Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I have "Car" mode set to open/close immediately based solely on BT connection to my stereo. Opening the mode seems to work 100% of the time, but closing the mode when I turn my car (and stereo) off seems be only 80%-90% reliable. This is a big improvement from last week, but obviously not perfect yet. I'm not sure why it's inconsistent; I have been unable to detect a pattern. Would you like me to submit a log next time this occurs?

Thanks for this great app!
    I have a hunch why it is, but sending log certainly will help. I.e. currently I think its WebOS "limitation" to make a 100% bluetooth trigger, but log can prove me wrong and make me able to make it better.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #302  
    I just pushed 2.1.3 into public feed and 2.2.0 into testing feed, should be there soon (within hour).

Those running the testing version (2.2.0) please let me know if you use some of the new features and its working for you (of course also if its not) so that I can make it a public release asap. Please note that the unknown contacts prefs gets set by MS but the change is not visible in contacts app preferences (update for the adv sys prefs patch is coming soon that fixes this).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what are those new features in 2.2.0.

Another (even more stupid) question: I've read about a mode repository where one could get pre-fabricated modes to import. Does such a repository exist for MS 2?

Thanks
    Sconix: 2.2 i'm seeing a couple bugs.
    - The "Add Service" button doesn't work. And when i hit it i get a "Object #<a PhoneConfig> has no method 'appid', InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:705" Uncaught TypeError from lumberjack.
    - I have my default mode set to "last active", but when i rebooted it first loaded the last mode i had active, then switched to the default mode.

I'll send you the log.
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but what are those new features in 2.2.0.

Another (even more stupid) question: I've read about a mode repository where one could get pre-fabricated modes to import. Does such a repository exist for MS 2?

Thanks
    Wiki has always the latest release info + upcoming releases etc.

There was plans for mode repository, but since google docs did not fit well for that purposes it has been suspended for now. I still would like to have an easy way to share modes between users so maybe in the future.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: 2.2 i'm seeing a couple bugs.
    - The "Add Service" button doesn't work. And when i hit it i get a "Object #<a PhoneConfig> has no method 'appid', InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:705" Uncaught TypeError from lumberjack.
    - I have my default mode set to "last active", but when i rebooted it first loaded the last mode i had active, then switched to the default mode.

I'll send you the log.
    There was stupid bug left in 2.2.0 that two extensions have the same name which causes the service problem. I am releasing 2.2.1 later today.

About the startup problem can you reboot and test it again, if it was just because of the update. There should not be changes to the startup procedure.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    In the new version, I can't seem to find the setting for the touch stone. In the 1.x version you could set it various conditions - like keeping the display on continually, etc,.

It it not in this release, or am I overlooking something obvious? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Review the wiki (See OP for link).

You need to have some of the Advanced patches installed in order to use some features of MS. The feature your looking for is added by some of those patches.

If you have those advanced patches installed that add that functionality to MS, be sure to turn on the Advanced Features option in the MS Preferences as stated a post above this.

The wiki details which patch and more.
    In the previous versions on the 'Behavior' setting there were 2 options, 1. On Charger and 2. Notify

On the 2.x version there is only one option under Behavior which is the Notify. Are you saying that there is a patch that add the On Charger setting back to the behavior tab? I have read thru the manual and wiki and cant find any info - which I may have over looked, but am missing it for sure.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    In the previous versions on the 'Behavior' setting there were 2 options, 1. On Charger and 2. Notify

On the 2.x version there is only one option under Behavior which is the Notify. Are you saying that there is a patch that add the On Charger setting back to the behavior tab? I have read thru the manual and wiki and cant find any info - which I may have over looked, but am missing it for sure.
    The notify behavior options that used to be two have been consolidated into one setting. Sconix changed that a version or two ago.

If you are referring to the touchstone trigger, that you do need one of the advanced patches for which is explained on the wiki. If that is not what you mean, then I am not sure what your after.

I didn't recall what setting you are referring to, so I went back and looked at the PDF Manual for 1.x. I see what you mean, I believe that setting was removed or consolidated as I mentioned earlier or done a different way. I honestly can't remember cause it has been a long time since using 1.x

As for the manual, that is really for MS 1.x. While some/most of the content applies to MS 2.x, MS 2.x has changed a lot from 1.x and even more so with recent versions. I am working on a usage section for the wiki that will basically be along the lines of what the PDF manual was for 1.x, but will be geared towards MS 2.x.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/12/2011 at 10:33 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've got a Pre2 with 2.1.0 and had Mode Switcher 2.1.2 installed. Preware indicated an update was available so I tapped install and everything went smoothly. After my Luna restart I noticed the icon was gone although Preware still shows Mode Switcher as installed. I tried uninstalling via Preware and it just spins forever. I ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility and it seems to run fine but I never get Mode Switcher back, even after a reboot.

Is this an upgrade bug or did something else bomb on my phone?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by seseattle; 05/12/2011 at 12:05 PM.
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by seseattle View Post
    I've got a Pre2 with 2.1.0 and had Mode Switcher 2.1.2 installed. Preware indicated an update was available so I tapped install and everything went smoothly. After my Luna restart I noticed the icon was gone although Preware still shows Mode Switcher as installed. I tried uninstalling via Preware and it just spins forever. I ran Emergency Reconstruction Utility and it seems to run fine but I never get Mode Switcher back, even after a reboot.

Is this an upgrade bug or did something else bomb on my phone?

Thanks,
    Scott
    I can say that much that its something in your phone. Uninstalling and installing back should work.
  11.    #311  

Yes the screen state option is not yet in 2.x since the exhibition mode has made it more difficult to implement the screen state functionality.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    In the 1st image it shows the behavior setting (open a mode/settings/Behavior)from 1.x that gave the option that while it is on a charger you can set the time limit for screen on, including 'always on' This was great for my use in that you can leave the power setting say at 1 min and would only be over ridden if it were charging.

The 2nd attachment shows the behavior setting (open a mode/settings/Behavior) in 2.x. It's only option is notify, and the 'on chaqrger' gone.

I just wanted to clarify that this the setting - and confirm that it is no longer available in 2.x, or do I need to go wiki hunting again. Thank you - very much appreciate the help and guidance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    See Sconix's post above yours.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thanks - should have refreshed before I posted. Again, thank you for the assistance.
  15.    #315  
    In the 1st image it shows the behavior setting (open a mode/settings/Behavior)from 1.x that gave the option that while it is on a charger you can set the time limit for screen on, including 'always on' This was great for my use in that you can leave the power setting say at 1 min and would only be over ridden if it were charging.

The 2nd attachment shows the behavior setting (open a mode/settings/Behavior) in 2.x. It's only option is notify, and the 'on chaqrger' gone.

I just wanted to clarify that this the setting - and confirm that it is no longer available in 2.x, or do I need to go wiki hunting again. Thank you - very much appreciate the help and guidance.
    Well the screen always on you can do, just set the screen timeout to never. It should do the trick in charger as well to keep the screen on. But turning screen off is not possible at least yet.
    Last edited by sconix; 05/12/2011 at 12:42 PM.
  16.    #316  
    I would like to have opinion about the application launch delays. In MS 1.x they were per application and per mode, but I am bit reluctant to see that being very useful. At the moment I think the only use for application launch delay is to make sure that internet is for example available before app starts, so would global per application based launch delay configuration be enough?

I.e. you could add additional delays for applications that you use in your modes globally, such as make browser launching be delayed by 5 seconds in every mode and not per mode. Or is there anymore need for the application launching delays.... I really haven't tested how it is in WebOS 2.x that do apps recover if internet is not there when started or does the MS 2.x switch mode so fast that wifi is up before apps launches.

So please provide feedback for me in this manner...
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if the delay would solve this problem, but my apps don't always open. I have Facebook, Tweed, Calendar, and Weather Dashboard set to open in my default mode. Rarely do all the apps open, usually calendar is the one that doesn't get opened. It may be a bottleneck so a delay might help. I have not had any issues with connectivity for apps though and I usually have data and wifi off prior to those apps opening.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I'm not sure if the delay would solve this problem, but my apps don't always open. I have Facebook, Tweed, Calendar, and Weather Dashboard set to open in my default mode. Rarely do all the apps open, usually calendar is the one that doesn't get opened. It may be a bottleneck so a delay might help. I have not had any issues with connectivity for apps though and I usually have data and wifi off prior to those apps opening.
    What my experience is that many of the WebOS 2.x problems involve with different type of timeout etc. problems. The application launching is one of them, when many requests are made some of them timeout (most likely, can not think any other reason why the request is not obeyed). With fast device such as pre2 and well running system the apps start quite nicely (i.e. with high certainty). I already delay the apps starting with 250ms per app so that the apps start in correct order. But I cannot add the delay to be much more since then starting of 5 apps would take many seconds which I don't want. So yes adding the manual delay for some apps would make them start more often, but not sure if I would like to add that feature only for getting around the suckiness of the app launching in WebOS. For future version I will add bit longer delay than 250ms maybe it helps also for this problem...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/12/2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I would like to have opinion about the application launch delays. In MS 1.x they were per application and per mode, but I am bit reluctant to see that being very useful. At the moment I think the only use for application launch delay is to make sure that internet is for example available before app starts, so would global per application based launch delay configuration be enough?

I.e. you could add additional delays for applications that you use in your modes globally, such as make browser launching be delayed by 5 seconds in every mode and not per mode. Or is there anymore need for the application launching delays.... I really haven't tested how it is in WebOS 2.x that do apps recover if internet is not there when started or does the MS 2.x switch mode so fast that wifi is up before apps launches.

So please provide feedback for me in this manner...
    I didn't use app launch delays in 1.4.5, and i'm at a bit of a loss to think of what i would use them for myself... The more customizable option is to have it be on a per-mode basis.
    i've been using mode switcher in the power saving configurations found elsewhere in these forums and have found it works brilliantly (except for one minor flaw which i'll not mention here.

i've been dutifully upgrading. I noticed in the last version that when I clicked on the extensions menu item nothing happened, but I thought nothing more of it. I upgraded to 2.2.1 a couple of hours ago thinking extensions would work and discovered that not only did extensions not work but also to my horror that my custom mode pages were completely blank. I don't mean erased but totally blank.

I resigned myself to uninstalling and then reinstalling and typing all the mode switching in again. Now I find a blank page when it tries to get the default mode. Ilve waited several minutes but nothing happens.

is it broken? Have I somehow broken it?

i'm on an O2 Uk pre plus running webos 2.1with uberkernel and the latest version of govnah, and the latest version of all the framework patches.

any advice or pointers would be very much appreciated as my battery's going to be taking a hit now! Lol