Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I will look into this on the upcoming weekend. As said the last time I was unable to reproduce this, so if you could still post all related configurations so that I can try to replicate this.
    what do you need to know? I'll post whatever you need.

Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  2.    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    what do you need to know? I'll post whatever you need.

Baldric

Just try to be as exact as you can about all that effects it, i.e. the notification settings you have for the account, which account it is, the notification settings for the contact, the notification/alert settings in sound settings/ringtones prefs app. Also if you can again describe the order, i.e. you see first the notification then sound then second sound or first one sound then notification then second etc. Just as presicely as you can so I can at least try to see from the code that what could cause it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Just try to be as exact as you can about all that effects it, i.e. the notification settings you have for the account, which account it is, the notification settings for the contact, the notification/alert settings in sound settings/ringtones prefs app. Also if you can again describe the order, i.e. you see first the notification then sound then second sound or first one sound then notification then second etc. Just as presicely as you can so I can at least try to see from the code that what could cause it.
    Sound Settings - Ring & Alert Tones
    Ringtone AT&T TONE
    Alert Default
    Notify Default

Messaging - Accounts
    Palm Profile - Notification Sound
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone Chirps
    Notification Repeat
    Repeat Disabled

Google - Notification Sound
    Alert System Sound
    Repeat Disabled

Skype - Notification Sound
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone Chirps
    Repeat Disabled

Contact Custom Sound Setup
    SMS Message
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone R2D2

IM Message
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone R2D2

What I hear is first the custom sound (R2D2), the some system sound like a chime - don't know where that is set.

Thanks
    Baldric

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Am I not providing useful details? I appreciate all the work you do, and thought I was helping to improve things by explaining my problems fully and offering log files. I am continuing to have problems, and would like to work through them here in hopes of helping others while helping myself. I understand that you do this "for fun" and that you owe me nothing, but I'm confused by the silence on this while other topics are still being discussed, and I'm starting to feel foolish for continuing to post here... If my problem and posts about it are not helpful, please say so and I will stop.

I mentioned before that my problem with slider close not hanging up calls occurred after a system crash and that I thought it may be related to my settings for UK in Govnah. Since then I have switched back to the "Palm Default" profile, and a few times I was able to get the Slider Closed-Hangup Tweak to work again by switching the option to "Do Nothing," restarting Luna, then switching it back and restarting again.

However, since a crash yesterday while I was on a phone call, I can't get this Tweak working again. I am still using Palm Default settings in Govnah, but when I try to change the Slider Closed settings, I usually have another crash--either on the initial change back to "Do Nothing" or on the subsequent change back to "Hangup Call." I did eventually manage to get through both settings changes again, but the Tweak still doesn't work...

Is there anything I could look for in the log files to troubleshoot this?

Thanks again for all of these Advanced Settings patches.

David
  5.    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    Am I not providing useful details? I appreciate all the work you do, and thought I was helping to improve things by explaining my problems fully and offering log files. I am continuing to have problems, and would like to work through them here in hopes of helping others while helping myself. I understand that you do this "for fun" and that you owe me nothing, but I'm confused by the silence on this while other topics are still being discussed, and I'm starting to feel foolish for continuing to post here... If my problem and posts about it are not helpful, please say so and I will stop.

I mentioned before that my problem with slider close not hanging up calls occurred after a system crash and that I thought it may be related to my settings for UK in Govnah. Since then I have switched back to the "Palm Default" profile, and a few times I was able to get the Slider Closed-Hangup Tweak to work again by switching the option to "Do Nothing," restarting Luna, then switching it back and restarting again.

However, since a crash yesterday while I was on a phone call, I can't get this Tweak working again. I am still using Palm Default settings in Govnah, but when I try to change the Slider Closed settings, I usually have another crash--either on the initial change back to "Do Nothing" or on the subsequent change back to "Hangup Call." I did eventually manage to get through both settings changes again, but the Tweak still doesn't work...

Is there anything I could look for in the log files to troubleshoot this?

Thanks again for all of these Advanced Settings patches.

David
    Well if you are having system crashes you have a serious problem which is not caused by the patches nor by the app. So for the question where to start debugging I can not say anything since the fault can be anywhere. If by crash you mean that whole phone crashes then its most likely kernel/filesystem/flash/hardware problem in which case doctoring is your best option. If I would have to guess I would say you have a database problem, i.e. your database is corrupted badly, most likely due to system crash.

So sorry, your problem is somewhat arbitrary i.e. caused by something that should not happen so its very hard to say what the fault is. I can only provide help with matters that can be replicated (i.e. are normal problems not caused by some system failure). Maybe someone with experience from system crashes / custom kernels could help more. I have never overclocked my devices nor used other than stock kernels and have had zero system crashes so my knowledge is limited on that subject.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I just bought a new Pre 2 and installed most of the advanced patches, but it looks like the messaging patch doesn't install correctly because I see no option to change the sms vibrate length in the messaging prefs. Any ideas?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I just bought a new Pre 2 and installed most of the advanced patches, but it looks like the messaging patch doesn't install correctly because I see no option to change the sms vibrate length in the messaging prefs. Any ideas?
    That feature has not been included in the 2.x versions due to the fact that it can not be implemented properly. And I don't want to included features that are hackish and work poorly.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Ok, well at least there are other patches I can use to change the length. What about text reminders though?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  9.    #729  
    Ok, well at least there are other patches I can use to change the length. What about text reminders though?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Text reminders? You mean notification repeat, if yes then just see the account notification settings (the bell icon next to the account in the corresponding app accounts & preferences).
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Hmm, there is no icon there within the messaging prefs. There is one with the phone or email prefs
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Any ideas?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  12.    #732  
    Any ideas?
    Well you don't have either framework or messaging prefs patch installed.
  13.    #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Sound Settings - Ring & Alert Tones
    Ringtone AT&T TONE
    Alert Default
    Notify Default

Messaging - Accounts
    Palm Profile - Notification Sound
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone Chirps
    Notification Repeat
    Repeat Disabled

Google - Notification Sound
    Alert System Sound
    Repeat Disabled

Skype - Notification Sound
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone Chirps
    Repeat Disabled

Contact Custom Sound Setup
    SMS Message
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone R2D2

IM Message
    Alert Ringtone
    Ringtone R2D2

What I hear is first the custom sound (R2D2), the some system sound like a chime - don't know where that is set.

Thanks
    Baldric

Do you know or have possibility to test that does it happen with IM messages as well or only with SMS?

I just can't get my head around this one, by looking at the code the only way how there could be another sound is if there is some error happening while receiving the message, then the alert sound would get played (not sure if the normal one would get played as well since don't know how to produce this kind of error). But that would mean that you would get the extra sound even if you have not set the per contact notification.

So have you tested that if you set the contacts notification for example to mute, do you still get the chime sound? I.e. is it played always as long as you have set the per contact notification sound? And its not played if you set it to use default or its still played?
    Last edited by sconix; 10/24/2011 at 04:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hey first of all I'd just like to say I think your patches are awesome, this one and the Advanced Behaviors one, and I appreciate all the hard work you've done to help the webos community.

Just one feature request:
    Add the fix (or make it a tweak option) for google chat's not auto-logging in after a signal loss. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug or feature introduced in 2.1, but in 1.4.5, when the signal was lost (3g and wifi), after signal was found again google chat would automatically log in again. In 2.1 this is not the case, and after going into an elevator or something gchat stays logged off, but sometimes changing the status to available manually fixes this problem. Unfortunately this does not always work and occasionally it would get "stuck" and not be able to log in without a reboot. More info about this can be found here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...gnal-loss.html

Also, I know this has been worked on a bit by NuttyBunny, and I appreciate his help looking into this, but he also noted this might be a better fix for the Advanced System patches, which is why I'm posting it here. I'm not trying to "spam" this issue so it gets fixed, just don't want to lose track of it as I think its a serious bug, and want to make sure it gets fixed in the right place. Also, is there someplace better to post feature requests, or is this forum the right place?

Anyway, thanks!
  15.    #735  
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    Hey first of all I'd just like to say I think your patches are awesome, this one and the Advanced Behaviors one, and I appreciate all the hard work you've done to help the webos community.

Just one feature request:
    Add the fix (or make it a tweak option) for google chat's not auto-logging in after a signal loss. I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug or feature introduced in 2.1, but in 1.4.5, when the signal was lost (3g and wifi), after signal was found again google chat would automatically log in again. In 2.1 this is not the case, and after going into an elevator or something gchat stays logged off, but sometimes changing the status to available manually fixes this problem. Unfortunately this does not always work and occasionally it would get "stuck" and not be able to log in without a reboot. More info about this can be found here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...gnal-loss.html

Also, I know this has been worked on a bit by NuttyBunny, and I appreciate his help looking into this, but he also noted this might be a better fix for the Advanced System patches, which is why I'm posting it here. I'm not trying to "spam" this issue so it gets fixed, just don't want to lose track of it as I think its a serious bug, and want to make sure it gets fixed in the right place. Also, is there someplace better to post feature requests, or is this forum the right place?

Anyway, thanks!
    This is something that I have wanted to look into as well, but wont be adding / looking into new features before I get all my stuff ready for webOS 3.x as well.
    First off, thanks for the great patches - got them all installed on my new Veer. My question though is that looking at the "old" ACAL wiki, I see some interesting stuff designed for the Launcher that don't seem to be part of the new patches; I'm specifically looking for a way to wrap Launcher pages from first to last. Am I ready this correctly that some of the "older" features are not available in the new patch?
    Thanks!
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by vantagebox View Post
    First off, thanks for the great patches - got them all installed on my new Veer. My question though is that looking at the "old" ACAL wiki, I see some interesting stuff designed for the Launcher that don't seem to be part of the new patches; I'm specifically looking for a way to wrap Launcher pages from first to last. Am I ready this correctly that some of the "older" features are not available in the new patch?
    Thanks!
    The launcher patch is different from these patches, which does not exist for 2.x since in 2.x the launcher is not patcheable (its binary = part of the luna system manager).
    cannot delete contact after this patch (not sure yet)

i created a contact on google account, the /var/log/messages shows
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.292462Z [9160] palm-webos user.err mojodb-luna[1722]: [core.messageService] db: permission denied (-3963) - sender='com.palm.app.contacts 1002' method='del' payload='{"$activity":{"activityId":87},"ids":["++HkCUGk82RRRCpo"]}'
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.320484Z [9160] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Object [object Object] has no method 'isProviderReadOnly', palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.327847Z [9160] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: at clazz.test (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs:$576$:$36$) $at$ $Future$.$_maybeDispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$132$:$293$) $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$130$:$8$) $at$ $dispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$140$:$493$), $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$133$

so i search isProviderReadOnly in git
    $ grep -r isProviderReadOnly .
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {

i don't think its there, maybe it's isContactReadOnly(..) ?
    commenting out the "if" leaving fix it for me

// if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    c.deleteContact();
    // }
  19.    #739  
    Quote Originally Posted by moo.tinys View Post
    cannot delete contact after this patch (not sure yet)

i created a contact on google account, the /var/log/messages shows
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.292462Z [9160] palm-webos user.err mojodb-luna[1722]: [core.messageService] db: permission denied (-3963) - sender='com.palm.app.contacts 1002' method='del' payload='{"$activity":{"activityId":87},"ids":["++HkCUGk82RRRCpo"]}'
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.320484Z [9160] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: Object [object Object] has no method 'isProviderReadOnly', palmmojo_coreVersion1_0:104
    2011-10-29T17:47:31.327847Z [9160] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.contacts: at clazz.test (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/list-assistant.jsjsjs:$576$:$36$) $at$ $Future$.$_maybeDispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$132$:$293$) $at$ $Future$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$130$:$8$) $at$ $dispatch$ ($palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$140$:$493$), $palmfoundationsVersion1_0$:$133$

so i search isProviderReadOnly in git
    $ grep -r isProviderReadOnly .
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre-vzw.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-pre.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework-vzw.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    ./advanced/advanced-system-prefs-framework.patch:+ if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {

i don't think its there, maybe it's isContactReadOnly(..) ?
    commenting out the "if" leaving fix it for me

// if (!AppAssistant.accountsList.isProviderReadOnly(c.getAccountId().getValue())) {
    c.deleteContact();
    // }
    Its not the patch, or it can be if you have an installation error or some conflicting patch but I doubt it. Have seen this even without patches, or not 100% sure if it was exactly this but contact removing not working. Or syncing not working etc. Might want to try removing the account and adding it back.
    It seems from this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ng-e-mail.html that Advanced System Prefs - Framework in Pre 3 could cause blink notification not appearing for e-mail.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)