Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I'm getting the "Service Not Responding" error on my 2.0.1 VZW Pre 2 and have tried reinstalling and rebooting multiple times. Please help!
    I added information about how to fix this into the wiki under troubleshooting.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Phone app tested and now launches @ startup....Thanks....

UPDATE: Looks like the phone app only opens on a device restart when I do a luna restart it doesn't load the phone app?!?! Sconix can you see if you have same results? Thanks.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Starts for me, but it seems that the fix that I added for phone startup (apps are now started after luna has started and not while its being started) does not apply for restarting luna. The apps still get started on luna restart while luna is being started which causes slow devices to not open the applications. I am afraid that I can not do anything about this, don't see a way to know when luna is started on luna restart only in phone restart. Which makes sense since luna was never meant to be restarted originally. The restart of luna is done by killing the luna process which naturally is something that the system was not intended for.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I'm getting the "Service Not Responding" error on my 2.0.1 VZW Pre 2 and have tried reinstalling and rebooting multiple times. Please help!
    Did you do a full phone restart? Luna reboot won't do it.
    Hey Sconix or Oakridge Outdoors: are one of you guys going to write an article about the public release of MS 2.1? If that is something you want i would be willing to write, or contribute to it. It definitely deserves the publicity!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Hey Sconix or Oakridge Outdoors: are one of you guys going to write an article about the public release of MS 2.1? If that is something you want i would be willing to write, or contribute to it. It definitely deserves the publicity!
    Public release information I believe will be released to P|C for a story.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6.    #266  
    There should be release article on the works for precentral, but if somebody wants to write article for webosroundup / webosworld and they are willing to release it, then I would be more than happy about that. There was someone who wrote very nice and long article the last time about MS 1.x for webosroundup (if my memory serves me right it was webosroundup).
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...There was someone who wrote very nice and long article the last time about MS 1.x for webosroundup (if my memory serves me right it was webosroundup).
    That was dvdmon and was at webosroundup.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    played around a bit more with the Application and found the following:
    - If I add a Mode Switcher Action to start a mode, but do not fill in Mode, leave the screen and then come back, the dropdown list for Mode is empty. I then have to delete the complete Action and add it again.

- I have a "BT Mode" Modifier, that removes the PIN when my headset is connected to the phone. To that I added an mode switcher action:
    Execute: After Mode Close
    Action: Start Mode
    Mode: Turn BT Off

"Turn BT Off" is a modifier, disabling BT. I intended to turn of BT as soon as my headset disconnects.
    However it is not started when the Headset disconnects. The "BT Mode" Modifier closes regularly.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks
    Chris
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey Sconix,
    played around a bit more with the Application and found the following:
    - If I add a Mode Switcher Action to start a mode, but do not fill in Mode, leave the screen and then come back, the dropdown list for Mode is empty. I then have to delete the complete Action and add it again.

- I have a "BT Mode" Modifier, that removes the PIN when my headset is connected to the phone. To that I added an mode switcher action:
    Execute: After Mode Close
    Action: Start Mode
    Mode: Turn BT Off

"Turn BT Off" is a modifier, disabling BT. I intended to turn of BT as soon as my headset disconnects.
    However it is not started when the Headset disconnects. The "BT Mode" Modifier closes regularly.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks
    Chris
    I will check the first one why it looses the mode lists and fix it.

For the second, it looks correct, are you sure that the turn bt off mode wont start or that just BT won't disconnect? Since the radio controls (wifi/bt) have problems on some installations (webos bug).

EDIT: for the first one, the mode should have previous mode as default so what you mean don't fill the mode?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will check the first one why it looses the mode lists and fix it.

For the second, it looks correct, are you sure that the turn bt off mode wont start or that just BT won't disconnect? Since the radio controls (wifi/bt) have problems on some installations (webos bug).

EDIT: for the first one, the mode should have previous mode as default so what you mean don't fill the mode?
    I left the previous mode in there. Then moved out of the screen, created the Mode to call and came back. Then trying to select the mode, I got a small grey square in the middle of the screen.

For he second: Yes it is activating the "Turn BT Off", but the BT stays on. Seems to be a WebOs Bug then. :-(
  11.    #271  
    I left the previous mode in there. Then moved out of the screen, created the Mode to call and came back. Then trying to select the mode, I got a small grey square in the middle of the screen.

For he second: Yes it is activating the "Turn BT Off", but the BT stays on. Seems to be a WebOs Bug then. :-(
    Ok then for some reason the app could not contact the service to get the list. It should have been possible just go back and enter again for the list to get fetched again, but re-adding the ms app does the same.

I am trying to experiment with the radio settings that is there any way I could make them more certain. Unfortunately I am not seeing the problem on my pre2, but I am going to try with my dev pre- when I have the time to play with it more. The problem is that I don't get why the state change for wifi/bt is not always happening when MS does it compared to if you do it yourself from the device menu. The API/code that is used is exactly the same int both cases so it should work with both ways. Hence I believe that it is some weird problem in WebOS services etc. that maybe when MS does the request it timeouts more easily or something like that. But I will try to see if there would be any workaround etc.
    I have this as well. I wasn't sure how to replicate the problem, but what chris42 has said works for me. With a modifier mode that i've created i go into the Actions page and try to edit the mode in a "mode switcher" action (Execute: before mode start. Action: close mode. Mode: current mode.) When i hit the "current mode" dropdown it shows an empty gray box.
    Anyone have a suggestion for getting MS to run a couple commands from the command line? I'd like to get MS to trigger a disc cache dump when it launches the music player:

Code:
    sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
    Not sure if this is possible, or if there is a workaround to get there (like creating a HB app that does this, and then calling that?).

for anyone that is curious, on my 2.1 Pre+ once the disc cache fills up my music player starts stuttering. It's really annoying... if i dump the disc cache it stops, until it fills up again anyway.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix and Outridge, thanks for the great work. I have 2.1.1 loaded up on a Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1 (EU GSM unlocked).

Don't know if it's worth it to mention, but I have no security set on my Pre, so there is no lock screen - except for exhibition mode - when it's on the touchstone.

I have a wallpaper change with each normal mode switch. When a mode switch happens and the Pre is on the touchstone and in exhibition mode or with the screen manually switch off (power button press when in exhib mode), the wallpaper is only changed on the lock screen, but not the "desktop".

Meaning that if I swipe up to turn off exhib mode, I see the previous mode's wallpaper. When I pick up the Pre and hit the power button twice (to turn off the screen, then back on into the lock screen), I see the "new" wallpaper. Once I drag up the lock icon to unlock, I see the "old" wallpaper again.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,
    thanks for looking into it. To have enough work for you :-), I found another thing:
    If I add a GPS trigger and want to lookup an address, I first see Finnland. If I put in the address and press enter, the screen turns blue and no map is displayed. Going back gives no GPS coordinates.
    Using the actual position however works fine.

Greetings
    Chris
  16.    #276  
    I have this as well. I wasn't sure how to replicate the problem, but what chris42 has said works for me. With a modifier mode that i've created i go into the Actions page and try to edit the mode in a "mode switcher" action (Execute: before mode start. Action: close mode. Mode: current mode.) When i hit the "current mode" dropdown it shows an empty gray box.
    Thanks, with this description I was able to reproduce this. Will be fixed in 2.1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi Sconix and Outridge, thanks for the great work. I have 2.1.1 loaded up on a Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1 (EU GSM unlocked).

Don't know if it's worth it to mention, but I have no security set on my Pre, so there is no lock screen - except for exhibition mode - when it's on the touchstone.

I have a wallpaper change with each normal mode switch. When a mode switch happens and the Pre is on the touchstone and in exhibition mode or with the screen manually switch off (power button press when in exhib mode), the wallpaper is only changed on the lock screen, but not the "desktop".

Meaning that if I swipe up to turn off exhib mode, I see the previous mode's wallpaper. When I pick up the Pre and hit the power button twice (to turn off the screen, then back on into the lock screen), I see the "new" wallpaper. Once I drag up the lock icon to unlock, I see the "old" wallpaper again.
    I use wallpaper switcharoo (set to change every hour) and it does the same thing - I think this is a Pre problem, not a MS problem...
  18.    #278  
    Hi Sconix,
    thanks for looking into it. To have enough work for you :-), I found another thing:
    If I add a GPS trigger and want to lookup an address, I first see Finnland. If I put in the address and press enter, the screen turns blue and no map is displayed. Going back gives no GPS coordinates.
    Using the actual position however works fine.

Greetings
    Chris
    I was able to reproduce so will fix for 2.1.2.
  19.    #279  
    Anyone have a suggestion for getting MS to run a couple commands from the command line? I'd like to get MS to trigger a disc cache dump when it launches the music player:

Code:
    sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
    Not sure if this is possible, or if there is a workaround to get there (like creating a HB app that does this, and then calling that?).

for anyone that is curious, on my 2.1 Pre+ once the disc cache fills up my music player starts stuttering. It's really annoying... if i dump the disc cache it stops, until it fills up again anyway.
    I can add support for executing script via the systoolsmgr. Already added this feature for the todo list of 2.2.0 (which means that it can come in any version before 2.2 or at the latest for that version). This is easy to do so I will most likely add it rather soon, I first just want to wait and see for bugs to fix them in couple of the first 2.1 releases before I start adding new stuff.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post

Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    I use wallpaper switcharoo (set to change every hour) and it does the same thing - I think this is a Pre problem, not a MS problem...
    Yes the wallpaper setting acting wonky is WebOS bug. I should add note about this into the wiki. All other settings are known to work fully, but wallpaper and all the radio related settings have problems for some. But oddly enough I can not get the wallpaper thing to happen nor the bluetooth state not changing at the moment, but I have had them to happen at some point. When I start experience them more often then I can see if there is a workaround to make them work better, but until that will have to wait and hope that next WebOS release is a huge bug fix release and these among the other things gets fixed.