Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    I am unable to update the framework patch. I uninstalled ant tried to reinstall but get the same error. I attached the log. Sprint Pre- using the Legacy version of the patch.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    54 57696 54 31610 0 0 45421 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 76537
    100 57696 100 57696 0 0 72461 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 109k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent
    You have some conflicting patch installed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I got it. It was the No Auto Off While Charging patch. It did not conflict with previous versions...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    I got it. It was the No Auto Off While Charging patch. It did not conflict with previous versions...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes, this version had updates that are needed for Mode Switcher to have working charger and battery level triggers which explains the conflict. At least once MS 2.0 is ready you can achieve the no auto off while charging with MS
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    sconix, any chance you could add a button to refresh the messaging buddy list? greg_rolls messaging plugins for 1.4.5 had this and it came in handy.

This may be a dumb question but after you set a custom message how do you remove it for all im services? If there's no text in the custom status text box the apply button isn't visible.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    sconix, any chance you could add a button to refresh the messaging buddy list? greg_rolls messaging plugins for 1.4.5 had this and it came in handy.

This may be a dumb question but after you set a custom message how do you remove it for all im services? If there's no text in the custom status text box the apply button isn't visible.
    I might at some point, I will make a feature note so that I remember this. But shouldn't the list auto refresh itself when you are viewing the page. If not I would see that more useful than a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...shouldn't the list auto refresh itself when you are viewing the page. If not I would see that more useful than a button.
    'should' being the key word. It should auto refresh but I'm not positive it always does and in a timely manner. For example, I just changed my status and it took several minutes to display on my contact in the buddy list.
    Sconix I think you stated earlier in a post you were going to add an option in the messaging app to allow each converstation to open in a new card. Is this possible?
    - Skinneejay -
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Sconix I think you stated earlier in a post you were going to add an option in the messaging app to allow each converstation to open in a new card. Is this possible?
    Yes in my upcoming patches some day in the future. That kind of things wont belong to prefs neither menus patches. But as said I have couple other patches brewing that will have that. First I need to get MS 2.0 out to the public before I work on those patches.
    I am also in process of adding per account online status setting in messaging app into messaging prefs patch. Which I guess is much wanted feature specially now with the nice release of messaging plugins for WebOS 2.x =) This is not yet ready but I guess I get it ready during Sunday, the plan is that tap-n-hold to the online sattus button in messaging app will give list of availability to control all accounts and normal tap gives accounts list and then selecting account gives the list of online states to select from.
    I was just using the new messaging prefs patch and I like the way I can log in and out of each of my IM accounts that is really cool...Thanks sconix!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Sconix do you release any notes when you update your patches? Like what was fixed or added? Keep up the great work. Donation coming your way this week when I get paid.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Sconix do you release any notes when you update your patches? Like what was fixed or added? Keep up the great work. Donation coming your way this week when I get paid.
    On the wiki page. The prefs wiki though is still a work in progress.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    With a Spanish (with language ES) GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0, I install without problems ASP - Framework - LEGACY v2.1.0-37 but when I try to open in the menu of Contacs app the Preferences and accounts nothing happens. The left bell in the edit card per contact appears to work good.

In /var/log/messages file I found this two lines in the time I tried to open the "Preferences and accounts" Contacs menu:

2011-03-22T08:40:44.414947Z [5171] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cannot call method 'addEventListener' of null, palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104

2011-03-22T08:40:44.449432Z [5171] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: EXCEPTION [Exception caught in card stage : 'contacts' in scene prefs's setup method. arguments were : [].]: at Object.addListener (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/EventListenerManager.jsjsjs:$17$:$12$) $at$ [$object$ $Object$].$setup$ ($file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$prefs$-$assistant$.$js$:$46$:$28$) $at$ $Object$.$assistantSetup$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$162$:$464$) $at$ $Object$.$setup$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$165$:$171$) $at$ $Object$.$_addScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$247$:$313$) $at$ $Object$.$pushScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$245$:$333$) $at$ $Object$.$_syncPushOperation$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$218$:$344$) $at$ $Object$.$op$ ($native$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework298$:$223$:$114$) $at$ $Object$.$onComplete$ ($native$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    With a Spanish (with language ES) GSM Pre - Meta-Doctored to 2.1.0, I install without problems ASP - Framework - LEGACY v2.1.0-37 but when I try to open in the menu of Contacs app the Preferences and accounts nothing happens. The left bell in the edit card per contact appears to work good.

In /var/log/messages file I found this two lines in the time I tried to open the "Preferences and accounts" Contacs menu:

2011-03-22T08:40:44.414947Z [5171] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Cannot call method 'addEventListener' of null, palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104

2011-03-22T08:40:44.449432Z [5171] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: EXCEPTION [Exception caught in card stage : 'contacts' in scene prefs's setup method. arguments were : [].]: at Object.addListener (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/models/EventListenerManager.jsjsjs:$17$:$12$) $at$ [$object$ $Object$].$setup$ ($file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$prefs$-$assistant$.$js$:$46$:$28$) $at$ $Object$.$assistantSetup$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$162$:$464$) $at$ $Object$.$setup$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$165$:$171$) $at$ $Object$.$_addScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$247$:$313$) $at$ $Object$.$pushScene$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$245$:$333$) $at$ $Object$.$_syncPushOperation$ ($palmInitFramework298$:$218$:$344$) $at$ $Object$.$op$ ($native$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework298$:$223$:$114$) $at$ $Object$.$onComplete$ ($native$), $palmInitFramework298$:$14$
    At the moment I only patch the "main" file of each language which for ES means the plain ES so not sure what language uses just that locale. I see that there is ES_ES that I don't patch at the moment so I guess your language uses that. I will include that for the next set of release.
    so i have configured a few contacts to have a special sms ringtone when received from them, when a message is received from them it plays part of it, then switches to the default sound

even when i receive a call it does not always use the ring i specify for all users, sometimes it even doesnt even ring at all, screen just lights up and i get a message saying missed call
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by jskuyper View Post
    so i have configured a few contacts to have a special sms ringtone when received from them, when a message is received from them it plays part of it, then switches to the default sound

even when i receive a call it does not always use the ring i specify for all users, sometimes it even doesnt even ring at all, screen just lights up and i get a message saying missed call
    I am 98% sure that those problems are webos bugs, I have seen similar things without patches,not currently seeing them on my phone too. But I no for sure that there are bugs in webos 2.7 related to playing sound. Sadly so, lets hope that they are working on bug fix release, my webos bug list is running out of empty lines

Anyway I see if I can do anything for these problems in the patches.
    Hi,

This seems like an incredible patch.

Could you please help with my problem.

I have a Pre2 from Rogers on OS 2.1 and ran the Webos Doctor to reformat my phone.

I loaded preware and immediately tried to install Advanced System Pref - Framework and it doesn't load. (failed hunks)

I have tried the VZW version and it also doesn't install. I have no other patches installed.

No themes. Just fresh virgin Phone.

Am i missing something? Do i have to root he device first?

Thank you.

Log Files

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 58020 100 58020 0 0 149k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 365k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Edited - Added more details re: problem.
    Last edited by mrcanngo; 03/23/2011 at 03:36 AM.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcanngo View Post
    Hi,

This seems like an incredible patch.

Could you please help with my problem.

I have a Pre2 from Rogers on OS 2.1 and ran the Webos Doctor to reformat my phone.

I loaded preware and immediately tried to install Advanced System Pref - Framework and it doesn't load. (failed hunks)

I have tried the VZW version and it also doesn't install. I have no other patches installed.

No themes. Just fresh virgin Phone.

Am i missing something? Do i have to root he device first?

Thank you.

Log Files

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 58020 100 58020 0 0 149k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 365k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Edited - Added more details re: problem.
    You need to install the legacy version of the patch, some 2.1 versions are "older" than the RAW release of 2.1 for which the non legacy patch is.
  18.    #178  
    I release a refreshed versions later today, only small fixes and changes. The main change is that now all languages provided by WR version should be supported.
    Re:Hangup option in the Phone Prefs

Does this option apply to all calls, even those on speaker or bluetooth? If so, could there be an option to not have it on those calls?
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    I release a refreshed versions later today, only small fixes and changes. The main change is that now all languages provided by WR version should be supported.
    Everything updated fine except Advanced Phone Prefs. I sent the error log to your email. I epr'd and installed the patches 1 by 1 beginning with the framework but can't reinstall any versions of the Phone Prefs patch.
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast