Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Sconix should we remove the alpha patches we have installed and install the ones from the Preware feed? I didn't know if they'd show as an update or if we'd have to remove / reinstall them. Thanks.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Sconix should we remove the alpha patches we have installed and install the ones from the Preware feed? I didn't know if they'd show as an update or if we'd have to remove / reinstall them. Thanks.
    Yes you need to remove the alpha ones and then install the ones from the feed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Do Sprint Pre's with 2.1 fall under the legacy WR patches or legacy VZW patches?
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    Do Sprint Pre's with 2.1 fall under the legacy WR patches or legacy VZW patches?
    As far as I know the meta doctored ones fall down under the WR category. So the "normal" version of the patch should install. Unless if you have older meta doctored setup then most likely need the LEGACY version. Its bit annoying this situation with couple of versions there but the good thing is that you cant install the wrong version since it will error out.

The difference between the non VZW and VZW is only the language set so those that use english its always possible to install VZW one that only patches en and es language files.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    i have a sprint pre- with a meta dr and have the legacey patches installed.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i have a sprint pre- with a meta dr and have the legacey patches installed.
    Ok I might be wrong so legacy is for meta doctored installs.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Install error for me with all available version.

I have a Pre2 (P102UEU) with webOs 2.1.0.

Here's one of the error log:

Still, amazing job Sconix, I'll be sure to check for updates. Well done mate.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 57256 97 55914 0 0 21492 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 24894
    100 57256 100 57256 0 0 21767 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 25167
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    Install error for me with all available version.

I have a Pre2 (P102UEU) with webOs 2.1.0.

Here's one of the error log:

Still, amazing job Sconix, I'll be sure to check for updates. Well done mate.

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    97 57256 97 55914 0 0 21492 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 24894
    100 57256 100 57256 0 0 21767 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 25167
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

You most likely have another patch that is conflicting with something the framework patch installs.

You'll have to EPR or find which patch it is conflicting with and remove it before you can install the framework patch.

EDIT: A theme might conflict with this as well...?

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    You most likely have another patch that is conflicting with something the framework patch installs.

You'll have to EPR or find which patch it is conflicting with and remove it before you can install the framework patch.
    I guess you're right.
    I'll EPR the bugger ASAP. :-)

i have been able to install every patch except the system preferences. any idea based on the log? what does it touch? i should be able to figure out the conflicting patch if i know.
    thanks

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 28664 100 28664 0 0 5090 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 6130
    100 28664 100 28664 0 0 5063 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 6921
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs (2.1.0-25) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs (2.1.0-25) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    i have been able to install every patch except the system preferences. any idea based on the log? what does it touch? i should be able to figure out the conflicting patch if i know.
    thanks

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 28664 100 28664 0 0 5090 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 6130
    100 28664 100 28664 0 0 5063 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 6921
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    install
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    The bolded part is where the problem is. Some patch you have is conflicting with the prefs patch for that.

From what I know about the sys prefs patch, it would conflict with any patch that deals with:

haptic feedback and/or calculator haptic feedback
    global blinking settings
    scree timeout settings
    charger/low battery
    screen control while on charger and remove from charger..

and possibly more. Best bet would be to EPR.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Got it thanks. reduce min brightness to 5 was the one. actually for anyone having troubles if you look at that line in the log and sort your patches by category it might help. mine said screen lock. so i went to the screen lock category and took it and no im good to go.
    thanks
    Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs'
    Advanced New Card Per Convo (Messaging) <-- Would be nice to have this function built into 'ASP -Messaging Prefs'

Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs'
    Call Reject (Phone)
    Open To Favorites (Phone) <-- Would be a nice option to add to 'ASP - Phone Prefs'

Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs'
    UberCalendar (Calendar) <-- Surpised by this one since 'ASP - Calendar Prefs' does not add any of the same funtionality.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Got it thanks. reduce min brightness to 5 was the one. actually for anyone having troubles if you look at that line in the log and sort your patches by category it might help. mine said screen lock. so i went to the screen lock category and took it and no im good to go.
    thanks
    Your welcome.

Your also exactly right about the particular lines in the error logs. 9 out of 10 times you can figure out what patch is conflicting by that/those lines.

Glad you got it working.

sanjay open to favorites is built into sconix's patch. What function are you looking for with the call reject I have unknown and blocked callers go to voicemail (Contacts) I emailed sconix about ubercalendar he is talking with metaview and frantid to see if they can collaborate. He also said new card is coming once he completes mode switcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs'
    Advanced New Card Per Convo (Messaging) <-- Would be nice to have this function built into 'ASP -Messaging Prefs'

Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs'
    Call Reject (Phone)
    Open To Favorites (Phone) <-- Would be a nice option to add to 'ASP - Phone Prefs'

Not compatibile with 'Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs'
    UberCalendar (Calendar) <-- Surpised by this one since 'ASP - Calendar Prefs' does not add any of the same funtionality.
    I don't know anything about the new card per convo stuff, but the open to favorites and "on call reject" is there in the phone prefs.

The cal prefs patch conflicts with UberCalendar on a number of things: snooze options, repeat settings, snooze reminder, buttons for normal and all day events, etc...

EDIT: Seems Mamouton has some the answers above to the new card per convo and ubercalendar compatibility.

A project for the Advanced System Prefs 2.x patches has been created on the WebOS-Internals Redmine site.

This project on the Redmine site will house and help manage bug reports and feature requests specifically for the Advanced System Prefs 2.x patches.

Please use the Redmine site to submit bug reports and feature requests. You can also use the search and filtering capabilities of the Redmine site to see if a bug or feature has already be posted. (Note: If you wish to submit a bug report or submit a feature request, you will need to register on the Redmine site to do so.)

Please keep installation/upgrading issues off of the project's site as those are not bugs.

The direct link to the project can be found here and also in the OP of this thread.

If you have any questions regarding the project on the Redmine site, please feel free to contact Sconix or I.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/15/2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot title

If some of you are looking for the per contact stuff in the phone prefs... that is coming in the next update. The per contact stuff is in the email and messaging prefs patches, just not the phone prefs at the moment.

Feature request.

Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs
    1. Additional Days For Syncing (Email)
    2. More Sync Times (Email)

Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs
    1. Ubercalendar

Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs
    1. Advanced New Card Per Convo (Messaging) <-- NOT compatibile with 'ASP - Messaging Prefs'
    2. Enter Key for New Line (Messaging)
    3. Full IM Status (Messaging)
    4. Sign In As Invisible in IM (Messaging)
    5. SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding (Messaging)
    6. SMS Vibrate To Two Seconds (Messaging)

Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs
    1. Call Reject (Phone) <-- Already included in 'ASP - Phone Prefs'
    2. Open To Favorites/Call Log (Phone) <-- Already included in 'ASP - Phone Prefs'
    3. Turn the dialpad tones off and vibrate (Phone)
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/15/2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Feature request.

Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs
    1. Additional Days For Syncing (Email)
    2. More Sync Times (Email)

3. Turn the dialpad tones off and vibrate (Phone)

5. SMS Prepend Fwd When Forwarding (Messaging)
    1 & 2 My megamix email patch takes care of both of these
    3. Patch in preware until sconix includes
    5. already included under preferences
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/15/2011 at 01:35 PM.
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast