Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Hi sconix, thanks again for all of this. I have processed EPR on my EU Pre 3 but I still cannot get "Advanced System Prefs - Framwork" to install (with no other patches installed).

I get this red text in the IPKG log:
    Unable to run command:...
    Reversed (or prev...) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Hi sconix, thanks again for all of this. I have processed EPR on my EU Pre 3 but I still cannot get "Advanced System Prefs - Framwork" to install (with no other patches installed).

I get this red text in the IPKG log:
    Then something odd has happened and the backup file has got deleted. You should see a filename for which the hunk fails so you can manually restore that file (it takes bit of learning, see few posts back, but is faster than doctoring). In normal situation something like that should not happen, I have no idea what can cause such thing (backup file getting deleted), never happened to me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Then something odd has happened and the backup file has got deleted. You should see a filename for which the hunk fails so you can manually restore that file (it takes bit of learning, see few posts back, but is faster than doctoring). In normal situation something like that should not happen, I have no idea what can cause such thing (backup file getting deleted), never happened to me.
    Legend. I'll go educate my self.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've successfully restored the two "com.palm.person" files thanks to WebOS Quick Install, and immediately installed Advanced System Prefs (framework and friends), with no Luna or device restart whatsoever. Everything seems fine! I just had forgotten the sheer fun of tweaking webOS. Thank you guys!
    CC:
    Configuration files are never localized, its only applications and they have separate localisation files.
    jcmarcos/sconix, the "1 out of 1 hunk ignored" I get is "saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej"

When I have a look in Internals Pro, there's a "com.palm.person" file but no "com.palm.person.rej" is it as simple as me downloading the Doctor and extracting the missing file and then putting it back into the "etc/palm/db/kinds/" directory?

TIA.
  5.    #905  
    CC:

jcmarcos/sconix, the "1 out of 1 hunk ignored" I get is "saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej"

When I have a look in Internals Pro, there's a "com.palm.person" file but no "com.palm.person.rej" is it as simple as me downloading the Doctor and extracting the missing file and then putting it back into the "etc/palm/db/kinds/" directory?

TIA.
    Ignore the .rej, the file is the one without the .rej suffix. And yes in theory it is as simple as extracting that file from doctor and putting it into that dir.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    is it as simple as me downloading the Doctor and extracting the missing file and then putting it back into the "etc/palm/db/kinds/" directory?
    A previous post mentioned using ERP before replacing that file, do that as a precaution.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    One more clarification before I pull the trigger, do you mean I am to simply deleting the "com.palm.person" file that's there and then replacing it with a fresh version of the same file from the doctor?

Don't want to stuff this up. (Still yet to work out how the extraction works.)

Thanks crowning73.
    No no, don't take my word for it, you're better off listening to what Sconix says, I'm useless at this unfortunately..
    I only **** in to remind you that there was a previous post where Sconix said that before attempting to change any file you should use ERP to uninstall all your patches. I still have to do it myself, haven't found the time, and the will possibly, to do it. If you browse this very same thread you'll find the exact procedure, another couple of users did it and had no problems whatsoever. Best of luck mate.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  9.    #909  
    One more clarification before I pull the trigger, do you mean I am to simply deleting the "com.palm.person" file that's there and then replacing it with a fresh version of the same file from the doctor?

Don't want to stuff this up. (Still yet to work out how the extraction works.)

Thanks crowning73.
    No need to delete the file first, you should just overwrite it, i.e. move/send the original file into the dir and it should overwrite it. Deleting and then not having the file for some reason restored could cause problem to boot the phone (not with this file but some can cause problems). And yes what crowning73 said it is good practice to remove all patches before replacing files since some of the patches could still edit the file and replacing it with original would cause those patches to fail to uninstall.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I did go back but it seemed a little vague so I'm just trying to clarify. sconix just told me that it's 'that file' (got that bit, plus EPR precaution) but I'm just trying to understand the procedure of removal/replacement, like my last post said: Is it simply deleting the old and pasting the fresh one from the doctor?
  11.    #911  
    I did go back but it seemed a little vague so I'm just trying to clarify. sconix just told me that it's 'that file' (got that bit, plus EPR precaution) but I'm just trying to understand the procedure of removal/replacement, like my last post said: Is it simply deleting the old and pasting the fresh one from the doctor?
    I answered to that in the above, you don't want to delete the old file, just overwrite it with the new original from the doctor. Either by sending the new file into its place with WOSQI or copy it to USB and then use some terminal application to copy the file over the old one. You can delete the file first if you want, but as said if for some reason the phone restarts before you have managed to copy the original file to its place you might get phone that does not start (with the file you are now replacing there should not be fear of that, but just saying that with some files its possible hence just copying the file over is better than first deleting the file and then copying the new file).
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I answered to that in the above, you don't want to delete the old file, just overwrite it with the new original from the doctor. Either by sending the new file into its place with WOSQI or copy it to USB and then use some terminal application to copy the file over the old one. You can delete the file first if you want, but as said if for some reason the phone restarts before you have managed to copy the original file to its place you might get phone that does not start (with the file you are now replacing there should not be fear of that, but just saying that with some files its possible hence just copying the file over is better than first deleting the file and then copying the new file).
    Fantastic, than you so much for your help sconix. Palm Profile gives me a .jnlp file for the webOS doctor so I was able to find the .jar version of the doctor through webOS Internals doctor version history.

> For anyone doing this process, see below:
    - Dowload doctor form webOS Internals latest doctor version above
    - extract the .jar file
    - extract resrouces\webOS.tar
    - extract resrouces\webOS(.tar)\nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs\etc\palm\db\kinds\ com.palm.person
    - copy com.palm.person it to the USB partition
    - run EPR (removing theme first)
    - then copied the file over the top of the original using Internals Pro

Thanks again.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    My wife is having an issue with her Pre2 where the proximity sensor will not function after picking the phone up off the Touchstone when she receives a call. She does have a secure PIN set, and this only seems to occur when the "Lock After" time has expired and the phone is secured. Originally, she had the phone set to "Do Nothing" on TS Removal, but then she couldn't even answer the phone (the screen would show only the blue clouds and was unresponsive). So, she set it to "Answer Call" on TS Removal. Now, the phone answers the call, but the proximity sensor is unresponsive and when she puts the phone to her ear, it either presses buttons or hangs up on the caller.

Is this just a webOS issue, or is there an answer to this problem somewhere in this patch's settings?

Thanks.
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    My wife is having an issue with her Pre2 where the proximity sensor will not function after picking the phone up off the Touchstone when she receives a call. She does have a secure PIN set, and this only seems to occur when the "Lock After" time has expired and the phone is secured. Originally, she had the phone set to "Do Nothing" on TS Removal, but then she couldn't even answer the phone (the screen would show only the blue clouds and was unresponsive). So, she set it to "Answer Call" on TS Removal. Now, the phone answers the call, but the proximity sensor is unresponsive and when she puts the phone to her ear, it either presses buttons or hangs up on the caller.

Is this just a webOS issue, or is there an answer to this problem somewhere in this patch's settings?

Thanks.
    The patch does not have any options that effect the proximity sensor. So either you have some uncomplete patch installs or some conflicting patches installed or the webOS installation has just got corrupted somehow. So you might want to try first removing all patches and see if the problem goes away and then start installing them back.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The patch does not have any options that effect the proximity sensor. So either you have some uncomplete patch installs or some conflicting patches installed or the webOS installation has just got corrupted somehow. So you might want to try first removing all patches and see if the problem goes away and then start installing them back.
    I thought this was the patch that also controls audio based on proximity sensor, switching audio from ear to speaker.
  16.    #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I thought this was the patch that also controls audio based on proximity sensor, switching audio from ear to speaker.
    Well I meant such options that would cause the problem without the patch being improperly installed or there is incompatible patches installed. The patch only hooks into the proximity even if the on proximity feature is enabled. So if that is set to do nothing its like the patch is not even installed regarding the proximity functionality. But I use that option and have not seen any problems even it on.
    Last edited by BAbnkr; 03/08/2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: forget it
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    it used to be an option, but in the recent update he hard coded the dialpad on outbound calls and contacts image/scene on inbound calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    It would be nice if (sconix) could add back the TWEAK? this is driving me nuts since I like to look @ the contact pictures I have set up and not the dialpad, I only turn on the dialpad if I am calling a bank or someplace I have to enter numbers....it sucks to have to turn it off everytime I make a call....

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed

I would like to second this. I actually would like the *opposite* behavior: I use Google Voice, and to answer a call I have to answer the call and then dial "1" to accept the call from Google Voice. So it is more important to me that the dialpad be displayed in inbound calls rather than outbound calls.

Thanks,
    -Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGJos View Post
    You need to select "Send file..." (or something similar, my WEBOSQI is with German localization) from the "Tools" menu. Then you need to select the file you want to send to the Pre and the destination path (excluding the filename).
    What exactly should I write in the destination folder?

I wrote etc/palm/db/kinds/, it said file transferred successfully, yet it doesn't work, stupid error still the same...

UPDATE: I did it, problem was that in my case TWO files had to be replaced, so if someone else has this issue ignore someone's previous post to only replace the one file file but trying replacing both.
    Last edited by crowning73; 04/01/2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I haven't had SMS notifications for a month after running AUSMT recovery. I haven't had a chance to jump on here, here's the error I'm getting when trying to reinstall "Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs".

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I'm suspicious this guy might be onto something when saying that a file got deleted with Adv Sys Prefs patch: SMS Notification Issue on Pre3