Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    i use the top bar mode menu. for convenience sake: would it be possible to implement a setting where certain modes (defined in ms) just are activated or deactivated when tapping on them and not having to go through the submenu ("switch to this mode" "close this mode now")?
    You can hold the option key (orange/gray) on the keyboard and then tap the mode in your custom mode list to toggle it on/off.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    hello,

I do have some suggestions/issues with mode switcher 2.0 (pre plus gsm is used).

1st: i installed ndrive. however, if I set it as a trigger (in foreground) it isn't triggered. other apps trigger correctly (it is a fullscreen app, top bar and notification bar are not visible)

therefore the idea of

2nd:

i created a mode which enabled gps, sets govnah to 500 mhz and launches ndrive.

i use the top bar mode menu. for convenience sake: would it be possible to implement a setting where certain modes (defined in ms) just are activated or deactivated when tapping on them and not having to go through the submenu ("switch to this mode" "close this mode now")?

(this solution wouldnt be needed if 1 was solved but might be helpful nonetheless)

3rd:
    I'm sure it is difficult to implement, otherwise it would be there already:
    can MS distinguish between "in background" and "closed"?
    implementing this would solve a lot of hassles when data is turned on for apps in foreground and you switch apps.

thanks beforehand for your replies,

Heino
    First the application trigger wont work for all apps, specially for PDK apps. There just ain't proper framework in WebOS at the moment to do fully working app trigger. And there for gesture+tap in the old days for the quick action in the menus, but had to remove it because the gesture+tap is broken in 2.x. I am planning to add tweak option at some point for all of my menus that you can set the tap to the item to take the default action and tap-n-hold to open the drawer. No timeline when I add this though. And the in background and closed is not possible due to the first thing I said, the application handling framework in WebOS is at the moment next to none and the current application trigger is best that is possible at the moment.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hmmm... my notification is just saying loading or setting system settings. The name of the Mode that is activates is not in there.

I would like to see somehow what mode is triggered. Can I find it in the logs with lumberjack?

Greetings
    Christian
    If you have configured the mode to use banner as notify setting then you get always banner telling what mode is starting/closing on manual mode starts and updating system settings on triggered mode starts. At the moment MS does not / can not know what modes are triggered it just creates new settings based on active modes. You can use mode popup (by selection/after timer options) if you want to see what mode(s) is being triggered.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Just a question:

The version of Mode Switcher before it went public worked so that if I switched from a Normal Mode+Modifier to a Different Normal Mode (well, at least to my Default Mode), it would disable the modifier mode. Since getting the public release, it doesn't do that. Is that intended now?

Basically I have an Out mode (changes connection to Automatic, enables Data) and a Bluetooth modifier, both of which are manually triggered. When I got back home, I used to be able to just toggle the Out mode and the Bluetooth modifier would go with it as the settings went back to Default, but now the bluetooth stays on. I enabled the Forced Settings option for Connection settings, but no change. Jw if this is the new behavior now...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the trigger delays are coming for sure, but this question was about the application launch delays which was in MS 1.x.
    Oh I never used application delays so o can't comment on that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Really sorry but I have another question. In my desperation before I managed to downgrade myself to 2.1.3. I've upgraded now to 2.2.1 and then RESTARTED my phone (rather than luna restart - thanks all!) and all is working fine.

However... I want to be able to switch my 3G connection on for a minute every hour, but the timed interval option is gone. The custom time is there - does this mean I now have to set a one minute event 23 times? If it does so be it, but I thought i'd ask. And apologies if it's a dumb uestion, I know i've asked enough of those!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Really sorry but I have another question. In my desperation before I managed to downgrade myself to 2.1.3. I've upgraded now to 2.2.1 and then RESTARTED my phone (rather than luna restart - thanks all!) and all is working fine.

However... I want to be able to switch my 3G connection on for a minute every hour, but the timed interval option is gone. The custom time is there - does this mean I now have to set a one minute event 23 times? If it does so be it, but I thought i'd ask. And apologies if it's a dumb uestion, I know i've asked enough of those!
    Don't have my phone handy, but have you turned on advanced features? I think it's part of that...
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    About application delays. I agree that the main thrust is to allow for the data link to be setup in situations where wifi/data is being turned on. However also consider the use case where one would like a certain set of applications to be started in a paticular sequence. This is useful in the case where one would like an application to be in the foreground when a few of them are started. For instance Pandora in background and navigation in foreground when an "In Car" mode (or viceversa depending on personal preference) is triggered. At least that is how I used to use application delays back in the 1.x days. 3-sec delay for the media player of choice and 30-sec delay for both navigation and trapster.

One comment: what happened to time interval triggers in 2.2.1? Seems to have disappeared.

One feature request: ability for a mode to run for only a certain period of time and then turn off. The motivation is to allow for certain actions to be performed (turn off BT to force a disconnection from a device). Actually it would be nicer still if there could be a "connect-to/disconnect-from BT" action that could be selected upon mode start/closure.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  9.    #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Just a question:

The version of Mode Switcher before it went public worked so that if I switched from a Normal Mode+Modifier to a Different Normal Mode (well, at least to my Default Mode), it would disable the modifier mode. Since getting the public release, it doesn't do that. Is that intended now?

Basically I have an Out mode (changes connection to Automatic, enables Data) and a Bluetooth modifier, both of which are manually triggered. When I got back home, I used to be able to just toggle the Out mode and the Bluetooth modifier would go with it as the settings went back to Default, but now the bluetooth stays on. I enabled the Forced Settings option for Connection settings, but no change. Jw if this is the new behavior now...

The modifier modes closing with normal modes was a bug, it should not happen since modifier modes are not tied to the normal mode. So if you want that behavior you have to configure your normal mode to close modifier modes on mode close.
  10.    #350  

It seems that I introduced a small "bug" that can cause some extensions not to be loaded for all, it is fixed in 2.2.2 that I release today.
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    About application delays. I agree that the main thrust is to allow for the data link to be setup in situations where wifi/data is being turned on. However also consider the use case where one would like a certain set of applications to be started in a paticular sequence. This is useful in the case where one would like an application to be in the foreground when a few of them are started. For instance Pandora in background and navigation in foreground when an "In Car" mode (or viceversa depending on personal preference) is triggered. At least that is how I used to use application delays back in the 1.x days. 3-sec delay for the media player of choice and 30-sec delay for both navigation and trapster.

One comment: what happened to time interval triggers in 2.2.1? Seems to have disappeared.

One feature request: ability for a mode to run for only a certain period of time and then turn off. The motivation is to allow for certain actions to be performed (turn off BT to force a disconnection from a device). Actually it would be nicer still if there could be a "connect-to/disconnect-from BT" action that could be selected upon mode start/closure.
    Well the MS tries to start the apps in the order they are in the list, so the app delays should not be needed for that, of course as said the application managing is bit wonky in WebOS.

Yes I introduced a bug that some extensions was not loaded for all, depending on when you started to use MS in the first place. Is fixed in 2.2.2 which I release soon. The connect / disconnect action is not a bad idea, will add it to the todo list. About the running mode only for certain period of time, its bit harder to implement, but will have to think if possible to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It seems that I introduced a small "bug" that can cause some extensions not to be loaded for all, it is fixed in 2.2.2 that I release today.
    i've just downloaded 2.2.2 and restarted my pre and I can confirm that the timed interval option is back. Thanks a lot - great work. I'm now a happy camper! :-D
    i've just downloaded 2.2.2 and restarted my pre and I can confirm that the timed interval option is back. Thanks a lot - great work. I'm now a happy camper! :-D
    well for me it's another story. I noticed the time interval gone with v2.2.1, so I deleted MS (via preware) and reinstall it. Then when I start MS it cannot pass the initial setup (retrieving default settings), it just shows a blank page.

I have upgraded to v2.2.2 but to no avail... Any help on that? Thx
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post
    well for me it's another story. I noticed the time interval gone with v2.2.1, so I deleted MS (via preware) and reinstall it. Then when I start MS it cannot pass the initial setup (retrieving default settings), it just shows a blank page.

That means that the bundled binary service is not installing properly. You might want to try removing MS and reboot and then try installing it again.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Anyone else not being able to update through Preware? I get the non-stopping spinning circle.
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2004 View Post

Actually sorry this is a bug, there was some odd one file not being updated problem on this release which causes the problem you have for actually all with none existing configuration. Will fix this right away and release 2.2.3.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I can't get this to work no matter what I do. I have installed/removed over and over. Every time I open the app up I get "mode switcher service not responding". I'm on Verizon Pre 2 (2.0.1). Any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing someting! Have have "Mode Switcher 2.2.3" installed.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Could be a couple of things...

1) Try uninstalling and reinstalling. The install might not have be completely successful.

2) Sometimes this happens if you back-swipe within the app to quickly (multiple swipes). This may not be your case, but that will sometimes give a blank screen and you have to just close MS and reopen MS for it to be back to normal.

My guess is on #1.
    Ok I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, pulled the battery, uninstalled and reinstalled some more and no luck. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? My mode configuration screen is always blank. Save/restore doesn't recognize mode switcher being installed either so I can't restore my saved settings. Any help would be appreciated.
  19.    #359  
    [QUOTE=Spikea4;2962106]I can't get this to work no matter what I do. I have installed/removed over and over. Every time I open the app up I get "mode switcher service not responding". I'm on Verizon Pre 2 (2.0.1). Any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing someting! Have have "Mode Switcher 2.2.3" installed.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Wiki has instructions for manual install of service if you get the service error no matter what. Its a webos service installation bug.
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Ok I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, pulled the battery, uninstalled and reinstalled some more and no luck. Anybody have any idea what might be wrong? My mode configuration screen is always blank. Save/restore doesn't recognize mode switcher being installed either so I can't restore my saved settings. Any help would be appreciated.
    There was a bug, the latest 2.2.3 shoul work. And there is no need for save+restore, the configuration is stored in palm profile,and you can also export your modes for manual backup.