Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs:

This is in reference to Automation
    On Dial Select: [Do Nothing | Start Call]
    This setting determines what happens when a phone number/contact is tapped in the call log or contacts.
    I am sorry but it is very inconvenient to have a global setting for this. I would certainly like to turn off auto dialling from the 'call log' and the 'missed call notification'. But for this, losing the ability to dial numbers directly from the phone book or elsewhere, is a heavy price to pay. Will you please consider changing this from a global restriction to a configurable one. If it is too much work, then could you please atleast consider only restricting this to 'no automatic dialling' from the 'call log' and 'missed call notfication' only. I am sure most people have no issues with auto dialling from the phone book or from the messaging app.

I think the vast majority of people would be happy with just the functionality provided by the two following patches:
    No Autodial from Call Log (Phone)
    No Missed Call Callback (Phone)

Thanks for your consideration.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/10/2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    It seems that the 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs: patch is not compatible with the 'Hide Voicemail Button' patch. Could you please consider incorporating this into the 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs' patch.

Thank you.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Sconix,

I noticed the updated to the Phone Prefs and was checking to see if you had added a tweak to control the state for the outgoing calls, (i prefer to have the contact picture as default and not the dialpad, you mentioned you would consider this!) Hope you might still consider the option!

I also noticed that the Advanced System Prefs - Framework - LEGACY is still @ version -90 where the others versions have been updated to atleast version -197(8) was the old LEGACY version overlooked? Or do I need to switch?

I am running 2.1 (Orig Sprint Pre) that I upgraded day one to 2.1 by hand before the scripts were going for meta-doctor, so i.e. why running LEGACY, don't really want to have to doctor to use the latest meta-doctor scripts....Will there be an update for the LEGACY framework? Or if you could explain if I don't need it etc...

Hope all is well with you and ready to have a nice holiday season!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post

This is in reference to Automation

I am sorry but it is very inconvenient to have a global setting for this. I would certainly like to turn off auto dialling from the 'call log' and the 'missed call notification'. But for this, losing the ability to dial numbers directly from the phone book or elsewhere, is a heavy price to pay. Will you please consider changing this from a global restriction to a configurable one. If it is too much work, then could you please atleast consider only restricting this to 'no automatic dialling' from the 'call log' and 'missed call notfication' only. I am sure most people have no issues with auto dialling from the phone book or from the messaging app.

I think the vast majority of people would be happy with just the functionality provided by the two following patches:
    No Autodial from Call Log (Phone)
    No Missed Call Callback (Phone)

Thanks for your consideration.
    There is no easy way to control it per case, but sure it could be possible to limit it to only missed calls, but currently I have no interest doing so. At least I prefer consistency over anything else since then you can learn to do things without thinking. When they change per use case you can not do this that easily. I for example don't use the automatic dialing and yes even though in the beginning I noticed myself waiting for the call to dial automatically when selecting for example from contacts, but after a while I always press the button automatically and don't even think about it anymore.

The another reason why I am not so keen on adding per use case configuration is that you can already click the missed call notification without dialing even if you have the dialing set to automatic. Just press the icon and not the text in the notification.

Not saying that when I have time to thing through these patches more and add feature that I would not add this, but at least not for the moment.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #785  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It seems that the 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs: patch is not compatible with the 'Hide Voicemail Button' patch. Could you please consider incorporating this into the 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs' patch.

Thank you.
    I have thought about to add an tweak for this or add this into behavior patch that the button is hidden if you don't have voicemail number set, but advanced patches are on feature freeze until I get them released for 3.x.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

I noticed the updated to the Phone Prefs and was checking to see if you had added a tweak to control the state for the outgoing calls, (i prefer to have the contact picture as default and not the dialpad, you mentioned you would consider this!) Hope you might still consider the option!

I also noticed that the Advanced System Prefs - Framework - LEGACY is still @ version -90 where the others versions have been updated to atleast version -197(8) was the old LEGACY version overlooked? Or do I need to switch?

I am running 2.1 (Orig Sprint Pre) that I upgraded day one to 2.1 by hand before the scripts were going for meta-doctor, so i.e. why running LEGACY, don't really want to have to doctor to use the latest meta-doctor scripts....Will there be an update for the LEGACY framework? Or if you could explain if I don't need it etc...

Hope all is well with you and ready to have a nice holiday season!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I am not aware of any situation when the old legacy patch is still needed. Is there one? I.e. afaikafaikafaik $the$ $normal$ $version$ $install$ $on$ $all$ $installations$.

When I get to adding features to these patches I can consider of adding tweak for the outgoing preference, but this is not on top of my todo list since I don't see the point of staring at the phone when calling

What holiday season? No holiday season for unemployed people Only hard work to find the money to have food on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am not aware of any situation when the old legacy patch is still needed. Is there one? I.e. afaikafaikafaik $the$ $normal$ $version$ $install$ $on$ $all$ $installations$.
    I will cross my fingers and try to install a non-legacy version!!! (hope no doctoring required!)

What holiday season? No holiday season for unemployed people Only hard work to find the money to have food on the table.
    I am unemployed as well and my freelancing will slow way down soon so here's to us all being able to but food on the table!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  8.    #788  
    I will cross my fingers and try to install a non-legacy version!!! (hope no doctoring required!)

I am unemployed as well and my freelancing will slow way down soon so here's to us all being able to but food on the table!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    But if you are saying that you have the legacy installed then I think the normal wont install, but definitely should not cause a doctoring need.

What installation you have at the moment if you have the legacy? Since afaikafaikafaik $it$ $was$ $only$ $needed$ $with$ $the$ $very$ $old$ $meta$-$doctor$ $produces$ $versions$. $Or$ $do$ $I$ $remember$ $wrongly$, $was$ $it$ $some$ $rare$ $VZW$ $2$.$1$ $version$ $that$ $needed$ $it$. $If$ $this$ $is$ $the$ $case$ $then$ $I$ $guess$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $the$ $legacy$ $version$ $as$ $well$, $but$ $not$ $sure$ $I$ $have$ $the$ &$quot$;$source$&$quot$; $for$ $it$
    But if you are saying that you have the legacy installed then I think the normal wont install, but definitely should not cause a doctoring need.

What installation you have at the moment if you have the legacy? Since afaikafaikafaik $it$ $was$ $only$ $needed$ $with$ $the$ $very$ $old$ $meta$-$doctor$ $produces$ $versions$. $Or$ $do$ $I$ $remember$ $wrongly$, $was$ $it$ $some$ $rare$ $VZW$ $2$.$1$ $version$ $that$ $needed$ $it$. $If$ $this$ $is$ $the$ $case$ $then$ $I$ $guess$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $update$ $the$ $legacy$ $version$ $as$ $well$, $but$ $not$ $sure$ $I$ $have$ $the$ &$quot$;$source$&$quot$; $for$ $it$
    I updated my phone to 2.1 manually the first day it was possible, before they even had any scripts for meta-doctor. If I remember correctly the non-legacy versions of your frameworks wouldn't install on my phone. Everything seems to work with the current FRAMEWORK i have installed, just thought I might be missing something with out the most current versions. I will check on the other frameworks and see if same case that I don't have most current version. I will hold off on switching till you have a bit more time to think about it and maybe find your old sources!?

Thanks for your support!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  10.    #790  
    I updated my phone to 2.1 manually the first day it was possible, before they even had any scripts for meta-doctor. If I remember correctly the non-legacy versions of your frameworks wouldn't install on my phone. Everything seems to work with the current FRAMEWORK i have installed, just thought I might be missing something with out the most current versions. I will check on the other frameworks and see if same case that I don't have most current version. I will hold off on switching till you have a bit more time to think about it and maybe find your old sources!?

Thanks for your support!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I just checked the diff with legacy and normal and there should not be anything you are missing, as long as everything is working then you should keep the legacy version.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi sconix,

two things regarding the phone prefs:
    1. I have set phone prefs to hangup calls when pressing the power button, via tweaks. It seems to work only when the phone is not on my ear (proximity sensor). Is it a bug or a feature?
    2. when I am connected to a WiFi network when getting an incoming call, I sometimes end up with WiFi being disconected after the call.

Thanks for looking into it (not urgent).

Kratus
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi sconix,

two things regarding the phone prefs:
    1. I have set phone prefs to hangup calls when pressing the power button, via tweaks. It seems to work only when the phone is not on my ear (proximity sensor). Is it a bug or a feature?
    2. when I am connected to a WiFi network when getting an incoming call, I sometimes end up with WiFi being disconected after the call.

Thanks for looking into it (not urgent).

Kratus
    1) What device / patch version? It is most likely a feature even from the webOS side how the power button override works when proximity is used, but to be sure I need the device / version so I can check the code.

2) At least the patch has nothing to do with wifi connection, so it has to be something else. Haven't seen that happening myself though.
    Advanced System Prefs 2.x

Framework / Calendar / Email / Messaging / Phone / System

Click to view quoted image
    Bug reports / Feature requests / Wiki
    Current versions: 2.1.x / 2.2.0

The Advanced System Prefs patches are a handful of highly customizable patches for your WebOS:

Advanced System Prefs - Framework:
    - All System Prefs patches require installation of Advanced System Prefs Framework patch to function properly. All other Advanced System Prefs patches are optional. This adds the per contact configuration support, but individual patches are needed for the corresponding options to work.

Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs:
    - Adds default view selection into calendar preferences with additional default event preferences such as snooze time configuration. Also this patch adds additional preferences for configuring the event reminder with support for blink notification.

Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs:
    - Adds additional email notification preferences such as blink toggle and notification repeat preferences. All notification preferences are also modified to be account specific.

Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs:
    - Adds additional messaging notification preferences such as blink toggle and notification repeat preferences. All notification preferences are also modified to be account specific.

- Adds various configuration items for the phone application. Also adds notification repeat preferences.

Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs:
    - Adds more sound preferences into sound preferences application. Also adds haptic feedback into screen & lock preferences.

Installation & Usage:
    • The Advanced System Prefs Wiki contains a full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
      - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:

Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:

Hi,sconix!
    During pre2 usage, I found that after first open and close of phone app,phone app started very quickly without icon shining in the small card at later operation,but after the installation of your phone prefs patch,the process of icon shining works each time I open the phone app.It makes me a little out of patience.Could you improve this for us, thank you very much!
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by xibie3256 View Post
    Hi,sconix!
    During pre2 usage, I found that after first open and close of phone app,phone app started very quickly without icon shining in the small card at later operation,but after the installation of your phone prefs patch,the process of icon shining works each time I open the phone app.It makes me a little out of patience.Could you improve this for us, thank you very much!
    I assume you are speaking about Pre3, at least on Veer/Pre2 this should not exist (i.e. patch should not have effect). On Pre3 it has a small effect (at least for me phone app starts very fast still as it should since its not fully closed at any point) because there seems to be bug in Mojo/Enyo combination which causes phone app not launched when its unhidden so I have to close the app to get the application launch signal. Normally it should notify about it even when app is shown, but it does not. And without the re-launch signal half of the features the patch adds would not work. So can't do anything about this as long as the bug exists. I guess the problem comes from the fact that enyo was half fitted into webOS 2.2.x and the problem would not be there for normal apps, but phone app is bit special. So I am pretty sure that this bug won't get fixed in webOS 2.x. So its only webOS 3.x where this will fully work.

Although I must say that I haven't checked 2.2.3, only 2.2.0. Maybe it is fixed in that who know, I will have to check at some point. If its fixed then I can "fix" this properly for 2.2.3 version but not for 2.2.0.

EDIT: If you do mean pre2 then I have to have a look, at least for that there should not be no reason for the patches to slow down the startup of phone app.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/16/2011 at 09:11 PM.
    I assume you are speaking about Pre3, at least on Veer/Pre2 this should not exist (i.e. patch should not have effect). On Pre3 it has a small effect (at least for me phone app starts very fast still as it should since its not fully closed at any point) because there seems to be bug in Mojo/Enyo combination which causes phone app not launched when its unhidden so I have to close the app to get the application launch signal. Normally it should notify about it even when app is shown, but it does not. And without the re-launch signal half of the features the patch adds would not work. So can't do anything about this as long as the bug exists. I guess the problem comes from the fact that enyo was half fitted into webOS 2.2.x and the problem would not be there for normal apps, but phone app is bit special. So I am pretty sure that this bug won't get fixed in webOS 2.x. So its only webOS 3.x where this will fully work.

Although I must say that I haven't checked 2.2.3, only 2.2.0. Maybe it is fixed in that who know, I will have to check at some point. If its fixed then I can "fix" this properly for 2.2.3 version but not for 2.2.0.

EDIT: If you do mean pre2 then I have to have a look, at least for that there should not be no reason for the patches to slow down the startup of phone app.
    Yes,I do mean pre2.Before patching,the phone dialpad can appear in full screen directly from the bottom, while after patching, it appears just like the first time opening of phone app.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    1) What device / patch version? It is most likely a feature even from the webOS side how the power button override works when proximity is used, but to be sure I need the device / version so I can check the code.

2) At least the patch has nothing to do with wifi connection, so it has to be something else. Haven't seen that happening myself though.
    Sorry for forgetting the device/version. It is on my pre3 running webOS 2.2.0 with the latest preware patch v2.2.0-77.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by xibie3256 View Post
    Yes,I do mean pre2.Before patching,the phone dialpad can appear in full screen directly from the bottom, while after patching, it appears just like the first time opening of phone app.
    Ok you are correct, there seems to be some old left over code that closes the phone app instead of hiding it. Will be fixed in next release.

EDIT: actually its not left over code, taking it out will brake the notification repeat code, I will have to see if I can make it work without the closing of the app.

EDIT2: ok so it seems that the same bug exists in Mojo only phone app as well, it just can't be started without the card launching (this is needed for notification repeat), but I did change it so that if you are not using the notification repeat you can enjoy from the fast start of phone app, if you have repeat enabled then you loose this ability. So with next release this is the new way how it works, i.e. depends on the repeat setting.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/17/2011 at 06:26 AM.
  18.    #798  
    Sorry for forgetting the device/version. It is on my pre3 running webOS 2.2.0 with the latest preware patch v2.2.0-77.
    So I am now pretty sure its a feature of how the proximity / power button stuff works. I did not see it in the code that why it would prevent it when hold on ear so it must be some inner workings of proximity sensor while on call. Well I think this is small problem, most likely you will lift the phone from you ear when you hangup call even via power button.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you for looking at it.
    The reason why I push the power button to close the call while the phone is still on my ear is to avoid the sound to turn to the speaker and then emitting loudly this awfull BEEEEP that makes all the iPh*ne owners around laughing at me. YI already reported it some time ago)
    If you managed to turn this sound notification off, I would be happy and this power button issue would indeed not be a great concern.

20.    #800  
    Thank you for looking at it.
    The reason why I push the power button to close the call while the phone is still on my ear is to avoid the sound to turn to the speaker and then emitting loudly this awfull BEEEEP that makes all the iPh*ne owners around laughing at me. YI already reported it some time ago)
    If you managed to turn this sound notification off, I would be happy and this power button issue would indeed not be a great concern.
    You have to have pretty good hearing friends, I barely here it even I am next to the phone. Thats why I haven't actually never even registered that sound. It is so low volume when on speaker at least. If it really is loud for you maybe the system sound volume effect or media volume since I keep those low on my normal mode.