Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think I found at least one bug with the slider answer/close, it will be fixed in next release.
    Thanks man! I just installed the latest update to Phone Prefs and it seems to have fixed the slider bug.
    sconix, thanks for all your wonderful patches!
    I hope - and I know I'm not alone in this - that you will update the APS Framework and other APS patches for the new webOS version 2.2.4 which many of us now have on our Pre 2s.
    Not sure how useful the following info is to you but still:
    After updating my Pre 2 to v.2.2.4, I tried installing quite a few patches, including many of yours, from the 2.2.3 feed. I found that ASB and at least 5 of the ASM patches (Framework, Device, Mode, Power, Today) work absolutely fine on the 2.2.4. Don't know about the App Menu one coz I don't use it.
    However, after I installed the ASP Framework patch, a strange thing happened: I could no longer add any new Gmail contacts, nor sign into my Gmail contacts or calendar. As soon as I removed the ASP Framework patch, everything was back to normal. Tested this a couple more times, and the results were the same every time.
    Thanks again for all your patches and the truly awesome Mode Switcher. Keep up the good work!
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranoulph View Post
    sconix, thanks for all your wonderful patches!
    I hope - and I know I'm not alone in this - that you will update the APS Framework and other APS patches for the new webOS version 2.2.4 which many of us now have on our Pre 2s.
    Not sure how useful the following info is to you but still:
    After updating my Pre 2 to v.2.2.4, I tried installing quite a few patches, including many of yours, from the 2.2.3 feed. I found that ASB and at least 5 of the ASM patches (Framework, Device, Mode, Power, Today) work absolutely fine on the 2.2.4. Don't know about the App Menu one coz I don't use it.
    However, after I installed the ASP Framework patch, a strange thing happened: I could no longer add any new Gmail contacts, nor sign into my Gmail contacts or calendar. As soon as I removed the ASP Framework patch, everything was back to normal. Tested this a couple more times, and the results were the same every time.
    Thanks again for all your patches and the truly awesome Mode Switcher. Keep up the good work!
    Sure I update them for 2.2.4, just need the doctor to be able to do that. As soon as its released the updated patches will come.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hi guys (and girls), I'm looking for some expert advice.
    Following a hang during reboot I can no longer install these patches.
    It's an at&t Pre 3 that has been functioning well, with most of these patches (by sconix) installed.
    Today - for no particular reason - I restarted it but it hung at the hp logo. The only "fix" I found was to run WebOS Doctor, which meant all patches were gone.
    However, ASP Framework (or any other related patch) fails to install, with a Postinst return code of -1 "Unable to run command:IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=...framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    ERROR: Cannot find patch file, bspatch file or additional files!

I ran the ERP tool but that did not change anything.

Any ideas?
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalezz View Post
    Hi guys (and girls), I'm looking for some expert advice.
    Following a hang during reboot I can no longer install these patches.
    It's an at&t Pre 3 that has been functioning well, with most of these patches (by sconix) installed.
    Today - for no particular reason - I restarted it but it hung at the hp logo. The only "fix" I found was to run WebOS Doctor, which meant all patches were gone.
    However, ASP Framework (or any other related patch) fails to install, with a Postinst return code of -1 "Unable to run command:IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=...framework-vzw.postinst 2>&1
    ERROR: Cannot find patch file, bspatch file or additional files!

I ran the ERP tool but that did not change anything.

Any ideas?
    It seems that all the advanced patches has been rebuild yesterday by the build system, but the packages are missing the patch files. So there is some problem with the patch building. I will contact Rod and fix the situation so its not your phone its the feed.

EDIT: We fixed the problem and the advanced patches are being rebuild right now, so after hour or so you can try to install them again and they should install just fine. So this fixes the problem of installing them, not sure what caused your original problem, something had to damage your system files.
    Last edited by sconix; 12/15/2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    It seems that all the advanced patches has been rebuild yesterday by the build system, but the packages are missing the patch files. So there is some problem with the patch building. I will contact Rod and fix the situation so its not your phone its the feed.

EDIT: We fixed the problem and the advanced patches are being rebuild right now, so after hour or so you can try to install them again and they should install just fine. So this fixes the problem of installing them, not sure what caused your original problem, something had to damage your system files.
    Indeed they do install correctly now. Maybe with a little more discretion with what I install I won't experience the original problem again.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Just installed the Framework and also Messaging and System Prefs. However I can't seem to install the Phone prefs. I get an error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    91 37650 91 34305 0 0 19802 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 22977
    100 37650 100 37650 0 0 21676 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 25150
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/shared/activecall/ActiveCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

What could cause this?
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Just installed the Framework and also Messaging and System Prefs. However I can't seem to install the Phone prefs. I get an error:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    91 37650 91 34305 0 0 19802 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 22977
    100 37650 100 37650 0 0 21676 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 25150
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/shared/activecall/ActiveCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-phone-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

What could cause this?
    You have some conflicting patch installed, maybe some patch that provides something that my patch does also. So maybe remove phone app related patches and try again.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yup. It was the close slider to end call. I suspected it, but I was sure I had it installed prior to 2.2.4. Probably because I could do it with Tweaks.
  10. rlh
    Hello, as I promised a few weeks ago after post 816. I'm updating you on my problem regarding phone not calling when there is more than 6 digits in the number.

I doctored it once and then again recently with 2.2.4 and it didn't solve the problem. So your patch is definitely not the cause of it and I'm actually wondering if it may not be a bug in my Webos profile related to localization (with +33 or whatever area code specified in the preferences).

So thank you again for your help and if ever I find some solution I will update you again just in case
    First of all, I like this patches! Thanks!

But one thing I miss (or didn't find...): notification settings per calendar. I have several calendars on my phone, but need only notifications on some of them on the phone. Others are company calendars, those need no notifications on the phone because of a running outlook. Or calendars of friends, I don't need their reminders ;-)

Maybe this could be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    First of all, I like this patches! Thanks!

But one thing I miss (or didn't find...): notification settings per calendar. I have several calendars on my phone, but need only notifications on some of them on the phone. Others are company calendars, those need no notifications on the phone because of a running outlook. Or calendars of friends, I don't need their reminders ;-)

Maybe this could be added.
    All the settings for these patches can be found on the wiki, here. These patches don't contain any per calendar notifications.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    After a few problems installing the ASP - Framework via Preware ( error on etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej) I could install it via WEBOSQI. As you can see all prefs patches are now installed:

Yet the ASP - Framework isn't working properly, you can gather from the picture (hopefully) that there's no little bell on the left and no way to set SMS tones:

Not only am I not hearing the tones, but the messaging app doesn't even open when I get a text, tonight I'll probably receive a bunch of them best wishes and all, and the only way to see them it'll have to be staring at the phone all night!
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    After a few problems installing the ASP - Framework via Preware ( error on etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej) I could install it via WEBOSQI. [...] Yet the ASP - Framework isn't working properly, [...]
    This is the very same issue I had as well and reported in another thread.

I downloaded the .ipk of the ASP - Framework patch and took a look at the advanced-system-prefs-framework.patch file which is responsible for the patches to already existing files. When I compared the patches to the existing files I found out that the two files /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person and /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person on my Pre3 already were in patched state although the patch was not applied. I manually reverted those two files using novaterm and vi and finally the patch applied correctly and is working as expected.

I even have a very strong suspicion how my phone got into this state: When the update notification for 2.2.4 popped up, I dismissed in because I wanted to wait a few days to watch reports on the forums. And I had a lot of patches to remove before doing the OTA update. However, when I put my Pre3 on the touchstone in the evening and returned to it a few minutes later, I found the Pre3 doing the 2.2.4 OTA update without having me asked again ... and of course without having me uninstalled the patches first!

Even with EPR I could not put the phone into a state where the ASP - Framework could get applied.

So, I have the strong suspicion that doing the 2.2.4 OTA update while still having the ASP patches installed will leave part of the files patched and others are replaced with clean, vanilla copies of webOS 2.2.4. The Preware patcher then detects failed hunks and aborts the installation of the patch. The WEBOSQI patcher in fact does the same but reports correct installation (which is not true).

Long story cut short: Either the people being affected by this issue have to manually fix their two files on the phone, or somebody could provide a special patch (perhaps even via Preware) in order to fix the files.

Even more advanced ... Preware could offer a configuration to not fail if patch detects hunks that have already been applied.
    Thanks for the explanation, does make sense, I also wanted to put off the OTA update but couldn't.

The solution of manually fixing the files is for very advanced users only, which is a shame. I may talk absolute rubbish here, but could you, or anyone else who had the same issue and rectified the ASP Framework patch, attach the clean patch so that we all enjoy our phone? As I said, I don't know if this is doable, I'm just asking because the alternative of doing it solo is well above my skills.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  16.    #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    This is the very same issue I had as well and reported in another thread.

I downloaded the .ipk of the ASP - Framework patch and took a look at the advanced-system-prefs-framework.patch file which is responsible for the patches to already existing files. When I compared the patches to the existing files I found out that the two files /etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person and /etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person on my Pre3 already were in patched state although the patch was not applied. I manually reverted those two files using novaterm and vi and finally the patch applied correctly and is working as expected.

I even have a very strong suspicion how my phone got into this state: When the update notification for 2.2.4 popped up, I dismissed in because I wanted to wait a few days to watch reports on the forums. And I had a lot of patches to remove before doing the OTA update. However, when I put my Pre3 on the touchstone in the evening and returned to it a few minutes later, I found the Pre3 doing the 2.2.4 OTA update without having me asked again ... and of course without having me uninstalled the patches first!

Even with EPR I could not put the phone into a state where the ASP - Framework could get applied.

So, I have the strong suspicion that doing the 2.2.4 OTA update while still having the ASP patches installed will leave part of the files patched and others are replaced with clean, vanilla copies of webOS 2.2.4. The Preware patcher then detects failed hunks and aborts the installation of the patch. The WEBOSQI patcher in fact does the same but reports correct installation (which is not true).

Long story cut short: Either the people being affected by this issue have to manually fix their two files on the phone, or somebody could provide a special patch (perhaps even via Preware) in order to fix the files.

Even more advanced ... Preware could offer a configuration to not fail if patch detects hunks that have already been applied.
    Yes advanced (and few other) patches are not OTA safe, and thats exactly what happens if you OTA update while them being installed. There is fix coming for this, the AUPT-5 technology that can handle patch unapplying in this kind of situation. There is no ETA when, but most likely during January this new system will be deployed in the alpha feeds for testing. So there is new and hopefully much better system on its way, but until it gets fully ready you should always remove all (or at least the none OTA safe) patches before OTA update to be on the safe side. Running EPR after the OTA might help or it might not. Replacing files manually is one options so is doctoring, there used to be webOS recovery utility from Jason that was able to replace modified files, but I think its still not updated for webOS 2.x.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    I may talk absolute rubbish here, but could you, or anyone else who had the same issue and rectified the ASP Framework patch, attach the clean patch so that we all enjoy our phone?
    I've attached a "to_revert.patch" file with the relevant part of the patch that has to be reverted before ASP - Framework can be applied cleanly again. Please note however that this is still the "forward" patch and that it has to be reverted. Normally GNU patch automatically detects this and asks about it. I'm not sure however whether there exist any webOS frontends. At least you could take this patch and reverse apply it using novaterm, Xecutah, or what other terminal access to the phone you may have and using GNU patch directly (patch < to_revert.patch).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I think I lost you at the beginning of the sentence there, but next week I'll document myself on terminals and whatnots.. Thank you very much for helping.
    Just one feature request:
    Add the fix (or make it a tweak option) for google chat's not auto-logging in after a signal loss. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug or feature introduced in 2.1, but in 1.4.5, when the signal was lost (3g and wifi), after signal was found again google chat would automatically log in again. In 2.1 this is not the case, and after going into an elevator or something gchat stays logged off, but sometimes changing the status to available manually fixes this problem. Unfortunately this does not always work and occasionally it would get "stuck" and not be able to log in without a reboot. More info about this can be found here http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...al-loss-2.html
    This is something that I have wanted to look into as well, but wont be adding / looking into new features before I get all my stuff ready for webOS 3.x as well.
    Dear sconix,

thanks so much for the incredible work you're doing.

Does there happen to be any fix for the IM auto-login after signal loss bug?
    The solution of manually fixing the files is for very advanced users only.
    Hello again, and happy new year! I'm one of those on webOS 2.2.4 in my Pre 3, unable to install Advanced System Prefs Framework after the OTA update. In my case, I have this "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n] Apply anyway? [n] 1 out of 1 hunk ignored" error. Where can I learn about that manual two file fix?