Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Thank you very much for your quick response ! I look forward to Monday and be sure I'll make a donation because it is the best application I've used!
  2.    #242  
    Just pushed 2.0.8, so it should show up rather soon in the testing feed. Its the last testing release before Mondays public release. Please report any problems you have with this release so I can still fix them for the 2.1.0 release.

EDIT: 2.0.9 coming out soon, small feature/UI change that I want to happen for 2.1... so skip the updating of 2.0.8 if you haven't already since 2.0.9 out very soon...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/06/2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Just pushed 2.0.8, so it should show up rather soon in the testing feed. Its the last testing release before Mondays public release. Please report any problems you have with this release so I can still fix them for the 2.1.0 release.
    will you be adding the contacts control, allowing the ability to block callers or block those not in your contact list, under a certain mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    will you be adding the contacts control, allowing the ability to block callers or block those not in your contact list, under a certain mode.
    That is a future release. See the wiki status section for details.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I plan extend the controllable settings at some point, but no timetable for those additions yet. Anyway this is definitely one of the settings that I might add.
    Ok i'll check the Wiki
    EDIT: 2.0.9 coming out soon, small feature/UI change that I want to happen for 2.1... so skip the updating of 2.0.8 if you haven't already since 2.0.9 out very soon...
    Hopefully that small UI change is putting "Preferences" back into the app menu...
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Hopefully that small UI change is putting "Preferences" back into the app menu...
    No, actually I am removing more stuff The preferences is now the extensions item in the menu and I removed the banner configuration since I fixed the banner code properly now so that if all modes have it disabled it is disabled. So no need for the extra setting
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #248  
    Next 2.0.9 release will be out about 8-10 (need to sleep) hours and it will be the last testing feed release for sure
    No, actually I am removing more stuff The preferences is now the extensions item in the menu and I removed the banner configuration since I fixed the banner code properly now so that if all modes have it disabled it is disabled. So no need for the extra setting
    Where is the popup sound option then?

From the wiki:
    Added configurable sound for the popup into MS preferences
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  10.    #250  

From the wiki:
    Now the mode notify setting (set on the modes settings page) determines also the sound setting for the popup. So if mode change is set to use sound for notifying then the sound is also used for the popup if the mode is configured to use popup. If set to banner only then no sound is used for the popup neither.

EDIT: will fix the wiki note it was my first change to add option for it but then I realized that it was actually double configuration for one thing since its all about mode changing even when using popup so the mode notify setting should be used.

From the wiki:
    If you're referring to actually picking the pop-up sound, I don't believe that is what was meant. Rather as Sconix just explained it most likely what was meant.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    It seems that the "changing wallpaper issue while screen if off is still a bug?"
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Even if the wiki lists it under 2.2.0 it means that it might happen already in 2.1.1 release... So they are just things that will be there when 2.2.0 is out, but might be earlier but not for 2.1.0.
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    It seems that the "changing wallpaper issue while screen if off is still a bug?"
    If this was reported earlier then I have forgot to test this. But this sound something that is WebOS bug. It should not matter whether the screen is on or off for changing the wallpaper. At least I don't know how I could turn on the screen when changing wp and it sounds rather hacky But I will test this for 2.1.0 and if there is something I can do about this I will fix it for 2.1.0.

EDIT: do you have banner off then or how you get the screen stay off when mode changes?
    Sconix: glad to hear you are improving the notifications. Those have been bugging me.

Wanted to say thanks, and give you a heads up that the Clock app is now launching properly on boot with 2.0.8. Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Clock app is now launching properly on boot with 2.0.8. Nice work!
    I am still having no luck with some stock apps such as Phone, I will check others to see which ones are still an issue. I did have luck with the clock app too. Hopefully you can get phone to launch @ startup!

Thanks,

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: glad to hear you are improving the notifications. Those have been bugging me.

Wanted to say thanks, and give you a heads up that the Clock app is now launching properly on boot with 2.0.8. Nice work!
    I haven't tested all the notification cases so let me know if something is still wonky. Good that the app launched for you now, I found a way to start the apps when luna has fully started.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I am still having no luck with some stock apps such as Phone, I will check others to see which ones are still an issue. I did have luck with the clock app too. Hopefully you can get phone to launch @ startup!

Thanks,

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Phone app does not seem to launch even on normal mode change, maybe I have some bug in the phone extensions. I'll check it and if there is will fix it and release 2.0.9.

EDIT: There was a bug, fixed in 2.0.9, just re-add the phone apps into the modes and it should work now. Same bug was also in the browser extension, fixed as well...
    Last edited by sconix; 05/07/2011 at 02:49 AM.
    Phone app does not seem to launch even on normal mode change, maybe I have some bug in the phone extensions. I'll check it and if there is will fix it and release 2.0.9.

EDIT: There was a bug, fixed in 2.0.9, just re-add the phone apps into the modes and it should work now. Same bug was also in the browser extension, fixed as well...
    Phone app tested and now launches @ startup....Thanks....

UPDATE: Looks like the phone app only opens on a device restart when I do a luna restart it doesn't load the phone app?!?! Sconix can you see if you have same results? Thanks.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Last edited by CaliMark; 05/07/2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    I'm getting the "Service Not Responding" error on my 2.0.1 VZW Pre 2 and have tried reinstalling and rebooting multiple times. Please help!