Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    You have to install the "tweaks" app from preware. This setting has to be done in tweaks, under the "phone" section.
    Wow - life ca be so easy, when you get the missing link.

Thank you very much for solving my problem!!!

P.S.: But still it would be very helpful to have this information already in the description of the patch itself. Please update this. At least change the misleading screenshot in Preware. You can avoid quite some frustration with users who think themselves to be idiots, as they don't find the shown switch.

But, all in all a big THANK YOU for improving WebOS for phones and keeping doing so, even after HP stopped to !!!
    Last edited by kulturguth; 11/25/2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Hello,sconix. Maybe the slider open/close action don't work properly again. I don't know whether there is something wrong with my phone or your phone patch.
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by xibie3256 View Post
    Hello,sconix. Maybe the slider open/close action don't work properly again. I don't know whether there is something wrong with my phone or your phone patch.
    Its the patch, its failing on my Veer as well, just haven't had time to look into it. I should get it fixed during this week though. I must have broken it somehow since the default action should be that it works (i.e. even without tweaks), but that isn't happening so I have definitely broken something. What is your phone? Would like to know if its only the 2.1.x version or is the 2.2.x also broken.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its the patch, its failing on my Veer as well, just haven't had time to look into it. I should get it fixed during this week though. I must have broken it somehow since the default action should be that it works (i.e. even without tweaks), but that isn't happening so I have definitely broken something. What is your phone? Would like to know if its only the 2.1.x version or is the 2.2.x also broken.
    It's pre2 with 2.1.x version rom installed. Thank you for your quickly reply.
  5.    #825  
    It's pre2 with 2.1.x version rom installed. Thank you for your quickly reply.
    Have you notice when it breaks? At least for me it works after rebooting the phone, but at some point it gets broken and then it wont work before I reboot the phone. I haven't notice when / how soon this happens, so any info about the problem would help. At least if you could confirm that it works for you after reboot.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/30/2011 at 05:18 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Have you notice when it breaks? At least for me it works after rebooting the phone, but at some point it gets broken and then it wont work before I reboot the phone. I haven't notice when / how soon this happens, so any info about the problem would help. At least if you could confirm that it works for you after reboot.
    Yes, the phenomenon you described also happend on my phone before, but the slider function don't work whatever I do including rebooting my device after the installation of the lastest patch.
  7.    #827  
    Yes, the phenomenon you described also happend on my phone before, but the slider function don't work whatever I do including rebooting my device after the installation of the lastest patch.
    Hmm, and the settings are correct in tweaks for the slider actions? Have you tried to re-install the patch, its just that it should at least work after reboot. So if you could test re-installing and then if it still wont work can you do the following test. Start the phone app and swipe it away twice within 5 seconds, this causes it to close (not just hide) and see if it works after that. I am trying to find the reason for this, since it should work correctly, the odd thing is that the default action is to answer/hangup so I don't get how that can break.
    Sconix,

Just wanted to confirm if the latest phone prefs patch opens a new Card when dialing outbound? In the past it wouldn't do that, just curious if bug, or if this was an change that you meant to make? If so can you make it a tweak or something? Also, hate to bug you but the switching to dialpad if you could do a tweak to that as well?

Thanks!!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  9.    #829  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

Just wanted to confirm if the latest phone prefs patch opens a new Card when dialing outbound? In the past it wouldn't to that, just curious if bug, or if this was an change that you went to do? If so can you make it a tweak or something? Also, hate to bug you but the switching to dialpad if you could do a tweak to that as well?

Thanks!!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Hmm, there should be only one phone app card. And at least I have only one, no new cards. Not sure if the phone app even works with multiple cards. It is designed to use one since it is all the time running hence its only hidden/shown when asked.

I am still not very fond of adding the tweak for the dialpad, since it adds nothing. Still don't get why people look at their phones while speaking to someone But it is still on the TODO list but at the very bottom of it.
    Hmm, there should be only one phone app card. And at least I have only one, no new cards. Not sure if the phone app even works with multiple cards. It is designed to use one since it is all the time running hence its only hidden/shown when asked.
    When I have the phone app open and my default is set to favorites, when I click on one of my favorites to dial it opens a new card! I don't notice till the call ends I see the card close and only the original card open, but if I look when on the call I have two phone apps open! Also when I open the phone prefs it opens in a new card, it didn't do that on the last one either. Using Sprint Pre(-) updated to 2.1 (if you need more info, I guess I could make a small video or something!)

I am still not very fond of adding the tweak for the dialpad, since it adds nothing. Still don't get why people look at their phones while speaking to someone But it is still on the TODO list but at the very bottom of it.
    I know but to some it is annoying! When you get a chance!

Thanks Again,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    When I have the phone app open and my default is set to favorites, when I click on one of my favorites to dial it opens a new card! I don't notice till the call ends I see the card close and only the original card open, but if I look when on the call I have two phone apps open! Also when I open the phone prefs it opens in a new card, it didn't do that on the last one either. Using Sprint Pre(-) updated to 2.1 (if you need more info, I guess I could make a small video or something!)

I know but to some it is annoying! When you get a chance!

Thanks Again,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    At least you are the only one to report that kind of behavior and I can not get that to happen in any of my devices. So its most likely your setup, either some other problematic patch or some installation problem.
    At least you are the only one to report that kind of behavior and I can not get that to happen in any of my devices. So its most likely your setup, either some other problematic patch or some installation problem.
    I will see if I can pinpoint it....Thanks for your help....

Update : After the third reboot (after upgrade of patch) it seems to stop acting strange...Weird keeping my eyes on it....

CaliMark
    Last edited by CaliMark; 12/01/2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Hmm, and the settings are correct in tweaks for the slider actions? Have you tried to re-install the patch, its just that it should at least work after reboot. So if you could test re-installing and then if it still wont work can you do the following test. Start the phone app and swipe it away twice within 5 seconds, this causes it to close (not just hide) and see if it works after that. I am trying to find the reason for this, since it should work correctly, the odd thing is that the default action is to answer/hangup so I don't get how that can break.
    I've tried something. Keeping all the settings correct, and after I really closed the phone app like what you said and opened it again, calling someone, the hangup function still didn't work. Then I kept calling myself, and woo! the answer/hangup function both worked properly.
  14.    #834  
    I've try something. All the settings were correct and after I really closed the phone app like what you said and opened it again, calling someone, the hangup function still didn't work. Then I kept calling myself, and woo! the answer/hangup function both worked properly.
    Ok then at least you most likely have the same situation that it stops working on certain situation. I have enabled some debug logging in my phone and I am trying to catch the reason why it stops working.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    There is a little bug regarding playing audio reminder in calendar with ASP-Calendar patch.

My chosen ringtone (Anticipation) will get cut off after few seconds of play instead of playing all the way trough. No matter if I have reminder repeat off or on. You might want to check that out, I guess some action triggers the audio to stop playing.

BTW your ASP-Messaging is a killer add on, the best of bunch and a must have for everybody.
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    There is a little bug regarding playing audio reminder in calendar with ASP-Calendar patch.

My chosen ringtone (Anticipation) will get cut off after few seconds of play instead of playing all the way trough. No matter if I have reminder repeat off or on. You might want to check that out, I guess some action triggers the audio to stop playing.

BTW your ASP-Messaging is a killer add on, the best of bunch and a must have for everybody.
    I haven't noticed that, but I will test it. The messaging and email already have a hack for playing ringtones, but I think the calendar patch should have as well. Its a webOS bug basically, so if the hack is already there then its something in your device. Anyway I will test this.
  17.    #837  
    I've tried something. Keeping all the settings correct, and after I really closed the phone app like what you said and opened it again, calling someone, the hangup function still didn't work. Then I kept calling myself, and woo! the answer/hangup function both worked properly.
    I think I found at least one bug with the slider answer/close, it will be fixed in next release.
  18.    #838  

At least this did not happen in my Veer, so what is your device?

EDIT: Actually I checked and the patch does not modify the calendar reminder in anyway. So it must be something else in your device. I know that webOS 2.x has bit of trouble sometimes to finish the alerts if they are set to ringtone, I faced the problems with adding the repeat notification into email/messaging, but never have had problems with the calendar app though.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    At least this did not happen in my Veer, so what is your device?

EDIT: Actually I checked and the patch does not modify the calendar reminder in anyway. So it must be something else in your device. I know that webOS 2.x has bit of trouble sometimes to finish the alerts if they are set to ringtone, I faced the problems with adding the repeat notification into email/messaging, but never have had problems with the calendar app though.
    I am running German Pre 3 with 2.2

When I uninstall ASP-Calendar patch my ringtone goes all the way. It could be something else, but ASP-Calendar is one of the first patches I installed because I need repeating notifications.

I will play with it and report.
  20.    #840  
    I am running German Pre 3 with 2.2

When I uninstall ASP-Calendar patch my ringtone goes all the way. It could be something else, but ASP-Calendar is one of the first patches I installed because I need repeating notifications.

I will play with it and report.
    Ok I will try my Pre3, at least 2.1.x device did play the ringtone fully, but even with 2.2.x the patch should not effect the ringtone playing, unless there is something odd in the patch.