Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    hi again. Ot of desperation I uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times and eventally it kicked into life. Trigger groups seem to be disabled though?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    hi again. Ot of desperation I uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times and eventally it kicked into life. Trigger groups seem to be disabled though?
    One thing I've noticed is I'm far safer doing a full phone reboot instead of Luna restart - I do it now after every update just to avoid any chance of issues.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    One thing I've noticed is I'm far safer doing a full phone reboot instead of Luna restart - I do it now after every update just to avoid any chance of issues.
    I have doing that as well and I think I will add the phone restart instead of luna for the next release. It should not be needed but it clearly seems that the service installation procedure is buggy as hell in the WebOS 2.x. I could add required checks etc. in to the post install script, but don't feel like fixing clear WebOS problem with a solution that should not be needed. So I add the restart for now and lets see with next WebOS version if the installation works any better.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I didn't use app launch delays in 1.4.5, and i'm at a bit of a loss to think of what i would use them for myself... The more customizable option is to have it be on a per-mode basis.
    I haven't used the delays myself neither hence I am asking from the users since at least on MS 1.x there was users that used them and some did miss them when I released MS 2.x beta. So thats why I want to know is there need for them anymore or if the global one would work which would be much easier and more importantly cleaner (more efficient) to implement and it would not clutter the UI that much.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #325  
    Yes the problem you had was an installation problem, not sure why its happening but seems that restart right after updating MS (against just doing luna restart) usually avoids many problems. Do you mean that you can't access groups even if the required is set to any grouped?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I would like to have opinion about the application launch delays. In MS 1.x they were per application and per mode, but I am bit reluctant to see that being very useful. At the moment I think the only use for application launch delay is to make sure that internet is for example available before app starts, so would global per application based launch delay configuration be enough?

I.e. you could add additional delays for applications that you use in your modes globally, such as make browser launching be delayed by 5 seconds in every mode and not per mode. Or is there anymore need for the application launching delays.... I really haven't tested how it is in WebOS 2.x that do apps recover if internet is not there when started or does the MS 2.x switch mode so fast that wifi is up before apps launches.

So please provide feedback for me in this manner...
    I vote for the delays. Mode Switcher 2.XX is so fast turning data on and off now that when I try to reply to an email i get a mode switch because the email app has to do minimize and maximize again and sometimes the mode doesn't turn back on. Wifi is no problem it is only when I am using EVDO because I am not around a known wifi.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi,
    just downloaded and tried MS 2.2.1. Seems to be a good improvement. But what does the extensions do? I looked up in the Manual, but didn't find a chapter for it. If I should test it, some help is needed. :-)

Following things I tried so far:
    • Touchstone modifier: Charge and Put the Pre2 in Quiet Mode, so no sound notifications, no ringer sounds, airplane mode. Seems to work good. However I had the feeling, that it turned on the screen when being finished with charging. I need to verify that, could be that it was sth. else.
    • BT Headset modifier: Pop up contacts and disable the PIN when my Bluetooth headset is connected. Turn off Bluetooth as soon as the headset disconnects (otherwise I forget :-)). Works now and turns of BT nicely.
    • Low Battery mode: Turns off everything other than phone to save energy when below 20%. Not tested yet, but had no troubles in previous versions. It takes a while to get to 20% :-)
    • Home WLAN modifier: Turn on Wireless on certain GPS coordinates. Not working very well. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, not very reliable. I guess this is due to the GPS tracking. I will try to create a mode that turns on every 15min and checks for certain Wireless and is ended when connection to the Wireless is lost. Not sure if disabled GPS would help on the battery as well.

So far the modes I have. If someone wants them, I can export them.

Things I would like to see:
    • Reset button to default mode, I do not have the menu patches installed, so if I try modes and mess up, it is annoying to reset mode switcher
    • The notification could pop up the name of the mode being activated.

Greetings
    Christian
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I vote for the delays. Mode Switcher 2.XX is so fast turning data on and off now that when I try to reply to an email i get a mode switch because the email app has to do minimize and maximize again and sometimes the mode doesn't turn back on. Wifi is no problem it is only when I am using EVDO because I am not around a known wifi.
    Yes the trigger delays are coming for sure, but this question was about the application launch delays which was in MS 1.x.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hi,
    just downloaded and tried MS 2.2.1. Seems to be a good improvement. But what does the extensions do? I looked up in the Manual, but didn't find a chapter for it. If I should test it, some help is needed. :-)

• Touchstone modifier: Charge and Put the Pre2 in Quiet Mode, so no sound notifications, no ringer sounds, airplane mode. Seems to work good. However I had the feeling, that it turned on the screen when being finished with charging. I need to verify that, could be that it was sth. else.
    • BT Headset modifier: Pop up contacts and disable the PIN when my Bluetooth headset is connected. Turn off Bluetooth as soon as the headset disconnects (otherwise I forget :-)). Works now and turns of BT nicely.
    • Low Battery mode: Turns off everything other than phone to save energy when below 20%. Not tested yet, but had no troubles in previous versions. It takes a while to get to 20% :-)
    • Home WLAN modifier: Turn on Wireless on certain GPS coordinates. Not working very well. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, not very reliable. I guess this is due to the GPS tracking. I will try to create a mode that turns on every 15min and checks for certain Wireless and is ended when connection to the Wireless is lost. Not sure if disabled GPS would help on the battery as well.

• Reset button to default mode, I do not have the menu patches installed, so if I try modes and mess up, it is annoying to reset mode switcher

Greetings
    Christian
    You should get banner for the mode being activated and you can start/close apps from the MS app or from launcher icons as well. And extensions stand for those settings/triggers which all are extensions, i.e. MS features are extendable via extensions. They are not that visible for users though since MS "loads" them on as needed basis.
    Hi,

Greetings
    Christian
    How do you get you bluetooth modifier to turn off bluetooth once the headset disconnects?

Thanks
    Trigger delays=important
    Application launch delays=unimportant

To this user anyway...
    Yes the problem you had was an installation problem, not sure why its happening but seems that restart right after updating MS (against just doing luna restart) usually avoids many problems. Do you mean that you can't access groups even if the required is set to any grouped?
    well the trigger groups are greyed out and won't respond to being tapped. I'd like to create triggers for different charging scenarios and battery levels. I've added triggers in the main group but i've not been running my new configuration long enough yet to know if it works.

while i'm about it, I have mode switcher set up to turn my 3g connection on when certain apps are in the foreground. However what I can't work out is how to make it kick in with a Just Type search. I can of course start the browser and do a search like that, but mode switcher is so transparent I often forget and sit there waiting lol. Is there anyway to do this?

I shouldn't moan though. Mode switcher is a wonderful piece of software (as are all your offerings) and it saves me stacks of battery juice. It's just I always want to do that teensy bit more... :-)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    How do you get you bluetooth modifier to turn off bluetooth once the headset disconnects?
    Thanks
    It is a modifier Mode.
    • Connection Settings all on "do not set", just Bluetooth on "enable".
    • Trigger is a BT Connection Trigger with State = Connected to, Profile = Hands Free and then the name of my headset

I have to start bluetooth on my own, then when the headset connects, the modifier is activated by the trigger. Since bluetooth is already enabled, the setting in the connections has no effect. When the headset disconnects, the trigger is not valid anymore, so the modifier disables, "rolling" back the settings it made: enabling the bluetooth.

Basically I take advantage that the modifier is just undoing what it was setup to do, while it is not checking if it had an effect in the first place. :-)

@Sconix: please do not change that

Greetings
    Chris
    I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and I'm having problems. Whenever I try to modify or add a new mode the mode configuration screen is blank. I basically can't do anything.
    well the trigger groups are greyed out and won't respond to being tapped. I'd like to create triggers for different charging scenarios and battery levels. I've added triggers in the main group but i've not been running my new configuration long enough yet to know if it works.

while i'm about it, I have mode switcher set up to turn my 3g connection on when certain apps are in the foreground. However what I can't work out is how to make it kick in with a Just Type search. I can of course start the browser and do a search like that, but mode switcher is so transparent I often forget and sit there waiting lol. Is there anyway to do this?

I shouldn't moan though. Mode switcher is a wonderful piece of software (as are all your offerings) and it saves me stacks of battery juice. It's just I always want to do that teensy bit more... :-)
    Are all triggers grayed out? Or just the ones for battery and charging?

If the latter, read the beginning of the wiki page. I have listed what advanced patches are needed for certain triggers to be enabled in MS. In this case it would be the Advanced Systems Prefs - Framework (any version). If you already have that installed just verify that you have the advanced features toggled on in the Extensions (found in the app menu).

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/13/2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added wiki link.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and I'm having problems. Whenever I try to modify or add a new mode the mode configuration screen is blank. I basically can't do anything.
    Could be a couple of things...

1) Try uninstalling and reinstalling. The install might not have be completely successful.

2) Sometimes this happens if you back-swipe within the app to quickly (multiple swipes). This may not be your case, but that will sometimes give a blank screen and you have to just close MS and reopen MS for it to be back to normal.

My guess is on #1.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    sorry, sorry, sorry i'm an *****. I thought i'd set it to any group but I must have accidentally set it back.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    You should get banner for the mode being activated and you can start/close apps from the MS app or from launcher icons as well. And extensions stand for those settings/triggers which all are extensions, i.e. MS features are extendable via extensions. They are not that visible for users though since MS "loads" them on as needed basis.
    Hmmm... my notification is just saying loading or setting system settings. The name of the Mode that is activates is not in there.

I would like to see somehow what mode is triggered. Can I find it in the logs with lumberjack?

Greetings
    Christian
    Hmmm... my notification is just saying loading or setting system settings. The name of the Mode that is activates is not in there.

I would like to see somehow what mode is triggered. Can I find it in the logs with lumberjack?

Greetings
    Christian
    Would the Status (under the app menu) help? It tells you what modes are currently active.

Also you can tap a mode in the custom mode list and then select Status from the app menu under each mode.

hello,

I do have some suggestions/issues with mode switcher 2.0 (pre plus gsm is used).

1st: i installed ndrive. however, if I set it as a trigger (in foreground) it isn't triggered. other apps trigger correctly (it is a fullscreen app, top bar and notification bar are not visible)

therefore the idea of

2nd:

i created a mode which enabled gps, sets govnah to 500 mhz and launches ndrive.

i use the top bar mode menu. for convenience sake: would it be possible to implement a setting where certain modes (defined in ms) just are activated or deactivated when tapping on them and not having to go through the submenu ("switch to this mode" "close this mode now")?

(this solution wouldnt be needed if 1 was solved but might be helpful nonetheless)

3rd:
    I'm sure it is difficult to implement, otherwise it would be there already:
    can MS distinguish between "in background" and "closed"?
    implementing this would solve a lot of hassles when data is turned on for apps in foreground and you switch apps.

thanks beforehand for your replies,

Heino