Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Either copy the two mentioned files in posting #855 from a clean source (2.2.4 doctor, unpatched 2.2.4 Pre3, ...) to your damaged Pre3, or use the patch from posting #858 and apply it in reverse.
  2.    #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Hello again, and happy new year! I'm one of those on webOS 2.2.4 in my Pre 3, unable to install Advanced System Prefs Framework after the OTA update. In my case, I have this "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] Apply anyway? [n] 1 out of 1 hunk ignored" error. Where can I learn about that manual two file fix?
    The easiest is to unpack a doctor and then you can use WOSQI for example to send the file into the device. But before you start replacing files with original ones make sure you have no patches installed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    copy the two mentioned files in posting #855 from a clean source
    How can I find an individual post in the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The easiest is to unpack a doctor and then you can use WOSQI for example to send the file into the device. But before you start replacing files with original ones make sure you have no patches installed.
    I'll do that, but how to be sure I have no patch already? I was able to successfully remove your patches after the OTA, so I consider my Pre 3 to be clean. Or not?
  4.    #864  
    How can I find an individual post in the forum?

I'll do that, but how to be sure I have no patch already? I was able to successfully remove your patches after the OTA, so I consider my Pre 3 to be clean. Or not?
    If Preware is not showing any installed patches then you don't have any so thats what I meant. So just making sure since if you were to have some other patches installed, replacing some file with original coul break the uninstallation of those patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    On Palm Pre 2, version 2.2.4, I no longer get the network services app in launcher (it is not unhidden) when I install the patches. Anyone else having this issue?
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    On Palm Pre 2, version 2.2.4, I no longer get the network services app in launcher (it is not unhidden) when I install the patches. Anyone else having this issue?
    With webOS 2.2.x there is no network services (phoneprefs) app anymore, instead its included in phone app, so there is no easy way to add adding of that icon into the advanced patches. If you want that icon you can install this package (requires advanced phone prefs patch to be installed to work):

http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/local/app..._1.0.0_all.ipk
    Hello again, and happy new year! I'm one of those on webOS 2.2.4 in my Pre 3, unable to install Advanced System Prefs Framework after the OTA update. In my case, I have this "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] Apply anyway? [n] 1 out of 1 hunk ignored" error. Where can I learn about that manual two file fix?
    jcmarcos, have you sorted it out?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    sconix,
    i have 1 of 5 Trek TOS ringtones (all .wav, the troublesome one is 'ship announcement') that is always followed by what i believe is a system sound, no matter where i use it.
    on my pre- used to use it for MMS alert.
    now, if i use it for any 'ring & alert tones' or 'system notifications', etc. it is always followed by the other sound, except when used for an individual MMS contact.
    all other .mp3 and .wav ringtones behave as expected (only they play no matter where used).
    i have all of your advanced patches on my att pre3 2.2.4 phone.
    could this be some weird interaction with this specific ringtone and this patch- is that even possible?
    i included a recording of the sounds
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fresh git retrieve of the meta-doctor scripts last night. Via those, I freshly meta-doctor'ed my spare VZW Pre Plus to webOS 2.1.0. Now trying to install Advanced System Prefs Framework (ATT/VZW) via Preware, but it will not. Log is attached. I see no mention of a rejects file in the log, so I don't have one of those attached here. (The "LEGACY" patches also fail.)

The framework without the "(ATT/VZW)" in the name, and not LEGACY, does install properly. However, I assume that is not the right one to use for my device?

Please advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 01/06/2012 at 08:09 AM.
    I have run ERP to be certain of having no patches on the phone, I unpacked a 2.2.4 doctor found here, but I just can't find those two files (namely /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person and /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person) to drop into WEBOSQI to get the ASP Framework working as it should. Do correct me if I got this wrong. Cheers
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I have run ERP to be certain of having no patches on the phone, I unpacked a 2.2.4 doctor found here, but I just can't find those two files (namely /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person and /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person) to drop into WEBOSQI to get the ASP Framework working as it should. Do correct me if I got this wrong. Cheers
    They are a bit "hidden" within the doctor-file. You have to go past various stages of archives. I found them at : "/ressources/Webos.tar/./nova-cust-images-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz/./etc/palm/db/"

Replacing the files did not help in my case, though. In the end I doctored
  12.    #872  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    Fresh git retrieve of the meta-doctor scripts last night. Via those, I freshly meta-doctor'ed my spare VZW Pre Plus to webOS 2.1.0. Now trying to install Advanced System Prefs Framework (ATT/VZW) via Preware, but it will not. Log is attached. I see no mention of a rejects file in the log, so I don't have one of those attached here. (The "LEGACY" patches also fail.)

The framework without the "(ATT/VZW)" in the name, and not LEGACY, does install properly. However, I assume that is not the right one to use for my device?

Please advise.
    That version seems to be yet again some different variation, would need to make a new patch for it. But since afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $already$ $2$.$2$.$4$ $on$ $the$ $way$ $for$ $meta$ $scripts$ $preplus$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $I$ $can$ $find$ $the$ $time$/$motivation$ $for$ $another$ $verizon$ $patch$ $version$.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginpre View Post
    They are a bit "hidden" within the doctor-file
    Blimey. Hidden you say? Buried more like.. took my old PC nearly two hrs to unpack the thing and finally found them in the folders

- /resources/Webos.tar/nova-cust-images-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person (22kb) THIS IS ACTUALLY THE ONLY ONE WHICH GAVE ME THE ERROR

- /resources/Webos.tar/nova-cust-images-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person (1kb)

But when I go to WEBOSQI it won't let me drop them in, am I missing something?
    That version seems to be yet again some different variation, would need to make a new patch for it. But since afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $already$ $2$.$2$.$4$ $on$ $the$ $way$ $for$ $meta$ $scripts$ $preplus$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $I$ $can$ $find$ $the$ $time$/$motivation$ $for$ $another$ $verizon$ $patch$ $version$.
    OK, since this VZW Pre Plus I have is just a backup device anyway, I won't worry about it. My VZW Pre 2 is my primary device, and all your appropriate patches work fine on there. Hopefully, 2.2.4 and its respective patches will work OK on both! Thanks!
    Blimey. Hidden you say? Buried more like..
    Well, they are not /meant/ to be manually extracted by humans. They are organized in a way the doctor most easily can perform its job.

THIS IS ACTUALLY THE ONLY ONE WHICH GAVE ME THE ERROR
    You can of course first try replacing just this one. But I'd very much bet that then Preware comes up with the same issue (hunk failed) in the second file.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    Well, they are not /meant/ to be manually extracted by humans. They are organized in a way the doctor most easily can perform its job
    A precedent post by the developer said the easiest solution is to replace them "manually", and that's what I'm trying to do, "trying" being the operative word as I'm well out of my comfort zone here.
    Yes, your phone is in an inconsistent state right now. If you do not want to doctor it, you have to do something which was not /meant/ to be done: Replacing individual files of the operating system manually. Because this is not something that should be done by the average user on a daily basis, those files are not easily accessible in the doctor, but are "buried" or "hidden" inside. If this means leaving your comfort zone, then using the doctor would put you back into comfort zone.

I can completely understand you. I did not want to doctor either, I directly downloaded the patch ipk and inspected the diffs and corrected the inconsistent state of the files on my phone manually using a shell an vi. But this is not something you can do if you do not understand what you are doing in each single step.

Without sounding arrogant (I really don't want to), but if you do not know how to put your phone back into a consistent state manually and fiddling puts you out of your comfort zone, then you should really consult the doctor.
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    OK, since this VZW Pre Plus I have is just a backup device anyway, I won't worry about it. My VZW Pre 2 is my primary device, and all your appropriate patches work fine on there. Hopefully, 2.2.4 and its respective patches will work OK on both! Thanks!
    Yes, unfortunately the 2.1.0 release was a mess, with many 2.1.0 versions out there but with different framework versions. So far all 2.2.4 releases have been from the same tree which looks very promising for not having to deal with many different patches. But naturally I will put out a release for 2.2.4 if different versions arises, just reluctant to use time for version which will soon be obsolete.
  19.    #879  
    A precedent post by the developer said the easiest solution is to replace them "manually", and that's what I'm trying to do, "trying" being the operative word as I'm well out of my comfort zone here.
    Its too bad that Jason has not updated the webOS recovery utility which did the system scan and replaced those modified files from the doctor automatically. But once you get the hang of the manual replacing of the files it is faster / easier than doctoring. The fact that you have managed to unpack the doctor and find the file tell that you have a change I haven't used the WOSQI for a while, but I know that it should be able to replace the file when you just give the full path of the file in the system and then the orginal unpacked file. Not sure what the error could be if you are not able to replace the file, but maybe WOSQI does not mount the phones filesystem as a rw. So you could try to do it yourself before trying to replace the file by typing the following on a terminal app/connection on the phone: mount / -o remount,rw

Then reboot after to get the system read-only or just execute that again by replacing rw with ro.
    Funny that, I enquired about this Recovery Utility not many had heard about as a potential solution just yesterday.. Anyway, I feared that just dropping the files onto webosqi would've sounded too good to be true. I've been reading about novaterm and I may have a go at that.
    Bellonsn, I do hate doctoring, it costs me money (don't have a data plan so when connecting to the Palm profile there's no wifi option and it just drains on my prepaid GSM at a hefty rate), but most of all it means re-personalise all those bits and pieces I'm so used to, doctoring per se doesn't take long it's what follows which is a complete pain in the neck, but then if it must be done I'll do it, just as a last resort thing though.