Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What function are you looking for with the call reject I have unknown and blocked callers go to voicemail (Contacts)
    What exactly is a 'blocked caller'? Where and how is one defined as a 'blocked caller' in the settings?

Thanks.

PS: As I see it, the settings for 'unknown' & 'blocked' callers are shared. Personally, to me 'unknown' callers ought to be treated as totally seperate from 'blocked' callers. I would like to 'hang up' on "blocked callers", but for "unknown callers" I would just like to assign a different ringtone.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/15/2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    1 & 2 My megamix email patch takes care of both of these
    3. Patch in preware until sconix includes
    5. already included under preferences
    1&2 - The megamix email patch is not available in preware. Also, I did not realize that the 'Additional Days For Syncing' patch included the 'More Sync Times', since the title of the patch does not reflect this fact.

3 - Doing exactly that.

5 - Cannot for the life of me find this in the 'messaging' preferenaces.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/15/2011 at 02:09 PM.

3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Feature request.

Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs
    1. Additional Days For Syncing (Email)
    2. More Sync Times (Email)

Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs
    1. Ubercalendar

Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs
    1. Advanced New Card Per Convo (Messaging) <-- NOT compatibile with 'ASP - Messaging Prefs'
    2. Enter Key for New Line (Messaging)
    3. Full IM Status (Messaging)
    4. Sign In As Invisible in IM (Messaging)
    5. SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding (Messaging)
    6. SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds (Messaging)

Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs
    1. Call Reject (Phone) <-- Already included in 'ASP - Phone Prefs'
    2. Open To Favorites/Call Log (Phone) <-- Already included in 'ASP - Phone Prefs'
    3. Turn the dialpad tones off and vibrate (Phone)
    Email prefs:

I might add some times more will have to see, could you make a feature request in redmine site so I dont forget (feature request link in first post).

Calendar prefs:

The Uber calendar thing is still open. I am trying to figure out if there would be nice way to share the workload with the guys making uber. Since I have no plans to make this patch as feature rich as uber. Anyway everyone can keep uber and leave this patch out that need the extensive feature set of uber patch.

Messaging Prefs:

1) Planned for advanced system features patch set.
    2) Have this already in my adv system behavior patch.
    3) Planned for the behavior patch.
    4) Maybe for messaging prefs patch, could you make a feature request to the redmine site so I dont forget (link in first post).
    5) Could add into adb sys behavior patches.

Phone prefs

3) Not for this patch, managing different areas of sound effect belongs to the tweaks app idea that I have been throwing around but not for this patch. You can already disable system sounds + make haptic on to achieve this. Of course loose all system sounds but whats their use I dont know

And no there is no timeline for advanced system features/behavior patches nor for the tweaks app. My next priority is to get MS 2.0 out.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #84  
    1&2 - The megamix email patch is not available in preware. Also, I did not realize that the 'Additional Days For Syncing' patch included the 'More Sync Times', since the title of the patch does not reflect this fact.

3 - Doing exactly that.

For the 5 just click the sms account in messaging preferences to get the sms account settings such as greeting and signature stuff
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #85  
    What exactly is a 'blocked caller'? Where and how is one defined as a 'blocked caller' in the settings?

Thanks.

PS: As I see it, the settings for 'unknown' & 'blocked' callers are shared. Personally, to me 'unknown' callers ought to be treated as totally seperate from 'blocked' callers. I would like to 'hang up' on "blocked callers", but for "unknown callers" I would just like to assign a different ringtone.
    I did not want to overwhelm the configuration options so there is no separate configuration for blocked and unknown callers, but at least I made it so that you can select which to consider as unknown contacts. Maybe someday I will make it possible to configure them separately but not in near future.

3 - Doing exactly that.

I guess I should update the title the next time I submit an update
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For the 5 just click the sms account in messaging preferences to get the sms account settings such as greeting and signature stuff
    I open the Messaging application. I open 'Preferences & Accounts' and for the life of me I see the settings for 'Message Greeting' and 'Message Signature', but I do not see any setting for "SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding".

PS: What exactly is a 'blocked caller'? Where and how does one define (set) a 'blocked caller'?

I did not want to overwhelm the configuration options so there is no separate configuration for blocked and unknown callers, but at least I made it so that you can select which to consider as unknown contacts. Maybe someday I will make it possible to configure them separately but not in near future.
    I hope you will change your mind on this, for it really seems to not make much sense to equate 'blocked' callers and 'unknown' callers. Without being able to distinguish between the two, for all practical purposes one can only make use of only one of the two. I for one have no issues with 'unknown callers' and would just like to assign a common but different ringtone to all 'unknown callers'. But at the same time I would still like to be able to reject the calls from 'blocked callers'. Thanks, nevertheless for all your work.

9.    #89  
    I hope you will change your mind on this, for it really seems to not make much sense to equate 'blocked' callers and 'unknown' callers. Without being able to distinguish between the two, for all practical purposes one can only make use of only one of the two. I for one have no issues with 'unknown callers' and would just like to assign a common but different ringtone to all 'unknown callers'. But at the same time I would still like to be able to reject the calls from 'blocked callers'. Thanks, nevertheless for all your work.
    Its not about changing mind its more about making the code and UI more complex. For which I don't have the time nor will just now. But the most important purpose of the feature is to allow blocking the calls which it does. Not to make personal ringtones for them.

Actually one UI/code scenario comes to mind that would be easy to do. What if I would remove the unknown numbers/blocked numbers toggles. And the notification settings would only be for unknown numbers. Then add toggle for blocked numbers and handling option (voicemail, hangup) for it. Since I dont think nobody wants to set ringtone or different alert for blocked numbers. Its most likely either of voicemail or hangup. I actually might do this if there is no rejections.

So if someone thinks that having ringtone for blocked number is a must then speak now or be silent forever
  10.    #90  
    I open the Messaging application. I open 'Preferences & Accounts' and for the life of me I see the settings for 'Message Greeting' and 'Message Signature', but I do not see any setting for "SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding".

PS: What exactly is a 'blocked caller'? Where and how does one define (set) a 'blocked caller'?
    I missed the Fwd thing. I might add toggle for this in the sms settings.
    So if someone thinks that having ringtone for blocked number is a must then speak now or be silent forever
    I receive important calls from blocked numbers during business hours. I like the way it works right now in that I can just hit the toggle to ignore them when I don't want to be interrupted.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    I receive important calls from blocked numbers during business hours. I like the way it works right now in that I can just hit the toggle to ignore them when I don't want to be interrupted.
    Good point for being able to easily select when you want to be interrupted by those phone calls. Actually at least imho more important than being able to set separate notification for those. Well I'll keep thinking if I find another easy way to add separate configuration for blocked number.
    Which version should you install for a meta-doctored Sprint Pre Plus running 2.1.0 of Advanced System Prefs - Framework?

I'm getting errors on all of them, but want to post the correct log.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    If I'm reading the notes correctly you should be installing the advanced system Prefs framework legacy. I'm also getting an error when installing this one. But I believe its because another patch is not allowing it to.

I am posting my preware IPKG error log so maybe someone can help.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 57156 100 57156 0 0 79758 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 102k
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    - Skinneejay -
    Looks like I am getting the exact same log with legacy.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    24 57156 24 14034 0 0 4526 0 0:00:12 0:00:03 0:00:09 5770
    100 57156 100 57156 0 0 14251 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 17102
    identify
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    I just uninstalled a bunch of patches that touch phone, messaging and email. I'm going to try installing again and I will let you know if it works now..If it doesn't I might just epr my phone and install every patch again.

:update:: looks like it installed. Restarting now.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    If I'm reading the notes correctly you should be installing the advanced system Prefs framework legacy. I'm also getting an error when installing this one. But I believe its because another patch is not allowing it to.

I am posting my preware IPKG error log so maybe someone can help.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 57156 100 57156 0 0 79758 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 102k
    identify
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Looks like I am getting the exact same log with legacy.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    24 57156 24 14034 0 0 4526 0 0:00:12 0:00:03 0:00:09 5770
    100 57156 100 57156 0 0 14251 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 17102
    identify
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    remove
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Yes that particular error message is related to some patches that you have installed already that is conflicting with the framework patch.

I would suggest manually patches until you find which one it was or run EPR and start with these.

<s>If I get a second, I will look at the release notes for the alpha/beta framework patches to see what Sconix included in the framework as to what could be conflicting for you.</s> I guess that file was on a different computer. Sorry.

Edit: Also, any legacy device that was meta-doctored to 2.1 should use the legacy version. You could use the legacy (VZW) but only if you want it limited to the language files for en_us and es. Best bet is the standard legacy framework patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I just uninstalled a bunch of patches that touch phone, messaging and email. I'm going to try installing again and I will let you know if it works now..If it doesn't I might just epr my phone and install every patch again.

:update:: looks like it installed. Restarting now.

After I removed Charging Alert Vibrate Only patch rebooted and Legacy installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    After I removed Charging Alert Vibrate Only patch rebooted and Legacy installed.
    Yep that would be one of them that would conflict with the framework patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    thanks oakridge for the reply. I figured out that the advanced new card per message is the one that conflicts with Advanced system prefs. Which stinks but I can live without that one for a while.
    - Skinneejay -
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast