Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well the JSTop app would need launch parameters that would support doing the garbage collection from it.

The other option might be with the Systoolsmgr from Jason R. which 2.0.5 will now use for doing the luna restarts and stuff via MS. Maybe Jason could add someway to do that, then MS might be able to control it. (That is if it is not already in Jason's services)
    OK. Cool. I'll cross post in the systoolsmgr and see what Jason says.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I just tried the Mode Switcher on my Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1.0. So far it is working without problems. However I noticed a few things:
    - The default Settings are working different to the Custom Settings, e.g. Security has 2x to enter the PIN. This I could do directly in the default mode, but in the custom mode, I got the second entry field only after I entered the first field.
    - the swipe to delete animation is not there. I swipe and the item just disappears
    - The Unlock mode was not read correctly when creating the default mode and therefore disabled.
    - I am missing an overall option to mute sound at all, like using the switch on top (e.g. for nightstand touchstone).
    - I can only dim the screen, not completely turn it off, like using the power switch twice on the touchstone.

Maybe you want to consider some of the points.

Thanks for an awesome app!
    Chris
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey,
    I just tried the Mode Switcher on my Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1.0. So far it is working without problems. However I noticed a few things:
    - The default Settings are working different to the Custom Settings, e.g. Security has 2x to enter the PIN. This I could do directly in the default mode, but in the custom mode, I got the second entry field only after I entered the first field.
    - the swipe to delete animation is not there. I swipe and the item just disappears
    - The Unlock mode was not read correctly when creating the default mode and therefore disabled.
    - I am missing an overall option to mute sound at all, like using the switch on top (e.g. for nightstand touchstone).
    - I can only dim the screen, not completely turn it off, like using the power switch twice on the touchstone.

Maybe you want to consider some of the points.

Thanks for an awesome app!
    Chris
    1) This is a bug, only one field should be shown when passwords does not match not otherwise, but now if you have security set the configuration is shown incorrectly at first. This will be fixed for 2.1 which will have other app related fixes as well.

2) Not sure about what swipe animation you are talking about, for me they all work. And this is something MS has no effect on the widgets work as they work MS has no way to cause some animation not to work. Although if you are talking about the settings groups etc with slow device its possible that you miss the animation. Pre2 shows them just fine. However this is one area that sucks, the UI/app side of MS is ****ty, but I have been putting the UI rewrite forward until enyo is in devices so that I can do a rewrite with enyo.

3) If you have security mode it will be always set to disabled in default or any other modes since MS can't get the password so it would be harmful for MS to set any other that unsecure mode without user setting it since the password/pin input is needed from user.

4) Not sure what you mean with this. You can set the switch to mute all sounds with MS if you are after that. I.e. you can create a mode that sets all sounds off and have it triggered by the silent switch. If this is not what you are after please clarify.

5) Yes WebOS does not offer direct way to do this at the moment and I have been too busy to try and find one not so direct way, but I am guessing it wont be even possible at the moment since there is no control over exhibition and fighting against that might be something that does not end well (i.e. the turning off the screen would not work always etc.). But this is definitely in the todo list its just that I don't know easy (or even hard way at the moment) way to do this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey Sconix,
    thanx for the quick reply.
    to 2) if I compare it with the E-Mails, if I swipe left to right, the "Email" looks like being loose and I can move it with my finger until swiping it off the screen.
    In MS however, the settings stay where they are, but finishing the swiping gesture, then the setting disappear.

to 4) hmm... then I must have missed that option. I wanted to turn all sounds off when putting it in the touchstone. However in the sound settings I could only move it to minimum.

to 5) then I'll wait :-)

Greetings
    Chris
  5.    #205  
    Hey Sconix,
    thanx for the quick reply.
    to 2) if I compare it with the E-Mails, if I swipe left to right, the "Email" looks like being loose and I can move it with my finger until swiping it off the screen.
    In MS however, the settings stay where they are, but finishing the swiping gesture, then the setting disappear.

to 4) hmm... then I must have missed that option. I wanted to turn all sounds off when putting it in the touchstone. However in the sound settings I could only move it to minimum.

to 5) then I'll wait :-)

Greetings
    Chris
    At least for me the swiping is normal with the settings as well, but I know that how the UI is made at the moment it is heavy and at least pre- might have trouble showing always the animation, but as said the UI is due for remake.

Well the minimum is 0 so the sound is off then. I know its a bit confusing but once again the UI side I haven't put lot focus on since I am making a new one at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #206  
    I have almost finished the 2.0.5. Still have to figure out proper way to fix the "logic" problem I discovered with changing settings that can cause triggering of other modes which can lead to incorrect settings / mode change. Hopefully will come up with something tomorrow so I can make the release before the weekend.

With 2.0.5 bluetooth trigger gets initialized properly so closing MS app wont close modes that have BT triggers. If someone still experience the mode not closing with BT trigger with this upcoming version then please send me a problem report so that I can figure out why.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I think I found another bug. With my default profile, the proximity sensor got turned off. Could not find an option to enable it. Uninstalled Mode Switcher and it was back on.

Greetings
    Christian
  8.    #208  
    Hey,
    I think I found another bug. With my default profile, the proximity sensor got turned off. Could not find an option to enable it. Uninstalled Mode Switcher and it was back on.

Greetings
    Christian
    MS has nothing to do with proximity sensor. I mean its not just possible that MS has any effect for proximity sensor. Actually nothing can turn proximity sensor off. Its state is controlled by phone app only and by nothing else and phone app is always able to turn it on. If not then its some hardware/drive fluke and most likely fixed by restart. But that I am 110% that MS can not effect on that there just ain't code that is even remotely related
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Uninstalled Mode Switcher and it was back on.
    just saying :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS has nothing to do with proximity sensor. I mean its not just possible that MS has any effect for proximity sensor. Actually nothing can turn proximity sensor off. Its state is controlled by phone app only and by nothing else and phone app is always able to turn it on. If not then its some hardware/drive fluke and most likely fixed by restart. But that I am 110% that MS can not effect on that there just ain't code that is even remotely related
    What about if one were to create a mode which closed the phone app?
  11.    #211  
    just saying :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    What about if one were to create a mode which closed the phone app?
    Well the proximity sensor has controls for setting it on or off. And phone app always sets the on/off state according to its logic nothing outside of phone app can not have effect on that. I.e. if something was to turn it off the phone app would turn it on again when ever it should be on. So through code MS (or any other app) can not prevent proximity sensors from working (as far as I have gone through the code). With weird coincidence sure anything can effect to anything and make something brake once and with similar coincidence uninstalling any app could have "fixed" the situation. So just saying that it can not be MS doing directly, through weird coincidence and WebOS bugs sure anything is possible
    sick. The 2.0.5 update is in preware. Thanks sconix!
    hello,

since the update to 2.05 I can`t access the settings of any modes anymore. All of the previously created modes and modifiers continue to work as they were set up before. When I want to edit any of them I just see the top line which reads "mode configuration". The rest remains empty ( white). I also cannot swipe back to the main screen anymore. If I do that then i go into card view. I also cannot create any new modes ( also the blank mode configuration card appears). Are you aware of that issue or is it just on my device ?

best regards,

Heino

update: i rebooted several times after first reboot i could see the 1st screen of a mode. but when pressing a trigger i had a white screen again. after next reboot everything worked as before. so consider it a "just on my device" issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by heino View Post
    hello,

since the update to 2.05 I can`t access the settings of any modes anymore. All of the previously created modes and modifiers continue to work as they were set up before. When I want to edit any of them I just see the top line which reads "mode configuration". The rest remains empty ( white). I also cannot swipe back to the main screen anymore. If I do that then i go into card view. I also cannot create any new modes ( also the blank mode configuration card appears). Are you aware of that issue or is it just on my device ?

best regards,

Heino

update: i rebooted several times after first reboot i could see the 1st screen of a mode. but when pressing a trigger i had a white screen again. after next reboot everything worked as before. so consider it a "just on my device" issue.
    Mine was weird until my second restart too. Once to unhook something, once to hook the new one in?
    Yes. A full restart was needed so that the settings would show.
    Sad face from me. A BT trigger does not seem to be closing the mode once that BT connection is lost. Also, app closing does not seem to be working if an app has multiple processes (Music Player Remix, for example, uses a dashboard and the app. The dashboard is closed, but not the app.)

I'll send logs tomorrow.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sad face from me. A BT trigger does not seem to be closing the mode once that BT connection is lost. Also, app closing does not seem to be working if an app has multiple processes (Music Player Remix, for example, uses a dashboard and the app. The dashboard is closed, but not the app.)

I'll send logs tomorrow.
    I did not have time (or actually means) to test the BT connection getting lost for 2.0.5, so logs from that would be nice. Its possible that the notification is different when the connection is lost and not disconnected.

About the apps, MS now asks all of the processes to be closed with the same appid it really can't do more since handling applications starting/closing is quite poor at the moment in WebOS which is a bit sad. It should close the apps better now, not sure why it can't close remix. It would be nice if apps would have a close startup parameter so that it would be possible to ask the app to close itself.

EDIT: If the log would show the closing of the app as well it would be good so that I can be sure that MS asks for the processes to be closed...
    Sconix would you be able to implement controlling the contacts? I would like to be able to block unknown and blocked callers when my night mode comes on after 10pm and on the weekends. Only callers that are in my contact list will be able to call with activation of a certain mode.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Sconix would you be able to implement controlling the contacts? I would like to be able to block unknown and blocked callers when my night mode comes on after 10pm and on the weekends. Only callers that are in my contact list will be able to call with activation of a certain mode.
    I plan extend the controllable settings at some point, but no timetable for those additions yet. Anyway this is definitely one of the settings that I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I plan extend the controllable settings at some point, but no timetable for those additions yet. Anyway this is definitely one of the settings that I might add.
    ok great. That is definately a good addition, the ability to block at certain times or just the ability to retain those settings with a certain mode.

Anyway its still a great app, I don't know how I did without it in 1.4.5.