webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Advanced System Prefs 2.x
[Patch] Advanced System Prefs 2.x
  Reply
Like Tree3Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/24/2010, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
.
Advanced System Prefs 2.x

Framework / Calendar / Email / Messaging / Phone / System


Bug reports / Feature requests / Wiki
Current versions: 2.1.x / 2.2.0
.
The Advanced System Prefs patches are a handful of highly customizable patches for your WebOS:

Advanced System Prefs - Framework:
- All System Prefs patches require installation of Advanced System Prefs Framework patch to function properly. All other Advanced System Prefs patches are optional. This adds the per contact configuration support, but individual patches are needed for the corresponding options to work.
Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs:
- Adds default view selection into calendar preferences with additional default event preferences such as snooze time configuration. Also this patch adds additional preferences for configuring the event reminder with support for blink notification.
Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs:
- Adds additional email notification preferences such as blink toggle and notification repeat preferences. All notification preferences are also modified to be account specific.
Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs:
- Adds additional messaging notification preferences such as blink toggle and notification repeat preferences. All notification preferences are also modified to be account specific.
Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs:
- Adds various configuration items for the phone application. Also adds notification repeat preferences.
Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs:
- Adds more sound preferences into sound preferences application. Also adds haptic feedback into screen & lock preferences.
.

Installation & Usage:
  • The Advanced System Prefs Wiki contains a full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
    - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:
Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:


.

Last edited by sconix; 09/18/2011 at 08:58 PM.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2010, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 53
Can't wait to get them!
WebOs 2.0 is great, but you have to admit that without homebrew's patches we're still missing out!
Badcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2010, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
Can't wait to get them!
WebOs 2.0 is great, but you have to admit that without homebrew's patches we're still missing out!
Thanks, you have to wait at least a week maybe even two still. I have finished framework and system prefs patches. The calendar prefs is ready maybe on Friday. Then for the rest of the patches only the UI parts of the patches are ready, still need to add all the functionality. Donations are surely appreciated this is no small task to "port" these since I have to code all the stuff by myself no helpful patches made by others to look for tips
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2010, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
I am thinking of releasing at least the calendar prefs next week due to the fact that calendar in 2.0.1 has couple nasty bugs which this patch also fixes. The another one is that if ringtone is set for the reminder it will ring indefinitely and second one is that snoozing reminders wont work. So currently my patch fixes these until they get fixed in WebOS releases.

The calendar prefs patch will get bit more functionality at some point so the first release wont be as feature rich as uber calendar patch, but most important ones should be in. And it might be that this patch never will get as feature full as uber calendar, but at least this patch follows the same UI principals / logic than the other prefs patches.

I might also release the framework patch and system prefs patch. The phone/messaging/email prefs patches are still unfinished.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2010, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Small progress report, only phone and messaging patches are not done, others are more or less ready to be released. I would still want to have one or two testers for the already ready patches. So if there's a someone not afraid to doctor his/hers device send me a message and I tell how to get the packages. Most likely there wont be need for doctoring, but just want to make it clear that the testing patches might do something unexpected. I try to release all the patches during next week.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
thedizzar's Avatar
 
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Small progress report, only phone and messaging patches are not done, others are more or less ready to be released. I would still want to have one or two testers for the already ready patches. So if there's a someone not afraid to doctor his/hers device send me a message and I tell how to get the packages. Most likely there wont be need for doctoring, but just want to make it clear that the testing patches might do something unexpected. I try to release all the patches during next week.
I am using your system prefs patches already, installed them the time they were available on the enlightened theme. However, they disappeared now, so I couldn't check for updates. So if you could send me the feed where the patches are available I would be more than happy to test the new ones.

As for testing, I have no problems since using them, everything seems normal and working. The only thing I had was while installing I had to figure out the order in which they need to be installed, as I had to do for your system menu patch (yours, not the public one in the preware feed).
thedizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
I am using your system prefs patches already, installed them the time they were available on the enlightened theme. However, they disappeared now, so I couldn't check for updates. So if you could send me the feed where the patches are available I would be more than happy to test the new ones.

As for testing, I have no problems since using them, everything seems normal and working. The only thing I had was while installing I had to figure out the order in which they need to be installed, as I had to do for your system menu patch (yours, not the public one in the preware feed).
My feed is down because my PC decided to die so I am now running on small laptop which is not on all the time. I haven't even managed to get the feed up on that machine yet. So the url will remain the same as soon as I get some sort of setup working. Also there is no new updates yet since this hardware failure has prevented me pretty much doing anything. But I am trying to get some sort of development environment up as soon as possible.

I am trying to find a drop in replacement motherboard for my PC so I could get it up and running soon and would not need to change/reinstall the whole PC, but it seems that the motherboard that I am after is not sold in Finland anymore so lets see what I can come up with. In the end I might need to buy new PC, but since I need to start looking for job after this month I would not like to make any expensive purchases right now before I see how the next year starts regarding incomes...
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
thedizzar's Avatar
 
Posts: 114
What motherboard do you need? And where are you located? I'll see what I can do for you.

Do you have the patches some other way available c.q. files? I have another Pre 2 on which I could test is as well. Ow and the TS alert is annoying as hell!

P.S. Just donated
thedizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
What motherboard do you need? And where are you located? I'll see what I can do for you.

Do you have the patches some other way available c.q. files? I have another Pre 2 on which I could test is as well. Ow and the TS alert is annoying as hell!

P.S. Just donated
Thanks for the donation, I really appreciate them. I was looking for Intel DG45ID which I still hoped to get from here since I saw that they are still sold at ebay, but it seems they are not available here in Finland anymore. All shops had sold out tag on them Only the newer versions available for which I would then need to have a new cpu, memory etc. Now I am looking into if I could get couple similar capacitors so I could try to replace the ones in the motherboard that are broken and maybe could still get this old baby to go for a while At least I have once managed to get one mb back to functional status by changing the broken capacitors. If I dont find a solution soon then I start installing the dev environment into this laptop but with 1.2Ghz cpu it will be painful but at least I get something going on
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
thedizzar's Avatar
 
Posts: 114
Well, I sent out an email to some of my clients for that specific MB. Hope to let you know anything soon. As soon as I have it, shipping to Finland would be easy.

AR
thedizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2010, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
Well, I sent out an email to some of my clients for that specific MB. Hope to let you know anything soon. As soon as I have it, shipping to Finland would be easy.

AR
Wow that would be beyond awesome, anyway thanks for trying to help! I just ordered compatible capacitors from Hong Kong as a backup, since could not find even those from Finland (no surprise though). Although not so keen on soldering the mb, but will try if all my other options fail.

I was hoping to release all the system prefs patches at the same time, but due to this unfortunate event I guess I will release at least the calendar prefs patch on next weekend since it should be ready for first release.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2010, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
j_grouchy's Avatar
 
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
My feed is down because my PC decided to die so I am now running on small laptop which is not on all the time. I haven't even managed to get the feed up on that machine yet. So the url will remain the same as soon as I get some sort of setup working. Also there is no new updates yet since this hardware failure has prevented me pretty much doing anything. But I am trying to get some sort of development environment up as soon as possible.

I am trying to find a drop in replacement motherboard for my PC so I could get it up and running soon and would not need to change/reinstall the whole PC, but it seems that the motherboard that I am after is not sold in Finland anymore so lets see what I can come up with. In the end I might need to buy new PC, but since I need to start looking for job after this month I would not like to make any expensive purchases right now before I see how the next year starts regarding incomes...
Is this what's causing the error pop-up when I update my Preware feeds?
j_grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2010, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
thedizzar's Avatar
 
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
Is this what's causing the error pop-up when I update my Preware feeds?
Yeps, that's the cause of that error.
thedizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2010, 02:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 164
Hi Sconix,

Great patches. Will the Advanced System Preferences 2.x patch be language dependent ? (I believe it was necessary to select US English to have this patch working correctly on webOS 1.4.5)
kbywal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2010, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
Hi Sconix,

Great patches. Will the Advanced System Preferences 2.x patch be language dependent ? (I believe it was necessary to select US English to have this patch working correctly on webOS 1.4.5)
My 2.x patches are currently for World ready version of the WebOS and all languages provided by that version are supported. If/when there will be different versions of WebOS 2.x then I most likely will release separate versions of my patches for them so that all versions/languages are supported. At least this is the goal, but its not that easy to provide the language support if there will be multiple versions of the WebOS 2.x like there was with 1.x. Its lots of work to test / update multiple versions of the patches so can not promise anything.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2010, 08:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 111
Let me know if you still need testers for these patches. I can't test the calendar patches since I manually patched my calendar with a version of UberCalendar, but I can test the other ones. I'm currently using your Menu patches as well as others.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you need to host a feed, but I can host yours if you want. I run my own servers and could get you FTP access to a section of the site that I use to host my app ( www.HBConcepts.net ).

PM me if you're interested in either offers.
hboisvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2010, 04:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
Let me know if you still need testers for these patches. I can't test the calendar patches since I manually patched my calendar with a version of UberCalendar, but I can test the other ones. I'm currently using your Menu patches as well as others.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you need to host a feed, but I can host yours if you want. I run my own servers and could get you FTP access to a section of the site that I use to host my app ( HBConcepts ).

PM me if you're interested in either offers.
Thanks for the offer, but having my feed up is the smallest problem. The main problem is that I can't access my data easily at the moment and I don't have machine to run emulator for quick testing etc. Anyway I should get the parts for my computer finally on Tuesday and when I get them I will send you PM and then you can install the current versions for testing. I will then finalize some of the patches and do a release in the end of next week. And the rest of the patches should be ready on the following week.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2011, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
thedizzar's Avatar
 
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Thanks for the offer, but having my feed up is the smallest problem. The main problem is that I can't access my data easily at the moment and I don't have machine to run emulator for quick testing etc. Anyway I should get the parts for my computer finally on Tuesday and when I get them I will send you PM and then you can install the current versions for testing. I will then finalize some of the patches and do a release in the end of next week. And the rest of the patches should be ready on the following week.
Have been looking around for your MB, but I guess this means you found it allready? Lemme know if I can do anything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
__________________
- AR
@AR_ on Twitter
thedizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2011, 06:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
Have been looking around for your MB, but I guess this means you found it allready? Lemme know if I can do anything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Unfortunately I did not, but I am getting the capacitors on Monday or Tuesday and I hope when I replace the bad caps in the motherboard it starts to work once again. I really do hope it will come back alive since I would like to get back to the coding although have kinda enjoyed this little "holiday" Anyway I will get back to coding during this week one way or another. Hopefully with resurrected computer which would mean that I am back in the business in now time.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2011, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
sconix's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,070
So unfortunately changing the capacitors in the motherboard did not fix the problem (the pc not starting). So I am forced to start looking for new computer and setup my laptop for coding at least for now since it takes a while to get the new stuff and set them up. Anyway I am back in coding even though the laptop setup is far from ideal platform to develop stuff. I am aiming for next week release of the advanced system prefs patches, but lets see how it goes.
__________________
Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: graffix31
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0