Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,
    thanks for picking up all the things I throw in here.
    Guess now I have a question rather than a bug.
    How often is the GPS Position triggered?

I did the following.
    1. Created a modifier that turns on Wireless when I am at home.
    2. Created a normal mode, that turns on flight mode when putting the Pre2 on the touchstone and closes the wireless modifier created in 1.

This worked so far:
    - Getting home, after a while it activated Wireless. (Status showed, that default mode + wireless modifier was active)
    - Putting it on the touchstone, which turned on the touchstone normal mode (flight mode) and deactivated the wireless modifier
    - Taking it off the touchstone and I get back to default mode, flight mode is deactivating, thus turning on Wireless.
    - I manually turn off wireless.

Now however it is not reactivated by the wireless modifier. I am still home, so the GPS should be ok as it was in the beginning?

Any idea?

Greetings
    Chris
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I did the following.
    2. Created a normal mode, that turns on flight mode when putting the Pre2 on the touchstone and closes the wireless modifier created in 1.

This worked so far:
    - Getting home, after a while it activated Wireless. (Status showed, that default mode + wireless modifier was active)
    - Putting it on the touchstone, which turned on the touchstone normal mode (flight mode) and deactivated the wireless modifier
    - Taking it off the touchstone and I get back to default mode, flight mode is deactivating, thus turning on Wireless.

Now however it is not reactivated by the wireless modifier. I am still home, so the GPS should be ok as it was in the beginning?

Any idea?

Greetings
    Chris
    So if you haven't left the location the GPS trigger wont trigger again, it waits until you get away from the location. So if you want to switch to your home mode when closing some other mode then you need to add the MS app into the other mode and set it to trigger your home mode before mode close. Then it checks if the home mode should be active and if yes starts that instead of default mode.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Is there still a way to log into all messaging accounts?
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Is there still a way to log into all messaging accounts?
    Well by setting the state for all accounts in the configuration.... or what do you mean? I am bit lost here what you mean or mainly why are you asking if you mean MS. If you mean the messaging prefs patch change that makes the login to be per account then yes there is. Just tap-n-hold the state button to set the state for all account at once (see the wiki for other features).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    So, based on the P|C article, this is targeted to 2.0 devices, or just 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can add support for executing script via the systoolsmgr. Already added this feature for the todo list of 2.2.0 (which means that it can come in any version before 2.2 or at the latest for that version). This is easy to do so I will most likely add it rather soon, I first just want to wait and see for bugs to fix them in couple of the first 2.1 releases before I start adding new stuff.
    a big +1 I would love to be able to have mode switcher run a command to clean up the swap memory when the screen is shut off or at certain intervals. Pre- running 2.1 gets so bogged down, this could really make my pre- life happier.

thanks for all the awesomeness you bring to my pre experience
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,

I did the following.

This worked so far:

Any idea?

Greetings
    Chris
    Which Trigger do you use foor the Touchstone Mode?
    I think there was a Charger-Trigger in 1.x but in this version I can't find it.
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbecker View Post
    So, based on the P|C article, this is targeted to 2.0 devices, or just 2.1?
    MS works on all 2.x versions but the advanced prefs patches are only available for 2.1. So you can not get all the features when running MS on 2.0.x.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by ice8lue View Post
    Which Trigger do you use foor the Touchstone Mode?
    I think there was a Charger-Trigger in 1.x but in this version I can't find it.
    See the wiki, although MS should ask you on the very first start about enabling advanced features and about what is needed and what they provide such as the charger trigger.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Can anyone give me a failsafe recipe for a night mode that, while charging on a touchstone, the Pre will keep the screen completely off and dark, with no blinking or banner?

I can't turn on airplane mode because I need to receive mails from a specific mail account which is hooked into a house alarm.

I've set both blink notify and lock notify (under screen settings) to disabled, as well as every e-mail and messaging account, but the led still blinks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Can anyone give me a failsafe recipe for a night mode that, while charging on a touchstone, the Pre will keep the screen completely off and dark, with no blinking or banner?

I can't turn on airplane mode because I need to receive mails from a specific mail account which is hooked into a house alarm.

I've set both blink notify and lock notify (under screen settings) to disabled, as well as every e-mail and messaging account, but the led still blinks!

If you disable the blink notify under screen setting then blink notification is disabled globally. Are you sure that the mode changed to your night mode? Then can you check when in night mode that is the setting really applied (i.e. in the screenlock app is the blink notify set to disabled). Then tell me what is causing the blink, is it received email or message or what? This can be a bug, but please give me the above info so I know better where to look for.

I'm unclear what causes Exhibition to go from screen totally off, to exhibition mode. I think it can happen from the battery hitting full charge, and other things. So until MS supports turning off the screen i think you're out of luck.

It's not a huge help, but i'd suggest you download the Nightstand exhibition mode.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'm unclear what causes Exhibition to go from screen totally off, to exhibition mode. I think it can happen from the battery hitting full charge, and other things. So until MS supports turning off the screen i think you're out of luck.

It's not a huge help, but i'd suggest you download the Nightstand exhibition mode.
    As far as I know the screen goes on from off state when the battery charged notification is shown. I plan to add a timeout for turning the screen back off in such situation into my advanced sys behavior patch soon if possible (it should be as far as I know).
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    If you disable the blink notify under screen setting then blink notification is disabled globally. Are you sure that the mode changed to your night mode? Then can you check when in night mode that is the setting really applied (i.e. in the screenlock app is the blink notify set to disabled). Then tell me what is causing the blink, is it received email or message or what? This can be a bug, but please give me the above info so I know better where to look for.
    Hi. I redid a battery of tests using the MS 2.1.2 released yesterday. (Pre 2 unlocked GSM on WebOS 2.1). All advanced pref patches are installed.

I "tag" all of my normal and even modifier modes by changing the background, and I have the adv system menu patch which displays the name of the current mode. To triple check that "Night" mode was indeed engaged, I also pulled down the menu and checked the settings (i.e. sound levels and screen brightness down to minimum, etc.)

Sorry I didn't provide more info earlier; I've read the whole post and the wiki's and I just wanted to check first that it's not already a known issue before I gave you details. So...details below!

"Night" mode's relevant settings:
    Behavior: Notify=disabled
    Calendar, Email (all accounts), Messaging: all are Blink=disabled, Alert=Mute
    Screen:
    > Turn Off after = 2 minutes (see the "SMS test" below)
    > Blink Notify = disabled
    > Locked Notify = disabled

There are others, but irrelevant, I think. I attached an export in the .doc below; I replaced my actual e-mail addresses with ***DELETED**. So I normally have blinking and/or banners disabled globally (thru Screen settings) and once again for overkill (through individual account settings)

I placed the Pre in Night mode, verified it was indeed engaged, then tested for (1) phone calls, (2) SMS (not Gtalk though) and (3) e-mails when the phone was in the following N (not charging, screen off), TS (charging on the Touchstone, screen switched off manually by hitting the power button in exhibition mode) and WC (on the wallcharger, screen off). Phew! Here we go:

(1) Phone calls (missed of course)
    N: Lockscreen with large grey missed call popup and 2 seconds later screen turned off, one slow blink. Strangely enough, after about a minute, the 1 slow changed to 2 rapid. (I didn't understand why 1 slow changed to 2 fast, so I verified it a few times and confirm that there were no other pending notifications.)
    TS: Exhibition mode with large grey missed call pop-up, and 1 slow blink. After about a minute, the pop-up minimized to a missed call icon in the notification bar
    WC: Phone wakes into normal operation with same large grey missed call pop-up in the notification bar (if any cards are open, they are reduced in size). After a minute, the pop-up minimizes to a missed call icon in the notification bar, and the phone remains awake for two minutes (see screen setting above)

(2) SMS
    N: Lockscreen opens, First few words of SMS are displayed in the notification bar (above the lockscreen lock icon), screen immediately turns off again, no blinking.
    TS: Phone wakes into exhibition mode, with the same thin notification (first few words), minimizing almost immediately to a small SMS icon (no text, just the speech bubble icon). Exhibition mode stays on and doesn't close. No blinking.
    WC: Phone wakes into normal operation, the same thin notification (first few words) appears in notification bar, but screen immediately (2 seconds or so) turns itself off again. No blinking.

(3) E-MAIL
    N: Screen stays off, two fast blinks
    WC: Screen stays off, two fast blinks.
    TS: Screen stays off, one slow blink (???)

I've used MS v.1 before (I've even RTFM), so I'm not a newbie. From the settings I've used, I believe that incoming SMS and mails should keep the screen (and LED) dark in all 6 cases, right?

@NickVTPre: No, Nightstand is alas still too bright.

Does anyone else have the same results as me? Many people must be using a similar Nighttime setting?

**Bonus request: is it possible to add "mute" as one of the choices in ringer switch settings even when "Switch On"?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Goyena; 05/11/2011 at 10:04 AM.
  15.    #295  
    Hi. I redid a battery of tests using the MS 2.1.2 released yesterday. (Pre 2 unlocked GSM on WebOS 2.1). All advanced pref patches are installed.

I "tag" all of my normal and even modifier modes by changing the background, and I have the adv system menu patch which displays the name of the current mode. To triple check that "Night" mode was indeed engaged, I also pulled down the menu and checked the settings (i.e. sound levels and screen brightness down to minimum, etc.)

Sorry I didn't provide more info earlier; I've read the whole post and the wiki's and I just wanted to check first that it's not already a known issue before I gave you details. So...details below!

**Bonus request: is it possible to add "mute" as one of the choices in ringer switch settings even when "Switch On"?
    The screen operation MS has no effect at the moment. It operates as it does (which is badly). For the exhibition staying on is one of the most stupid things for which I plan to add fix for my behavior patch (if its possible) in near future.

But about the blink setting, you did not tell me that did you check the screenlock preferences app when the mode is active to see what the blink setting is (i.e. is that changed by MS or not). For now I am only interested about the screen blink setting (not messaging/email account) since when that is disabled _all_ blink notifications should be disabled and this is something that is done on system level. So first I would need to know does MS not change that setting for you or it does but it has no effect.

About the bonus request, sadly there is no way to add extra choices for the ringer switch states since the options are hard coded in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Blinks:
    Yes, the toggle in the Screen app was had been set to OFF.

I had had previously difficulties with MS not being able to effect changes, until I went myself into those apps and changed them manually a least once, sort of like that had to be initialized.

So I turned blink to ON, closed the card for good measure, then turned it back to off, and the blinks didn't come back.

Strangely enough, now I can't seem to use MS to turn both settings (locked notify, and blink) back ON.

Concerning notifications, I realize now that "Locked Notify" is exactly that, "lock screen" being different than "exhibition" and "screen off". Sigh.
  17.    #297  
    Blinks:
    Yes, the toggle in the Screen app was had been set to OFF.

I had had previously difficulties with MS not being able to effect changes, until I went myself into those apps and changed them manually a least once, sort of like that had to be initialized.

So I turned blink to ON, closed the card for good measure, then turned it back to off, and the blinks didn't come back.

Strangely enough, now I can't seem to use MS to turn both settings (locked notify, and blink) back ON.

Concerning notifications, I realize now that "Locked Notify" is exactly that, "lock screen" being different than "exhibition" and "screen off". Sigh.
    I think I might know what could be causing this, could you send me your whole mode configuration (just export all modes from the app menu and send it as a txt/doc). Remove any sensitive information, I am mainly interested about how all your modes such as default mode has those blink / locked settings stored.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hi Sconix,
    thanks for looking into it. To have enough work for you :-), I found another thing:
    If I add a GPS trigger and want to lookup an address, I first see Finnland. If I put in the address and press enter, the screen turns blue and no map is displayed. Going back gives no GPS coordinates.
    Using the actual position however works fine.

Greetings
    Chris

I was able to reproduce so will fix for 2.1.2.
    Hey Sconix,
    retested the issue. Still not working. :-(
    If I go to "Select new Location", I get now the map of my actual position, but entering an address and hitting Enter, nothing happens. Pressing Done, puts in my actual position.

Greetings
    Christian
  19.    #299  
    Hey Sconix,
    retested the issue. Still not working. :-(
    If I go to "Select new Location", I get now the map of my actual position, but entering an address and hitting Enter, nothing happens. Pressing Done, puts in my actual position.

Greetings
    Christian
    Hmm that should only happen if google geocoder can not find any locations for the given address. For testing purposes provide me with the address that you are trying to search with so that I can test and see if I still missed something. At least it now worked for my home address...
    I have "Car" mode set to open/close immediately based solely on BT connection to my stereo. Opening the mode seems to work 100% of the time, but closing the mode when I turn my car (and stereo) off seems be only 80%-90% reliable. This is a big improvement from last week, but obviously not perfect yet. I'm not sure why it's inconsistent; I have been unable to detect a pattern. Would you like me to submit a log next time this occurs?

Thanks for this great app!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey