Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    It seems from this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ng-e-mail.html that Advanced System Prefs - Framework in Pre 3 could cause blink notification not appearing for e-mail.
    They do work if you have properly all advanced system prefs patches installed. The framework disabled global blink in notifications and makes it configurable (which the other patches adds to the according applications).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    6 of 7 Advanced System Prefs (all except Calendar Prefs as I have UberCalendar) installed and (I think) all configured to blink in all prefs and cases (e-mail, SMS, phone, ...) but only blink in phone.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  3.    #743  
    6 of 7 Advanced System Prefs (all except Calendar Prefs as I have UberCalendar) installed and (I think) all configured to blink in all prefs and cases (e-mail, SMS, phone, ...) but only blink in phone.
    Well it works for me, are you running 2.2.0 or 2.2.3? Have you tried restarting the phone etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    HP Pre 3 EU Qwerty with 2.2.0 3171 locale es_es with reboot. May be other conflicting patch or some about locale settings different from us_en. I only inform you as in previous thread 3 or 4 guys, including me, had that issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  5.    #745  
    HP Pre 3 EU Qwerty with 2.2.0 3171 locale es_es with reboot. May be other conflicting patch or some about locale settings different from us_en. I only inform you as in previous thread 3 or 4 guys, including me, had that issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    And you have restarted after changing the blink to on in email account settings? It seems that there might be a bug that those settings are not loaded on the fly. I will do some more tests.
    My previous tests:
    1) Install Advanced System Prefs - Framework -> No e-mail blink
    2) Install ASP - System Prefs and setting Blink notifications On in Screen and Lock app -> No e-mail blink
    3) Install ASP - Email Prefs and setting notification blink for new email On -> New e-mail is blinking again!
    I will install the rest of ASP later and see if some afect the blink.
    Thank you.
  7.    #747  
    My previous tests:
    1) Install Advanced System Prefs - Framework -> No e-mail blink
    2) Install ASP - System Prefs and setting Blink notifications On in Screen and Lock app -> No e-mail blink
    3) Install ASP - Email Prefs and setting notification blink for new email On -> New e-mail is blinking again!
    I will install the rest of ASP later and see if some afect the blink.
    Thank you.
    Ok that sounds about correct, but it might be that luna restart needed after changing the email prefs settings, I will have to verify this once I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its not the patch, or it can be if you have an installation error or some conflicting patch but I doubt it. Have seen this even without patches, or not 100% sure if it was exactly this but contact removing not working. Or syncing not working etc. Might want to try removing the account and adding it back.
    i'm sure this line came from advanced-system-prefs-framework
    "if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {"

where is function "isProviderReadOnly" defined? from original HP webos rom? or introduced by other patch?

i searched in git checkout and can't find it any where except inside advanced-system-prefs-framework that only call it but not define it

this is WebOS 2.1.2 veer btw
    remove the account will sure remove this contact list, but won't fix the issue
    1. add google account
    2. after sync is done, add contact named "a" on google account. (pressed "done" to save it)
    3. from the contact list (the "all" list), remove the contact "a". it's gone (seems, but not actually)
    4. check /var/log/messages, it says isProviderReadOnly is undefined
    5. close contact list (the app), reopen it, the contact "a" is still there
  9.    #749  
    Quote Originally Posted by moo.tinys View Post
    i'm sure this line came from advanced-system-prefs-framework
    "if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {"

where is function "isProviderReadOnly" defined? from original HP webos rom? or introduced by other patch?

i searched in git checkout and can't find it any where except inside advanced-system-prefs-framework that only call it but not define it

this is WebOS 2.1.2 veer btw
    remove the account will sure remove this contact list, but won't fix the issue
    1. add google account
    2. after sync is done, add contact named "a" on google account. (pressed "done" to save it)
    3. from the contact list (the "all" list), remove the contact "a". it's gone (seems, but not actually)
    4. check /var/log/messages, it says isProviderReadOnly is undefined
    5. close contact list (the app), reopen it, the contact "a" is still there
    So it seems that you are correct The function name has changed at some point, I will have to do checks it might be changed only for 2.1.2. Well anyway expect updates for the patch

EDIT: The version -197 should fix this problem, please let me know if it does not.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/30/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    looks good, thanks for your update

i tried to install "Advanced System Prefs - Sys - Prefs (veer)" on "almost" clean Veer (WebOS 2.1.2, 0 unpatches) but failed, same as reported by other users

# tail /media/internal/webos-patches.log -n20
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/fr/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/fr/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/it/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/it/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej

----------------------------------
    Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer:
    advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

maybe this is another 2.1.2 only issue that can't be reproduced on 2.1.0
    Last edited by moo.tinys; 11/01/2011 at 06:06 AM.
  11.    #751  
    looks good, thanks for your update

i tried to install "Advanced System Prefs - Sys - Prefs (veer)" on Veer (WebOS 2.1.2) but failed, same as reported by other

# tail /media/internal/webos-patches.log -n20
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/fr/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/fr/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/it/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/resources/it/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej

Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/app/views/networklist/networklist-scene.html.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer:
    advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

maybe this is another 2.1.2 only issue that can't be reproduced on 2.1.0
    No that means that you have failed uninstallation of the patch. I.e. parts of it are still applied. This should obviously not happen and I have no idea how something like this can happen, never happened to me with patches that they would stay half installed. Its like those files were not writable when patch was removed. Anyway you have to run EPR to remove all patches and then install them back which is painless operation usually with the help of saved packages list.
    No that means that you have failed uninstallation of the patch. I.e. parts of it are still applied. This should obviously not happen and I have no idea how something like this can happen, never happened to me with patches that they would stay half installed. Its like those files were not writable when patch was removed. Anyway you have to run EPR to remove all patches and then install them back which is painless operation usually with the help of saved packages list.
    ok, i get ran EPR 2.1.4 (emergency patch recover) and reinstall just
    1. Advanced System Prefs - Framework (Veer) 2.1.0-197 -> success
    2. Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs (Veer) 2.1.0-165 -> Failed, same as reported above
    now what should i do?

Code:
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 30874 94 29099 0 0 20904 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 26215
    100 30874 100 30874 0 0 19209 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23301
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.postinst 2>&1
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  13.    #753  
    ok, i get ran EPR 2.1.4 (emergency patch recover) and reinstall just
    1. Advanced System Prefs - Framework (Veer) 2.1.0-197 -> success
    2. Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs (Veer) 2.1.0-165 -> Failed, same as reported above
    now what should i do?

Code:
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 30874 94 29099 0 0 20904 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 26215
    100 30874 100 30874 0 0 19209 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23301
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.postinst 2>&1
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-sys-prefs-veer.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    There are two options that can be going on, 1) the info about the file has been got lost so that EPR wont know about it, 2) the backup file has been deleted. If its the 1) then running the EPR 2.1.4 twice in a row will fix the issue. I added a new feature into that EPR that if you run the second time in a row it will do search of remaining backup files. If that wont help then your only option is to manually recover those file by unpacking them from a doctor and copying them over (at least I think the Jason's webos recovery tool still wont support 2.x which could do that more easily). And of course doctoring would always work. Its hard to say what have caused the situation, maybe unclean shutdown of the device etc.
    There are two options that can be going on, 1) the info about the file has been got lost so that EPR wont know about it, 2) the backup file has been deleted. If its the 1) then running the EPR 2.1.4 twice in a row will fix the issue. I added a new feature into that EPR that if you run the second time in a row it will do search of remaining backup files. If that wont help then your only option is to manually recover those file by unpacking them from a doctor and copying them over (at least I think the Jason's webos recovery tool still wont support 2.x which could do that more easily). And of course doctoring would always work. Its hard to say what have caused the situation, maybe unclean shutdown of the device etc.
    thanks. that reminds me i'm using a clean doctor rom that enable wifi in firstuse. i'm re-flash the original rom
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I can't install update of the framework :

begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html.rej
    begin
    Rien d'intéressant.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    md5sum: can't open '/etc/palm/db/permissions/com.palm.person.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html.rej
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Well if you are having system crashes you have a serious problem which is not caused by the patches nor by the app. So for the question where to start debugging I can not say anything since the fault can be anywhere. If by crash you mean that whole phone crashes then its most likely kernel/filesystem/flash/hardware problem in which case doctoring is your best option. If I would have to guess I would say you have a database problem, i.e. your database is corrupted badly, most likely due to system crash.

So sorry, your problem is somewhat arbitrary i.e. caused by something that should not happen so its very hard to say what the fault is. I can only provide help with matters that can be replicated (i.e. are normal problems not caused by some system failure). Maybe someone with experience from system crashes / custom kernels could help more. I have never overclocked my devices nor used other than stock kernels and have had zero system crashes so my knowledge is limited on that subject.
    I re-doctored my phone and still had the same problem. I also have 2 spare Pre 2s that I ordered when HP had the fire sale, so I rebuilt my Sprint franken-unlocked Pre 2 ad *still* have the same problem. I am running the stock kernel and have never installed Govnah on this phone.

I did, of course, log back in to my Palm Profile, which restored apps & settings. I also restored my Saved Packages List in Preware and re-installed all patches ad homebrew from there... Could this be a conflict with another patch?

David
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I re-doctored my phone and still had the same problem. I also have 2 spare Pre 2s that I ordered when HP had the fire sale, so I rebuilt my Sprint franken-unlocked Pre 2 ad *still* have the same problem. I am running the stock kernel and have never installed Govnah on this phone.

I did, of course, log back in to my Palm Profile, which restored apps & settings. I also restored my Saved Packages List in Preware and re-installed all patches ad homebrew from there... Could this be a conflict with another patch?

David
    Well I am still bit reluctant to believe it would be because of any patch, sure it can for example some serious conflict. But I would first try with cleared settings, since it could be for example some corrupted database stored in your profile.
    All Advanced System Prefs are installed correctly and they did work, suddenly though no more little bell on the left and can't hear the personalized tone per contact, what happened? Solution?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  19.    #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    All Advanced System Prefs are installed correctly and they did work, suddenly though no more little bell on the left and can't hear the personalized tone per contact, what happened? Solution?
    Hmm sounds to me like the framework patch has been removed. Are you sure that the prefs framework is still installed? I released an update a while a go for the patch so maybe when you updated it, it failed to install. So try re-installing if it still shows up as installed.
    Hmm sounds to me like the framework patch has been removed. Are you sure that the prefs framework is still installed? I released an update a while a go for the patch so maybe when you updated it, it failed to install. So try re-installing if it still shows up as installed.
    Yep, it's installed, if I click on it it only says remove, should I remove it and then reinstall it? I'm always worried in these cases when I remove patches cos they often get stuck, can't update or remove them (at present charging alert sounds for instance is stuck).
    Are you sure removing and reinstalling is the best option?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.