webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Advanced System Prefs 2.x
[Patch] Advanced System Prefs 2.x
Like Tree3Likes

Old 07/21/2012, 09:03 AM   #941 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
On Pre3 (2.2.4): I'm unable to locate the configuration settings for missed call notification, whether in the Accounts section or anywhere else. FYI, all I see listed in the Accounts section is Skype and Visual Voicemail.

Also, there is no Unknown Contacts Notification button in the Phone Prefs (as the wiki indicates there should be).

How do I navigate to these prefs?
You also need to have the framework patch installed as stated in the wiki.

EDIT: actually since you have the Pre3 the wiki info is not 100% correct, in 2.2.4 some of the phone prefs settings are under the SIM account (click the sim icon).
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2012, 01:14 AM   #942 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
On Pre3 (2.2.4): I'm unable to locate the configuration settings for missed call notification, whether in the Accounts section or anywhere else. ...
You also need to have the framework patch installed as stated in the wiki.

EDIT: actually since you have the Pre3 the wiki info is not 100% correct, in 2.2.4 some of the phone prefs settings are under the SIM account (click the sim icon).
This is pretty strange...

On my Pre, running AT&T WebOS 2.2.4, I seem to have the same problem: somehow the SIM account is not visible in Phone / Preferences and Accounts - therefore, I cannot set ring preferences for voicemail and missed calls. At least, that is how I did it in my Veer and Pre+ - and I cannot find any other way of setting them.

I cleared out the phone a few times and "re-doctored" it, changed to a new Palm Profile - all to no avail. It almost seems as if WebOS 2.2.4 has no entry for SIM account on that screen - and that messes up Sconix's Prefs.

Did anyone here encounter something similar?

To let you know what I am talking about: this is a screen shot of a brand-spanking-new clean reinstall of AT&T 2.2.4 Webdoctor on the Pre 3. This is the bottom of Preferences in Phone app: if you notice, it ends with accessibility selections, no SIM account info there.

After Advanced Prefs Framework and Advanced Prefs Phone are installed, I get this "Add Phone Account" button, but it does not do anything - also, the selection of voicemail number is gone.

Now, in Pre 3's Accounts app, SIM account is visible, but there are no properties - no way of changing voicemail number or setting ring preferences/repeat.

In contrast, this is the Phone / Preferences and Accounts screen from my Veer, running AT&T WebOS 2.1.2. Selector for configuration of SIM account is visible on the bottom. Everything works like a charm here.

So, did anyone else encounter the same problem on their Pre 3? How did I lose the SIM account in Pre 3 Phone App? How to configure repeat reminder on missed calls and voicemail?

Thanks in advance! Robert

Last edited by rdwalker; 10/20/2012 at 10:00 AM.
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2012, 04:15 PM   #943 (permalink)

When I install ASP Framework can't to edit contacts or get into contact preferences. Simply nothign's happen.
And if I install ASP System Pref, phone's Screen and Sound preferences doesn't work as well.

I have Pre3 / 2.2.4 / Spanish.

I tried everything and could not fix it:
[X] Emergency Path Recovery
[X] Doctor
[X] New Palm Profile

Thanks for the help

Last edited by cgonzalo; 01/17/2013 at 09:01 AM.
cgonzalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0