Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It should not matter, although 2.0.1 does not work for service subscription parts (i.e. the mode menu can not work in that version) so who knows if 2.0.1 has other serious service related bugs.
    Mode menu has been working for me since you first released it for MS 2.x...
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Is the log you're referring to the one generated by going to Help>Report Problem?

If so, when I attempt to do that I get the message "Lumberjack Not Installed! You need to have lumberjack installed to send problem report. Without lumberjack the log can't be included and its impossible to see what is wrong."

After doing a search the only thing I found is that (at least one iteration of) MetaDoctor increases /var partition size to 2GB. So it is possible but it may need to be accomplished before installing WebOS on the phone. Curiously however the person who you are referring to who you determined to have the /var full was using a MetaDoctored Pre+ correct? That would mean they most likely already have an increased /var size?
    The guy did not have metadoctored installation, he has not posted here, he contacted directly to my email as far as I remember. If I remember correctly he had OTA installation of 2.x so his installation was "old" so it made sense the /var running out of space due time. If you have a rather fresh installation then it does not make so much sense and can send me email so that I can help you finding out the reason. The log file is /var/log/messages which I would need after trying to start MS to see if the log tells anything, if not then I would need the person trying to figure this out to have novaterm or ssh connection to his phone so that he can run couple commands that should find out the reason.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3.    #183  
    Mode menu has been working for me since you first released it for MS 2.x...
    It might have been 2.0.0 then hard to remember, and it anyway was emulator installation so I cannot be sure if the bug was in devices as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I emailed you a copy of /var/log/messages. If I need novaterm or ssh let me know and I will figure out how to set those up. Thanks!
    Curiously however the person who you are referring to who you determined to have the /var full was using a MetaDoctored Pre+ correct? That would mean they most likely already have an increased /var size?
    I am the one that experienced this issue. I'm on an unlocked Pre2 straight from HP, so all partition sizes are stock.

/var seems to contain stuff from PDK apps and stuff from services. I 'fixed' my problem by removing one or two PDK games that I didn't use anymore.
    There was someone else who had posted with a MetaDoctored Pre+ and there was talk about their /var being full, which is why I assumed that is who sconix was referring to. I'll try deleting some games and see if it fixes the problem. It's weird though that I had MS 2.x installed and working fine, and I had been installing it through Preware, just from a direct link from sconix rather than from a feed.
    MS has all of a sudden been ornery. I've been using it for a long time without problems on my original Sprint minus Pre. But all of a sudden my Nighttime mode on the upper left mode menu disappeared. The only other mode I've programmed is still there. Also, turning MS on and off is buggy: right now, I can't get it to turn off. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey sconix,

I'm having some instances sometimes where the Roaming preference is not being set correctly...

My Default/Home mode is to have Roaming Forced and I have an Out mode that sets the Roaming to Automatic. Well yesterday, when I clicked on Out, it wouldn't switch off Roaming, even when I modified the Out setting to Home Only/Disabled. Checking the Device Menu (I have the Advanced patch), the Roaming Forced option was still on, so I switched it off.

This morning after my Night mode clicked off (which turns my Phone radio off), the Default mode set in, but the Roaming was set to Disabled instead of Forced (like it was on the Out mode).
    I'm having a similar issue. I have a Home mode that is triggered by being connected to my "Home" wifi network. It forces roaming. But at times I've noticed after being in this mode for an extended amount of time I lose all reception, Sprint and roaming. "Searching..." appears in the top bar. Exiting the mode manually, changing roaming preferences, even toggling the phone radio off/on won't allow the phone to regain any signal. The only thing I can do is restart the phone. In fact I actually had this same issue since ms 1.x with webos 1.4.5. Please help. I like this app alot and this is the main mode I use ms for, but I miss calls at home when it decides to do this.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by emc350 View Post
    I'm having a similar issue. I have a Home mode that is triggered by being connected to my "Home" wifi network. It forces roaming. But at times I've noticed after being in this mode for an extended amount of time I lose all reception, Sprint and roaming. "Searching..." appears in the top bar. Exiting the mode manually, changing roaming preferences, even toggling the phone radio off/on won't allow the phone to regain any signal. The only thing I can do is restart the phone. In fact I actually had this same issue since ms 1.x with webos 1.4.5. Please help. I like this app alot and this is the main mode I use ms for, but I miss calls at home when it decides to do this.
    First time I hear problem like this, but I guess this goes to the same category with the wifi/bt problem. These problems come from WebOS / your current installation and there is nothing that I can do for these. What you can do is to try minimize the settings that MS changes regarding that problem area. For example if you have the network type setting set to something other than do not set/default you might want to set it to that for MS not to touch that setting. Also do the same for phone radio setting in connection setting if you have it. Those settings comes to my mind that they could involve the problem you are having and making MS not to touch them might make the WebOS bug not to present itself. If not then your only option is to leave the roaming setting away as well to avoid this problem.

Now with your problem it seems that WebOS has some problems with all the radio setting phone/wifi/bt, and the only reason I can think of why MS brings that bug up is that other settings are changed at the same time compared to the toggles available in device menu etc. you only control that setting and nothing else at that time (and those manual toggles are done more rarely so maybe that also could be the reason why you don't see the problem without MS). With MS 1.x I did experiment with delays to go around this but did not have any success. Maybe I should do experiments with the same idea in MS 2.x but first need to get the public release out. And it certainly would help the experimenting if I would be able to reproduce these problems, but for me all radio toggles work without any problems. I had problem with MS 1.x at some point but it went away by itself maybe with doctoring or something else changed not really sure. So maybe I will experience this with MS 2.x as well at some point and then can do some experiments to go around this bug. Anyway the early reports told the story that for some users WebOS 2.x worked much better and even some did not have any problems with bt/wifi setting. But then again there has been few for which webos 1.x worked but have now problems with 2.x so who knows where this bug comes from, from the drivers in WebOS, installation or from the device itself etc.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    MS has all of a sudden been ornery. I've been using it for a long time without problems on my original Sprint minus Pre. But all of a sudden my Nighttime mode on the upper left mode menu disappeared. The only other mode I've programmed is still there. Also, turning MS on and off is buggy: right now, I can't get it to turn off. Any ideas?
    If the mode is visible in MS then the only way for it to disappear from the mode menu is that you have set it to be hidden.

About the MS not turning off please send me your /var/log/messages after you have tried to turn it off (by retrieving it with internalz or using the problem report feature in MS). So I can see what is going on. There might be some hidden bug lurking around or then the service system has gone haywire, but reboot should fix that. I have seen the service to "lock" up weirdly once which I guess was caused by WebOS bug, but reboot cleared that up.
    With regards for /var being full, I ran a 'df -h /var' and found that the /var partition looks to be 62Megs. In my case, I have 600k free... Maybe I'm due for a doctor...
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    With regards for /var being full, I ran a 'df -h /var' and found that the /var partition looks to be 62Megs. In my case, I have 600k free... Maybe I'm due for a doctor...
    At least in your case something has eaten the space, the size is 62MB me as well but I have 44MB free.
    At least in your case something has eaten the space, the size is 62MB me as well but I have 44MB free.
    Interesting. I'll try to find what caused that and post here if I find anything...
    If the mode is visible in MS then the only way for it to disappear from the mode menu is that you have set it to be hidden.

About the MS not turning off please send me your /var/log/messages after you have tried to turn it off (by retrieving it with internalz or using the problem report feature in MS). So I can see what is going on. There might be some hidden bug lurking around or then the service system has gone haywire, but reboot should fix that. I have seen the service to "lock" up weirdly once which I guess was caused by WebOS bug, but reboot cleared that up.
    I just sent you an e-mail with the problem report feature. BTW: I cannot find anywhere in my mode settings for making it hidden in the mode menu--where would that be located?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    BTW: I cannot find anywhere in my mode settings for making it hidden in the mode menu--where would that be located?
    That is not configured in MS, rather it is done in the Mode Menu. Please see the wiki for more details.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    That is not configured in MS, rather it is done in the Mode Menu. Please see the wiki for more details.
    Thanks! Didn't know that--I now have my Night/Sleep mode back on the menu--cool!
    Sconix: I hate to be a nag, but i'm curious if you have an estimated release date for 2.0.5? I'm eager to see if it addresses some of the issues i've seen with BT triggers and a few other things.
    Thanks in advance.
    One more question: I would like to be able to trigger a garbage collection from MS. Is there an easy way to do this? i don't know if a JSTop service connection would make sense, or if there would be a way to do this from an issued luna or CLI command?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    One more question: I would like to be able to trigger a garbage collection from MS. Is there an easy way to do this? i don't know if a JSTop service connection would make sense, or if there would be a way to do this from an issued luna or CLI command?
    Well the JSTop app would need launch parameters that would support doing the garbage collection from it.

The other option might be with the Systoolsmgr from Jason R. which 2.0.5 will now use for doing the luna restarts and stuff via MS. Maybe Jason could add someway to do that, then MS might be able to control it. (That is if it is not already in Jason's services)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Sconix: I hate to be a nag, but i'm curious if you have an estimated release date for 2.0.5? I'm eager to see if it addresses some of the issues i've seen with BT triggers and a few other things.
    Thanks in advance.
    Sorry I have been busy with other things for while now, I should finish this none code related task I have tomorrow, so I should get the 2.0.5 out during this week at least that what I am aiming. Next week I have once again plenty of time for coding so will also get the 2.1 out rather soon (during next week).