Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=sconix;2962146][QUOTE=Spikea4;2962106]I can't get this to work no matter what I do. I have installed/removed over and over. Every time I open the app up I get "mode switcher service not responding". I'm on Verizon Pre 2 (2.0.1). Any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing someting! Have have "Mode Switcher 2.2.3" installed.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Wiki has instructions for manual install of service if you get the service error no matter what. Its a webos service installation bug.[/QUOTE]

I am attempting it as we speak. I had to download "terminus" because "terminal" no longer works on the Pre 2. Causes a luna reboot when opened. Thank you!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Actually sorry this is a bug, there was some odd one file not being updated problem on this release which causes the problem you have for actually all with none existing configuration. Will fix this right away and release 2.2.3.
    sconix you're the man !

thx it works now with 2.2.3

I confirm initial setup ok and time interval ok
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Ok, manually installed and got it working. Now I can't get wallpaper to switch with time of day trigger. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Ok, manually installed and got it working. Now I can't get wallpaper to switch with time of day trigger. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

At least many have reported problems with wallpaper switching when screen off / when exhibition mode on which is a WebOS bug. Maybe you are facing those problems? If the mode changes but wallpaper does not then most likely that is your problem. If mode does not change then maybe your configuration.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    At least many have reported problems with wallpaper switching when screen off / when exhibition mode on which is a WebOS bug. Maybe you are facing those problems? If the mode changes but wallpaper does not then most likely that is your problem. If mode does not change then maybe your configuration.
    Nothing changes. :/

6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Nothing changes. :/

Then you most likely have still some problem with the installation try rebooting / re-installing etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    hello, do we not have the option to set delays before an app launches? I liked the delay because I would launch bluetooth first and had time to change select which device if necessary before the music player would launch
    First off, this app is awesome. Rules my Pre. Been loving it since 1.4.5 Thanks

Secondly, I really would love it if there was a setting in mode switcher to control what setting Exhibition was set to.

That way, when my phone restarts daily to clear its ram, it doesnt reset back to the Clock Exhibition but stays on the Agenda Exhibition which I prefer much more.

i just hate having to reselect it each morning. The whole point of Exhibition was this sort of passive showing of data when you effortlessly put the phone down on your touchstone, not scrolling through settings each time.

Set Exhibition Mode in Mode Switcher would be AWESOME.

Thanks
    I was going to try a GPS trigger for the first time. Does the GPS have to be turned on for it to work or can you get by with Location Services? How does the radius affect it? I just use Location Services and I was able to get a read on my current location. However, going from my location away past the chosen radius, the mode is not being triggered. How often does it check the GPS position?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I was going to try a GPS trigger for the first time. Does the GPS have to be turned on for it to work or can you get by with Location Services? How does the radius affect it? I just use Location Services and I was able to get a read on my current location. However, going from my location away past the chosen radius, the mode is not being triggered. How often does it check the GPS position?
    I am not sure about the location services, I would need to test this / check the docs how does one use location services. If its automatic and done by the location framework it still could be that the location services provide very large accuracy reading and MS dismisses the result. Anyway I will test this. GPS location is checked every 5 minutes when you are close to the location and otherwise the refresh time is calculated using a car speed and distance to the closest location trigger.
  11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    hello, do we not have the option to set delays before an app launches? I liked the delay because I would launch bluetooth first and had time to change select which device if necessary before the music player would launch
    I am still wrestling with myself how to do the application delays, I would not like to do it as it was in MS 1.x (per mode/app), instead I would like to do it per application only, but not sure if it then would work in a case such as you are suggesting.
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    First off, this app is awesome. Rules my Pre. Been loving it since 1.4.5 Thanks

Secondly, I really would love it if there was a setting in mode switcher to control what setting Exhibition was set to.

That way, when my phone restarts daily to clear its ram, it doesnt reset back to the Clock Exhibition but stays on the Agenda Exhibition which I prefer much more.

i just hate having to reselect it each morning. The whole point of Exhibition was this sort of passive showing of data when you effortlessly put the phone down on your touchstone, not scrolling through settings each time.

Set Exhibition Mode in Mode Switcher would be AWESOME.

Thanks
    I would like to have exhibition control as well, but its not possible at the moment. The API's only provide way to enable/disable exhibition modes and disabling one wont change the exhibition mode. So there is no way to control which exhibition mode is active via the current API's. I hope that they are adding API for that, but not sure since I guess the idea was that exhibition remembers what mode was active on which (version 2) touchstone.
    hello

I think I found a bug. I run webos 2.0.1, I have v2.2.3 installed, it works fine,.I create a couple of custom modes. I try them out, make a couple of switchings.

And then at one point MS seems to deactivate itself. I launch it and :
    1) the activation button is OFF but I can't switch it on
    2) all my custom modes are gone

I have to uninstall and reinstall MS

I did this at least 4 times yesterday, always the same bug

any help thx
    While I am trying to update Mode Switcher v2.2.3 I see there is an update for Advance System Prefs framework (Legacy) v2.1.0-90.

And although MS updated. ASP framework doesn't and Preware is saying I've some files missing.

So does it mean?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$
    I am still wrestling with myself how to do the application delays, I would not like to do it as it was in MS 1.x (per mode/app), instead I would like to do it per application only, but not sure if it then would work in a case such as you are suggesting.
    Thanks for the reply. Now for a stupid question: the older versions won't work with 2.1? And if so are they avaliable
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    While I am trying to update Mode Switcher v2.2.3 I see there is an update for Advance System Prefs framework (Legacy) v2.1.0-90.

And although MS updated. ASP framework doesn't and Preware is saying I've some files missing.

So does it mean?

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework367.jsjsjs.$rej$
    It looks like you have had failed uninstallation of the patch. You might need to run EPR and then use saved package list to install patches back.
  17.    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Now for a stupid question: the older versions won't work with 2.1? And if so are they avaliable
    MS 1.x has not been available for WebOS 2.x since MS 2.x was released, it kinda would work but only around 50% of the features would work. Anyway MS 2.x has less bugs, performs better and has more features so why would anyone want to run the older version...
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post
    hello

I think I found a bug. I run webos 2.0.1, I have v2.2.3 installed, it works fine,.I create a couple of custom modes. I try them out, make a couple of switchings.

And then at one point MS seems to deactivate itself. I launch it and :
    1) the activation button is OFF but I can't switch it on
    2) all my custom modes are gone

I have to uninstall and reinstall MS

I did this at least 4 times yesterday, always the same bug

any help thx
    Do you get any error popup or anything when this happens when you open MS? And are the modes really gone or is the MS app in the state that it does not allow any buttons to be pressed?

I know only one situation when something like modes wiping out should happen and it really should not be possible, I need to check the code again to be sure, but so far you are only one that has reported anything like this even from the beta phases of MS. So it might be that your installation has some problems with the database/services.
    Do you get any error popup or anything when this happens when you open MS? And are the modes really gone or is the MS app in the state that it does not allow any buttons to be pressed?

I know only one situation when something like modes wiping out should happen and it really should not be possible, I need to check the code again to be sure, but so far you are only one that has reported anything like this even from the beta phases of MS. So it might be that your installation has some problems with the database/services.
    It might relate to my installation, how can I make a deep clean uninstall and reinstal ?

As for the problem I encounter:
    - no error message popup
    - the custom modes are gone, not greyed
    hi, me again!

i'm dutifully upgrading as new versions come out, but i've been noticing a bit of an issue. It may be me being dumb but I can't work out what I might be doing wrong.

first of all whenever I restart the phone or disable then re-enable mode switcher, wifi comes on even though i've specifically selected "Do not set" in the default mode. If I turn off wifi then switch on mode switcher shouldn't wifi stay off?

that's not too much of a concern (although a potential battery waster). However, i've set a number of application triggers in a modifier mode called "Data on" so that data is turned on when they are in the foreground. These never kick in. However when I manually turn on the "Data on" mode then go into one of the applications (eg web) then the mode actually switches off!

any ideas?