Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 943
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #121  
    Released new phone,msg,sys patches with couple bug fixes (should show up soon in the feed). Now all bugs that I am aware of in those are fixed. Still working with email prefs notification bug.

    I added prepend Fwd option to messaging prefs patch so enjoy those that wanted it

    EDIT: Also now the german language should work, at least phone and msg prefs did not earlier...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/17/2011 at 05:47 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. BnouK's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #122  
    Always on my Pre + SFR 2.1 : Whereas the option is activated, I have no blink when I receive an email. Am I missing something ?
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by BnouK View Post
    Always on my Pre + SFR 2.1 : Whereas the option is activated, I have no blink when I receive an email. Am I missing something ?
    No this is a bug, I just haven't released an update yet since I am trying to figure out another notification bug with multiple accounts.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #124  
    Thanks for the great patches. Awesome work !

    I was only able to test them for a while but it seems that there is a bug in the Calendar Prefs patch (WR Pre2). When an event is due, the notification appears (I do not press any button: neither Dismiss nor Snooze). The reminder ringtone sounds after 5 minutes (my event reminder settings are: repeat infinitely every 5 min). Then I dismiss this reminder by touching the calendar icon visible in the dashboard and when the event reminder window pops up I press: Dismiss. No more reminders should occur, but after next 5 minutes the notification ringtone sounds again.
    The same happens when the event is dismissed right after it pops up for the first time (by pressing the button Dismiss), the reminder ringtone sounds after 5 minutes anyway.

    Seems that this bug has to do with pressing the Dismiss button, because the reminder ringtone doesn't sound if the calendar icon visible in the dashboard is not pressed (which brings the event reminder window as in the scenario described above), but swiped away.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    Thanks for the great patches. Awesome work !

    I was only able to test them for a while but it seems that there is a bug in the Calendar Prefs patch (WR Pre2). When an event is due, the notification appears (I do not press any button: neither Dismiss nor Snooze). The reminder ringtone sounds after 5 minutes (my event reminder settings are: repeat infinitely every 5 min). Then I dismiss this reminder by touching the calendar icon visible in the dashboard and when the event reminder window pops up I press: Dismiss. No more reminders should occur, but after next 5 minutes the notification ringtone sounds again.
    The same happens when the event is dismissed right after it pops up for the first time (by pressing the button Dismiss), the reminder ringtone sounds after 5 minutes anyway.

    Seems that this bug has to do with pressing the Dismiss button, because the reminder ringtone doesn't sound if the calendar icon visible in the dashboard is not pressed (which brings the event reminder window as in the scenario described above), but swiped away.
    I will test the calendar issue you are having, I think I have forgot to add cancelling the repeat in some place.

    EDIT: verified the bug, I cancel the repeat but it is reset for some reason, will have to find where I call the scheduling even though I should not, will be fixed in next release...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/17/2011 at 08:27 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #126  
    I just ran preware and it showed three available updates 'Advanced System Prefs - Messaging / System / Phone'. The Phone update gave an error but the other two, that is 'Messaging Prefs' & 'System Prefs' both updated. But then upon doing a luna restart, the phone is now stuck booting up. I have even tried removing the battery, but no luck the phone just won't finish booting up. Looks like the 'doctor' is the only way out.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I just ran preware and it showed three available updates 'Advanced System Prefs - Messaging / System / Phone'. The Phone update gave an error but the other two, that is 'Messaging Prefs' & 'System Prefs' both updated. But then upon doing a luna restart, the phone is now stuck booting up. I have even tried removing the battery, but no luck the phone just won't finish booting up. Looks like the 'doctor' is the only way out.
    For some reason the patch was not completely removed or installed then. So maybe something interrupted the ipk install process. So you have currently "corrupted" phone app files. I guess if you have WOSQI you could retrieve the /etc/palm/luna.conf and modify it so that it wont start phone app on startup. Then just run EPR once you get phone started to get rid of the "corrupted" files and put the luna.conf as it was. Since the reason why it wont start is that luna keeps restarting if any of the apps it starts on startup has errors. And half installed patch most likely gives errors.

    EDIT: or it might be possible also install EPR with WOSQI while the luna is in the restart loop. It would also fix you situation without doctoring.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For some reason the patch was not completely removed or installed then. So maybe something interrupted the ipk install process. So you have currently "corrupted" phone app files. I guess if you have WOSQI you could retrieve the /etc/palm/luna.conf and modify it so that it wont start phone app on startup. Then just run EPR once you get phone started to get rid of the "corrupted" files and put the luna.conf as it was. Since the reason why it wont start is that luna keeps restarting if any of the apps it starts on startup has errors. And half installed patch most likely gives errors.

    EDIT: or it might be possible also install EPR with WOSQI while the luna is in the restart loop. It would also fix you situation without doctoring.
    Thanks for the instructions, but I was a little impatient and I am already in the middle of doctoring the phone, progress report shows 82% done.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks for the instructions, but I was a little impatient and I am already in the middle of doctoring the phone, progress report shows 82% done.
    Well for future reference, doctoring is very rarely the only way to recover. There usually are options. But I have no clue why the patch removal/install was not completed, at least nothing to do with the patch, all patches are packaged the same way.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #130  
    I will take the offer to troubleshoot - I cannot get Sconix's Advanced Preferences patch to install on my Pre 2 on Rogers.

    I have:
    - removed all patches.
    - removed the theme (back to default)
    - restarted
    - run EPR several times followed by a restart.

    I continue to get a 1 of 5 hunks failed.

    Log file is below.


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 57414 45 26126 0 0 5895 0 0:00:09 0:00:04 0:00:05 6503
    100 57414 100 57414 0 0 11699 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 12775
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.



    Any ideas other than Doctoring?

    Thanks

    A
    Last edited by aharmsworth; 03/17/2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Attachment didn't attach - pasted text.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    I will take the offer to troubleshoot - I cannot get Sconix's Advanced Preferences patch to install on my Pre 2 on Rogers.

    I have:
    - removed all patches.
    - removed the theme (back to default)
    - restarted
    - run EPR several times followed by a restart.

    I continue to get a 1 of 5 hunks failed.

    Log file is below.


    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    45 57414 45 26126 0 0 5895 0 0:00:09 0:00:04 0:00:05 6503
    100 57414 100 57414 0 0 11699 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 12775
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98contacts.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/AppPrefs.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/javascript/Person.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/contacts/submission/98/manifest.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmcontactsVersion1_0.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.


    Any ideas other than Doctoring?
    You are trying to install wrong version. Install the legacy version. Its bit hard to say what devices are running the newer 2.1 and what devices the older. But the log tells that you definitely have the older 2.1.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. #132  
    Thanks - it worked, but the description explicitly says I should install the non-legacy version on a Pre 2 - I am using a Rogers Pre 2.

    Great work.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    Thanks - it worked, but the description explicitly says I should install the non-legacy version on a Pre 2 - I am using a Rogers Pre 2.

    Great work.
    Yes, but in this case I believe as Sconix pointed out that it is a slightly different version on 2.1 even though it's a pre2.

    Somewhat confusing... I know!
  14. #134  
    @sconix

    I think I found the wrong reasons,install the framework(legacy version),Clew file error
    palmInitFramework298.jsjsjs
    mybe,I install the ROM Isn't older 2.1 also isn't newer 2.1.and This webos2.1.0 version is Chinese users generic versions.We get it on February 20 or so.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    @sconix

    I think I found the wrong reasons,install the framework(legacy version),Clew file error
    mybe,I install the ROM Isn't older 2.1 also isn't newer 2.1.and This webos2.1.0 version is Chinese users generic versions.We get it on February 20 or so.
    Not sure if I follow, but I highly doubt that there is more than two versions of 2.1 out there at least in public releases. So either the normal or legacy version of framework patch is the one you need, the one that installs. If neither installs then you most likely have some conflicting patch installed and the EPR way is the recommended in that case.

    But I really are not sure what you meant with the post, are you having trouble installing framework? If yes then just post the error so we can help. Based on that info the legacy is the one you need.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #136  
    Are there any plants to make these patches compliant with webOS Internals patch update technology? For future versions of webOS of course
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

    Thanks webOS Internals!

    @thereddestdog
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Are there any plants to make these patches compliant with webOS Internals patch update technology? For future versions of webOS of course
    Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean that the patches would be OTA safe then its not about the patches its about the AUPT. My patches use AUPT scripts, but AUPT is not OTA safe when patch touches files from multiple packages which my patches do (at least some of them, for example the app specific prefs patches should be OTA safe as far as I know, but framework most definitely isn't). I think there has been plans to make AUPT work with more complicated patches but I really don't know when if there even is such plans.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #138  
    Just an FYI, the email notification fix is working. I've had no missed notifications since. Thanks.

    On another note (which we discussed briefly over email), I would REALLY like to have repeat notification sounds correspond to the ringtone assigned to that notification, rather than the global system notification sound. I know you said there were some issues with this, but PLEASE find a way. I'm trying to get used to it, but it's driving me crazy! I want to be able to ignore an email (repeat) notification at times, but still respond to a text or missed call (repeat) notification. As it stands now, I can't tell which it is without checking my phone.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Just an FYI, the email notification fix is working. I've had no missed notifications since. Thanks.

    On another note (which we discussed briefly over email), I would REALLY like to have repeat notification sounds correspond to the ringtone assigned to that notification, rather than the global system notification sound. I know you said there were some issues with this, but PLEASE find a way. I'm trying to get used to it, but it's driving me crazy! I want to be able to ignore an email (repeat) notification at times, but still respond to a text or missed call (repeat) notification. As it stands now, I can't tell which it is without checking my phone.
    Good to know that its working now. About the repeat notification. I could change it so that the account notification is used for repeat notification and the per contact / unknown contact notification are not taken in account on repeat notification. I will change this for next releases if its reasonable code wise.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Good to know that its working now. About the repeat notification. I could change it so that the account notification is used for repeat notification and the per contact / unknown contact notification are not taken in account on repeat notification. I will change this for next releases if its reasonable code wise.
    I don't use per contact or unknown contact notification, so this would be fantastic for me. Thanks for looking into it.
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions