request site in use, please see the first post for links.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Am I missing something, or are the charger triggers not available in this version?

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Am I missing something, or are the charger triggers not available in this version?

You are missing something You need advanced system prefs patches and then enable it from MS preferences.

MS can't check for those, so when you enable advanced patch stuff MS expects all to be installed.

Advanced system prefs - framework is needed for charger/battery trigger.
    Advanced system prefs - email/msg patches for working email/messaging settings.
    Advanced system prefs - calendar patch OR uber calendar patch for working calendar settings.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Ok, I didn't enable it in the preferences. I had been using the alpha versions and the setting stuck through updates. Didn't even think to check there. Thanks.

Possible bug (though expected):
    after installation on default mode creation the simple pin is not kept. It initially seemed to choose simple pin, then when i re-checked the settings it was "unsecure".

I recall having to set the simple pin in MS 1.x before too, so this is not a surprise to me.
    Just installed MS 2.x. I'm currently at work so I won't have time to set up and throughly put MS through it's paces until tonight. Can't wait to start tinkering with all the awesomeness.
    You are missing something You need advanced system prefs patches and then enable it from MS preferences.

MS can't check for those, so when you enable advanced patch stuff MS expects all to be installed.

Advanced system prefs - framework is needed for charger/battery trigger.
    Advanced system prefs - email/msg patches for working email/messaging settings.
    Advanced system prefs - calendar patch OR uber calendar patch for working calendar settings.
    Didn't think you'd mind: i edited the MS wiki FAQ/troubleshooting section to address adding the Framework patch for battery/charger triggers.
    I love it! Waiting patiently for delay triggers.

As seen above, if you install MS 2.x from Preware and app tells you something about a service not running at startup, try install with WebOSQuickInstall-4.04. It works for me.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

Thanks Sconix! I installed this morning. I don't undestand how to set up the "interval timer". With 1.4.5 it was clear! Let's say I want to turn on Data for 5 minutes every hour!?

Thanks

Marcel
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast